• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash Ultimate Roster Swap-Meet! (A game)

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
A little while ago I posted a thread asking who would you remove if you had to remove 20 fighters (Link Here:), and it got really popular. Some people expressed slight confusion at the idea of already picking out characters to remove before the game releases, but dozens of people have made teir opinions known.

So I came up with a little game. If you have ever played Wii Party (which you should, if you haven't go buy it now), there's a game in it called Swap-Meet: Where you try to match four Miis wearing identical outfits by swapping out one at a time. This game is similar, but there's no matching or end goal, just seeing who we can come up with.

The rules are simple: I'll start off by picking four characters from the roster. Then the next person will pick one of those fighters and remove them, replacing them with a dream newcomer of their choice. The third person will pick another fighter to replace. You can re-add fighters that were previously removed (including from Ultimate's current roster), and you can remove fighters that were just added right before. The idea is to create a small but perfect as possible, ever changing roster.

There are a few restrictions: Absolutely no "4th party" characters, please stick to video game characters. And be limited on 3rd party choices. I'm not barring you from choosing outside of Nintendo, but if you know the character isn't that popular, try not adding it (assume that someone will remove it soon after in favor of their own). Echo fighters can be removed without removing the original fighter, and vice-versa. You can add an echo of your own, just state who they're echoing

Occasionally I may increase the Swap-Meet size to 5 or 6 fighter, depending on how this goes.

Here's an example of gameplay:
I start the Swap-Meet with: Link, Robin, Sonic and Yoshi

The next person decides to remove Sonic in favor of their own newcomer, how about in this case they decide to add Ashley fro Wario Ware. So now it's Link, Robin, Ashley and Yoshi.

The third person removes Robin in favor of Ninten, and they state that he's an echo of Ness.

The fourth person wants Robin back, so they remove Ashley in favor of Robin returning.

And it continues.

So, let's start! I'll open this off with these four fighters up for swapping: Luigi, Roy, Simon, and Donkey Kong.
:ultluigi::ultroy::ultsimon::ultdk:
Have fun swapping!

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
I don't understand why you're limiting the game to these four characters. No other confirmed characters can be removed this way.

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
Skull Kid, Lyn, Miriam, Lanky Kong

:ult.bowserjr::ult.corrin::ult.sheik::ult.snake:

Wait I misread the rules nevermind

Last edited:
Top Bottom