• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3C Project - PM alts, recolors, and more!

Wing Zero

Smash Apprentice

this is snake. look at him move.

we all move. some of us just look better doing it. snake moves deliberately, powerfully...

...and so does the 2017 Ford Fusion.

the newly designed Fusion is more stunning than ever. with striking features you never even knew you wanted, like the rotary gear shift dial that replaces the traditional gear shifter and makes for a more open cabin. it also makes it easier to reach what's important to you: your morning coffee, for instance. did we mention new Platinum and V6 Sport interiors offer sophisticated style along with impressive performance? Fusion is a car designed to be noticed.

the 2017 Fusion now uses the new EcoBoost® Engine, combining turbocharging, direct injection, and twin independent variable cam timing to enhance performance and efficiency. thoughtfully designed inside and out, the Fusion is a four-door sedan that resists blending in. from an optional power moonroof to an array of available smart technologies, its bold look ignores old notions of what a mid-size sedan is expected to be-- and of course, the 12-speaker Sony audio system is perfect for listening to long codec calls.

GET YOURS TODAY

and here's the snake mod if you want that too i guess

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Without further ado here are those recolours I promised you all...

I hope you all enjoy, perhaps you'll even use some colours you did not request! That is entirely possible now. If you don't see your request then you likely ignored the response I sent to a certain number of those that I did not have the source files to.

In addition, there were three requests for a certain costume that I had actually done some heavy recolour work on. However, I decided to not release these because some of the original texture souces were lost. But this costume does deserve new colours, thus I will be revamping the textures entirely to bring them up to the modern S3 standard. I won't give away what character it is but his name rhymes with Mike, and both his original and alternate costume will see revamps done by me in the (relative) future.

I'm not double posting again so here is a new racer

Motorcycle not included.
Funny you should say this mysterious character's name rhymes with Mike cause that's going to be his announcer call whenever I get around to doing my dumb ayy eff announcer pack thing... (In about 2 years or so...)

we all move. some of us just look better doing it. snake moves deliberately, powerfully...

the newly designed Fusion is more stunning than ever. with striking features you never even knew you wanted, like the rotary gear shift dial that replaces the traditional gear shifter and makes for a more open cabin. it also makes it easier to reach what's important to you: your morning coffee, for instance. did we mention new Platinum and V6 Sport interiors offer sophisticated style along with impressive performance? Fusion is a car designed to be noticed.

the 2017 Fusion now uses the new EcoBoost® Engine, combining turbocharging, direct injection, and twin independent variable cam timing to enhance performance and efficiency. thoughtfully designed inside and out, the Fusion is a four-door sedan that resists blending in. from an optional power moonroof to an array of available smart technologies, its bold look ignores old notions of what a mid-size sedan is expected to be-- and of course, the 12-speaker Sony audio system is perfect for listening to long codec calls.

GET YOURS TODAY

I have never seen an automobile advertisement be so effective...

Last edited:

Darxmarx

Smash Rookie
NNID
DarxMarx
3DS FC
2020-0150-5391

GET YOURS TODAY

Wow, the model and texture work on that 2017 Ford Fusion™ looks great! Great job, Smash 3C!
Snake's cool too I guess

Greyson

Smash Apprentice
Here comes a new challenger... and I hear he's a real glutton for punishment!

The one joining the fray is none other than... Sandbag?! Fine, looks like it's not a newcomer after all... But he's restitched and ready to roll!

Once exclusive to the Smash 3C Lite Pack, Sandbag is now getting an official standalone release.
Beat 'em up, guys!

...But what's a sandbag without something to hit it?

The wooden bat of old has been redesigned with Smash 4's aesthetics. Makes it easier to tell it apart from Ness's, that's for sure!

They'll never see it coming!

With both of these updates in tandem, you're ready to set new Home Run Contest records in style!

Go for broke!

MaybeGerg

Smash Apprentice
hi im greg i have re-release for you

it is old release updated and remastered

it is also now on brawlvault

it still doesnt support additional characters

i made a temp poketrainer image for pm for now

congrats screen werent cancelled they were just delayed

classic mode intros might be updated

please download

grayson theres no puns to make for this leave me alone

Obskore

Smash Ace
hi im greg i have re-release for you

it is old release updated and remastered

it is also now on brawlvault

it still doesnt support additional characters

i made a temp poketrainer image for pm for now

congrats screen werent cancelled they were just delayed

classic mode intros might be updated

please download

grayson theres no puns to make for this leave me alone
classic Greg

MaybeGerg

Smash Apprentice
Who is this "grayson" you speak of?
I don't know. Can we get back to jokes around the word "Classic"? Because this is definitely a Classic Assist Trophy!

Yes, the goggle wearing, cloud-riding turtles of the skies and a seemingly infinite supply of Spiny Eggs (Yes, I searched that) to create Lakitu's personal armies of Spinies! With appearances from both NES and SNES Super Mario Bros. incarnations, you'll be having 4-1 flashbacks. Or not. I never really had an issue with it myself.

Download it now!

MaybeGerg

Smash Apprentice
I was going to post this yesterday but I couldn't because I kept getting calls from potential future bosses. Let's focus on the bosses of now, though!

Master Hand and Crazy hand have been in the Lite Pack for a while, and now... Here they are in all their disembodied glory!
... What, you want some kind of hand pun? Sorry, I really don't have any.

Click the banner to download and catch these hands!
also please dont roast me for double posting, i think these are worth it

Last edited:

SylveonGives

Smash Journeyman
I was going to post this yesterday but I couldn't because I kept getting calls from potential future bosses. Let's focus on the bosses of now, though!

Master Hand and Crazy hand have been in the Lite Pack for a while, and now... Here they are in all their disembodied glory!
... What, you want some kind of hand pun? Sorry, I really don't have any.

Click the banner to download and catch these hands!
also please dont roast me for double posting, i think these are worth it
These will come in handy.

SatoshiKuraVII

Smash Rookie
The last Metroid is in captivity. The galaxy is at peace...

...but bounty hunter Samus Aran never rests.

She's decided to power through the fray with one of her most iconic suits, the Varia Suit from Metroid Prime 2: Echoes and Metroid Prime 3: Corruption!

Included are several recolors based on other suits within the Prime series, including the suits from MP2 Echoes' multiplayer:

See you next mission!

SatoshiKuraVII

Smash Rookie
One of the multiplayer colors from Metroid Prime Hunters. The arm cannon was originally pink on it, but I forewent that for consistency's sake.

Layell

Smash Journeyman

holy moly ravioli

Do you like ROB? Do you like colours? Well join me on a design-o-rama!

This update features NEW HIGHER RES TEXTURES! UPDATED RENDERS!... AND OF COURE RECOLOURS!!!

Recolours for everyone... except for Virtual Boy ROB, recolours were based on actual units sold.

You'll see a ton of cool colours in all of these, Iron Man, The Ancient Minister from Subspace, the the blue/orange colour that was supposed to be for Smash 3 ROB, heck even the Gamecube ROB that was one of my first Smash 3 recolours!

Gee time sure flies... or spins... like a top....

Hope you all enjoy!

Last edited:

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Don't mean to be an demanding *******, but any Switch ROB coming soon?
Please note that the first post of this thread states "This is not a request thread: If you want a Smash 3C mod, make it! Again, our Discord is helpful to anyone creating content!"
I can appreciate the reasoning behind the rule. The emphasis is on helping you help yourself.
I'll assume you weren't aware and let you off with a verbal warning, otherwise posts like this could count as spam.

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman

holy moly ravioli

This update features NEW HIGHER RES TEXTURES! UPDATED RENDERS!... AND OF COURE RECOLOURS!!!

Recolours for everyone... except for Virtual Boy ROB, recolours were based on actual units sold.

You'll see a ton of cool colours in all of these, Iron Man, The Ancient Minister from Subspace, the the blue/orange colour that was supposed to be for Smash 3 ROB, heck even the Gamecube ROB that was one of my first Smash 3 recolours!

Hope you all enjoy!
I was hoping that ROB's alts were gonna get a recolor pack. Now I can get rid of some of my janky recolors.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord

holy moly ravioli

Hope you all enjoy!
Yaaaasssssssssss. When I add those extra Kart ROBs to my build I'm gonna see if I can't get an edited .pac file to work so that they all use item boxes instead of Gyros. If it works, I'll post it here. (It'll be for a 5/5 costume split, and when the 20-costume code is done I'll make one again)

Obskore

Smash Ace
Yaaaasssssssssss. When I add those extra Kart ROBs to my build I'm gonna see if I can't get an edited .pac file to work so that they all use item boxes instead of Gyros. If it works, I'll post it here. (It'll be for a 5/5 costume split, and when the 20-costume code is done I'll make one again)
the gyro is in ROB's costume file, so no worry
now, kart smoke effects, that's what you'll need to modify in the PSA file

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
the gyro is in ROB's costume file, so no worry
now, kart smoke effects, that's what you'll need to modify in the PSA file
Gotcha. I'll be looking out for that whenever I get around to it. I organized the recolors I'm using for my build. Now to find the time to edit the PSA.

MaybeGerg

Smash Apprentice
Man, Layell, you really topped it with these ROBs.

You'd need a really big robot to top--

Oh.

Yes, that's right! The big purple boss himself is finally here!

This behemoth of a bot is ready to go immediately! And I'm actually kind of tired and I feel bad for overshadowing ROB, but I think you can forgive me PLEASE FORGIVE ME LAYELL...

Let's get ready to ride!

ImmaXehanort

Smash Rookie
Excuse me. How would I go about installing the lite pack through add ons? I already have regular Project M 3.6 downloaded. What do I type for the info.xml?

If that's too difficult, what do I copy in paste into project m folder from the Smash 3C - The Lite Pack v1.2.1 I downloaded? Trying to put in all the costumes and the 10 extra slots.

Edit: You can ignore this now.

Last edited:

Layell

Smash Journeyman
Have you ever played Brawl and wanted the Pokemon Trainer to have a more interesting set of colours?

Maybe you wanted all brown?

Perhaps an eclectic blue set?

Gold, Silver, Bronze? Sure why not that!

Anything is possible with this new pack!
(actually I don't even know if these alts work in brawl due to file sizes please don't kill me)

This pack comes with some new Pokemon Trainer colours, as well as the ability to mix and match any combination you desire. You can have them all in brawl now!

Charizard's colour expansion has now also been given a brown colour, brining each of the Poketrio's colour expansions up to six.

This post has been sponsored by Kaz Miller

Last edited:

CraptainFalcon

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1221-1779-3703

Although not in the OP, This is something I've been working on for about 5 months. Please Please PLEASE, use the required FitMotionEtc in the downloads. You get disgusting results without it.

Don't say I didn't warn you

EDIT: I made the OP. Life's great

Last edited:

Layell

Smash Journeyman
The sweet post above mine
What are you talking about man, didn't you see??? Cloud has been in the original post for a while now!

heck he's even in multiple banners if you really look hard enough!

(no but seriously Cloud is in the OP)

EDIT: To encourage more users here to try texturing I have released three PSDs made by me. There is still a huge amount of cool models that need to be textured, and we have a great group of people to offer advice and help on our discord. Feel free to look at these PSDs as a reference for how I approach texturing.

Who knows what you could build next? How about a cool alt like Builder Mario!

Mario has been a plumber, doctor, platformer, golfer, karter, and now a builder! Use him to build up your four stock games.

Builder Mario is also a great help when making brawl stages as well, he has shiny new material effects on his helmet, hammer, as well as the effects Smash 3 had on his overalls and shoes!

Just don't fight on which slots to put him in...

Last edited:

MaybeGerg

Smash Apprentice
Close..they dont have Smash3c Roy/Ike ..@_@; looking mainly for the 3c ones..
Ah, got it. They likely haven't been done yet, but I don't really know when they will be ready to go. Basically, keep yours eyes open for them.

MaybeGerg

Smash Apprentice
isn't there a google drive dump with all full portraits for Smash 3C? he could whip up CSPs and stuff with them
Probably, but there's frequently more to it than that from what I've picked up on. That being said, the Discord does have a channel where people can offer to help out with Smash 3 HD. I'd recommend that you take a look there, Szion Szion .

Greyson

Smash Apprentice
As you may have heard, a fan favorite will not return to the next Awesome Games Done Quick charity event. Good thing Super Metroid will always have a place here in Smash 3C.

You can save the animals or save the frames with 9 additional alternates, too!

Topical updates are the best kind, right?

Right?

pls respond

Layell

Smash Journeyman
It's Morphing Time!

Ike has morphed from his previous textures into a fully revamped (Power) Ranger Ike. I went back to the original Smash 3 release, and revamped those textures to HD and brought them up to the current standard of texture quality. Many of these textures are also double the size of the original Brawl textures. Ike is beefy in filesize and muscle!

This Ike costume is also the only Ranger Ike out there with one special feature too...

Yes that's right... Ike finally has fingernails! Special thanks to Large Leader/Colonel for actually doing what started out as a joke because one of the Ike textures had so much empty texture space. You really nailed it!

Enough of the puns... here are ten costumes!

But what is a Power Ranger without a mid-season armor upgrade?

Armored Ike is back, his armor getting a full modern Smash 3 metal update to keep him looking fresh as ever. Larger textures as well, along with 10 decked out colours to choose from! Fight for your friends while dressing in the colours of their armor!

When you're decked out in this much armor though you really do need fingered gloves for the full protection!

Hope you enjoy!

OscarJerico

Smash Rookie

Armored Ike is back, his armor getting a full modern Smash 3 metal update to keep him looking fresh as ever. Larger textures as well, along with 10 decked out colours to choose from! Fight for your friends while dressing in the colours of their armor!

When you're decked out in this much armor though you really do need fingered gloves for the full protection!

Hope you enjoy!
AAAAAAAAAHH! I CAN'T BREATHE

Top Bottom