• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Why are Pokemon fans mad that the Crown Tundra won't let you farm legendaries?

Like, why is that now an issue when it hasn't been since 1996.
Because it costs extra to be able to catch these legendaries now.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
****'em. These legendaries have a 100% catch rate. That's a good damn win in my book.
First, they complain about Legendaries being there. Then they complain about 100% catch rate as if Legendary raids aren't the boss battle of what seems to be already lenghty trials. Now they complain that they can't farm them.

Why do Pokemon fans

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
That Samus Pokémon animation is a fan edit, not a mod. The following tweet provided the source (I can't link it myself due to language).

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Because it costs extra to be able to catch these legendaries now.
Firstly, that's not correct since you can transfer them for free without the DLC.
Secondly, that's not even related the question I asked. I said farming, as in collecting the exact same legendary over and over, which was never possible at all, regardless of the game or enchanced version. Just because you have to pay for DLC doesn't mean that they'll suddenly erase a very important design philosophy in the core mechanics of the game.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Congrats. What's the job?
I work as a tutor/teachers aid of sorts for boy who Needs help with online learning.
I remember reading a rumor that said Fairy types, Team Flare, Mega Evolution, and AZ were all supposed to be aliens. Was that actually true?
Come to think of it, I remember something about a rumor of team flare being aliens but I don’t know if the rest. I doubt anyone has saved it.

However that would make a lot of sense. Team Flare’s admins look identical to the Ultra Recon Squad outside of Malva . They all were pale with White color schemes.

Also I remember during Sun and Moon a “leak” of a Ultra Beast that looked like Lysandre. I wonder if that was actual cut content.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
You think Pokemon Z was cancelled because of X&Y's middling reception?
I think it was half "we need a new game to celebrate our 20th anniversary and a deluxe version of a game already out won't cut it" and half "oh god we're losing against Yokai watch we gotta do something big".

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
"oh god we're losing against Yokai watch we gotta do something big".
Nah, Yokai wouldn't put a dent into the Yellow Rat company. Sadly, it was death of the author with the media labeling it as the Pokemon Killer. Shame too, it deserved more than just being known as a Pokemon Clone
Nah I think Pokemon Company said **** that game go make something new for our anniversary instead
Thanks for reminding me how bad the Kanto pandering in that game got lol.

Reactions: Z25

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Since I'm here I'm gonna share one of my favorite movie scenes. Mostly because it has always made me chuckle.

From "The Great Race". A madcap comedy with humor, drama, romance, and mystery!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I can’t find that Lysande Ultra Beast rumor anywhere damn. It was a pretty sweet design too

D

Deleted member

****'em. These legendaries have a 100% catch rate. That's a good damn win in my book.
I agree!
First, they complain about Legendaries being there. Then they complain about 100% catch rate as if Legendary raids aren't the boss battle of what seems to be already lenghty trials. Now they complain that they can't farm them.

Why do Pokemon fans
The Pokémon fandom has just been rough. I do not think the toxic side has faded away enough for me to not be annoyed by it.
I understand the National Dex removal was probably irritating for some, but people literally sent death threats over this small removal, which is just painful. It is just a game for children, come on.

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
God, new JoJo has me so goddamn salty right now. If they really did my mans like that, I gotta throw hands.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Gonna work on more new artwork at the start of the week. But I gotta think of what I want to do exactly. I do have a few drawings in the back burner, but those are saved for closer to Halloween.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
until Miles Morales brings out his video game next month, the Phantom Theives still own the GOTY spot imo

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

They added Third Armor X/Max Armor X into Mega Man X Dive. They gave him the Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku in one of his animations. Would be cool if input attacks were added, but I don't know if they'll do that.

So my drawing teacher has taught our class about more dynamic posing and lines of action and stuff.

I think imma apply that so some of my drawings. Might as well.

I just hate that I get so self conscious all the time.
Yeah, I've been trying more dynamic poses myself. It's really fun, but it can be challenging too. When it works, it's really satsifying.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
GotY wins this year is going to be fluffed by The Last of Us Part II as much as I feel it doesn’t deserve it. That’s a shame too, because I feel like there were far better and more risky games that came out but just weren’t as much of a critical darling for some reason.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
GotY wins this year is going to be fluffed by The Last of Us Part II as much as I feel it doesn’t deserve it. That’s a shame too, because I feel like there were far better and more risky games that came out but just weren’t as much of a critical darling for some reason.
People said that about Death Stranding last year, and then before you knew it ****ing Sekiro stole the win and everyone was okay with it.

Same thing could happen with Ghosts of Tsushima.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Oh man, art time. This is a character for a project I hope on making for my channel later down the line. The lad is a young engineer named Moku. Went for a bit of a sketchy style since I think it suits the sort of vibe I want from this. Also yeah I know the background is crap, I'm too tired to fix it right now.
View attachment 289540
@Wademan94 @JDCabrera Metal Shop X Metal Shop X @AndreaAC
'Don't know why, but seeing this image make me think of this song.

Otherwise, good work!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
As far as stuff that gets dapped up, Ghosts of Tsushima and FF7R are probably contenders. Nioh 2 also came out this year I think , but I don't think it or RE-RE3 would get it.

Doubt it'll be a Nintendo title, since the only ones that get that sort of attention are mainline Mario and Zelda games in most situations.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My grandfather is currently at my house.

Things seem to be calm today so far, even with my father being to his usual business of denigrating me.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Really wish I could feel better. Its been almost two weeks now since I've been having this weird illness going on.

Doctors really don't know what is going on with my body and why it has been changing symptoms all the time.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Welp... it's church time. And we're going to my nana's right after so I likly won't be home until like... 1 or 2. sigh...

also my n key is occasioally not respodig. of course that's happeig :241:

D

Deleted member

John Rambo
John Arbuckle
John Williams
John Smith
John Wick
John Lennon

So many Johns in fictional and IRL media.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
John Rambo
John Arbuckle
John Williams
John Smith
John Wick
John Lennon

So many Johns in fictional and IRL media.
John's a pretty common name - a few more to add to your list are Big Boss (whose real name is apparently John Doe) from Metal Gear and John McClane from Die Hard. (Yippee-ki-yay, Mister Falcon!) Apparently, it comes from a Hebrew term meaning "God is gracious", so the Biblical ties might explain why it's so common among English-speaking cultures.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom