• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Imagine this;

Right before GOTY screen fades to black.

*new horizons theme starts playing.

isabelle: Good morning everyone! Today o have a special announcement! We have a new friend moving in today!

*heavy metal starts playing.

Isabelle:
Let’s give a big warm welcome to Doom! Welcome to Smashville Doom!

*Doom Guy Tears in!

Your reaction?

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So looking at the nominees.

1. Xenoblade Chronicles didn't get nominated for anything. Boo.

2. What the ****? Ghost of Tsushima didn't get nominated for Best Score?

3. If THPS loses to FIFA for best sports, I'm gonna shout rigged.

4. As much as I loved Ghost of Tsushima and would vote it for GOTY, I think Animal Crossing is more right to give it one instead. In 2020 with the pandemic, it really proved what it can do for video games.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Imagine this;

isabelle: Good morning everyone! Today o have a special announcement! We have a new friend moving in today!

Isabelle:

*Doom Guy Tears in!

Your reaction?
I would laugh uncontrollably and celebrate Doomguy's inclusion. That would be an amazing thing.

Dutch Raikuna

I've a massive craving to play Tales of Zestiria and Assassins Creed Syndicate for some reason today. Downloading both now.

Also saw one of my government ministers while out for a walk. Should have shouted something like "Politicians aren't real!"

Oh hey, the Wii U launched in NA eight years ago as of today.
Still surprised I never picked one up. Might still do for Xenoblade X at some point.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Still surprised I never picked one up. Might still do for Xenoblade X at some point.
Same boat as you but I'm still praying that a definitive edition will release sometime soon for the Switch. Can't justify spending a premium on a dead console just to play one game.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
here's the thing

I want to shiny hunt, but it feels like a waste of time without the shiny charm

I can't get the last few Pokemon for the dex by myself

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I still think having a live orchestra at this year's The Game Awards makes little sense.

Performing live on a stage in front of an audience makes sense but a live stream? Not really.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I forgot how good of a game Digimon Cyber sleuth was.

I've mainly just been messing around with side content and got myself Greymon, Geogreymon and Angewomon for the first time in this game.

R O F L

Smash Ace
here's the thing

I recommend trying the free version of the Pokemon home app to get the rest. It's easy to get the rest of the exclusives, even the other Sword doggo, by using the trade system on there. All you'd need to do is set up trades with your version's exclusives for it's other version counterpart, plus your Rusted Sword/Sheild would be safe if you traded for the other sword doggo and then traded back.
I was stuck with Zacian, Solrock, and Stonjourner for months before I realized I could just set up AFK trade requests on the Pokemon Home app.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

I still think having a live orchestra at this year's The Game Awards makes little sense.

Performing live on a stage in front of an audience makes sense but a live stream? Not really.
Eh, kinda disagree.

The medley of the GOTY nominees is one of the reasons why I watch it every year.

2017 where the transition form Horizon Zero Dawn's Main Theme to BOTW's to Rivers in the Desert was amazing so I love that kinda theme.

Even just a few people would do.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I recommend trying the free version of the Pokemon home app to get the rest. It's easy to get the rest of the exclusives, even the other Sword doggo, by using the trade system on there. All you'd need to do is set up trades with your version's exclusives for it's other version counterpart, plus your Rusted Sword/Sheild would be safe if you traded for the other sword doggo and then traded back.
I was stuck with Zacian, Solrock, and Stonjourner for months before I realized I could just set up AFK trade requests on the Pokemon Home app.
I have Home, it's just that everyone's asking for ridiculous deals. Unless I spend a few days farming Glastriers and Regidragos in the Crown Tundra, I'm not getting them.

R O F L

Smash Ace
I have Home, it's just that everyone's asking for ridiculous deals. Unless I spend a few days farming Glastriers and Regidragos in the Crown Tundra, I'm not getting them.
You should try putting up a AFK trade in the GTS instead of looking for other peoples trades, just get a few Esicues or Stonjourners depending on which version you have and you should be able to get any version exclusive. To get the other Sword doggo, you'd probably have to trade the one you already have unless you have one of the new Regis or Horses you're willing to trade, though.
I'm usually able to set up an AFK trade with my Eiscue for practically any Sword exclusive Pokemon and I get a result in about 5 hours, and was able to trade Zamazenta for Zacian and then that Zacian for Zamazenta in less than 10 hours.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I wanted to post something that I felt like sharing. It’s off-topic but it’s something that’s really bittersweet for me.

I’m not one to quote things to prove an ideological point or to convey an emotion as I feel I am capable of articulating myself to convey how I feel. That being said, there is one quote from the movie, Interstellar, that really hits home, as a son and as a parent, and one that really gets me in the feels:

“After you kids came along, your mom, she said something to me I never quite understood. She said, "Now, we're just here to be memories for our kids." I think now I understand what she meant. Once you're a parent, you're the ghost of your children's future.”

Every day, I come to the realization that my own parents will soon become a memory for my sister and I and that, likewise, I will become a memory for my own kids. This quote never hit home until I revisited it after having kids and it was then I realized how very true it is. This actually encouraged me to repair the damages in my relationship with my parents after a fall out due to differences in just about everything and also helped me enjoy every moment I have with my kids instead of just waiting till they go to bed. I’ve kept this quote with me for a while now and, whenever I feel like I’m smiling back to that old mindset, I try to remind myself of this quote.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
I hope that they learned their lesson with SFV and don't release it with several key features missing and a bare bones character roster.
i'd have hope considering the entire reason we're still getting SFV dlc is that they saw they were ****ing SFVI up and decided to give it some more time in the oven

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
here's the thing

What pokemon you need? I don’t have every exclusive but I have a few I can dex trade. Specifically legends if you need those

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Gonna be interesting to see the results of the VGAs this year. Regardless of who wins, I get the feeling that TLOU2 fans will hate fans of the winning game if they don't win. I'm talking, like, straight-up failed attempts at cyberbullying.

But by the looks of it, they hate everyone equally by default, so I guess I can't necessarily expect much...
funny how I forgot about that game being a thing this year when Sony had better PS4/PS5 games come out
Wait, Personal 5 Royal is a nominee for "Best RPG" but not Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition?! What in the *ing * is this *ing *?

bright side...you can vote for Persona 5 Royal and try to rebel against Maruki who obviously made this decision to make up for them losing the Persona Awards this year
So Age of Calamity spoilers are out and I'm kind of bummed out about it.
Apparently the game has a sad "ending" early on, but then BB-Egg goes back in time again and creates another new timeline with a happy ending.

I kind of expected the creators to chicken out and give us a happy ending even before we knew Time Travel was going to get involved, but I'm really disappointed. But what upsets me the most is that I feel like it really undermines the tragic undertones of BotW if you go "Never mind all that! Here's an alternate timeline where everyone lives!"

It's okay for a story to have a sad ending. Just leave a glimmer of hope so it's not all too bleak. A final stage where Zelda goes to seal away the Calamity on her own would have been a perfect way to end things but alas everyone must live.
doesn’t sound so bad...as long as I don’t have to see Mipha viciously murdered
Lets be honest; The Last Of Us (Part 1) is overrated (great story, mediocre gameplay).
I have no opinion on the game other than how funny it was to look at all the memes of Joel dying...that Mario one is still my favorite one
Only voting for Ori and the Will of the Wisps because that's the only game in the entire thing I have played.

And I don't follow esports.
who really does tbh
Man, it is annoying how there is always this bias in The Game Awards.

For 2018, it was Red Dead Redemption 2.
For 2019, it was Death Stranding.
For 2020, its TLOU 2 for sure.
2017 was BOTW/Nintendo overall...and we all loved that bias
A message to all my ladies out there

View attachment 292134
I now want a woman who loves Nintendo and can yeet me into any place I need to get business done at before time runs out

...unless that woman actually has the physics and controls of Sunshine then nvm

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I wanted to post something that I felt like sharing. It’s off-topic but it’s something that’s really bittersweet for me.

I’m not one to quote things to prove an ideological point or to convey an emotion as I feel I am capable of articulating myself to convey how I feel. That being said, there is one quote from the movie, Interstellar, that really hits home, as a son and as a parent, and one that really gets me in the feels:

“After you kids came along, your mom, she said something to me I never quite understood. She said, "Now, we're just here to be memories for our kids." I think now I understand what she meant. Once you're a parent, you're the ghost of your children's future.”

Every day, I come to the realization that my own parents will soon become a memory for my sister and I and that, likewise, I will become a memory for my own kids. This quote never hit home until I revisited it after having kids and it was then I realized how very true it is. This actually encouraged me to repair the damages in my relationship with my parents after a fall out due to differences in just about everything and also helped me enjoy every moment I have with my kids instead of just waiting till they go to bed. I’ve kept this quote with me for a while now and, whenever I feel like I’m smiling back to that old mindset, I try to remind myself of this quote.
Interstellar is such an awesome movie. One of my top 10 favorite live-action movies of all time.

And, I think it's neat that you can make that connection with your real life, with your own family.

D

Deleted member

So apparently, going by the email I just got, youtube's changing their terms so that

A) they now can monetize any video, even those not in the program
and
b) payouts for those in the program are gonna be treated as royalties and thus have tax applied.

Not entirely sure of the implications of this tbh

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I had terrible sleep quality last night and the nighy before that, so right now I'm at work and I feel awful. Like I'm in kind of a daze with a slight headache, and I'm completely unable to focus right now. And this is right in the peak of our holiday rush.

This is going to be a long day.

R O F L

Smash Ace
Oh hey, the Wii U launched in NA eight years ago as of today.
Damn, for how useless the console feels I'd think it would be older than that. But then again I got it on launch day and I'm under 20.
The only things my Wii U still does is collecting dust, playing Donkey Kong 64, and legally extracting the ROM for Paper Mario.

KillerCage

Smash Master
Imagine this;

Isabelle:

*Doom Guy Tears in!

Your reaction?

I can get used to this.
A message to all my ladies out there

View attachment 292134
Had to do it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Feels weird to think about but One Piece is pretty close to being done. We already know most of the keys, it's just the doing it we're waiting on. Although considering the pacing of One Piece it's gonna be a longggg time before we get really close.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
i'd have hope considering the entire reason we're still getting SFV dlc is that they saw they were ****ing SFVI up and decided to give it some more time in the oven
Perhaps.

I will say that I hope their current way of communication regarding future content carries over into SFVI. The Season 5 reveal stream for SFV was very well handled compared to the radio silence that we had to deal with for the bulk of the game's life cycle.

KillerCage

Smash Master
Hot take? The chuckster level wasn't too bad. It was bull*, yes but you wanna know bull*?
THESE LEVELS WERE ING BULL INCARNATE

Thank you for bringing back those memories.
People who had the most trouble with the acid river, raise your hands.
Not really. Getting to the toxic river is more difficult than beating it.
Pachinko on the other hand can go die in a fire.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I might not even play Sunshine, because I hear all of these horror stories about certain parts of the games, like the melons, the chucksters, the rivers, the sand bird, the lily pad, the pachinko machine, and more...

O_O

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom