• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Cyberpunk died for me the moment they announced a TV show based on the Game before the Game even came out while releasing merch already.

The last time I saw someone pulling that was Keiji Inafume with Mighty Nº9 and that turned horrible.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Cyberpunk died for me the moment they showed that they didn't actually understand what the cyberpunk genre actually entailed.

D

Deleted member

The only thing I ever heard fron Cyberpunk 2077 is Crunch, it went WOKE GET BROKE, it's transphobic, and it has a girl with a wee wee.

I haven't been following it, yeah...
I haven't even seen any of the trailers because It just doesn't catch my attention at all.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Cyberpunk died for me the moment they announced a TV show based on the Game before the Game even came out while releasing merch already.

The last time I saw someone pulling that was Keiji Inafume with Mighty Nº9 and that turned horrible.
Speaking of Inafune, it's definitely been a long ass time since we've last heard from him after MN9's release (understandably so, but still).

I would've liked to see how much of a dumpster fire his "Red Ash" project ended up being.

D

Deleted member

The only thing I ever heard fron Cyberpunk 2077 is Crunch, it went WOKE GET BROKE, it's transphobic, and it has a girl with a wee wee.

I haven't been following it, yeah...
The only reason I even know what Cyberpunk is was because I used to watch this one youtuber like crazy and he talked about it alot tbh.

I don't even know what the premise is, I just know it's hyper-hyperrealistic(which I'm personally not a fan off)

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Hey guys, do legendary Pokémon in the Dynamax Adventure thing reappear if you defeat them and don’t catch them? I’m asking because I’m thinking of shiny hunting.

edit: nvm found it on Serebii and I guess you can. Would’ve checked there first, but I felt like I was in a hurry since Suicune showed up and idk (though apparently there’s no timer when you’re just with NPCs so I guess I was fine :I ). It also says you can’t see if shiny until you leave the mode- oh but you can decline to take the legendary then encounter it again later, okay cool.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Alright! The next update for PMEX Remix (v0.8.5b) just came out! They added a lot of characters in this one:

Reworked
:ultdarksamus:
:ultryu:

Added
:ultken:
:ult_terry:

Metal Mario
Sword Ganondorf
Fierce Deity Link
Navarre (Fire Emblem)
Elizabeth (Fate series)
Blaziken
Bomberman

And here's the full roster right now

Pretty crazy I must say.

D

Deleted member

I'm certainly willing to bet that some people will be spamming this quote in response to the Cyperpunk delay even though it isn't never always accurate.
I already saw someone doing It on Twitter, lmao.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

I'm certainly willing to bet that some people will be spamming this quote in response to the Cyperpunk delay even though it isn't never always accurate.
Feel like the key word is "eventually".

Like a delayed game that is meh can eventually become a good game, but it doesn't mean it will happen for sure.

A bad game that is rush tho will always be bad, no matter what.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Alright! The next update for PMEX Remix (v0.8.5b) just came out! They added a lot of characters in this one:

Reworked

Added

Metal Mario
Sword Ganondorf
Fierce Deity Link
Navarre (Fire Emblem)
Elizabeth (Fate series)
Blaziken
Bomberman

Pretty crazy I must say.
Elizabeth over any of the Sabers is kinda weird

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870

Reworked

Added

Metal Mario
Sword Ganondorf
Fierce Deity Link
Navarre (Fire Emblem)
Elizabeth (Fate series)
Blaziken
Bomberman

Pretty crazy I must say.
Is Tails viable? Please tell me that he's viable lol

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

Reworked

Added

Metal Mario
Sword Ganondorf
Fierce Deity Link
Navarre (Fire Emblem)
Elizabeth (Fate series)
Blaziken
Bomberman

Pretty crazy I must say.
I saw that. It's pretty crazy.

if only i could figure out how to mod on Dolphin.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So I didn't expect this
Steven Universe comes back with an Anti-Racism PSA.

D

Deleted member

My chromebook keeps on pressing random stuff whenever I'm trying to do anything remotely important and I want to ****ing THROW THIS GODDAMN PIECE OF **** OUT THE WINDOW AHHHHHH

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
I mean it's better to have a million delays than to have a No Man's Sky. :4pacman: seriously goddamn how much crunch do they need
Apparently they cut a truckload of features (including such substantial ones like third person gameplay and cutscenes; you will never see your custom character outside of reflections from mirrors and such). So I guess the original scope of the game was way larger than they could actually manage, they had to cut a bunch of work, and then make up for lost time with the delays and crunch.

I have a feeling that the game will be decent, but won't manage to live up to the hype.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime

My first lesson in how delays don't always mean the game turns out fine was Mass Effect 3. It was originally supposed to come out Holiday 2011 (less than two years after Mass Effect 2, no reason why it was so rushed). At the time, I thought that it meant they knew exactly what their plan was and were doing an amazing job of getting it out quickly. Then it got delayed to March 2012, allegedly so that they could make sure the game was polished, and I thought that it was amazing how they were taking extra time to make sure the game was as perfect as it could be.

Uh, yeah. I was pretty naive.

Similarly, Mass Effect: Andromeda and Anthem were also delayed, and those turned out very poorly. Plenty of other games throughout the generations have been delayed and still turned out like crap, because extra time doesn't magically mean that all the game's problems will be fixed for release.

Hence why I'm very skeptical of Halo: Infinite, which I'm not expecting to release for another whole year at least. There's a huge controversy going on right now because it's been revealed through marketing promos that couldn't be delayed that you can't choose the colors of your Spartan anymore, and you instead have to unlock new "coatings" that will be in some ways better, but not customizable. A basic purple and gold coating was just revealed today to cost $5.

For some reason, they are unable or unwilling to show us any of how this stuff is supposed to look or work in game, and the only reason we know anything is because of these marketing deals that could not be rescheduled. The game was originally slated to release in just two weeks, before it was delayed, and they cannot or will not show us something as basic as an in-game menu about a game that should have gone gold by now.

A delayed game can eventually be good, but only if the development team are talented and know what they're doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom