• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"The Smash Brothers" Series: Calling All Collaborators

Anth0ny

Smash Master
random thought: If you want better quality tournament footage and are simply ripping the vids off youtube, try contacting the uploaders, as they might have access to higher quality versions of the matches. Definitely contact BACH.

MLG doesn't have the MLG footage saved, do they? I remember their Halo 2 tournament being televised, so they definitely recorded that stuff lol

foshio

Smash Journeyman
Jeez come on community! Pick it up!!! This is such a cool project it would be great to see it come through.

Octave

Smash Ace
I am in love with this idea. Despite saving up for my eventual semester abroad in Japan, I'm looking to donate a good amount of money to this, at least $150. Even though I started in '10 ;-;

Keep up the good work, guys, and maybe we'll meet at ROM4 or even Mass Madness this weekend!

samox

Smash Journeyman
UPDATE 4: It's a Holiday Weekend, So...
Kickstarter Balance: $417.00
Paypal Balance: 168.96
TOTAL FUNDING SO FAR: $585.96

Shout out to Taylor Bonin, our only donor today. Thanks brother.

Only major thing to report today is a change in tactics with a Kickstarter reward which may interest you Octave.

Instead of "Passes to Premier Events" (I didn't even really have that figured out yet anyway), we'll insert you into the film. You'll be in the background or be mentioned as a cool guy by someone at some point. Credit for the idea has to go to another Kickstarter project about toilet papering houses (a championship doc idea if I ever saw one - and one that is fully funded).

So if you're still interested in being the first to get his name dropped in the series (and an absolute hero for doing this with your Japan money), do consider it. :)

@ TheCrimsonBlur: Dude, great video. It's that kind of energy I want to highlight with the gaming culture of smash - the fierce competition under the big lights, but also the true friendships that come from this community.

@ Anth0ny: Yes. Getting good quality versions of this stuff will be key. I did message BACH when this thing dropped, but haven't heard back yet.

@ Octave: Can't make it to Mass, but I'll see you at ROM4! :)

I'm off to shake some more trees!

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
lol i can see it now
"Strong Bad really revolutionized the Donkey Kong metagame in 2011. Pivot bair? Who does that?"
for the measly price of $150

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
I am gonna get the local smashers in my area in on this big time. Probably gonna start hosting Tournaments again just to fund raise the living ish out of this.

I think this is soooooo awesome for our community.

Octave

Smash Ace
UPDATE 4: It's a Holiday Weekend, So...
Kickstarter Balance: $417.00
Paypal Balance: 168.96
TOTAL FUNDING SO FAR: $585.96

Shout out to Taylor Bonin, our only donor today. Thanks brother.

Only major thing to report today is a change in tactics with a Kickstarter reward which may interest you Octave.

Instead of "Passes to Premier Events" (I didn't even really have that figured out yet anyway), we'll insert you into the film. You'll be in the background or be mentioned as a cool guy by someone at some point. Credit for the idea has to go to another Kickstarter project about toilet papering houses (a championship doc idea if I ever saw one - and one that is fully funded).

So if you're still interested in being the first to get his name dropped in the series (and an absolute hero for doing this with your Japan money), do consider it. :)

@ Octave: Can't make it to Mass, but I'll see you at ROM4! :)
Taylor is a friend of mine :) Glad I could support simply by posting a link to the video on my facebook wall. I get paid this Thursday and will probably donate then. And I'm HOPEFULLY going to ROM4, but I've gotta figure out housing and whatnot still.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
It would be awesome if you could get an interview with John. Oh well. We can't have everything in this world.

samox

Smash Journeyman
UPDATE 5: Damn It Feels Good To Be A Smasher
Kickstarter Balance: $1,717.00
Paypal Balance: $173.96
TOTAL FUNDING SO FAR: $1890.96

Wow. Yesterday we got ten bucks. Today, we got ONE THOUSAND THREE HUNDRED!!!!!!!

Dudes, I am blown away. Sure, a grand of that was from one very generous donor (a big tree by the name of Saint Peter Grant), but we also had our first $150 donor - a user named Sunshine!.

Props to everyone who donated today. Our Kickstarter fund is 20% funded. You're making it happen!

@ KOKingpin: That would rule! That kind of groundswell funding is going to make the biggest difference. If you want to document your efforts, I'm totally down to add that content to the Exclusive DVD or to one of the production updates.

@ Octave: Yes! That's what I'm talking about when I talk about America! (sorry, watched Office Space recently). :)

@ Flowteau: Hahaha. Gosh, I wonder who he was? That would just be icing on the cake to talk to the original John.

Peter Grant is my best friend's dad and he donated so much because he trusts me. If we can get some more Saints like him to drop a few big piles (perhaps cajoled by some of the smash faithful), we will be that much closer to the finish line.

Oh yeah. Almost forgot. Did you guys hear about this guy named Sunshine!? Dude is ****ing ripped. I saw him lift a car with his eyelid the other day. Don't mess with him.

And women can't keep their hands of him.

(I hope Sunshine is a man... or a lesbian).

MORE TO COME!

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
holy jesus ****, $1000??
I'm definitely going to donate to this. Maybe try to get my crew to host some tourneys & donate some of the venue fee.

Octave

Smash Ace
Damn, dude! Shouts to Mr. Grant for being an amazing guy! :)

Also shouts to him making my bank account feel insignificant LOL

Battlecow

Play to Win
You can set up Paypal with a checking account, if you have one of those... Just a normal bank account, pretty much.

Fried Ice Cream

Smash Ace
Make sure you get some Smashers who know their stuff to work with you on the production, so you avoid stuff like pressing the D-pad in closeups of the controller or bracket pictures not making sense! I'm sure anyone would be willing to review it for you if you just sent them what you have.

Great initiative, no paypal, so just donating ideas!

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Wow, in case you didn't check out the kick starter site (I hadn't until now):

A $25 donation gets you a DVD of the whole series.

A $50 donation gets you a special DVD with extra content.

That's freaking awesome. I'll be donating $50 when I get a pay check >_>

Dees

Smash Journeyman
If I donate through pay pal do I still get the bonuses? Stupid question I know, but I want to make sure.

Also the pilot *****.

samox

Smash Journeyman
UPDATE 6: Onward Smashing Soldiers
Kickstarter Balance: $1,867.00
TOTAL FUNDING SO FAR: $2,040.96

The odometer is climbing! Today, thanks to our ONE and only smash donor, Acryte, we're $150 dollars closer to the goal. This guy? This here's the guy. He beats up bears in his sleep with his python ****.

@ MonkUnit: If you can't set up a Paypal account (Battlecow did mention you just need a bank account#), message me at thesmashbrosmovie@gmail.com

@ Fried Ice Cream: You are quite observant - a taunt was initiated using the D pad and the bracket was low rent. For the graphics in the final series, we will have a budget > $0.00 and legions of fact checkers (such as yourself). Keep it coming bruther!

@ Dees: Yes! You do indeed. No worries. :)

@ crush: I don't always ROTFL, but when I do, I do it illegally at crush.

MORE TO COME!

rhan

Smash Hero
I'll definitely be putting 150 towards this once I get my funds back up. <3

I ****ing love this game.

DAlegendarysamus

Smash Lord
Urgent

UPDATE 6: Onward Smashing Soldiers
TOTAL FUNDING SO FAR: $2,040.96

The odometer is climbing! Today, thanks to our ONE and only smash donor, Acryte, we're $150 dollars closer to the goal. This guy? This here's the guy. He beats up bears in his sleep with his python ****.

@ MonkUnit: If you can't set up a Paypal account (Battlecow did mention you just need a bank account#), message me at thesmashbrosmovie@gmail.com

@ Fried Ice Cream: You are quite observant - a taunt was initiated using the D pad and the bracket was low rent. For the graphics in the final series, we will have a budget > $0.00 and legions of fact checkers (such as yourself). Keep it coming bruther!

@ Dees: Yes! You do indeed. No worries. :)

@ crush: I don't always ROTFL, but when I do, I do it illegally at crush.

MORE TO COME!
I would like to know your email address, so i can email you something I would like to suggest.

Thanks,
Wes

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
I'll also donate 40 bucks once I get my pay check and pay off some bills lol

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
Melee is like a little piece of heaven :awesome:

:awesome:A7X puns:awesome:

also BATH > almost easy > afterlife
Crush youre alright. welcome to the family :awesome:

Wow, in case you didn't check out the kick starter site (I hadn't until now):

A $25 donation gets you a DVD of the whole series.

A $50 donation gets you a special DVD with extra content.

That's freaking awesome. I'll be donating $50 when I get a pay check >_>
omfg ty for mentioning this.
i hadnt checked the kickstarter site either and this incentive will definitely make me donate $50 as soon as possible

metroid1117

Smash Master
samox, it's a long way off, but what mailing addresses will you be sending the DVDs to? Could we request to change the address if we'll be moving within the next year or so?

Just wondering cuz I donated $25 :).

samox

Smash Journeyman
UPDATE 7: Will Own Noobs for $$$
TOTAL FUNDING SO FAR: $2,040.96 - UNCHANGED.

Well, looks like we've had our first bad day on the farm. No eggs. No milk. No money.

Believe me, I know you guys are digging deep. Mentally it's tough after two straight days of hardcore funding to go to nothing. For me, having a day like today means that we're not reaching enough people.

Tomorrow is another day though! With hopefully another dollar!

Much love to all you guys putting the big bucks where the heart is.

MORE TO COME!

foshio

Smash Journeyman
Might be worth putting it in the brawl section aswell and maybe on all is brawl. Also COMON ppl you can do better than this!!

Top Bottom