• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Sometimes I wish I could post that "knife-earred piece of ****" video here.

I have no reason to bring this up. I just ran into it again and thought, "what would these guys say if they saw this?"

I should go to bed. I got **** to do tomorrow.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
people ******** and moaning and ******** some more over Marvel making Black Panther 2 with Shuri as the main character...only an actual dumbass who want T'Challa to be recasted into a different actor instead of keeping Chadwick Boseman as the only T'Challa the world ever needed in the live action world.

Edit: ha the b word gets censored...also Deadpool 3 actually happening y'all
I really don’t get the people that say it would be disrespectful to replace him with a successor of a character already close to him and whose held the mantle previously in comics.It’s disrespectful to recast a dead actor because one of two things will happen.

1) you give the implication this new actor is better then the previous one and overwrite the time and dedication the original one gave.

2) you end up with someone worse and that leaves everyone with a bad taste for the character, where it would have been better to leave a strong portrayal of the character even if the actor can’t give it anymore than to give the role to someone else.

But that’s just my opinion personally. I really do think they are going to keep it simple though. I would not be surprised if they opened with a funeral for T’challa with his death being caused by cancer in the MCU to. That way they can have a beautiful send off but also lean into a message of no matter how far we’ve come there are still things we can’t fix as humans and we need to keep fighting to do so.

It Would be a beautiful message that I think would resonate with people. Then have the film build to the narrative of Shuri taking the mantle to honor her brother and protect her people.

That’s my personal idea though.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
My drunk friends wanted food so I was a kind man and drove them out for ****. While in the line, this one dude takes 10 seconds to go up, so I assume he just wants me to go in front of him. I was wrong, and they started honking at first. So then I honk back. Then they start really honking. Then they start throwing coins at my car. Then they throw whole ****ing cans and a box, meanwhile someone in the back is making gestures at them while I'm just trying to go through a goddamn line.

I really kept my cool man, you don't ****ing throw **** at another man's car. The staff eventually got out and did what I was about to do for me and told them off the goddamn lot. If you get caught lackin, don't be slackin, and don't throw a fit because it's 2 AM and everyone doesn't wanna deal with this bull****.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So uh...I had a few Covid-like symptoms just pop up. I'm used to headaches and fatigue but now I've got a sore throat and loss of taste on top of that.

Honestly it feels like strep throat to me but since I don't have access to Covid testing thanks to a lack of a car I'm going to assume the worst and start quarantine tomorrow. Thankfully having just one symptom of covid is enough to get paid leave at my job right now.

Bleg. Big silver lining is that I'll have a lot of time to clean and organize my apartment. And I don't really like my job so having to stay indoors all day is barely a step down.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
New medication is being a weird prick on me. Swear to all existence, I really cannot wait for the day I'm off all of it. I'll feel like a free man again.

And honestly I don't know if each day I'm getting better or worse.

D

Deleted member

So uh...I had a few Covid-like symptoms just pop up. I'm used to headaches and fatigue but now I've got a sore throat and loss of taste on top of that.

Honestly it feels like strep throat to me but since I don't have access to Covid testing thanks to a lack of a car I'm going to assume the worst and start quarantine tomorrow. Thankfully having just one symptom of covid is enough to get paid leave at my job right now.

Bleg. Big silver lining is that I'll have a lot of time to clean and organize my apartment. And I don't really like my job so having to stay indoors all day is barely a step down.
Oh no, I hope everything goes well, and you end up being safe!

D

Deleted member

Is DMO like the original Digimon world and it's PS4 sequel? Where the entire game is spent praying to RNGesus?

Speaking of Milleniummon.

I find it pretty interesting how this specific Digimon is the catalyst for the entirety of the Digimon adventure anime's storyline yet he's never encountered within any of the shows or movies.

He's only fought in the Japan only videogames.
It's hard to describe really. It's basically just a game where the devs said "**** it, we're throwing as much **** as possible together and hope it works"

Because in DMO, you have:
-Seals system(would take too long to explain)
-accessories(most of which are garbage until you get endgame)
-cloning system(somewhat self-explanitoy)
-player shop system
-hatching system(better hope RNGjesus is on your side if you want to actually hatch anything)
-the Spirit System, where you can relieve Frontier and get Susa- oh wait's that right you have to spend a total of $100* to unlock him(not to mention who knows how many hours of grinding) because of course you do -_- Not to mention right now he's garbage.

*this assumes you don't buy from any players which would reduce the cost drastically, and on Steam due to the 20% off thing it's actually closer to 80. but it's still bull.

And that's not even getting into the areas. The tutorial area is currently based in the first few episodes of Digimon Data Squad, but then you immediately head to File Island and do a bunch of stuff there. Although originally you went to Western Village instead(which as far as I'm aware is loosely based on dats squad but eventually becomes Digimon Season 02) and then Snowstorm Village(which seems to be a completely original area)

There's also Tokyo-Odaiba for that N O S T A L G I A, the recently added Shinjuku(which is bugged to hell and back and annoyingly hard because all the digimon are set to aggro if you so much as look at them) and a bunch of various dungeons like the Shadow Labyrinth, and then you have Versandi Terminal, the money maker area.

It's a huge ****ing mess, but it's a good mess.

Oh yeah, and while we're on the topic, the best digimon in the game is ZeedMillenniummon, followed by pretty much every Omegamon form BESIDES the original(who is garbage unless you have Omegamon X who of course is lootboxed)

Last edited by a moderator:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Sometimes I wonder if working 8 AM to 9 PM is good for my health.

Let me tell you, it ain't helping my social life.
Depends on the job. Depends on your perspective of the job. Depends on the work conditions. Depends on how your body reacts to these work conditions.

D

Deleted member

One more episode of Vanguard IF then it's all over. Overall it's not the worst Vanguard has ever made, but it's certainly didn't live up to my expectations. Really hoping Overdress is better.

Although if there's anything I can praise it for the opening is fire

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Question, If I buy a PS5 from say Japan would that be available to play in English?

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I'm sitting here annoyed that my grandmother accidentally turned down a job offer someone was giving me because she assumed the job offer was for my brother.

Never git the appeal of Vtubers, and honestly, I'm glad that I'm not a VTuber fan.
I just like Korone.

Because she went through the effort of learning a new language just because she saw that she was gaining a sizeable audience in the west and she wanted them to enjoy the streams like her local audience.
It's kinda wholesome.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
I am smack dab on a small rock in the middle of an acidic river. I'm trying to write a 5-page essay for my Intro to Animation class about any aspect of animation that I want, but I am having some serious trouble thinking of what to write. I wanted to try and take a look at Garry's Mod animation, but that would just come off as nonsensical. I still wanted to have some relation to games, though, so I'm trying to type up one surrounding SFM, but now that's just coming up short, too.

What do I do in this situation?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I really don’t get the people that say it would be disrespectful to replace him with a successor of a character already close to him and whose held the mantle previously in comics.It’s disrespectful to recast a dead actor because one of two things will happen.

1) you give the implication this new actor is better then the previous one and overwrite the time and dedication the original one gave.

2) you end up with someone worse and that leaves everyone with a bad taste for the character, where it would have been better to leave a strong portrayal of the character even if the actor can’t give it anymore than to give the role to someone else.

But that’s just my opinion personally. I really do think they are going to keep it simple though. I would not be surprised if they opened with a funeral for T’challa with his death being caused by cancer in the MCU to. That way they can have a beautiful send off but also lean into a message of no matter how far we’ve come there are still things we can’t fix as humans and we need to keep fighting to do so.

It Would be a beautiful message that I think would resonate with people. Then have the film build to the narrative of Shuri taking the mantle to honor her brother and protect her people.

That’s my personal idea though.
Personally I kinda want to see T’Challa die in the sequel by sacrificing himself in order to save Wakanda. Die as a king and hero, then that could eventually lead to Shuri becoming the successor, knowing Wakanda will need a new hero and leader

Reactions: Z25

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
And then the ostrich knocks him out. The end.

Really some of those shows felt like they tried way, way too hard to be funny.
I mean yeah I guess around here is where these shows started to lose their touch, but I still feel like iCarly had a lot of good jokes in its run

LAA9000

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
JUST#956
3DS FC
0361-9069-2936
Switch FC
SW-5393-4946-0209
Sorry if this is flexing, but my Age of Calamity preorder from Amazon UK came through:
I got a bunch of pre-order bonuses, but I doubt I'll actually use them now: the poster is too big for the frame I have, so I might still be stuck with that Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS poster; I doubt I'd use the notebook (does anyone use pre-order bonus notebooks?); and I have no decent place to display the postcards, hence why I haven't opened them. I have yet to try the game out. I was also worried I'd get the Swiss box art for some reason.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I see the appeal of Vtubers, and I have watched a couple Vtuber vids, but I haven't been pulled in. I think the thing that tends to steer me away when it comes to Vtuber vids is the stiff animations. The animations just look very Live2D mixed with one of those Face-apps, like Facerig or something similar, but the stiff animations don't do it for me.

It'll be cool when the animations become alot more life-like at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom