• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3C Project - PM alts, recolors, and more!

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman

We just can't help but feel that Wario must've been pretty jealous about Luigi's day, so it's time we honor Wario with a day of his own!

First off are recolors for Classic Wario! If you know anything about modding Wario in Brawl, you know that his classic costumes don't work over a WarioWare slot, but we've ported models so that these recolors work on any slot! You can mix and match, make room for alts that you couldn't fit in before, or even go with 12 Classic slots!

If that's not enough recolors for you, how about some for Wario Land costumes? Wario's bullcap and safari hats now sport every Brawl color, and there's even a new frozen costume for Wario. So chilly!

Maybe you like using Wario, but you just NEED to see him flexing ALL THE TIME! Well check out this CSP pack! Give Biker Wario the alternate Classic pose! Oh baby!

Oh you wanted more Wario goodness? How about some Wario Man love? He's been updated with nice new shaders and some new stock icons, even though they don't show up in Project M 3.6! So cool! These are also included in the Smash 3 pack, but here's an individual download!

Synchronized toots:

Last edited:

VIRTUAL BOY

Smash Apprentice
Thanks! These look awesome! Will the updated wario land costumes now work over any slot?

Edit: Ah I see in the download on the vault that its classic only... my bad

Last edited:

Obskore

Smash Ace
the alternate Biker Wario is missing the alt pose for the stock icons

edit: to add to this, i noticed some other Smash 3C characters, despite being updated with the new Smash 3 materials and shaders, they lack the new styled stock icons but still have Brawl-styled stocks, such are the following:

• Fusion Samus
  • all ROB alts
  • Sonic's PM semi-alts (and their corresponding run trails)
  • Dry Bowser and Dry Giga Bowser
  • Samurai Dedede
  • OoT Ganon has no stocks at all
  • OoT Link
  • Gi Lucario
  • Commander Lucas
  • PM Doctor Mario
  • Holy War Marth
also, i noticed that that new Smash 3C Wario has a new material on his nose, and appears to have it on both biker and classic costumes (by looking at the alt biker CSPs preview card).
BUT, the official Smash 3 Wario doesn't have that material, and still, his download has the same costume files from almost 2 years ago
btw i checked the default Classic Wario model from your recolor pack in Brawl Box (to see the difference in materials and textures) and it gives a couple of errors about unused "texture matrices"

edit 2:
oh i got ninja'd about Commander Lucas's stocks while making the first edit so nvm

Last edited:

Aghanim

Smash Apprentice
Hopefully an update will fix that.
Thanks for the report we have updated our smash 3 link for commander lucas, everything should work fine

As a bonus we added smash 3 styled stock icons:

Masked man has got updated red lights on the cannon too!

Redownload him now. Let me know if the FS problem still persists (tested on dolphin and not on the wii)

Last edited:

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the report we have updated our smash 3 link for commander lucas, everything should work fine

As a bonus we added smash 3 styled stock icons:

Masked man has got updated red lights on the cannon too!

Redownload him now. Let me know if the FS problem still persists (tested on dolphin and not on the wii)
does he also have any updates that the smash 3 team might have made to lucas?

Aghanim

Smash Apprentice
smash 3 team didn't made any shader updates to lucas, he only got some smash 4 added recolors

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
the alternate Biker Wario is missing the alt pose for the stock icons

edit: to add to this, i noticed some other Smash 3C characters, despite being updated with the new Smash 3 materials and shaders, they lack the new styled stock icons but still have Brawl-styled stocks, such are the following:

• Fusion Samus
  • all ROB alts
  • Sonic's PM semi-alts (and their corresponding run trails)
  • Dry Bowser and Dry Giga Bowser
  • Samurai Dedede
  • OoT Ganon has no stocks at all
  • OoT Link
  • Gi Lucario
  • Commander Lucas
  • PM Doctor Mario
  • Holy War Marth
also, i noticed that that new Smash 3C Wario has a new material on his nose, and appears to have it on both biker and classic costumes (by looking at the alt biker CSPs preview card).
BUT, the official Smash 3 Wario doesn't have that material, and still, his download has the same costume files from almost 2 years ago
btw i checked the default Classic Wario model from your recolor pack in Brawl Box (to see the difference in materials and textures) and it gives a couple of errors about unused "texture matrices"

edit 2:
oh i got ninja'd about Commander Lucas's stocks while making the first edit so nvm
We haven't updated any of those since the Smash 3 release. And the Smash 3 Wario looks to be updated properly as of a week ago. I know that BrawlBox throws errors, but it works fine in-game.

Last edited:

Aghanim

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure that the current smash 3 wario has that nose spec as I updated the smash 3 wario shaders myself; I bet you didn't downloaded the updated one from the smash 3 thread.

Last edited:

TheSpiderlok1212

Smash Rookie
Okay so I already asked about this but. would it be possible to apply an already made spec map to a model that doesn't have a spec map In Brawlbox?

UltimateHylian

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yorch2296
3DS FC
1650-2285-2395
I recently downloaded Giga Bowser's CSPs pack and he doesn't include the ones for the Morton costume D:

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
I finally got around to rendering Pichu, just gotta make the recolors now and do some screenshots
Should I switch the lighting? All the other Pokemon have the key-light on the right side or does it not matter?

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
I finally got around to rendering Pichu, just gotta make the recolors now and do some screenshots
Should I switch the lighting? All the other Pokemon have the key-light on the right side or does it not matter?
You should choose the lighting based on the character you're doing, but the lighting is really harsh. It's so bright that he's become flat. On another note, Pichu was my main in Brawl! Loved playing him in Brawl all the time.

D

Deleted member

On another note, Pichu was my main in Brawl! Loved playing him in Brawl all the time.
Same here. Pichu was such a deep character, with many little things that, when added up, created a character that was a joy to play. I still have a replay of me destroying my friend who mained MK as Pichu. Good times.

skylanderszach

Smash Cadet
Can anyone help? I have completed my Smash 3C Daisy. It looks fine in Brawl Box, but when I load it in game, the models head just explodes. I used the Smash 3 Peach's Daisy dress and just imported the head from another model. The only problem is that the head explodes into millions of pieces, but everything else is fine.

Smash John

Smash Apprentice
Last edited:

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
Can anyone help? I have completed my Smash 3C Daisy. It looks fine in Brawl Box, but when I load it in game, the models head just explodes. I used the Smash 3 Peach's Daisy dress and just imported the head from another model. The only problem is that the head explodes into millions of pieces, but everything else is fine.
Try posting about it in the discord we have! Speaking of the discord, part of the next update got finished because of it! So let's get to it!

First up is Mewtwo! His Project M model has been updated with the new shaders and new textures from the Smash 3 team, as well as updated renders, CSPs and stocks, of course. You may have noticed that the new Smash 3 Mewtwo is missing his armored alt, and so is this Mewtwo! Why, you ask? Because, okay?!

Oh yeah, that's why! Armored Mewtwo returns with new Smash 3 shaders and a ton of recolors! Thanks to everyone who helped out on the Discord for this one. We got ten full recolors thanks to community efforts! Hey - if that 20 slot code ever comes out, you can use as many as you want! Both Smash 3 and Project M models are included, of course.

But that's not all!! Through the magic of fiddling with BrawlBox, Mewtwo's armor has been PUSHED TO THE LIMITS. All armors sport double-sized textures (or superior RGBA8 compression for black armors - yes, I know the filesizes are different sizes and that's why), so just check out that juicy high resolution goodness!

How about even more Mewtwo?! It's Shadow Mewtwo! I guess he's from Pokken or something! I don't know! Have fun!

Last edited:

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
Try posting about it in the discord we have! Speaking of the discord, part of the next update got finished because of it! So let's get to it!

First up is Mewtwo! His Project M model has been updated with the new shaders and new textures from the Smash 3 team, as well as updated renders, CSPs and stocks, of course. You may have noticed that the new Smash 3 Mewtwo is missing his armored alt, and so is this Mewtwo! Why, you ask? Because, okay?!

Oh yeah, that's why! Armored Mewtwo returns with new Smash 3 shaders and a ton of recolors! Thanks to everyone who helped out on the Discord for this one. We got ten full recolors thanks to community efforts! Hey - if that 20 slot code ever comes out, you can use as many as you want! Both Smash 3 and Project M models are included, of course.

But that's not all!! Through the magic of fiddling with BrawlBox, Mewtwo's armor has been PUSHED TO THE LIMITS. All armors sport double-sized textures (or superior RGBA8 compression for black armors - yes, I know the filesizes are different sizes and that's why), so just check out that juicy high resolution goodness!

How about even more Mewtwo?! It's Shadow Mewtwo! I guess he's from Pokken or something! I don't know! Have fun!

YEY!!!

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
Thanks again to those who chipped in for the Mewtwo recolors. We hope to do more things like this with the discord soon. Like right now! If anyone has some sicknasty Pikachu hats they want to retexture, show them off in the discord and they may be included in a later update. Am I doing it right? Is this how you promote discords?

Also, here's what happens when I try to import things and why I ask Aghanim to do it instead.

Last edited:

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
You should choose the lighting based on the character you're doing, but the lighting is really harsh. It's so bright that he's become flat. On another note, Pichu was my main in Brawl! Loved playing him in Brawl all the time.
Yeah, the lighting is harsh looking at it again, but as I re-render it it looks even more flat. Also, I put the name "Brawl Pichu" because "Pichu" felt empty on the thumbnail and because it is Nano's Brawl Pichu, but I'll change it to plain Pichu.

Last edited:

QuickLava

Smash Journeyman
So, guys, I did a thing. A thing I'm only mildly proud of, but a thing that will have to do for now. I could make recolors of the thing if people like the thing. Since I'm a nice guy, I'll even let you play with the thing.

Link to the thing: https://www.mediafire.com/?4bq3x138265eqyc
Previews of the thing: http://imgur.com/a/AVBdM

Edit: Also, I haven't tested this thing on console yet, only in Dolphin. So I mean... if anyone would be down to do that for me... that'd be sweet.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Daaaaaaaaaaamn. Guess I'll have to add Mewtwo to my Minus build sooner. Those Armored Mewtwo recolors are fancy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Layell

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to just say that the Shadow Mewtwo alt came together really quickly and is really cool. It's partly the reason we decided we had to get these bad boys out today, instead of whatever the heck we were going to release. If someone ever gets PM model Shadow Mewtwo working as well then you can expect an update.

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman

It's National Peach Day in just a few weeks, but we're celebrating it early with the tastiest Peach around.

First up is Pink Gold Peach! This is just a restoration of a Project M's easter egg, which gives Peach a pink gold shine when she picks up a metal box. A new metal texture has been added to better match the Smash 3 metal. Definitely cool, but we all want to see some skin, am I right?!

Oh baby! Peach is sizzling in her Fire Peach costume! This is her Project M alt with updated shaders and Smash 3 textures. Now that's one Peach I'd Smash any day.

Oh what's this? More Peachy goodness? It's Peach's Paper Mario-inspired alt from Project M! Fully re-textured with everything you'd expect, not to mention some nice recolors for a second set of team colors!

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
Why Dark Peach no have the red eyes? And why is there HD stuff in the downloads lately?
A man named Taiko once told me that consistency is more important than fun. I embrace that wisdom. Besides, she's cuter this way.

I make the HD versions for Layell when I remember too, and I just stopped removing them from the download is all.

Top Bottom