• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash Grounds is getting tournament ready. Do you have what it takes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
You're both added! We've got games tonight at 6 CST, hope you can make it.

@RepStar and Crystanium Crystanium I've sent a couple invites but haven't heard back from you.
So, 4 p.m. in my time. I'll see what I can do. I'd like to improve and gain as much MU exp. as I can.

I also joined. I'll have to make it a habit of going on Discord as often as I do Twitter.

Last edited:

EnthusedPanda

Smash Journeyman
So, 4 p.m. in my time. I'll see what I can do. I'd like to improve and gain as much MU exp. as I can.

I also joined. I'll have to make it a habit of going on Discord as often as I do Twitter.
Great! Are there any characters you'd specifically like to face for practice?

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Great! Are there any characters you'd specifically like to face for practice?
Mostly small, nimble characters like Olimar and Pichu, but I'm open to just about anyone. I know I didn't join in the event today, but I'll keep a look out. I tend to be on during the morning to noon on my days off from work. I spend most of my time in Quickplay, but it has been my plan to play against others I can communicate with in real-time just so I can write down information.

EnthusedPanda

Smash Journeyman
Bump before the weekend. We’re playing at 9:30 CST if any newbies wanna hop on the discord.

EnkiOrion

Smash Rookie
Bumping this post. Update about Smash Grounds; new Captain initiative. Schedule time to train along side a fellow smash player and receive tips on how to improve your skill! Also, recruiting my skilled players to round out our Captain squad.

Kamarey

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-3640-7639-5697
Is there any way I could get an invite? I'm a beginner looking to improve.

Dokokashira

Smash Journeyman
Is there any way I could get an invite? I'm a beginner looking to improve.
I'm not a mod on the server, but I can invite you since I think all the mods are asleep right now. I'll send you a friend request on Discord.

saiyan.

Feint - Snake Eyes
Smash Grounds is offering a laid back competitive environment for Ultimate hopefuls to test their mettle and hone their craft with other like-minded players. We've grown organically over the past couple weeks into a rough and ready cadre of smash bros and sises, and we're currently looking to expand further.

We take pride in the atmosphere we like to maintain – any toxicity won't be tolerated, so any and all skill levels should feel safe playing with us.

We connect on Discord throughout the day and have nightly arenas up and running with enough people for a few concurrent matches at any given point, so you'll never be starved for action.

In the future, we'll be looking to incorporate duos in our play rotation, as well as friendly tournaments.

Drop me a message if you're interested in getting better. :)
Hey man, I’m definitely interested!
My discord is saiyan.#6514

EnthusedPanda

Smash Journeyman
We’re getting some bots up and running. I guess we’re modernizing. Join now so you can say you were there when the Smash Grounds modernized.

aveyond

Smash Rookie
Hey, I haven't played any smash games since 64 and I would like to join and get better. My username is Aveyond#7823

benbron

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
5357-6463-4605
I'd love to get some more good training in! Could I get an invite? benbron#6131
I have a pretty good internet connection +LAN adapter but I'm east coast, is that much of a concern?

Dokokashira

Smash Journeyman
I have a pretty good internet connection +LAN adapter but I'm east coast, is that much of a concern?
Not at all! The majority of us are EC and there are plenty of smooth games to go around. I'll send you a friend request.

Shadi432

Smash Rookie
Can I have an invite? I am always looking to play arenas with players better than me and this seems like a perfect place for that.

My discord tag is Shadi432 #1826

Last edited:

EnthusedPanda

Smash Journeyman
You're in! Let me know when you can play.

benbron

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
5357-6463-4605
You're in! Let me know when you can play.
bad timing actually, gonna be out of town for the weekend so soonest is maybe Sunday, ill hit you guys up on the discord for sure though, and thanks!

Last edited:

KuroShin

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1392-5240-0145
Switch FC
SW 0690 3215 2822
Hey this sounds amazing, I'd love to get in and play with you. I really wanna improve my playstyle :)
TheRedDead#3267

Gild

Smash Rookie
Post has been updated to reflect some recent changes since we've been growing lately. Thanks guys!

HeraSwellow

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-8400-4658-5024
1. Midwest (Ohio)
2. Most likely 5/7 days I will be available, some times more, some times less?
3. I am looking for new friends and fellow Smash fans to compete with, as well as find a consistent area where I can train my abilities.
4. Ben21#5282

EnthusedPanda

Smash Journeyman
1. Midwest (Ohio)
2. Most likely 5/7 days I will be available, some times more, some times less?
3. I am looking for new friends and fellow Smash fans to compete with, as well as find a consistent area where I can train my abilities.
4. Ben21#5282
I messaged you an invite link and also added you personally in case the link expires.

Pollo122

Smash Rookie
I’m very interested in this I’m in IL! :D discord is Pollo122#8379! I wanna improve and meet more people. This sounds like a lot of fun l! I have availability during the nights! Any day to be honest

Last edited:

IrohDW

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-2473-0493-0622
1. California
2. I am only available from 5-7PM on weekdays, but I am available a lot more on the weekends.
3. I've been playing Smash for a long time, and I want to play with people as good as I am.
4. IrohDW#5828

EnthusedPanda

Smash Journeyman
1. California
2. I am only available from 5-7PM on weekdays, but I am available a lot more on the weekends.
3. I've been playing Smash for a long time, and I want to play with people as good as I am.
4. IrohDW#5828
Your invite is sent :D We have a small handful of west coast players now! I’ll be available personally most weekends. On weekdays I’ll be able to play with you on Thursdays. That said, 5-7 PST is around our busiest time.

Last edited:

Veske

Smash Rookie
1. Southeast US
2. I play every day, usually 4+ hours a day.
3. To git gud and hopefully make some dedicated training buddies to talk on discord with, hopefully live during matches. It would be good to make a rival as well.
4. Veske#5605

Invite pls

Joquinnel

Smash Rookie
What region are you from?
US West

2. How often will you be able to play?
Everyday or so depending on Work and Class

3. Why do you want to join us?
I want to improve my game and get some constructive criticism on gameplay to improve. Make some friends cuz not many of mine play smash often really.
Also arenas > than quick play.

4. What is your Discord ID? (name#0000)
Joquinnel #7613

MisterChowtime

Smash Rookie
1. What region are you from?
US South

2. How often will you be able to play?
Few days a week, possibly more.

I wanna be the best Wolf player in the world. I need to beat Zachray then lol

MisterChowtime #5044

Xenomorph36

Smash Rookie
1. What region are you from?
I live in the U.S in the state of Florida

2. How often will you be able to play? You must communicate with the moderators if you will be unavailable for longer than a week.
I work full time but I have off Sundays, and I get off at 5:00, i can play multiple times a week.

I'm dedicated to getting better at smash, im having trouble doing it on my own however. aside from just trying to get better im down to meet new people.

xenomorph36#2657

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom