• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Snorlax Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
So, I just turned on my SNES for the first time in a while.

Is it me, or is Donkey Kong Country 2 like, the most epic game ever?
I almost just yelled at you for turning on your SNES "for the first time in a while" until I realized...I haven't played my SNES in a long time, too. ._.

But yes. DKC2 is one of the best games ever. In a Snow Bound Land = best thing ever.

I laugh at my friend, because he has DKC and DKC3 but has never found DKC2.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I almost just yelled at you for turning on your SNES "for the first time in a while" until I realized...I haven't played my SNES in a long time, too. ._.
I wish I could play my SNES, but it just kinda...died one day. And I've yet to fix it because I haven't gotten around to getting the special screwdriver thing yet. :(

I really want to play Sim City...among others.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I wish I could play my SNES, but it just kinda...died one day. And I've yet to fix it because I haven't gotten around to getting the special screwdriver thing yet. :(

I really want to play Sim City...among others.
That sucks...:( The SNES is so awesome. Especially Super Metroid. Best game ever.

I reeaally need to actually play Super Mario RPG. I've had it for 8 months now (got it last October) and all I did was the prologue. =/ This is why I need to stop buying games. I have far too many that I need to do SOMETHING in first. There's that, Shadow of the Colossus, Super Mario World, Metroid, The Legend of Zelda, Fallout 3, Golden Sun, No More Heroes, Bioshock...god. My list goes on forever.

Speaking of No More Heroes, I tested it to make sure it worked (miraculously, NMH, Golden Sun, AND Bioshock worked, GameStop doesn't completely suck after all) and played up until the first save point...the gameplay is fairly fun, but I'm a little disappointed that what I initially thought about it -- that it was trying too hard to be hardcore -- was basically true. Doesn't hinder the gameplay, but "EXCESSIVE BLOOD SWEARING AND I'M GOING TO BE THE BEST ASSASSIN EVER" just sorta...screams "I want to be the hardcore guy".

Tried the Bioshock demo a year or so back and I found it terrifying, and it was actually much less terrifying playing the first part this time.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
That sucks...:( The SNES is so awesome. Especially Super Metroid. Best game ever.

I love the SNES. It is still, to this day, my favourite videogame system.

I reeaally need to actually play Super Mario RPG. I've had it for 8 months now (got it last October) and all I did was the prologue. =/ This is why I need to stop buying games. I have far too many that I need to do SOMETHING in first. There's that, Shadow of the Colossus, Super Mario World, Metroid, The Legend of Zelda, Fallout 3, Golden Sun, No More Heroes, Bioshock...god. My list goes on forever.

I know exactly what you mean. I have to beat like 20 different games over this summer break and I'm a completionist when it comes to games I care about so that puts me back even further. Chances are though, its going to end up like last summer where I make plans to beat most of my games but end up getting lazy or something else gets in the way.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
You see I played SMRPG on a ROM, and it broke during like an Axem rangers fight, and I bought a legit one so I could play it.

I never really recovered from getting that far into the game then being forced to quit, so I never really got too far in the legit SMRPG.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
There's a stack of 8 games on top of my desk that i havent played/beaten, another stack of 4 next to my desk i havent played/beaten, 2 ds games on top of my 360 i havent beaten, and another 10 games just sort of on my shelves i havent played or beaten yet. YEEEEEAH BOI

M.K

Level 55
Last game I beat was TWEWY, a game I highly, highly, highly, highly recommend <33333333333333333333333333333333

Currently playing Pikmin 2 with Firus. Hopefully for once I can beat it...

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
TWEWY had what COULD have been one of the most amazing endings ever but then it copped out for the crappy happy ending bull****. It's alot like Bioshock in that respect. If Bioshock had ended right when you killed Ryan it would have left farm more of an impact than the ******** endings you actually get.

M.K

Level 55
TWEWY had what COULD have been one of the most amazing endings ever but then it copped out for the crappy happy ending bull****. It's alot like Bioshock in that respect. If Bioshock had ended right when you killed Ryan it would have left farm more of an impact than the ******** endings you actually get.
I will admit that I was less than pleased with the ending. I didn't quite understand it, especially the
duel between Josh and Neku for the win
, but The fighting was fresh and the characters/story/music were oh so sexy.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I thought TWEWY was one of the most amazing endings in any game. I rewatch that scene all of the time.

Granted, I can definitely see your point -- after everything that had happened, everything suddenly being all right was a little odd -- BUT, the ending was still amazing in its own right.

EDIT: MK, I think you mean they were so zetta sexy.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
So I just got a new Wii Points Card, and I'm not sure which game(s) I should download. Any suggestions?
If you haven't already played Cave Story on PC and/or would rather play it on a console control scheme, there's that.

You could also save it up for Sonic 4, although that's not coming out for a while.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
I thought TWEWY was one of the most amazing endings in any game. I rewatch that scene all of the time.

Granted, I can definitely see your point -- after everything that had happened, everything suddenly being all right was a little odd -- BUT, the ending was still amazing in its own right.

EDIT: MK, I think you mean they were so zetta sexy.
Disagreement. The fact that everything was alright in the end undermines everything that led up to it. There's no point in having a major twist(well, kind of a twist, there was obviously SOMETHING going on as you got closer and closer to the end) if you're just going to correct it instantly anyways. It's like if Star Wars had ended with Luke missing the vent shaft on the Death Star only to have it to have a malfunction and blow up anyways. All the work done before hand becomes completely meaningless in the face of Deus Ex Machina.

Also please stop using the word "zetta" it really does just make you sound like a tool =\

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Disagreement. The fact that everything was alright in the end undermines everything that led up to it. There's no point in having a major twist(well, kind of a twist, there was obviously SOMETHING going on as you got closer and closer to the end) if you're just going to correct it instantly anyways. It's like if Star Wars had ended with Luke missing the vent shaft on the Death Star only to have it to have a malfunction and blow up anyways. All the work done before hand becomes completely meaningless in the face of Deus Ex Machina.
Again, I see what you mean, I was disappointed by the ending, but I still love it.

You can be disappointed with something and still love it.

Also please stop using the word "zetta" it really does just make you sound like a tool =\
No. I like using the word. I can't see how it makes me sound like a tool, just a TWEWY geek. It only makes you sound like a tool when you overuse it and use it in the wrong situation. Like "ZETTA SHUT UP" or something.

M.K

Level 55

I'll go ahead and disagree as well. By the time you reach the third week, you honestly feel like Neku and the characters
deserve to live, like they end up doing so
. And yeah I hated Josh throughout the entire story, but I still feel like it goes along with the theme "trust your partner".
Joshua honestly was the creator of the game, but could we call him a villain? That's for the player to decide
. Likewise, I don't think it's fair to say that he didn't "deserve" it, because the
gun duel
is shrouded in so much ambiguity that we don't know what exactly the purpose;
true duel, or another one of Josh's mindtrips?
Don't get me wrong, I completely understand what you are saying, but I still feel as if the journey was enough of a legacy/epic that the ending was justified.

EDIT:

I know it looks ******** now, but I don't want to spoil anything for anyone.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
Neku and the others never "Deserved" to live. That falls in to the whole "well they worked hard, they should get it" trap that Disney movies are made of. I liked the real world application of "You worked really hard, but we dont care, ****s staying ****ed up."

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Last game I beat was TWEWY, a game I highly, highly, highly, highly recommend <33333333333333333333333333333333

Currently playing Pikmin 2 with Firus. Hopefully for once I can beat it...
Pikmin 2 is the best. Playing FF Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time right now. Really good game imo, like a small mmo with offline features. I want to breed Riolus but meh.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Playing Drakengard right now. All the people are ****ing insane, and I love it.

But Furiae is a horrible, cruel *****. And scary as all get out. D:

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
Pikmin 2 is the best. Playing FF Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time right now. Really good game imo, like a small mmo with offline features. I want to breed Riolus but meh.
It is a really fun game, and easily broken lol. Want to get somewhere they dont want you to be yet? Stack potions/magicite and make steps LOL

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
It is a really fun game, and easily broken lol. Want to get somewhere they dont want you to be yet? Stack potions/magicite and make steps LOL
+ Be a Selkie. It's still fun co-op though regardless. The only thing that does irk me is that maxing stats requires big green jewels, which you can't get until you've beaten the game once or so (or logged a lot of hours), making your first character worthless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom