• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Was that confirmed though ? I thought Luz had no interests in romance so far.
A1F9C158-0E13-47EB-BBC8-095BEACC6509.gif

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Finished No More Heroes 2. While I think the original is the superior of the two, both are still great games. Buy them like, right now, before the sale ends.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Sakurai: Who is this sir?
Shuntaro Furukawa: This is Bob Iger, of the Disney company. And he has a question to ask you.
Bob Iger: Could you make a fighter out of Iron Man? No tricks. No funny internet rules. Just a yes or no.
Sakurai: begrudgingly yes
Shuntaro Furukawa: Great. He will be a part of the second fighters pass to promote both the Marvel Universe in Japan and Ultimate Alliance 3. They're very keen on stoking the brand interest.
Sakurai: But
Shuntaro Furukawa: No buts! Either he goes in, or you're off the project.
Sakurai:....
Shuntaro Furukawa: Do I make myself clear?
Sakurai: Yes sir.
Shuntaro Furukawa: Good
3j0g0s.jpg

D

Deleted member

Happy Friday 13th.

Steam currently has a sale on Fighting games, so I'm thinking of picking up KoF 13 for 5€. Was thinking of Granblue Fantasy at first, but even with the sale, it still seems a bit too expensive, considering the Character Pass Set doesn't even include the second wave and is already fairly expensive on its own.

Dragon Ball FighterZ is also down by 84%, with Fighters pass 2 by 50%. If I'd care about DB, I'd totally grab that as well, but alas, I don't. Still sounds like a good deal and apparently the game is pretty good as well.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Shuntaro Furukawa: This is Bob Iger, of the Disney company. And he has a question to ask you.
Bob Iger: Could you make a fighter out of Iron Man? No tricks. No funny internet rules. Just a yes or no.
Shuntaro Furukawa: Great. He will be a part of the second fighters pass to promote both the Marvel Universe in Japan and Ultimate Alliance 3. They're very keen on stoking the brand interest.
View attachment 291785
Because MCU needs sooo much promotion.

Also imagine having all those cool Marvel characters to choose from and going with Iron Man.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
View attachment 291785
But...we already have Iron Man:ultsamus:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
View attachment 291785
This seems sorta passive aggressive.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Some important stuff got dropped. Brown Mario returns.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
View attachment 291785
Because MCU needs sooo much promotion.

Also imagine having all those cool Marvel characters to choose from and going with Iron Man.
But...we already have Iron Man:ultsamus:
This seems sorta passive aggressive.
1718cfa69b61fd244cd51b28507229d6.jpg

a whole ass Web Warriors crew...but ya choose Iron Man...

...and then the people who replied didn't bother to say Howard the Duck for Smash (this one doesn't count)...

...how could you all be so heartless (like those evil people from Kingdom Hearts, one of the few things I actually know from that franchise outside the Disney stuff)

edited message...totally forgot ass is no longer censored

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
View attachment 291800
a whole ass Web Warriors crew...but ya choose Iron Man...

...and then the people who replied didn't bother to say Howard the Duck for Smash (this one doesn't count)...

...how could you all be so heartless (like those evil people from Kingdom Hearts, one of the few things I actually know from that franchise outside the Disney stuff)
Because Sony has Spider-Man's exclusive game rights, that's why.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Because Sony has Spider-Man's exclusive game rights, that's why.
yet he was in MUA3, a buncha mobile games, and Lego Marvel games...and MvC Infinite. Just because Marvel gave Insomniac the honor in making Spider-Man games, then they went to Sony for an assist (and now they're owned by Sony, keeping that specific Spider-Man gaming universe exclusive), doesn't mean they flat out own his gaming rights. Otherwise he wouldn't get to be on any other platform, similar treatment to his movies.

Slime Master

Smash Ace
Been trying to get into traditional fighting games for a while now and the steam sale going on right now seems like a great opportunity, figured I'd ask here for some suggestions. Some vague criteria that I'm thinking of, in descending order of importance:
  • Good online is pretty important, since I won't be playing with humans otherwise. This includes good netplay and having an active enough community that I can reasonably find games.
  • A good tutorial and/or good online resources would be nice, as would some single player content to give me some time to get used to the controls.
  • Naturally, being easier to get into.
  • Since neutral and footsies are the most interesting part to me, something not too combo or wake-up-option-reads heavy would probably be more enjoyable. I also don't tend to like grinding in training mode, but I think that might be a necessity either way.

I was looking into Guilty Gear, but mostly just because I like the artstyle. I did read at least one of the older ones has rollback though.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Vermillion Gates is a really sick track.

Some of the best Tekken music in a good while. I wasn't into the EDM stuff they were going into since Tag 2, barring a few songs.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Man

Griffon 3 is so weird.

Like his first phase continue to have really bad camera angle....but you can skip it by just throwing two fully charged Meteor & then just shoot him in the air once he is done with his flying animation. At which point the second phase begin & the camera is much, much better. (Albeit not perfect, but that's DMC1 for ya)

His second phase is alot more fair & exciting, buuuut ****, having to mash the gun button for it & all previous fight just kill your fingers after retry & retry.

What's worse is that I was able to understand how to dodge all of his move...except one where he throw a wave of electricity then a ball, rinse and repeat, this attack always **** me over & killed most of my run. I pretty much had to hope he wouldn't use it at all or very few times.

Worse is that I had a run where I almost defeated him without using a golden orb, but I died right before taking the last remaining of his health, and when I did beat him, I had to use some orbs beforehand. So despite my skills & dodging most of his moves, I got a D, and that really annoy me.

Especially since the fight in itself -once it's his second phase atleast & mashing aside - is quite enjoyable to fight on it's own, alot more than Griffon 2 for sure & even Griffon 1 too, but ehhhhh, just came out with mixed feeling at the end.

Still, his death scene always make me sad, how funny the most frustrating boss can still make you feel pity toward it once it's his time to go.

Rest in peace, big chicken, see ya in DMC V. If I ever get that game.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I just learned you can parry the blades Nightmare thrust at you when you're on the side of it's body, doing so stun it for a while.

I know you can Ifrit's fiery jump to parry it, but like....will I be able to do it when the time come?:080:

KillerCage

Smash Master
Been trying to get into traditional fighting games for a while now and the steam sale going on right now seems like a great opportunity, figured I'd ask here for some suggestions. Some vague criteria that I'm thinking of, in descending order of importance:
  • Good online is pretty important, since I won't be playing with humans otherwise. This includes good netplay and having an active enough community that I can reasonably find games.
  • A good tutorial and/or good online resources would be nice, as would some single player content to give me some time to get used to the controls.
  • Since neutral and footsies are the most interesting part to me, something not too combo or wake-up-option-reads heavy would probably be more enjoyable. I also don't tend to like grinding in training mode, but I think that might be a necessity either way.

I was looking into Guilty Gear, but mostly just because I like the artstyle. I did read at least one of the older ones has rollback though.
Why not Blazblue?

Omar_25

Smash Superstar
Happy Friday 13th.

Steam currently has a sale on Fighting games, so I'm thinking of picking up KoF 13 for 5€. Was thinking of Granblue Fantasy at first, but even with the sale, it still seems a bit too expensive, considering the Character Pass Set doesn't even include the second wave and is already fairly expensive on its own.

Dragon Ball FighterZ is also down by 84%, with Fighters pass 2 by 50%. If I'd care about DB, I'd totally grab that as well, but alas, I don't. Still sounds like a good deal and apparently the game is pretty good as well.
It's kinda sad how spendy Granblue is. Like they're reaaaally milking it at this point. At lest it isn't DoA with it's 80$ season passes though lol.

If you're looking for good netcode, Guilty Gear XX AC+R and KOF 2002 just got rollback (although Guilty Gear rollback is only in beta right now iirc). Tekken 7 also got a small improvement with its netcode recently, although I don't think it's too much of an improvement (still completely playable if you have decent internet). I've heard that Street Fighter 5 supposedly has rollback, but I've also heard that it's kinda trash lol.

As for active communities, Street Fighter 5 and Tekken 7 are among the most active currently I think. Guilty Gear XX AC+R has also had a ton of activity recently with the rollback beta (last I looked it was hovering around 500 players daily). For most of the lower population games you would probably have to resort to joining a discord community to find games. Also, Steamcharts is a great tool to see if the games you're interested in are active at all.

My personal recommendation would be Under Night In Birth. Just an outstanding game overall imo. Amazing tutorial, fairly simple inputs (no absurd stick motions like KOF lol), really cool cast of characters, dope music, and just great visual design overall. Unfortunately the online is delay based, but the developers have said that they're working on implementing rollback at some point in the future.

Also, Guilty Gear XX AC+R is literally like 3$ right now. Actually a steal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom