• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"The Smash Brothers" Series: Calling All Collaborators

Mr Wizzrobe

Smash Journeyman
Is it possible to divulge an estimation of how long each episode will take to be released after the series is complete? Will you upload them all as they're finished or as a series?

Wiggins

Smash Ace
Ohai gaiz. You don't know me.

I just started playing smash in '09 and I'm not too keen on my smash history. This video series is going to be one of the best things I've ever put money into. Whenever I can, I'mma put some good money into that paypal of yours, k?

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Kage, the name of the segment is the pc chris revolution, he was bring a smart *** by saying ur the star of the pc revolution.

:phone:

samox

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the donations guys (even the promised future ones). Helps more than you know!

@ Wizzrobe: It has been my intention to release them as they're completed. Given the editing that went into this pilot, I'll make a general stab and say 2-3 months after we capture all the interviews, gather the original file footage and get permissions. Then the first episode comes online <suppressed girlish squeal>.

If we make our Halloween deadline with Kickstarter (the night of October 31st), we'll have enough to cover all the travel. Then, depending on scheduling for interviewing the smashers (and the "InterviewFests"), I'm hoping to be done shooting summer of next year. So first episode probably drops... Halloween 2012 at 8:59:32PM EST exactly.

Oh... and that's a big yes on the Norwalk Challenge. I'm so ready. :)

@ Inty17: That's a promise. If I don't deliver, I'll double down on the Norwalk Challenge. :)

@ Divinokage: Dumb joke. I said "dur... Kage?" in the parentheses because PC's episode has his name in the title... making it a little obvious who the episode revolved around.

Gonna sleep now. Talk to you guys tomorrow!

EDIT: Oh ****. Divinokage = Kage The Warrior! Dude, I started melee on Ganondorf - you make him look so freaking baller!

Okay. Now I can sleep. :)

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
you started a little before me but i would ****in rapeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
you now.

double post. very excite.

Dimitris

Smash Ace
Should plan APEX into your schedule and catch a lot of the big names in one trip..

Divinokage

Smash Legend
@ Divinokage: Dumb joke. I said "dur... Kage?" in the parentheses because PC's episode has his name in the title... making it a little obvious who the episode revolved around.

Gonna sleep now. Talk to you guys tomorrow!

EDIT: Oh ****. Divinokage = Kage The Warrior! Dude, I started melee on Ganondorf - you make him look so freaking baller!

Okay. Now I can sleep. :)
Lol I guess I just enforced the typical warrior by saying that. *sigh* Well.. Thank you, I love Ganon, he's really fun to play as. Punching people and win is a really nice feeling. =)

Palpi

Smash Hero
"Chillin knocked a stock of ken, and then another...AND THEN ANOTEHR?!?!?!?!?!!??!"

Actors were buzz killingtons, but I loved it regardless. Good ****, can't wait.

Anyone notice people using the D-pad when they had the shot of just the game cube controller hahah

Battlecow

Play to Win
I'll donate soon, I promise!

And I don't even play melee. That's how much I love you guys.

Just don't mention brawl. At all. OK?

Roie

Smash Cadet
This is actually sick.
Huge props.
I'll donate.
I wasn't around back then but I have a connection with someone who did work at MLG back then, but I don't know how much he knows about the scene (it could be a lot or it could be nothing)

samox

Smash Journeyman
UPDATE 2 - Electric Boogaloo
Kickstarter Balance: $267.00
Paypal Balance: $158.96
TOTAL FUNDING SO FAR: $425.96

Wow! In just 2 days we have raised enough for at least 2 pro lights and a bunch of gels! Bam.

You guys are GETTING THIS DONE.

Interview news: Korean DJ is totally down. Not only that, he's in the NEXT TOWN OVER. He'll be the first interview. I can probably put a few snippets in the first video update.

@ Dimitris: The Apex staff just got in touch with us. We're definitely coming. :) We want to come to ROM4 as well.

We've inquired for sponsorship from Nintendo (not really holding our breath). Hell - it never hurts to ask.

We're building up steam! We still need to get in contact with PC, M2K, Mango and Isai. If you have their info, please message us or forward the pilot to them.

Thanks a bunch guys! More to come!

Battlecow

Play to Win
Hey- I noticed that on your site, you say "Jose Isai Alvarado" once or twice. It's actually Joel.

No biggie, of course, but it's the kind of thing you want to get right in the documentary.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
UPDATE 2 - Electric Boogaloo
Kickstarter Balance: $267.00
Paypal Balance: $158.96
TOTAL FUNDING SO FAR: $425.96

Wow! In just 2 days we have raised enough for at least 2 pro lights and a bunch of gels! Bam.

You guys are GETTING THIS DONE.

Interview news: Korean DJ is totally down. Not only that, he's in the NEXT TOWN OVER. He'll be the first interview. I can probably put a few snippets in the first video update.

@ Dimitris: The Apex staff just got in touch with us. We're definitely coming. :) We want to come to ROM4 as well.

We've inquired for sponsorship from Nintendo (not really holding our breath). Hell - it never hurts to ask.

We're building up steam! We still need to get in contact with PC, M2K, Mango and Isai. If you have their info, please message us or forward the pilot to them.

Thanks a bunch guys! More to come!
Ohh you guys going to RoM 4? Interesting! =)

Battlecow

Play to Win
Inb4 the surprise is Masahiro Sakurai and six of the best smashers from HAL productions' secret A-team, come to exact a bloody vengeance for the way you've abused their game in the form of a no-wavedashing items-on FFA time tournament, all stages legal. Winner gets a controlling share of Nintendo stock.

Watch the **** out, mango.

Pi

Smash Hero
Inb4 the surprise is Masahiro Sakurai and six of the best smashers from HAL productions' secret A-team, come to exact a bloody vengeance for the way you've abused their game in the form of a no-wavedashing items-on FFA time tournament, all stages legal. Winner gets a controlling share of Nintendo stock.

Watch the **** out, mango.
i think every post ever will be inb4 that lol

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
it would be nice to see my crew from DA in some of the interviews like Wes Dave and KillaOR. :)

Wake

Smash Master
When the bracket was shown at about 13 minutes, it says that Azen had beaten Chillin to get to the winner's finals, but before when they showed the bracket, Chillin and Azen were on completely different sides, and he was on the same side as Isai. That would mean that Isai and Chillin would've had to play since Chillin knocked Ken into loser's. However, if Chillin and Isai played each other, then it wouldn't make sense for Azen to have played both of them in the winner's bracket and then Ken in grand finals....

Am I just missing something? This doesn't seem to make sense :glare:

Zodiac

Smash Master
that was everything I ever wanted in a smash documentary, good job, I've emailed you guys about voice overs, its an area I constantly work in.

samox

Smash Journeyman
UPDATE 3: Picture This
Kickstarter Balance: $417.00
Paypal Balance: 158.96
TOTAL FUNDING SO FAR: $575.96

The donations are much appreciated guys, especially to Kickstarter. The way they work, if we don't make the Oct. 31st deadline with $8,190, NO MONEY CHANGES HANDS. It's a way to protect donors, but it also puts us more under the gun.

We are rolling along at a good clip though. Right now visibility is HUGELY important. I've talked to a few people now about potentially getting tournaments involved in the fundraising, either by splitting pots or simply walking around with a donation jar yelling, "Alms for the poor!".

We are pursuing every line of funding possible. Again, not ruling out the Norwalk Discount. :)

@ Battlecow: Yes. Very yes.

@ Mike G: Hell yes. DA was always going in. Just sent a message to Wes. I'd be stoked to get all you guys in front of the camera. :)

@ the_Cam_factor: If we make the Kickstarter deadline, we'll have our production budget (essentially) taken care of. Then we'll be able to shoot, shoot, shoot, and shoot some more. With any luck, we will have shooted our load by mid-summer of next year (all principle interviews, b-roll shot).

My initial estimates were about 2-3 months editing for a 22 minute episode. HOWEVER. We may make these a tad longer - coming in at more like 30 to 44 minutes each. These are big projects with LOTS of things to consider in each one.

But I know you guys want the best, so I'm not skimping. Either way, you're looking at a year from now - ABSOLUTE EARLIEST.

Now, for your enjoyment, an early incarnation of the timeline I used to chart out some of the biggest events in melee history (lots of props to KishPrime for his Top 25 events in smash history posting).

Top Bottom