• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash Grounds is getting tournament ready. Do you have what it takes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EnthusedPanda

Smash Journeyman
We recently had a blast with our first official Smash Grounds tournament. The entire thing was streamed and we had first, second, and third place prizes (eShop credit, some Switch controllers). We're looking to do this monthly, so join up for glory!

ChuBaka

Smash Rookie
Hey! This sounds interesting for the next time, mind adding my discord some others from discord have told me about this.
Chubaka#5547

EnthusedPanda

Smash Journeyman
The second Smash Grounds tournament is right around the corner on April 27th at 6 PM EST. New recruits are able to enter the bracket, by the way!

ZaTank

Smash Rookie
I'm from Northern California.
I play often, I am almost never inactive less than a week.
I just want to get better plain and simple, and I'm trying to find the best players possible to give me some advice. I like using VC in Smash matches, and I already use Discord quite a bit, so this community would be a good fit for me.
My tag is ZaTank (Souptime)#7760

NoxiousRose

Smash Rookie
I have been searching for a while now via discord servers and Anthers ladder but i can't seem to find people with the drive to play or who are at my skill level. A lot of times i can't even find any matches at all. Does anyone know any discord servers or any ways i can find consistent matches with people who want to improve?

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
I have been searching for a while now via discord servers and Anthers ladder but i can't seem to find people with the drive to play or who are at my skill level. A lot of times i can't even find any matches at all. Does anyone know any discord servers or any ways i can find consistent matches with people who want to improve?
See thread thx

EnthusedPanda

Smash Journeyman
Yes, if you fill out the brief questionnaire found at the end of the OP, I daresay I'd know of a place..

Gild

Smash Rookie
SG is still going strong! Shameless bump and our next tournament is soon!

EnthusedPanda

Smash Journeyman
Really hoping to get in some more playtime this weekend. Any newcomers interested? Gotta stay sharp for Hero’s release.

J.I.L

Banned via Administration
Damn, you’ll never be ready to get ready to be tournament ready, then!

(In all seriousness, just let me know if you want in)
Training for tournament? this has sparked my interest. what is this you all are doing?

Last edited:

EnthusedPanda

Smash Journeyman
Training for tournament? this has sparked my interest. what is this you all are doing?
There’s not much more to say, really. We’re a close-knit group of smashers who practice together so we’re ready for tournaments, online and off. If that sounds appealing to you, then you’re welcome to join. :)

J.I.L

Nope. Just know if you’re inactive for weeks at a time we’ll probably kick you, though. If you wanna join up, just fill out the brief questionnaire in the OP.
Idk if you are a regular on this sub set forum....but if you have seen my post....you'd see i'm not the most likable opponent in smash to put it the best....so what are your guys' conduct rules?

EnthusedPanda

Smash Journeyman
Idk if you are a regular on this sub set forum....but if you have seen my post....you'd see i'm not the most likable opponent in smash to put it the best....so what are your guys' conduct rules?
I’m a regular in this thread, that’s about it. Conduct? Keep toxicity to yourself. Friendly competition and rivalries are common around here, but insults, yelling, throwing stuff, ruining other peoples’ time etc isn’t what we’re about. I think it’s a simple request. If you can follow those guidelines you’re fine. We’re here to help you improve and maybe you’ll even help us, so we have to stay productive and positive.

J.I.L

I’m a regular in this thread, that’s about it. Conduct? Keep toxicity to yourself. Friendly competition and rivalries are common around here, but insults, yelling, throwing stuff, ruining other peoples’ time etc isn’t what we’re about. I think it’s a simple request. If you can follow those guidelines you’re fine. We’re here to help you improve and maybe you’ll even help us, so we have to stay productive and positive.
I don’t have voice chat. But I think I’ll pass. I’d probably get kicked out because I doubt you guys could tolerate my playstyles and in game antics.

Last edited by a moderator:

EnthusedPanda

Smash Journeyman
We’re alive and well and maybe you’re someone who’s *in* to that sort of thing. We have a Magic VS Science crew battle Monday at 9:30 PM CST - join up and sign up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom