• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Snorlax Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Except even moreso in Ivy Leagues is the presence of how important your SAT scoes are.
If I can't get my scores even remotely close to their average range I just won't bother applying. It'd be a waste of money.

Blaziking17

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RobeezyLnP
3DS FC
1547-5531-6535
I got a 540 in math last time I took SATs. Those scores above are impressive.

@Roacher, I'm on the same boat with you as far as Latinos go because I'm Latino as well, but I like to prove people wrong based on their biased stats and whatever, so I'm gonna focus on my goals and be involved in stuff for my community college I'm going to now, and later when I transfer to a university.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
you should really start caring sophmore year, and take them once junior year and then once senior if you are not satisfied with your scores. i got 1330/33 on the sats/act when i took them, thankfully before those dumb writing sections came in

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
well, you need to learn the stuff in them first, but junior year is when you should take your first one. if you want to get started now, probably the best bet to maximise your grades. also look for a sat/act prep class, i took that in high school as well

at the VERY least get started looking at the material your sophmore year

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
you should really start caring sophmore year, and take them once junior year and then once senior if you are not satisfied with your scores. i got 1330/33 on the sats/act when i took them, thankfully before those dumb writing sections came in
Very nice scores. I always get unlucky in tests. Whenever they come up I get ill or something. I only made a 22 on the ACT but I could've done so much better. Things is I only needed a 20, and since I'm doing Community>4year, I actually didn't need it at all. Though the 22 + good GPA on Community College will look decent I suppose, but being what I'm going into is easy as cake >.>

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
yeah act/sat scores are only really good if you are going straight to a 4 year college. otherwise a good gpa at a community college will suffice for most colleges. really depends on your field and the quality of the college you want to go to

M.K

Level 55
If you really don't like your SAT score, you should definitely take the ACT.
It's easier, but it grills you faster and longer than the SAT.

I got a 2120 on the SAT (740 Math/690 Reading/690 Writing) and my scores for the ACT come out on Monday.
I wouldn't suggest not taking either, though. Even some community colleges require the SAT to be at least taken. I wouldn't suggest skipping them.
SAT was so freaking easy, ACT was easy as well, but time in a big factor.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
yeah act/sat scores are only really good if you are going straight to a 4 year college. otherwise a good gpa at a community college will suffice for most colleges. really depends on your field and the quality of the college you want to go to
The Community College I'm going to in the Winter required a 15. And.. yeah. The 4yr requires a 20+, since I beat that and I'll have a gpa I'm set. I'm being an Accountant/Auditor (Easy good money), and their requirements are not that hard at all.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
You can take SATs as early as your 7th grade year, but typically people start taking the SATs once or twice as a Junior. The PSATs start your Sophomore year (optional) and return your Junior year (required). Then most people take the SATs again along with some subject tests (SAT IIs) in their Senior year.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Never took the SAT. Florida had its own test the CPT. Got average on Math and perfect score on english and reading comprehension. Now that I don't live in Florida I'll be taking the ACT and going to Pitts next summer.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Hmm, well I can, maybe, but when I was young all I did was study and research for my own entertainment, and then in 5th grade I discovered music and focused on that for the rest of my school days. That got me all the way through high school with a 3.5 weighted GPA.

M.K

Level 55
Yeah, it's relatively easy. Especially for subjects such as Math, which I feel is impossible to study for.
Don't ever force yourself to study, if you don't feel like you have to, then don't. Simple as that.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
The only subject I DO think I have to study for is Math, though usually, I just do a quick review before a test and scrape by with a B (or C if the subject is terribly hard)

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Just remember, there's no Trig. or PreCalc (although some functions) for the math portion. All of it is Algebra and Geometry.
I dunno how far you are in math, but yeah.

Cease Tick

Smash Ace
I generally don't study for tests, with some rare exceptions. If you happen to be taking an Oracle SQL Certification Test though, STUDY STUDY STUDY.

M.K

Level 55
There was some trig on the Math 1 SAT Subject Test and it's all over the Math 2.
It's annoying, but manageable.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
When I took the ACT the only hard part was Science, which is actually very very easy. I made 27s and stuff on all the parts, and a 13 on Science. Reason why is I was so sick by the time I got to Science (last part of test) I didn't care. I wish I had cared, it crippled my score

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Is anybody here able to test without studying? I can do it, but I'm afraid that perhaps this year I might lose that ability >_>
Depends on the subject. Most of the time I don't need to study for math, never need to study for Latin. Most other subjects I'll study for unless I really know the stuff, but not extensively.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I need to study for English and Social Studies occasionally.

Everything else lolno.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
I really need to study for ICT and Chemistry (my teacher's crap in the former and some of the harder stuff in the latter just flew over my head), so I'm taking a revision/study session back in school for it tomorrow.

Also, I'm fairly sure I'd count as a Junior in your system.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
<.< I know this is really immature, especially for my age, but have any of you ever done a really funny prank? >.> I kinda just did a good one.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I'm not totally sure it is appropriate, and anyone with a low tolerance to immaturity would hate me for life. (And my friend, lol)

I have a British neighbor, he is a real ***hole, and we did the meanest thing to him, and I just got to watch him realize what happened.

(Fill in the blanks, I wore gloves)

At night, my friend had to use the bathroom. He used the bathroom, and I used my Gloves to place something inside his Grill. He didn't know until today, two days later. It smells TERRIBLE in his front yard. I just got to watch (through my window) him opening his grill, poking/getting disgusted over it, and then lighting it on fire only to realize what "it" truly is and dying from the burning smell.

I know it is wrong, I'm 18 so it's even worse, but I can't stop laughing. That is the single most hilarious moment in my life.

It's disgusting/wrong though, so sorry if people here take it the wrong way.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
XD Yeah. I used gloves to get it up, if that means anything. It was priceless... yesterday we went outside to "check" on it, and you could smell it from his porch. I guess he finally smelled it and opened up. The fact he burned it is halarious, because that smell will be in there for a while. Lol.

Best Prank Ever. But my girlfriend thinks me and my friend are disgusting/stupid/idiots D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom