• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Felt like crap earlier today, one of those sudden depression-like mood I think I mentionned before.

Decided to do some workout to get my mind out of it, mainly by doing homebike, annnnnd I think I feel better now.

Hopefully it doesn't come back later.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
All of my instructions on how to do vocal effects for specific characters just got deleted. Most of them I have saved as presets, or remember how to do, but still, that sucks real bad, haha.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605

Hello? Megas coming back?
If Megas are coming back, there are bound to be new ones, as the only Megas contained within Sinnoh's dex are:
Alakazam
Gyarados
Steelix
Heracross
Lopunny
Gengar
Medicham
Garchomp
Lucario
Abomasnow
And in Platinum:
Gardevoir
Gallade
Altaria
Houndoom
Scizor
Glalie
Absol

A decent amount of Non Sinnoh Megas, but Lopunny, Lucario, Abomasnow, Garchomp, and technically Gallade are our only Sinnoh megas.

Alternatively, this could mean nothing and just be Game Freak shilling out random stuff to celebrate, especially stating Charizard X is involved, and Charizard doesn't appear at all in Sinnoh.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I kind of expected megas to be back like I said in my predictions. I think Sword and shield didn’t have them because of time restraints and dynamaxing. But there’s code for it in Pokémon home, implying they can come back. Not to mention the anime features megas still and Pokémon go does to.

I hope for new megas though. Also if we can get megas back, regional forms are on the table as far as I’m concerned

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Actually wait, megas are in pokemon homes coding.

Now who is making this game?

The company that designed Pokémon home. So that could bode very well for megas. Maybe that code was there because they were working on the remakes and needdd it

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Actually wait, megas are in pokemon homes coding.

Now who is making this game?

The company that designed Pokémon home. So that could bode very well for megas. Maybe that code was there because they were working on the remakes and needdd it
The more interesting thing that's in the data of Pokémon Home is a second cry for Jynx.

Maybe Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl will address this.

Reactions: Z25

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The more interesting thing that's in the data of Pokémon Home is a second cry for Jynx.

Maybe Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl will address this.
Since the other two related to it got evolutions( magmar and electabuzz) , I would love jynx to at least get a mega. I could still see it just being left over from XY though. As I think they mentioned plans for a mega jynx at one point but they didn’t do it.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Just wanted to drop this real quick. I recently watched Lindsay Ellis’s recent video analyzing the history of transphobia in media and I thought it was an very interesting and informative watch. I’ve never understood the full scope of the subject until now and it really sickens me how much damage people like Rowling are causing by continuing to perpetuate those beliefs. I hope we can learn from this and continue to see more trans-positivity in pop culture. Content warning for those who plan on watching it.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Dude i just realized that Decidueye now has a shot in smash. lol

He wanted Decidueye but chose Incineroar because it was more unique, now normally they would only put the newest Pokemon starters but Gallarwas deconfirmed, but now Decidueye is relevant again thanks to Legends, and this whole pass so far is content they weren't able to put in base game, it lines up perfectly for my boy.

...I'm not actually expecting it or anything but it lines up for my boy.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
What's wild is that the last Direct was actually pretty jammed packed with stuff, it just didn't have Metroid or BotW2, so it's automatically bad I guess. :drshrug:

...Also, it astounds me how many people get upset whenever they focus on JRPGs or just more niche Japanese games in general when they're a Japanese company, lol.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Dude i just realized that Decidueye now has a shot in smash. lol

He wanted Decidueye but chose Incineroar because it was more unique, now normally they would only put the newest Pokemon starters but Gallarwas deconfirmed, but now Decidueye is relevant again thanks to Legends, and this whole pass so far is content they weren't able to put in base game, it lines up perfectly for my boy.

...I'm not actually expecting it or anything but it lines up for my boy.
Inb4 Samurott confirmed🗡

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I just finished Aquila!

Now here comes the pain as I have to go through Valencia Part 2. Not only was it a rushed update, but also extremely hard too. But this is the last stretch of the game before I get my first max level character. For now anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

What's wild is that the last Direct was actually pretty jammed packed with stuff, it just didn't have Metroid or BotW2, so it's automatically bad I guess. :drshrug:

...Also, it astounds me how many people get upset whenever they focus on JRPGs or just more niche Japanese games in general when they're a Japanese company, lol.
I imagine the people who get upset at Nintendo putting JRPG's in directs are generally the kinda people that sit in their basement still living with their parents at 30.

That's the vibe I tend to get from them anyway.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
If Xenoblade 2 couldn't make base roster, then I think Pokemon Legends is waaay to early in development to effect the fighters pass. Then again Nintendo/TPC could totally pull some strings.

On a different note, I don't expect Pokemon Legends to be an experiment for Gen 9 just because one of GF's teams will probably have already started working on Gen 9 before Legends gets its release. But the game being called Pokemon Legends: Arceus does seem to imply that they plan to make more games in that vein going forward. I can imagine them focusing on legendaries and mythicals from other regions going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom