• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Would a Star Wars character work in Mortal Kombat?
Perhaps with someone like Darth Maul or Starkiller. It'll never happen though since its now owned by Disney.
Didn't know cows can eat pythons.

And yes, this happened in Australia where I live.
It's Australia dude. You shouldn't be surprised at what goes down there in your country.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Of course my old hunk of a computer can't connect to the school wifi -_-

I don't want to use my personal hotspot if I don't have to, already have enough limits on that **** as is.
What were you expecting? "Ready Player Series X?" :yoshi:
I meant moreso that I was surprised there even was a sequel in the works. I mean yeah the first movie did great... but it didn't exactly strike me as anything that really needed an obligatory "this did well so here's a sequel" thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
It's come full-circle. Like if they got Ridley Scott to direct a Metroid film.

Though yeah, I'd like to think this will turn out better than the sequel to the first film. That film's quality took a nosedive the instant they killed off Mako. Like, what the hell was that for?
Now that you mentioned it. I would honestly love for a Metroid animated series especially by NetFlix through a deal with Nintendo given the awesome cartoons they've been producing such as Castlevania, Hilda, Green Eggs & Ham, and now Blood of Zeus.

They can make such a show deliver.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I am not being affected by the spambots. Are they spamming notifications, or somewhere else?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Finished another Halloween drawing. This one's a background.

I personally like this one quite a bit, so I hope you guys dig it too!

D

Deleted member

.tnemetats lufrednow siht gnidaer rof uoy knahT .em tuoba kniht srehto tahw tuoba deirrow os ma yllaretil I .gniddik tsuj ma I ,yllautca ,lleW . . .snamuh morf noitalosi emos deviecer I emit si tI .sraM ot tluda ma I nehw htraE evael ot gniog ma I taht wonk uoy tel ot tnaw I neht ,siht daer uoy fi ,syawynA .yzarc si hcihw ,yllacisyhp ti did uoy sselnU .siht daer ot etisbew emos desu ylbaborp uoy ,sdrawkcab siht daer uoy fI

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
Yes but he's not an Australian Aboriginal.

I'm talking about indigenous to Australia, like how Nightwolf is indigenous being Native American.
You know one of the main reasons I call myself roguewolf is cause I’m genuinely a Native American boyo (i know crazy that someone with an animal in their name wasn’t furry motivated For once) and I find those names like sitting bull and stuff hilarious so I made my own for sites knowing no one would know the motivation

it was nice to have that joke no one got in my name for so long
The reason for the two words in particular was I like the word rogue a lot and going rogue to me has a lot of positive connotations and wolves are one of my two favorite animals with penguin being the other.( which I heavily considered by the way)

anyway that was A pretty long post that used a almost unrelated topic to bounce on to it sorry Mikey for making you read this

but thanks for coming to my ted talk

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
You know one of the main reasons I call myself roguewolf is cause I’m genuinely a Native American boyo (i know crazy that someone with an animal in their name wasn’t furry motivated For once) and I find those names like sitting bull and stuff hilarious so I made my own for sites knowing no one would know the motivation

it was nice to have that joke no one got in my name for so long
The reason for the two words in particular was I like the word rogue a lot and going rogue to me has a lot of positive connotations and wolves are one of my two favorite animals with penguin being the other.( which I heavily considered by the way)

anyway that was A pretty long poss that used a almost unrelated topic to bounce on to it sorry Mikey for making you read this

but thanks for coming to my ted talk
Hope it's not too personal of a question but of what tribe do you come from? Curious since I love indigenous people culture and myths.

Also, it's really cool to have someone of Native American descent on this site. :)

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
View attachment 290645
I DID IT, I FREAKIN' DID IT, I BEATED AKRHAM ON DMD WITHOUT USING A SINGLE ITEMS.

AND THE BEST PART IS THAT I HAD ONLY A SINGLE PIXEL OF HEALTH LEFT, YET I DID IT.

MOTHER ****ING MOTIVATION, SON.

Tho I did have to watch videos on Youtube to help me find a good stragegy, but come on, it's Arkham, no one going to judge me on that one.

also, it took much less time & try than Time Horse, than should tell alot about that ******.

BUT YEAH, ONLY 1 MISSIONS LEFT, LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
Yeah Arkham ****ing sucks, I suppose Jam Session works wonders on the leeches but losing DT, my preferred way of dealing with crowd control, and Styles ****ing sucks lmao

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Yeah Arkham ****ing sucks, I suppose Jam Session works wonders on the leeches but losing DT, my preferred way of dealing with crowd control, and Styles ****ing sucks lmao
Kalina Ann is the best weapon to deal with those leeches (or "Legion", as it's apparantly named) imo. Feel like Nevan is a bit too risky to use if you aren't sure of the input, like me lol.

Yeaaaah, the second half suck, mostly because Vergil just sometime decide to go Hell New York half of the time & you're forced to call him back to help or position him better, annnnd because you can't use DT or any style like you mention. It force you to play lame & just shoot Arkham at a distance while Vergil do the dirty work. All the while jumping in the airs to avoid the deadly red tentacles, is just busy work that ain't fun. (or as I like to call it, running in circle: the boss)

Fact this didn't get change in the switch version suck even more, since you're suddenly forced to one style all the sudden.

Really, this boss is just a big wasted opportunity, I think Arkham do his job fine as a vilain who is obviously evil, but still do a great job at selling his actions, and Vergil & Dante teaming up at the end to take him down is genius on paper, but the final product is just....bad (plus come on, they teased Dante Vs Sparda, or atleast Arkham in Sparda form. They could have made the big blob phase his second phase if they liked it so much)

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Kalina Ann is the best weapon to deal with those leeches (or "Legion", as it's apparantly named) imo. Feel like Nevan is a bit too risky to use if you aren't sure of the input, like me lol.

Yeaaaah, the second half suck, mostly because Vergil just sometime decide to go Hell New York half of the time & you're forced to call him back to help or position him better, annnnd because you can't use DT or any style like you mention. Which force you to play lame & just shoot Arkham at a distance while Vergil do the dirty work. All the while jumping in the airs to avoid the deadly red tentacles, is just busy work that ain't fun. (or as I like to call it, running in circle: the boss)

Fact this didn't get change in the switch version suck even more, since you're suddenly forced to one style all the sudden.

Really, this boss is just a big wasted opportunity, I think Arkham do his job fine as a vilain who is obviously evil, but still do a great job at selling his actions, and Vergil & Dante teaming up at the end to take him down is genius on paper, but the final product is just....bad (plus come on, they teased Dante Vs Sparda, or atleast Arkham in Sparda form. They could have made the big blob phase his second phase if they liked it so much)
Tbf not having a Sparda-Arkham fight isn't too much of a letdown as we got a far better villain to fight right after that, with it being literally one of the 3 best bosses in the game, probably don't need to explain who the others are lol

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Tbf not having a Sparda-Arkham fight isn't too much of a letdown as we got a far better villain to fight right after that, with it being literally one of the 3 best bosses in the game, probably don't need to explain who the others are lol
I know, and I feel like it's kinda what they intented for due to Arkham losing control & being seen as a joke now by the Sparda Twin, but stillllllll, I want to fight Sparda one day dang it, he is so ****ing cool.

If not that, I hope they will give Dante his Sparda Costume back in DMC5: SE, 'cuz I want to see Sparda demon form in DMC5 style, but the chance of that happening are low sadly.....

Last edited:

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
Hope it's not too personal of a question but of what tribe do you come from? Curious since I love indigenous people culture and myths.

Also, it's really cool to have someone of Native American descent on this site. :)
Thanks buddy
It’s not too personal at all and kind of an interesting story cause my parents are “from” two different tribes And just happened to find each other( isn’t that just the coinquiest of dinks) my dad Was mostly a nomadic tribe up in the Canada area I believe and my moms was the chppewea if I remember the exact name correctly

sorry If some of that was vague but I’m not the best native around at being native (I’m like a city rate native y’know?)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Thanks buddy
It’s not too personal at all and kind of an interesting story cause my parents are “from” two different tribes And just happened to find each other( isn’t that just the coinquiest of dinks) my dad Was mostly a nomadic tribe up in the Canada area I believe and my moms was the chppewea if I remember the exact name correctly

sorry If some of that was vague but I’m not the best native around at being native (I’m like a city rate native y’know?)
Nothing to apologize on, so you're also of First Nations descent (Indigenous Canadians) then. Cool.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
still sleepy as hell, and the first thing I see was Arkham ****ing sucks...and was prepared for war to defend the Arkham series...then my eyes woke up fully and realized you fortunately dissed some ***** ass named Arkham

D

Deleted member

.tnemetats lufrednow siht gnidaer rof uoy knahT .em tuoba kniht srehto tahw tuoba deirrow os ma yllaretil I .gniddik tsuj ma I ,yllautca ,lleW . . .snamuh morf noitalosi emos deviecer I emit si tI .sraM ot tluda ma I nehw htraE evael ot gniog ma I taht wonk uoy tel ot tnaw I neht ,siht daer uoy fi ,syawynA .yzarc si hcihw ,yllacisyhp ti did uoy sselnU .siht daer ot etisbew emos desu ylbaborp uoy ,sdrawkcab siht daer uoy fI
but why though

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
you ok?

I’m so unsure if google translate would even help here

D

Deleted member

How is everyone today? Had a nice breakfast that I made earlier.
pain and suffering

nah, just kidding. Mostly just feeling a bit down than usual because... well... I'm bored and the fact I have an entire sheet of math to do still is not helping

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I was gonna try and read this, but I figured it wasn't worth the effort.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Hmm.

Alright.

Gave Final Vergil a couple of try and in none of them I was able to get him to 50% of his health.

Think this one is going to be more of a problem than I thought. (not that I expected much from myself, but wow, this boss is freakin' brutal compared to Vergil 1 & 2)

Beside using quicksilver while he is in DT to hit him more easily, I'm not sure yet what I could do to make the fight easier. If anyone here know any tricks beside "git gud", let me know. If you say "git gud" at least say, "pretty please" before it, thank you. :)

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Hmm.

Alright.

Gave Final Vergil a couple of try and in none of them I was able to get him to 50% of his health.

Think this one is going to be more of a problem than I thought. (not that I expected much from myself, but wow, this boss is freakin' brutal compared to Vergil 1 & 2)

Beside using quicksilver while he is in DT to hit him more easily, I'm not sure yet what I could do to make the fight easier. If anyone here know any tricks beside "git gud", let me know. If you say "git gud" at least say, "pretty please" before it, thank you. :)
I beat Vergil using the cheese strat of equipping Beowulf and spamming Killer Bee over and over again by pressing Jump and Attack almost at the same time repeatedly. I'm sure there is a more effective way and and a way to not give someone a cramp by spamming 2 buttons over and over again.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
The wind and rain is starting to pick up a little from the tropical storm that's approaching from the south. I don't think we're going to be hit too hard over here by comparison to places like Louisiana but I'm hoping that I don't lose power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom