• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3C Project - PM alts, recolors, and more!

Yeheah

Smash Cadet
ledgerewskie ledgerewskie The problems of the pause images can be repaired, need some time but is not difficult. But testing of this i find other bug :sick:: In pause, do a photo with the Wii cause freeze (i think it would be possible because you says that delete components in file info.pac that maybe linked with the images of appear when the Wii do a selfies).

Yeheah

Smash Cadet
ledgerewskie ledgerewskie The problems of the pause images can be repaired, need some time but is not difficult. But testing of this i find other bug :sick:: In pause, do a photo with the Wii cause freeze (i think it would be possible because you says that delete components in file info.pac that maybe linked with the images of appear when the Wii do a selfies).
I should stop looking for errors in the game, I am being very asshole :'D

Last edited:

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
All right, I'll work on fixing screenshots for the next update, and I've fixed that Dedede and Olimar portrait issue, thanks.

FalconRPG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
F4LC0NPUNCH111
3DS FC
4141-2695-8953
Switch FC
SW-0822-1850-3326
ledgerewskie ledgerewskie Glad you know about the issue. For the next updated release, could you include a codeset text file for convenience?

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
Ledge, the stock icons in sc_selmap_en->MiscData40 are completely unchanged.
sc_selmap isn't included in the pack. That would destroy the modular aspect of the pack if it were, and like Cynapse said, they don't even show up in 3.6.

ledgerewskie ledgerewskie Glad you know about the issue. For the next updated release, could you include a codeset text file for convenience?
It was just done with the cbliss tool. The tool takes just a few seconds to enable 10 costumes for everyone, and no longer than five minutes to go through and add Team colors to the characters you want.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
I'm curious, so I'm gonna just throw a couple of questions out there.

1) Any plans to do the Smash 3 makeover for stages?

2) Any plans to do the Smash 3 makeover for custom packs? Specifically the just-released Legacy XP pack?

FalconRPG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
F4LC0NPUNCH111
3DS FC
4141-2695-8953
Switch FC
SW-0822-1850-3326

2) Any plans to do the Smash 3 makeover for custom packs? Specifically the just-released Legacy XP pack?
#2's gonna be a busy one.

Last edited:

DekZek

Smash Journeyman

I think they said no to 1, because the differences between Brawl and Sm4sh style stages are extremely minor. If you have OCD that bad, use the Smash 4 stage imports on Brawl Vault.

Sliquify_Cheeze

Smash Cadet
Can anyone tell me, if I went ahead and deleted all the "extra" character CSPs/BPs/Stock icons (e.g. Waluigi), would that do anything to my game? I'm pretty confident it won't, but I'm slightly OCD and like my builds as clean as possible.

Last edited:

Cynapse

Smash Ace

1) No, except that Scout has mentioned wanting to do just one.

2) Interest is the LXP crew is minimal if not nonexistent.
I'mma just leave this here...
O hai Mach!

Layell

Smash Journeyman

1) Stages are for the most part fine as is, hard to really change anything + effort

2) Legacy XP barely optimized anything for its own pack (hi smash 4 stages), so I am not sure why we would optimize an add-on for that. Someone is free to set that up though.

Don't mind me, just the color expansion train rolling through again!

Previews: http://imgur.com/a/Xhmev
Renders: http://imgur.com/a/GizhX

Felt like Mewtwo's armor was looking a bit plain, are we edgy enough now? All kidding aside, who wouldn't want to don the cutting edge of high-tech villainous team-based fashion?! All of Mewtwo's previous armor recolors are featured, as well as a redone Rocket Armor and the new Shadow Armor. Take them out for a spin!

Last edited:

Mimimax

Smash Rookie
I've been running into this issue where the Character select screen is completely empty. I have Waluigi and Pig Ganon in the build (with the Pig Ganon expansion .gct)

Last edited:

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
I've been running into this issue where the Character select screen is completely empty. I have Waluigi and Pig Ganon in the build (with the Pig Ganon expansion .gct)
How did you have Pig Ganon working in BrawlEx? Either way, the optional gct is stated to be for 3.6 only - that doesn't include BrawlEx, that really means 3.6.

Last edited:

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman
How did you have Pig Ganon working in BrawlEx? Either way, the optional gct is stated to be for 3.6 only - that doesn't include BrawlEx, that really means 3.6.
In Legacy XP Pig Ganon is there so its possible to get that working I suppose

TheOneTrueNail

Smash Rookie
Don't know if anyone else has reported this, but it seems that activating a Metal Box with Gi Lucario crashes the game.

Chag0

Smash Cadet
Is it possible to mix the Smash 3 and Smash 3C CSS? I tried exporting and then replacing the char_bust_tex and MiscData90 from the Lite pack into the Smash 3 CSS, but it didnt work...

Layell

Smash Journeyman
In efforts to fix artifact problems, Brawl Samus 2 now has fixed stocks.

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
Don't know if anyone else has reported this, but it seems that activating a Metal Box with Gi Lucario crashes the game.
Thanks for the report. I tried updating it but my metals are kind of borked. It should at least not crash for now. If someone can fix it, please post it on discord.

Is it possible to mix the Smash 3 and Smash 3C CSS? I tried exporting and then replacing the char_bust_tex and MiscData90 from the Lite pack into the Smash 3 CSS, but it didnt work...
"it didn't work" is kind of vague, so I can't help you without any more specifics. That would work if you did it properly, however.

Hey wait a minute - is that Santa?!

It is!!

And he's here to kick some asses!

We've been working on a huge Snake update, and Santa Snake will be just a small part of it. Look out for the update soon!

FalconRPG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
F4LC0NPUNCH111
3DS FC
4141-2695-8953
Switch FC
SW-0822-1850-3326
Thanks for the report. I tried updating it but my metals are kind of borked. It should at least not crash for now. If someone can fix it, please post it on discord.

"it didn't work" is kind of vague, so I can't help you without any more specifics. That would work if you did it properly, however.

Hey wait a minute - is that Santa?!

It is!!

And he's here to kick some *****!

We've been working on a huge Snake update, and Santa Snake will be just a small part of it. Look out for the update soon!
I didn't know you were ahead of the shopping corporation.

Shren

Smash Journeyman
I managed to do so.

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
I showed you one of Big Boss's new camos yesterday, so now I'll show you the improvements to Solid Snake!

I was never fully happy with Solid's face last time, which is largely why Naked Snake's face continued to be included as an alternative, but now his face has been totally retextured! His boots have received a needed redo as well. Not only that, but compression on both his face and hair have been improved, and his hair is now thicker and better-shaped than vBrawl. And of course, new specs for his suit and gear.

And I'll show you all one more thing for today! Snake's MGS1 gear returns, thanks to AlGeorgeRomo's improved model from Brawl Minus 4.0. But this model has some improvements of its own, including better compression on his chest, and added hair on the back of his head. Oh baby!

Mach 7.6

Smash Rookie
I showed you one of Big Boss's new camos yesterday, so now I'll show you the improvements to Solid Snake!

I was never fully happy with Solid's face last time, which is largely why Naked Snake's face continued to be included as an alternative, but now his face has been totally retextured! His boots have received a needed redo as well. Not only that, but compression on both his face and hair have been improved, and his hair is now thicker and better-shaped than vBrawl. And of course, new specs for his suit and gear.

And I'll show you all one more thing for today! Snake's MGS1 gear returns, thanks to AlGeorgeRomo's improved model from Brawl Minus 4.0. But this model has some improvements of its own, including better compression on his chest, and added hair on the back of his head. Oh baby!

i liek dis

i liek dis a lot

now do pantsless marth lol

Last edited:

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
Help~ My green hill won't load the enkei files so the background only has a sky and water~
Do you have the wrong thread?

This thread is for Snake updates!!

The Big Boss Recolors aren't limited to entirely new camouflages, but also include face paints for nearly every existing camo!

And while the MGS1 costume I showed you yesterday will be included as an alt in the Solid Snake download, the Big Boss pack will include his MPO outfit! He has been updated with the new Smash 3 gear, face, and hair, and of course the new specs. The previous version of the costume had some of his textures reduced for filesize, but because of re-UV'ing, that is no longer the case.

Looks like he needs to stick that landing better, though.

Last edited:

Sliquify_Cheeze

Smash Cadet
Hey Ledge, if we got rid of the stocks of the Forbidden 3, Ridley and/or Waluigi (and their CSPs if needed), would that give us the necessary space to fix up the pause menu icons?

Top Bottom