• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash Brothers - Series Discussion

samox

Smash Journeyman
Hello smashers. This thread is here to discuss The Smash Brothers. I'll try to answer any questions and keep this top post updated as an FAQ.

So I guess... MORE TO COME!

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Where can I watch these episodes?
A: On my youtube channel EastPointPictures or on my website, www.eastpointpictures.com.

Q: Where are all the name tags?
A: The lack of a lot of name tags was a conscious stylistic choice. In many shots I decided it either wasn't important to the story or their name was too ridiculous it would distract from what they were talking about at that moment. If viewers are curious, the final episode lists them all for reference.

Q: What was up with Gee playing when they flew to Japan? KPop, hello?!
A: Funny story, this song was chosen by a donor who gave over 150 dollars to see the project get made. I made the call to put it during the Japan trip because, honestly, there wasn't any other place to put it. During the remaster it will be replaced with the Japanese version.

Q: What's this song at xx:xx?
A: If you look at the credits in episode 9, it's almost entirely song titles put in chronological order. That should help, though it should also be noted not all of these artists have music up and available yet. That will hopefully change soon if this gets a big enough profile.

Q: What's a Kopimi?
A: Kopimi is a fascinating and innovative ideology in regards to information sharing. Check out the wikipedia article on it.

Q: What's next for Samox and EPP?
A: I'm going to be working on the extra content for the next few months until the dvds roll out. The extra content will eventually make its way into the public, but for now I want it to be exclusive for those who shelled out extra.

Q: I donated so I could get a DVD. When's that jazz happening?
A: Hopefully soon. If you donated, I should have your email / contact info. I will contact you beforehand to confirm your shipping address.

Q: Can I buy a DVD now that it's released?
A: Unfortunately, because I don't own all the rights to the media I used, no. If this project got so big that demand was high enough, rights could feasibly be secured for a proper release.

Q: Why didn't you cover SilentSpectre/PP/Armada/Gimpy/Forward/Anyone else I really like?
A: If I had the time or the money, I would have tried. Just one man here guys.

Q: What was that anime from Episode 3?
A: 5 Centimeters Per Second.

Q: What did you change in the remaster?
A: It was a lot of little things I'll try to detail here:

- Audio hiss smoothed out for Wife, Prog, Chillin and some other interviewees.
- Gee updated to Japanese version.
- Some very small content changes.
- Credits updated.

Actually, that doesn't take much space to explain.

Last edited:

samox

Smash Journeyman
Unfortunately, I'm not planning to sell the DVD after the premiere. You still have T minus 6 hours to make that donation. ;)

Lawn Chair

Smash Journeyman
Were did the documentary get uploaded, I can't find it on VGbootcamp

Lawn Chair

Smash Journeyman
Is it ok if I post this on the smashbros subreddit. You know to get more people to watch it and everything

samox

Smash Journeyman
I'm just kidding you man. PLEASE post this EVERYWHERE. Like, post it on your grandma's facebook. Who knows? Maybe she'll be down with shfling.

dkuo

Smash Lord
Last edited by samox, 2 minutes ago. Reason: But in reality, I'M NOT forbidding him to post there!
lol

just wanted say again, good **** travis. cant wait till the premiere :)

samox

Smash Journeyman
Episodes range from 20 all the way to almost 40 for one of them. Most are in between.

Han Solo

Banned via Warnings
I believe in another thread you said it would be airing at 9pm Michigan time. Michigan is EST. In this thread you said it'll air at 10pm EST. Which is correct?

Frame Perfect

Smash Journeyman
pc chris better be in this. he bridged the gap between mew2king and humanity during m2k's prime

i ****ing love pc chris

legend has it he didn't even have a cube when he was dominating...

edit: like a lot of pc chris. AR, M2K, Ken have their legacies cemented goat status but they slack on pc, he deserves way more recognition. his vegas set vs koreandj and oc3 vs m2k are some of my fav ever. m2k shoulda won oc3 but the robot has emotions. mad props to PC Chris

Bones0

Smash Legend
what do you think about #thesmashbrothers ?
I think you're better off going with anything that includes "Documentary". Otherwise people will just be like "yeah, okay... Smash Bros. is cool..." and ignore it. If you at least make it #SmashBrosDocumentary people will be a bit more intrigued.

$0.02

Wiggins

Smash Ace
I NEED SOMEONE TO DONATE TO THIS FOR THE DVD AND I CAN, LIKE, PAYPAL YOU BACK TOMORROW, THE BANK WAS CLOSED BEFORE I COULD GO DEPOSIT MY CHECK.

AGGGGGGGGGGGGGH
caps

samox

Smash Journeyman
My pleasure guys. FYI, I'm remixing the audio to make it better.

Remastered version drops October 26th.

SmashCentralOfficial

Voice of SmashCentralOfficial
That teaser on MIOM had my jaw on the floor. I just realized this whole documentary is about 4.5 hours long - better start now!

Anth0ny

Smash Master
So happy this is finally out. Been following since the beginning! The first episode was fantastic, and I'll be watching the rest tomorrow.

Major props samox!

BarDulL

Town Vampire
So good. Loved episode 3, so many feels. Really informative too; despite being a part of the community for such a long period of time, I never knew things like the premise behind Isai's Mel tag in his tourney matches. Hope things work out and he gets his dream girl, whoever that may be.

Top Bottom