• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KillerCage

Smash Master
NONE OF THEM! THEY ALL SUCK!

Okay! Okay! I'm lying here. The Eeveelutions are just meh to me.

1606017383900.png

1606017511645.png

1606017609911.png

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

why is Twitter freaking out over animal crossing hair like seriously.

my faith in humanity’s competence has dwindled in the past hour not really but y’know.
Oooh believe me, my faith in humanity was destroyed since that awful debate I had on Discord.

Spongeboob

Smash Ace
A hot dog stand at the end of time and space
Switch FC
SW-5063-7952-1131
I still have faith in humanity. Also, I'd rank Them's Eevee Herds like this, from favorite to least favorite:
  1. Vaporeon
  2. Sylveon
  3. Espeon
  4. Umbreon
  5. Jolteon
  6. Glaceon
  7. Flareon
  8. Leafeon
Also, if there were a normal-type "Eeveelution", I'd dub it "Noeeveeon" because it's a palindrome, just like Eevee.

D

Deleted member

Alright, last rant about the aftermath of a horrible debate, and my deep issues that plague me.
I don't get it. I don't get it. It's a curse.
Every single time I get very attached to a community, it results in me getting banned, or leaving in anger.
I left two Discord servers today.
This has been happening for YEARS. I tried everything. I tried improving really hard, and it resulted in failure. I EVEN TRIED THERAPY, AND THIS CURSE STILL HAUNTS ME. IT'S BASICALLY FATE AT THIS POINT. I do not believe in fate very often, but I feel like this is genuinely fate. I wish people would just send me to Mars so I can die there peacefully and all by myself.
Hope everyone is having a good night.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
why is Twitter freaking out over animal crossing hair like seriously.

my faith in humanity’s competence has dwindled in the past hour not really but y’know.
The first mistake here was having a Twitter account.

The entire site is hostile, there's nothing social about this social media.

Shroob

Sup?
Crush Grip is a weird move. It's utterly unremarkable, yet it's Regigigas's signature move, and it has been since it's introduction. Why doesn't it get something better?
I think the question you should be asking is.

Despite them trying to make us care about Regigigas
Why isn't it better period

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Alright, last rant about the aftermath of a horrible debate, and my deep issues that plague me.
I don't get it. I don't get it. It's a curse.
Every single time I get very attached to a community, it results in me getting banned, or leaving in anger.
I left two Discord servers today.
This has been happening for YEARS. I tried everything. I tried improving really hard, and it resulted in failure. I EVEN TRIED THERAPY, AND THIS CURSE STILL HAUNTS ME. IT'S BASICALLY FATE AT THIS POINT. I do not believe in fate very often, but I feel like this is genuinely fate. I wish people would just send me to Mars so I can die there peacefully and all by myself.
Hope everyone is having a good night.
Perhaps the key is to become less attached.

I know that sounds backwards but sometimes being slightly less invested in a community means you can deal with the hardships better.

That's not to say you shouldn't get involved, but sometimes you just have to ignore the drama and wait for a return for normalcy.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I like that about Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei good pick!

Also in terms of eveelutions, my favorites probably go like this:

Glaceon
Slyveon
Espeon
Jolteon
Umbreon
Vaporeon
leafeon
Flareon

D

Deleted member

Perhaps the key is to become less attached.

I know that sounds backwards but sometimes being slightly less invested in a community means you can deal with the hardships better.

That's not to say you shouldn't get involved, but sometimes you just have to ignore the drama and wait for a return for normalcy.
This is a good tip.

It is just, its sad that I can never get too fully attached to a community without drama plaguing it.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

I mean it still has one of the best shinies in existence, sweet lore, and it did get protect this gen to make it a little better.

Regigigas is still my favorite of the regis

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I like that about Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei good pick!
I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT PICK YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT?!?!

In other news I just kickstarted two games.

Fraymakers, that indie platform fighter...

and

Chrono Sword, a game that genuinely intrigues me.

Before this, I've only ever kickstarted The Wonderful 101 Remastered, a game I already knew was good.

We'll see how this goes.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

Zygarde is the most underwhelming Pokemon from a story perspective, Regigigas from a gameplay perspective.

If they fused, we would have... ultimate dissapointment.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Zygarde is the most underwhelming Pokemon from a story perspective, Regigigas from a gameplay perspective.

If they fused, we would have... ultimate dissapointment.
At least they both look cool.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I like Zygarde, I really wish it was actually involved with X & Y’s story instead of just being dropped into a cave with some background lore that wasn’t really used and then the next Gen as a side-thing.

edit: I mean, that side-thing was cool, but if you got some good story potential why not use it y’know.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Fresh Prince reunion special...god damn was it giving out perfectly felt feels

Shroob

Sup?
I like Zygarde, I really wish it was actually involved with X & Y’s story instead of just being dropped into a cave with some background lore that wasn’t really used and then the next Gen as a side-thing.
Well, if nothing else, the damn thing destroyed Sword/Shield's metagame and had to be banned to Ubers for the first time ever.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Well, if nothing else, the damn thing destroyed Sword/Shield's metagame and had to be banned to Ubers for the first time ever.
Correction, this actually wasn't the first time Zygarde got banned to Ubers. It was banned back in Sun and Moon since Power Construct made it ridiculously bulky and made setting up trivial.

Then when it got added to Sword and Shield they unbanned it again because...reasons?

I don't know what Smogon is doing these days.

Shroob

Sup?
Correction, this actually wasn't the first time Zygarde got banned to Ubers. It was banned back in Sun and Moon since Power Construct made it ridiculously bulky and made setting up trivial.

Then when it got added to Sword and Shield they unbanned it again because...reasons?

I don't know what Smogon is doing these days.
I mean, let's not beat around the bush, Power Construct Zygarde is an entirely different beast than Aura Break Zygarde, and Power Construct Zygarde ha always been Ubers iirc.

It's Aura Break that was in OU, since, Aura Break Zygarde had always kinda sucked, but then Sword/Shield happened and yeah, way too strong now.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
All this talk about competetive Pokémon movesets and abilities is making my head hurt. Then again, I'm a filthy casual who's only played two games, so who am I to judge?

Not only that, but I'm just here, refusing to take my Boltund off of my Shield team, even if there are better electric types available to me.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
This is so ****ed up:

Amazon delivery drivers are stealing PS5s from people.
I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT PICK YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT?!?!

In other news I just kickstarted two games.

Fraymakers, that indie platform fighter...

and

Chrono Sword, a game that genuinely intrigues me.

Before this, I've only ever kickstarted The Wonderful 101 Remastered, a game I already knew was good.

We'll see how this goes.
That was auto correct my bad. I was saying that I liked your profile picture, good choice.

Shroob

Sup?
Calling it now:

Pheromosa, Spectrier and Magearna are next to go in terms of OU.

Now that Zygarde and Kyurem Black are gone, these three quickly rushed in to become the most used 'Mons of the tier, and all 3 are getting a ton of ire.

Pheromosa due to it being basically unpredictable in what it'll do

Magearna being ridiculously powerful

And Spectrier forcing teams to have a dark Pokemon at all times to handle it.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Reactions: Z25

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
Bolthound is cute but I wouldn't let him on my team
Does anyone else here like seafood? If you do, what do you like? Personally, I like sushi (if that counts), as well as salmon with garlic.
I like sushi too, clams, oysters, shrimp, scallops, crab, mussels, lobster, octopus, crawfish. Very tasty.

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Does anyone else here like seafood? If you do, what do you like? Personally, I like sushi (if that counts), as well as salmon with garlic.
My dad and I are legit the only two people in my household who can eat seafood. If it swims or crawls underwater, we're willing to give it a try.

We really like scallops and calamari in particular, and when we have nights alone, we go out for sushi or some other form of seafood.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I like salmon, I’ve had it before I think. My family doesn’t normally have seafood though. I didn’t even realize salmon WAS seafood.

I’m curious about squid and urchins; urchins because of a movie I watched back in highschool about a dude from India moving to France with his family and his mother back in India would make some kind of urchin dish that was apparently good, and squid...I’m not really sure why, but I just have a curious feeling, however it also personally feels wrong to do (not for others to do though) or weird for some reason so I probably wouldn’t actually eat squid. Maybe that’s weird.

I think I also like shrimp(?), I believe I tried it before at a Mexican restaurant. I’m not really sure, however.

I don’t like the shrimp in Gura’s chat, though.

There’s some weirdos in there.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Watching the Marvel 616 documentary about the Japanese Spider-Man show. If there are two sentences that sum up how bizarre this show seems to be, they are:

-the toy/robot designer saying "Maybe the spaceship Spider-Man rides to Earth should look kind of like a sphinx"

-a spider telepathically speaking to Spider-Man and saying "come, my brother - the time for revenge is here!"

I knew the show was unusual, and that it had a giant robot, but seeing it in action is even stranger than I expected.
That's pathetic, did they not mention the episode with the main villains making a disco song specifically designed to kill Spiderman as hearing it gives him immense pain?

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So I'm doing a look at Laid Back Camp and A Place Further Than The Universe. Doing a sort of side-by-side thing. Or replace the latter with Non Non Biyori.

Or thinking of watching Your Name but read the manga and watch the movie at the same time. Kinda like when someone plays the first level of two different ports. Like what I did with Metal Gear Solid 3 on the 3DS and Vita.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
That's pathetic, did they not mention the episode with the main villains making a disco song specifically designed to kill Spiderman as hearing it gives him immense pain?
I stopped about halfway through, so maybe it comes up in the second half? Also, that whole concept is hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom