• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I hate it when the thoughts in my head get out of hand...
Recognizing when these thoughts occur may help. Its usually a result of your subconcious mind taking over from your concious mind. When you recognize the occurance of such thoughts as part of your subconcious you are able to turn them into concious thoughts, which you are more capable of controlling.

Practicing meditation can make this a lot easier.

D

Deleted member

Recognizing when these thoughts occur may help. Its usually a result of your subconcious mind taking over from your concious mind. When you recognize the occurance of such thoughts as part of your subconcious you are able to turn them into concious thoughts, which you are more capable of controlling.

Practicing meditation can make this a lot easier.
Thanks for the feedback!

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Hate that Camp Coral exists though Rugrats being revived I’m curious to see what that will be like. Shame we no longer have Stu and Grandpa Lou’s voice actors, hope they at least bring back the other VAs

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Been stuck in the DMC3 void and I just finished Hard Mode.

Now I wonder if I should try out Very Hard and/or Dante Must Die or start playing more Vesperia.

D

Deleted member

Would be cool if they made a new Danny Phantom or Jimmy Neutron season.

D

Deleted member

I remember watching Rugrats at some point as a kid but beyond that can't remember any moment from the show at all.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I can't tell if playing wired is just creating this placebo effect on me, but I just played four rounds of Splatoon to test my new wired internet connection and it was extremely smooth. Like, good even.

cb8ca783348e1e29f29cc7c2d0df99b9a8690f27v2_00.jpg

Real test will be whenever I pick Smash online back up, but so far, yeah, it's doing pretty alright with Splatoon.

D

Deleted member

Mario Kart: Home Circuit is really ****ing neat. Too bad my house is too small so even if I wanted to I wouldn't be able to use it.

D

Deleted member

Mario Kart: Home Circuit is really ****ing neat. Too bad my house is too small so even if I wanted to I wouldn't be able to use it.
I really want to try out Mario Kart Home Circuit at the house of one of my cousins at the south of the island.

They have one of those houses near the coast which look like something taken from an Iron Man movie or something starring a rich man, and they have a really big living room and garden where It could be really fun to play around with the circuits.

D

Deleted member

So this is big:
There was a problem fetching the tweet

My bet is Emma’s suit was gonna be used to stop UBS.
Honestly that makes alot of sense: random aliens from another dimension appearing in what is essentially the Pokemon version of Hawaii never really made much sense to me.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Honestly that makes alot of sense: random aliens from another dimension appearing in what is essentially the Pokemon version of Hawaii never really made much sense to me.
Why France though lol. I don’t know but I could have seen it tie into Lysander. Maybe it took place after he was best and he finds out about other worlds and brings aliens back since he could achieve his goals previously.

D

Deleted member

Why France though lol. I don’t know but I could have seen it tie into Lysander. Maybe it took place after he was best and he finds out about other worlds and brings aliens back since he could achieve his goals previously.
I mean it still doesn't make much sense lol
just in general.. the idea of "alien invasions" tends to feel weird to me, mostly because the "invasion" is usually portrayed as like... a few strong aliens coming in and nothing else. Only a few pieces of media have really not felt that way to me (cough Link Joker hen and Neon Messiah cough)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Z25

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
localizing the game will be great...but I want it in English. I wanna hear Xander Morbus do his Ren life and hear Ryuji spam yeets as much as possible...not a PQ2 to be pulled and they all speak Japanese
Q2 didn't get an English dub for a number of reasons.

Came out at the end of the consoles life, some of the voice actors were in a feud over false accusations at the time and the game generally being a low budget production.

I don't think Scramble has anything to worry about.

Its a Lilo and Stitch homage and you can't convince me otherwise.

D

Deleted member

I'm afraid of no combo video, but that...thing.
...It scares me.
Imagine being Marth from Fire Emblem, a strong prince with a powerful sword, and you get bodied by a ****ing Minecraft zombie.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Yakuza and Ace Attorney fans are the kind of people who make me not want to play the games they like at all.

Maybe It is just because of the amount of bad luck I have around Discord and Twitter, but all I have seen them do is boost up their endless ego by claiming their series are the best ones of a specific Camp (Yakuza fans constantly claiming that the series is the only good thing SEGA does nowadays and Ace Attorney fans claiming that their series is the only good visual novel) while harassing other people who have the slight disagreement with them (Yakuza fans having harassed me on Discord servers over saying SEGA has done good stuff these past years besides that and Ace Attorney fans harassing Danganronpa fans around Twitter and Discord).

So yeah, hopefully It is just a case of the kind of people I've been surrounded with and not a general thing... But most of the Yakuza and Ace Attorney fans I've met have truly made me want to stay away from those series with the way they treat people like me and other internet friends.

D

Deleted member

So... Anyone's gonna talk with me what I just brought up?

I think talking It out with people who I trust could help me get over it in one way or another.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I mean it still doesn't make much sense lol
just in general.. the idea of "alien invasions" tends to feel weird to me, mostly because the "invasion" is usually portrayed as like... a few strong aliens coming in and nothing else. Only a few pieces of media have really not felt that way to me (cough Link Joker hen and Neon Messiah cough)
With Alola you can at least argue they're meant to be stand-in for invasive species, which is a notable problem in the world and Hawaii is no exception. Kalos doesn't really have anything like that and even in terms of alternate realities that's something that isn't touched on within XY, so it would've been a bit out of place there.

That said, ORAS did touch on the subject of alternate realities with a couple hints like Zinnia's comment and Looker, so it's possible that originally they were meant to serve as a set-up for that idea in the sequels and they just moved it to the next generation.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Yakuza and Ace Attorney fans are the kind of people who make me not want to play the games they like at all.

Maybe It is just because of the amount of bad luck I have around Discord and Twitter, but all I have seen them do is boost up their endless ego by claiming their series are the best ones of a specific Camp (Yakuza fans constantly claiming that the series is the only good thing SEGA does nowadays and Ace Attorney fans claiming that their series is the only good visual novel) while harassing other people who have the slight disagreement with them (Yakuza fans having harassed me on Discord servers over saying SEGA has done good stuff these past years besides that and Ace Attorney fans harassing Danganronpa fans around Twitter and Discord).

So yeah, hopefully It is just a case of the kind of people I've been surrounded with and not a general thing... But most of the Yakuza and Ace Attorney fans I've met have truly made me want to stay away from those series with the way they treat people like me and other internet friends.
1) Every time you mention that website, I'm always wondering what kind of discord you go to find such ehhhh users.

2) You shouldn't take most peoples opinion on Twitter seriously, since this place is filled with smug peoples who got nothing better than do but act like their opinions are the best & others are bad for not following them or somethin'. (in fact, you should avoid that website as most you can & maybe quit those discord server if they're really horrible. Or at the very least block the worst of the bunch)

3) Don't judge a book by it's fanbase, on this cases, a game series on it. Those two franchise are great, but those fans aren't doing any favors by acting like you dsscribe, you shouldn't let them cloud your judgement tho, 'cuz maybe, just maybe, you might pass a franchise or two you might really like one day.

D

Deleted member

1) Every time you mention that website, I'm always wondering what kind of discord you go to find such ehhhh users.

2) You shouldn't take most peoples opinion on Twitter seriously, since this place is filled with smug peoples who got nothing better than do but act like their opinions are the best & others are bad for not following them or somethin'. (in fact, you should avoid that website as most you can & maybe quit those discord server if they're really horrible. Or at the very least block the worst of the bunch)

3) Don't judge a book by it's fanbase, on this cases, a game series on it. Those two franchise are great, but those fans aren't doing any favors by acting like you dsscribe, you shouldn't let them cloud your judgement tho, 'cuz maybe, just maybe, you might pass a franchise or two you might really like one day.
That's honestly very strong and good points, probably should really apply them way more than I normally do.

And don't worry about those Discord servers, I have left them since a good amount of weeks, and I've joined other servers which so far have been way more calm and with better people.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

A lot of fanbases are going to have their toxic elements. I haven't played much of either series, and while they have their flaws (Phoenix Wright seems to follow old-school adventure game logic at times, where you're penalized for doing something that makes sense, but at the wrong time - haven't played enough of Yakuza 0 yet to know what kinds of flaws it has), they're still worth trying, or at least looking into. Watch the first episode of a Let's Play or something, rather than going off of the word of the sort of fans that think that liking a series makes them better than everyone else.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So... Anyone's gonna talk with me what I just brought up?

I think talking It out with people who I trust could help me get over it in one way or another.
Honestly no because I completely disagree.

As a big AA fan I never think like that. Would I say it shaped visual novels? Absolutely but that doesNt mean it’s the only good one.

As for Yakuza I’ve never played it but I have never seen anyone from either fanbase act like that and I truly question the places you hang out on in the internet

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
The first Dragon quest is not a game I wish to revisit anytime soon

You can just feeeeel how ancient the game is.
It's definitely dated but I still mostly enjoyed my time with it. Also helped that it wasn't a terribly long game (I think my playthrough took about six or seven hours).

You just gotta take it for what it was and how revolutionary it was back then.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
This makes perfect sense actually:
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
General confession.

As I've grown older, I've become more empathic towards dogs than I do with people, plus more of a dog person than a people person being the animal lover I am. Probably has to do as I got older, the less I trust people.

Why I also have very few friends in-person as all the friends I had in my school years have moved on or left the city.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Next film I watched for the horror movie marathon was Child's Play.

Apparently, it's a cult classic.

As for me, I dislike this movie. Straight up. I rolled my eyes through most of it due to the jarring shifts in tone between comedy and horror constantly throughout the film, and it gets too campy for my liking.

While the plot pacing was pretty good and the premise had promise, I seriously dislike this film. Not a fan at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom