• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
We keep saying that, but to anyone who doesn't give a damn about politics, or isn't American, that doesn't really mean anything tbf lol.
It’s almost as if they only choose the game because it’s trending and they want to send a message, not to actually play it and enjoy it.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
all of this got me like
Wait hold up, her streams pulling dummy numbers right now.

Over half a million, the Among Us devs are probably throwing a party.

Also, Fall Guys really fumbled a 3-1 lead.
Is Among Us the next Fortnite?

I mean, its popularity right now is huge. So large, that even AOC and Ilhan Omar, two very popular politicians, were playing it.
Well MatPat's already making videos on it, so by my calculation...

Shiny, I said ALL politicians.

Even the ones you like. :191:
celebrities and politicians playing certain games isn't really a groundbreaking thing
823CD22D-B1B7-47DD-AD88-8A538A892D97.jpeg

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Pikachu's considered by many to be one of the best characters in the game easily, to the point that some consider him broken. The fact that he didn't get any nerfs last time, and in fact got stronger thanks to his hit connection becoming easier is a touch absurd.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Pikachu actually got a stealth nerf in the projectile parry bug fix. Pikachu's main strategy is to use a Thunderjolt to cover his approach, but now parrying that on reaction is a viable option against him.

There's also the fact that Pikachu's not nearly as broken as people make him out to be. He's not dominating the competitive scene in the way characters like Joker are and his strengths and weaknesses tend to get overstated and understated respectively (heck the way people talk about Pika makes it sound like he doesn't have weaknesses, which is flat out untrue).

I think a lot of people just find the character annoying to fight because of his pancaking and combos, so they get frustrated and overstate how good he really is. There's also ESAM, but he's been saying Pikachu's OP since Brawl and I don't know why people have suddenly decided to start listening to him now.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I think a lot of people just find the character annoying to fight because of his pancaking and combos, so they get frustrated and overstate how good he really is.
You can say the same for Ness and Sonic, too, tbh.

Yeah, they can get on my nerves but you'd think they are the second coming of Smash 4 Cloud from how people reacted to their buffs.

D

Deleted member

Pikachu actually got a stealth nerf in the projectile parry bug fix. Pikachu's main strategy is to use a Thunderjolt to cover his approach, but now parrying that on reaction is a viable option against him.

There's also the fact that Pikachu's not nearly as broken as people make him out to be. He's not dominating the competitive scene in the way characters like Joker are and his strengths and weaknesses tend to get overstated and understated respectively (heck the way people talk about Pika makes it sound like he doesn't have weaknesses, which is flat out untrue).

I think a lot of people just find the character annoying to fight because of his pancaking and combos, so they get frustrated and overstate how good he really is. There's also ESAM, but he's been saying Pikachu's OP since Brawl and I don't know why people have suddenly decided to start listening to him now.
Is Joker better than Pikachu though?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Pikachu's considered by many to be one of the best characters in the game easily, to the point that some consider him broken. The fact that he didn't get any nerfs last time, and in fact got stronger thanks to his hit connection becoming easier is a touch absurd.
Yeah, well since they just buffed them, i doubt they'll nerf now :p
But probably people would be happy if any of the top tiers got a little nerfed.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Basically this.

Like how many pro Ultimate Pikachu main do we hear outside of ESAM? If someone know some, how many of them win tournaments?

Pikachu isn't bad, far from it, but he is stuck in that weird area where he is too hard to use for casual to use, but not good enough to get easy win at pro level.

Anyone who goes ballistic over the 1 buff he got are really wasting their energy and time imo. Especially when Sonic got alot of good buff in the same patch that could really benefit him in the long run.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Well day one of my ten day vacation from work was worth wild. Am doing a second run of Black 2 since I last played it on launch day 8 years ago and caught a shiny Magnemite.

:081:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Think I might go back to playing Vergil on Hard Mode, if only to unlock Nelo Angelo as his DT.

Wish me luck for Arkham.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Yo wtf, why's everyone trying to cancel Chris Pratt?
I don't think they're cancelling Chris Pratt, it was a contest to see which actor named Chris would they leave behind no hesitation and apparently the majority of Twitter said Chris Pratt is the one they would immediately get rid of.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
You know one of the worst feelings when you make an OC?

Forgetting what they look like, and subsequently, how to draw them. I mean, I've made a little over 200 in the past 5-6 years, so I suppose I only have myself to blame.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I don't think they're cancelling Chris Pratt, it was a contest to see which actor named Chris would they leave behind no hesitation and apparently the majority of Twitter said Chris Pratt is the one they would immediately get rid of.
Oh.

What kind of ****ing contest is that lmao

D

Deleted member

damn I missed alot

what's all this about politicians playing among us? lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Japanese magazine has some fancy character art for some of the yet to be confirmed to be playable characters in Age of Calamity.
Purah, Robbie, King Rhoam, Kohga and Hestu have their own character art being shown off. Interestingly enough Rhoam is holding a Royal Claymore, which could tease at him being playable. However none of these characters are confirmed yet and are simply listed as "other characters." I want to think they are playable simply because the roster could use a few more fighters.

We still haven't seen any significant gameplay of Revali and Mipha yet, but they have some new screenshots at least giving more of an idea of how they play.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Thought today was the 22nd.

I was hyping myself up for Crown Tundra today.

God damn it. I need a calander.

And maybe another brain cell.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
10 days until Halloween!

If I can find it at the mall I'll be watching Sleepy Hollow (1999) on that day.

That or Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So that one Pokémon Datsminer Eclipse is hinting that they know something big. How I don’t know but I’ll spoil it in case it’s real. It doesn’t relate to crowned tundra b
They are hinting that the next mainline game is coming next year and seemingly set in China. Which the later would make a lot of sense as Unite is a clear attempt to increase their money from the Chinese market. I really hope if it is put next year that it wasn’t rushed as ****. But it probably will be because the Pokémon Company doesn’t care.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So that one Pokémon Datsminer Eclipse is hinting that they know something big. How I don’t know but I’ll spoil it in case it’s real. It doesn’t relate to crowned tundra b
They are hinting that the next mainline game is coming next year and seemingly set in China. Which the later would make a lot of sense as Unite is a clear attempt to increase their money from the Chinese market. I really hope if it is put next year that it wasn’t rushed as ****. But it probably will be because the Pokémon Company doesn’t care.
A china region would be lit. They got a lot to play with given the chinese mythology and geography.

Though I wonder when we're getting an African, South American, or Austrailian region.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The games have to be out in time to tie in with the latest anime and other products. It's a matter of not having enough people to handle each area, not a lack of caring in itself. If there's no other product to consider, then they can take more time. Let's hope that's the case. But do note there's still a lack of employees either way, which is going to be an issue even with more time given.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
A china region would be lit. They got a lot to play with given the chinese mythology and geography.

Though I wonder when we're getting an African, South American, or Austrailian region.
That’s why I really want it to not be rushed. There’s a lot of potential for it. The regional forms could be really hype too based on what they take inspiration from.
The games have to be out in time to tie in with the latest anime and other products. It's a matter of not having enough people to handle each area, not a lack of caring in itself. If there's no other product to consider, then they can take more time. Let's hope that's the case. But do note there's still a lack of employees either way, which is going to be an issue even with more time given.
except that’s not a problem anymore. The anime does whatever it wants now and covers every region. And has been more popular then ever for it. It’s specifically designed so they don’t have to crunch.

Hell we are episodes in and Ash and Go are fighting Eternus.

No employees isn’t a good excuse either. They are worth billions they could afford more hires. Still they did just move into Nintendo’s office last year. So hopefully Nintendo has been aiding them a lot.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
With that said, with no new game this year, and SwSh's assets being able to be reused and repurposed, we might be seeing a SuMo to SwSh's X&Y.

Hopefully

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Is Joker better than Pikachu though?
In theory, no. This is because Pikachu's slightly faster, has the pancaking mechanic, and certain combos that make him more threatening than Joker concerning both damage and getting KOs.

In bracket, yes. This is because Joker's Arsene can clutch out games while Pikachu doesn't have that mechanic to help him (yes, you can still obviously clutch out games with Pikachu, but Arsene is one of those special clutch factor mechanics, similar to KO punch concerning closing out stocks and games). Along with looking at closing out bracket matches in themselves, Joker is also a more popular character at top level. Looking at the top 200 players in the States, here's how each character stacks up concerning mains:

Pikachu: ESAM, Captain L, and DM.
Joker: MKLeo, Lemmon, Wonf, Phantom, Secret, and Cloudy.
Source: https://twitter.com/FreezieSmash/status/1306620441704968197/photo/1

In the States, Joker's twice as popular at the top level. Does that mean it'll always be that way? Probably not, because Joker's pretty easy to master while Pikachu is harder to master in comparison. It wouldn't surprise me if Pika's popularity went up after the meta develops while Joker's develops yet at a slower rate, balance patches aside.

In my mind, I think they're about even. If you were to say "Joker's the best character", I'd agree with you. If you were to say "Pikachu's the best character", I'd agree with you as well. You could make arguments for either at this point in time, but I think a lot of my own peers say that Pikachu's better than Joker because 1.) of his theory, and 2.) he's annoying as heck to fight. Joker may be a top tier, but he doesn't feel as aggravating in comparison because a couple weird mechanics such as pancaking make Pikachu better as a character on the whole. Joker, on the other hand, may have Arsene but it feels far better balanced as a mechanic instead of broken, considering how it's been balanced out in more recent patches.

In my opinion? I'm not sure where I lean. One day I think Joker's better. The next, Pikachu's better. One thing is for sure though: those two HAVE to be the best 2 characters in Ultimate. If they're not the top 2, then the tier list doesn't reflect the meta properly.

S+: :ultjoker::ultpikachu:
S: :ultzss::ultpalutena::ultpeach::ultshulk:
Not in order

Top 6 would probably look something like this at this time. We'll see how patch 9.01 shakes up, and we'll see how the meta stands once in-person tournaments come back.

Edit: Justy is another Joker main. So, that makes 7 for Joker, not 6.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Dang, is Shulk actually top tier now?

I have seen Shulk in top tier for a while, but I thought it was a crazy prediction.

Have I been living under a rock?

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
A China region would be cool, but I really hope it's not next year. I liked SWSH, but it was obviously rushed and needed more time. Going directly into the next gen two years later (a smaller gap then it has ever been before) would make it worse.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Dang, is Shulk actually top tier now?

I have seen Shulk in top tier for a while, but I thought it was a crazy prediction.

Have I been living under a rock?
His moveset allows him to be very varied in options, and when you have more options, you're going to be better. He has arguably the most varied options on the roster.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I'm all for a chinese inspired region with references to the chinese mythology...but with the way the Pokemon games have been going lately I'm not as excited about the prospect of a new game coming this soon. Considering the Pokemon brand sells millions on its own there's no incentive for TPC and GF to take some of the major criticisms of SwSh seriously and getting a new Gen just two years after the last feels way too rushed.

They would really have to surprise me in order to get me excited for a new game at this point.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Keep in mind that,if this rumor is true, this is what Gamefreak has done in the gap between BoTW1 and 2.

• USUM
  • LGPE
  • Little Town Hero
  • SWSH
  • SWSH DLC
  • Gen 9
6 major pieces of content... and maybe more, we don't know when BoTW2 comes out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom