• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

There are creatures that science refuses to recognize.

But if our eyes see it...

If our cameras capture it...

Does it exist?

LOST TAPES

Do you believe?

ROPEN

Episode Title: "Ropen"
Subject Matter: Ropen
Summary: An expedition in Papua New Guinea in search of an unknown and mysterious tribe turns into horror for a group of explorers when they encounter a flying prehistoric terror.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Thinking of the fact that Seth Gordon, a director, wanted to make a Super Paper Mario movie, but he never got to contact Nintendo.

It was probably for the best, because he wanted to make the movie because of the Flip mechanic, not the story, and he directed 2017 Baywatch, and was an executive producer Pixels.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Auburn Tigers. Most of my family went to that college.
Oh! That's a good pick. I always root for them in the battle of the Iron Bowl because I hate the Crimson Tide lol

My fav college team is the Florida Gators... mostly because of the history, recognizability, and epic logo :p

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Just finished a unique character for 5E DnD. A human becoming a construct, and later on becoming a Hallowed One. So basically a robot zombie.

Goal is liberate constructs and undead from being controlled. Despite dealing in death magic, he's anything but evil. It took a while to find legitimate ways to do it, and some homebrew rules was required. Finding a construct subrace was needed. I also took special removals of skills to make it work. Since I'm half-human, I still have to eat/sleep/drink, and lose the immunity to disease(I will get that later as undead). It was the only way to make it ultimately work as a character with the concept. If I had known about the undead being controlled by the villain from the start, I would've tried someone entirely different. Like my Succubus Paladin(Heiress Corz), a chaste woman who was blessed by an archangel, and thus, no longer became evil. Her carnal desires were also removed due to this, and for the most part, all she kept was language ability and shapeshifting(Succubus and human form). She doesn't even register as Detect Evil because she's literally Lawful Good. Of course, stuff like detect demons etc. would be different. Likewise, anti-magic would reveal her natural form. She also can lightly fly in Succubus form. Though the version I had was for 3.5, and thus, no extra arms.

Curse of Shtrad is the perfect campaign for those who related to undead. My only other fun option was Grim "Anubis" Reaper. Instead, I'm using Gayla Glamourshin. Ironically the first deity I chose did fit his canon character... in Power Rangers. Which would be betrayal, lying, disloyalty, etc. Thankfully I found a nature deity. I also went with Nature as a domain since it fits "freedom to choose" best.

He's about the only heroic necromancer I ever really ran. And he doesn't create undead despite this, at least, not yet. That's a long-time goal for the end, to create a peaceful city full of undead. He also uses Rebuke Undead to make sure they won't be hurt. Turn goes against his beliefs and all.

Admittedly I strive too much to make "unique" characters. So far, the current team otherwise is two catfolk. One is an Echo Knight. The other might be an Artificer? Won't know till the user makes the character. Best part is my character has animal-related abilities, which jokingly work well with the team. Whether or not he feels the need to rub some cat ears is another story. XD

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
That’s a pretty bold claim.

Especially when the Galaxy games and M&L Series exist.
They had pretty damn good soundtracks too, but what gives Origami King the edge Imo is that it has a variety of music styles over sticking to one defining style.

Kinda the same reason why I think Adventure 1's soundtrack is the best in the Sonic series

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I don't really know where to drop this question in which thread, but once the Steve update drops, what characters do you guys wanna see buffed or nerfed?
Ridley buffs would be appreciated. I still use him when I pick up the game, but I'd like to see more people be encouraged to use him in general. Little Mac too, since I think they need to reduce his negative aspects a bit more so he can keep up. I wouldn't mind Mega Man being buffed too, but he's already pretty good. Just not top 10 I don't think. It's not like I play competitively anyways.

I know it's never going to happen but if Capcom ever decides to come back to the Battle network series something I've always wanted them to do was like "Mega Man Battle Network:next generations" or something, continuing on from where the epilogue of the 6 left off with Lans kid as the protagonist.

Would be cool to see what the second Megaman.exe looks like
If they do another MMBN game, I feel like they'd probably just stick to the OG cast. That said, they were playing around with the idea that Lan's family would show up again in Mega Man Starforce. I'd like to see that idea get-revisited. Granted, that's mostly because I like Geo a lot as a protag.

Your first save in an area is free; the saves after that cost banana coins, but those are easy to get. As for Funky, after you pay two coins in an area, he's free to use in that area going forward. (So you should just have to pay once per area)
Wouldn't the save thing more or less be alleviated if your playing the Switch version? You could just save in-game once, and have a save-state backup at the same spot if need be.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Well, I've completed every quest, forged a lot of the best weapons/armor, filled out the mini medal album, and defeated the bonus boss in Tickington for DQXI S with a little over 100 hours clocked in. It took me a long time to get around to resuming this game (I've had it since last year and put it down for awhile after I hit Act 2) but I felt like the whole experience really came together in the end and I quite thoroughly enjoyed it. Such a wonderful game.

I think that I might be a Dragon Quest fan now.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
If they do another MMBN game, I feel like they'd probably just stick to the OG cast. That said, they were playing around with the idea that Lan's family would show up again in Mega Man Starforce. I'd like to see that idea get-revisited. Granted, that's mostly because I like Geo a lot as a protag.
The idea for Star force 4 just makes me sad that it never came to be. I don't think Mega Man has done such blatant connections to the previous era like that to it's a shame they didn't get to do it.

I kinda just want to see a game that takes place in that era of the RPG timeline in between Battle Network and Star force, what little lore we do now of that era is that there was a clone of Mega Man.Exe running around who was made to be a navi made for Lans kid. I think there would he decent story potential in that idea, maybe some villain comes around and takes part of that copied data to make Battle network universe versions of Mega Man Zero's guardians, who in the main timeline are Mega Man X clones themselves.

I don't know, I just think it would be cool to see my boy Harpuya be reimagined as a netnavi.

D

Deleted member

I'm not going to church tomorrow which is good. I still have like one assignment I still need to do before Fall Break is over or I'm screwed, and I'm literally like one step away. Just haven't gotten a good chance yet :snakefire:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The idea for Star force 4 just makes me sad that it never came to be. I don't think Mega Man has done such blatant connections to the previous era like that to it's a shame they didn't get to do it.

I kinda just want to see a game that takes place in that era of the RPG timeline in between Battle Network and Star force, what little lore we do now of that era is that there was a clone of Mega Man.Exe running around who was made to be a navi made for Lans kid. I think there would he decent story potential in that idea, maybe some villain comes around and takes part of that copied data to make Battle network universe versions of Mega Man Zero's guardians, who in the main timeline are Mega Man X clones themselves.

I don't know, I just think it would be cool to see my boy Harpuya be reimagined as a netnavi.
I'd look forward to Vile getting a counterpart at some point. He's a pretty important character who could have more done with him. I like how Starforce had mostly animal themed bosses, which was a subtle connection to MMX, having similar boss theming, without being super blatant.

Tho I agree a game that takes place in the interim between MMBN and MMSF could be really interesting.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I'd look forward to Vile getting a counterpart at some point. He's a pretty important character who could have more done with him. I like how Starforce had mostly animal themed bosses, which was a subtle connection to MMX, having similar boss theming, without being super blatant.

Tho I agree a game that takes place in the interim between MMBN and MMSF could be really interesting.
I find it interesting that Star force is more Mega Man Zero' s alternate counterpart, since the Star force games and the Zero games take place in the same year but in the separate timelines. One a good future and one a bad future.

A navi version of Vile would be pretty badass.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I find it interesting that Star force is more Mega Man Zero' s alternate counterpart, since the Star force games and the Zero games take place in the same year but in the separate timelines. One a good future and one a bad future.

A navi version of Vile would be pretty badass.
Yeah, MMSF has bits and pieces from MMX, and MMZ with the year like you said.

I do find it funny that both DS Mega Man series have a focus on a Human being imbued with Machinery to become something greater. While every other series focuses on how Robots get human aspects to varying degrees.

I wonder if that was intentional?

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Yeah, MMSF has bits and pieces from MMX, and MMZ with the year like you said.

I do find it funny that both DS Mega Man series have a focus on a Human being imbued with Machinery to become something greater. While every other series focuses on how Robots get human aspects to varying degrees.

I wonder if that was intentional?
I wonder if that's the reason ZX ended early. Both series seemed pretty similar in that regard so it was seen as redundant to have both.

Shroob

Sup?

There are creatures that science refuses to recognize.

But if our eyes see it...

If our cameras capture it...

Does it exist?

LOST TAPES

Do you believe?

ROPEN

Episode Title: "Ropen"
Subject Matter: Ropen
Summary: An expedition in Papua New Guinea in search of an unknown and mysterious tribe turns into horror for a group of explorers when they encounter a flying prehistoric terror.
Okay, I know the story behind this one. I can safely say

"No, I do not believe."

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I wonder if that's the reason ZX ended early. Both series seemed pretty similar in that regard so it was seen as redundant to have both.
Seemed like ZX only really needed to finish its cliffhanger, while MMSF more or less was setting up a second arc after the 3rd game. If that's the case, that's a bit disappointing, but I can understand. It would have be so cool to have Geo as a bonus character in ZX or Gray and the others making some kind of cameo in MMSF as a summon or boss.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Seemed like ZX only really needed to finish its cliffhanger, while MMSF more or less was setting up a second arc after the 3rd game. If that's the case, that's a bit disappointing, but I can understand. It would have be so cool to have Geo as a bonus character in ZX or Gray and the others making some kind of cameo in MMSF as a summon or boss.
I'm glad Star force's ending is at least a satisfactory one with the Stelar family being reunited. But it's a shame that the few loose plot threads lingering in the background of the RPG's never got resolved.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom