• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Anyone ever stop to think about the fact that, even if we somehow get the Pokémon Legends trainer (which I highly doubt) and use up two more of those slots, we still have one more world of light slot left?

Until that last slot is either filled or removed, my puppet hope will not die out!
If legends trainer was inane all the slots for filled, then they would fill 3 slots. Mythra would technically take the 4th spot in that scenario and the 3 Pokémon would take the last 3.

Shroob

Sup?
If legends trainer was inane all the slots for filled, then they would fill 3 slots. Mythra would technically take the 4th spot in that scenario and the 3 Pokémon would take the last 3.
Yeah, but they don't actually mean anything. I already described it to Snake, but the thing that NO big Smash Youtuber speculator will tell you is:

"Yeah, the 16 WOL slots exist.... but not every DLC character actually takes one up, some do, some don't, it's completely random."

They exist, but they are in no way meaning much at all when several of our DLC characters that we've gotten don't even use them.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You’re not counting right. Remember. It was four slots AFTER you gave one to each of the 6 fp characters. Meaning one of the three Pokémon already had a spot. Meaning only two are needed for the other two. Then mythra takes one. Leaving one left.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Another reason I don't think we'll see a Legends Trainer as DLC - Pyra and Mythra share animations on almost all of their attacks. They have different particle effects / range / frame data, but they're still able to operate on the same rigs. This probably saves a ton of resources on animation, which is the only reason I think a transformation character as DLC was possible.

A Legends Trainer wouldn't be able to do this. Pokemon generally have completely different models and wouldn't be able to share animations. On top of this, you'd be making three of them instead of just two. That'd be three characters with completely unique animations, sold at the price of one. As cool of a send off I think it'd be for Smash, I don't think it'd be feasible or all that profitable.

Also there's the issue of timing but I've mentioned that before.

D

Deleted member

I feel asleep at 11:00 PM and woke up at 2:00 AM and all I feel is pain.
This is literally what happens to me every other night, that must suck.

Hope you’re doing fine.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Another reason I don't think we'll see a Legends Trainer as DLC - Pyra and Mythra share animations on almost all of their attacks. They have different particle effects / range / frame data, but they're still able to operate on the same rigs. This probably saves a ton of resources on animation, which is the only reason I think a transformation character as DLC was possible.

A Legends Trainer wouldn't be able to do this. Pokemon generally have completely different models and wouldn't be able to share animations. On top of this, you'd be making three of them instead of just two. That'd be three characters with completely unique animations, sold at the price of one. As cool of a send off I think it'd be for Smash, I don't think it'd be feasible or all that profitable.

I've already pointed out something similar in the newcomer thread-at least one Pokemon would need to be something that can recycle animations from another fighter. I guess Oshawott can reuse Squirtle animations that don't involve tucking into his shell, but the rest gotta have all-new animations unless Decidueye had some work done already.

Alternatively, Cynthia could have you solely control Garchomp with her other mons showing up for specials/her FS.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I feel like there wouldn’t be any point to having Cynthia in the background if it was only Garchomp doing the fighting
The point would be to explain where Pokemon she uses are being summoned from for Garchomp's specials.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
The point would be to explain where Pokemon she uses are being summoned from for Garchomp's specials.
Eh. Depends on how they’re handled, though I feel that would also undermine Garchomp’s own abilities. Personally I feel it’d be best for Cynthia to work as an advanced version of :ultpokemontrainer: with the same change mechanic and I feel like your idea might fit better with a character like N or Team Rocket

D

Deleted member

Good evening!

Just wanted to check if the Pyra avatar for the profile page works.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Eh. Depends on how they’re handled, though I feel that would also undermine Garchomp’s own abilities. Personally I feel it’d be best for Cynthia to work as an advanced version of :ultpokemontrainer: with the same change mechanic and I feel like your idea might fit better with a character like N or Team Rocket
I get that, but they seemingly needed to cut corners in order for us to have another transforming character, thus I would assume the same goes for any new trainer. Whether it's Cynthia's other Pokemon only being temporarily summoned while Garchomp is the one you mainly control, or Elesa being chosen to make Emolga a Pikachu semiclone.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I get that, but they seemingly needed to cut corners in order for us to have another transforming character, thus I would assume the same goes for any new trainer. Whether it's Cynthia's other Pokemon only being temporarily summoned while Garchomp is the one you mainly control, or Elesa being chosen to make Emolga a Pikachu semiclone.
If I have to wait for the next installment for Cynthia or any other trainer (based choice on Elesa btw) to be like how I imagined, then so be it.

Though now that I think about it, wouldn’t summoning more Pokemon to assist with an attack on top of the trainer being in the background present the too many characters on screen issue?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

A counterpoint though, all 3 Pokémon they would have are already close to being full models in smash, making it easier to do.

Cyndaquill has been a pokeball Pokémon. Just import its models and upscale it a bit and there you go. It would be like the melee characters essentially.

Oshowatt is a Pokémon ball, but you could use it as a base to model dewott.

Decideueye sounds like Sakurai actually did models and work in with how he talks about it. Very plausible imo that they have a model in game laying around somewhere they could use.

Some of the attack animations can be taken from Pokémon trainer like Ember for example. Now if the final forms of the starters are different in that game then it may be harder. But depending on the decideye counterparts design, they might be able to repurpose the model they have.

It be trickier to do another trainer but I don’t think it’s unlikely. It’s a first party character so they save big on the licensing and music budget. Which definitely is a big part of the budget for a character.

Gamefreak also gives Sakurai models super early, so there is a good chance he would have plenty of time to implement this character if he wanted. It may also be why the pass has a December deadline. Maybe we get the trainer revealed in like September or something with a October release date. By then we will probably learn something on Legends as it would be a few months out. The shinnoh remakes would be around the corner As well. Syncing up pretty nicely imo.
You’re not counting right. Remember. It was four slots AFTER you gave one to each of the 6 fp characters. Meaning one of the three Pokémon already had a spot. Meaning only two are needed for the other two. Then mythra takes one. Leaving one left.
I could be wrong but I’m pretty sure the trainer themselves would take one of the six slots with the Pokémon filling the three slots left in that scenario as I’m pretty sure that’s how the trainer is coded now but again I may be mistaking.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Decideueye sounds like Sakurai actually did models and work in with how he talks about it. Very plausible imo that they have a model in game laying around somewhere they could use.
This is the only part of Pokemon legends cross promotion i could see actually happening tbh.

Since putting Decidueye actually kinda fits with the rest of the Nintendo characters in the pass. A character considered for base but was passed over.

Reactions: Z25
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom