• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"The Smash Brothers" Documentary

XKCP

Smash Journeyman
So how many of you guys here on the 64 board have watched it? What did you think of it overall?

I really enjoyed the overall quality of the project and the way it was formatted (mainly one pro player per episode with a beginning and end tacked on). Some of the jokes were pretty great as well, but some of them were a little... excessive?

I particularly enjoyed the portion about Isai, our resident 64 player. I've never knew much about him so it was great to see some history behind the legend. It's my favorite episode by far because of how it covered things that weren't based on tournament smash. Props to Isai for being a part of the project. :)

EDIT: Here is a link for anyone who hasn't seen it yet.
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLoUHkRwnRH-KTCH3tJ9WvsWWPEgUu-y6d

Sedda

Smash Champion
Really enjoyable. The commentary voice was cringe-worthy. I feel like if that was going to be the case, a regular voice would've been just fine. Very well done.
Wish we could've seen more of Armada because of how dominant he was for about 3 years, but overall it was amazing.

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
As someone who generally despises the melee community, I enjoyed watching most of it. Only part I really didn't like was in the beginning of part 1:

"So much moar fluid than 2D fighters"

"Don't have to memorize combos and move inputs to play"

"other fighters 2 complicated, melee ez"

Geez we get it, you love melee. But don't be so ****ing proud to show your ignorance of every other fighting game that exists.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
I really didn't like the voice over. He was like, trying to sophisticated or something, it was weird lol. Other than that the whole thing was pretty professionally done. I wish the interview had included video though.

prisonchild

Smash Ace
besides the voiceover I thought it was kinda weird how that one guy was trying to be a psychologist talking about isai's pain and stuff like that.

other than that I enjoyed episode 3

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
This video is awesome, and some how brought me back here, for a little while anyway.

The video is actually circulating through out the league of legends community now as well :o

The Star King

Smash Hero
stop playing lol noob

Moo2Kang is a qt

Azen super special character diversity = half the 64 community

needs more Amrada

The Star King

Smash Hero
it's destiny

Isai section should have had some choice quotes

<malva·MC> so the spider crawled out and i squashed it with my thumb
<malva·MC> and said "nigga"

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Watched the whole thing (all 9 parts), was pretty cool. There was a good number of people interviewed and it was cool to see so many different perspectives.

I do remember ye olden days when every MLG would be won by Final Boss / Ken / Ken and Isai, but this definitely filled in a lot more information on the tourney scene back then (and even before MLG). It was a bit light on post MLG tournaments - hardly a mention of Genesis for example.

banze

Smash Journeyman
I watched the whole thing to!
Found it very cool ! Very professional, with the interviews and all, the way it was developing and at the same time focusing on players.

aaand, of course, third part was freaking awesome! got a bit emotional at the end, got to confess ! =P

Top Bottom