• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3C Project - PM alts, recolors, and more!

Cahalan

Smash Ace
The PM Cast's icons are finished! (The main thing holding me back was PM Roy's Render)
PM.png

This is what a tourney version of Smash 3 would look like for PM. Note Brawl Samus and SJS ZSS for example.

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
OH ****. IT'S CHARIZARD!

HE'S GOT A BUNCH OF COLORS. RE-TEXTURED WITH NEW SHADERS HOLY **** HE IS SOOO AWESOME

OH MY GOD WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?

DOWNLOAD HIM!

DOWNLOAD HIM RIGHT NOW!!!!

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman
There isn't a PM pose for shiny charizard, there are instead 2 PM poses for Mega Charizard
Also why are there repeat files?

MaybeGerg

Smash Apprentice
Was gonna ask this in the S3C Discord, but the link's expired. Anyway, what S3 & S3C characters use their Brawl models? It's so I can work on trophies so I can be somewhat useful.

Obskore

Smash Ace
Was gonna ask this in the S3C Discord, but the link's expired. Anyway, what S3 & S3C characters use their Brawl models? It's so I can work on trophies so I can be somewhat useful.
Smash 3C Brawl Samus, Smash 3C Brawl Snake, Smash 3C Brawl Pikachu, Smash 3C Jigglypuff, Smash 3C Brawl ZSS, Smash 3C Brawl Ike
... uuh, or you could just look at the first post lol

MaybeGerg

Smash Apprentice
Smash 3C Brawl Samus, Smash 3C Brawl Snake, Smash 3C Brawl Pikachu, Smash 3C Jigglypuff, Smash 3C Brawl ZSS, Smash 3C Brawl Ike
... uuh, or you could just look at the first post lol
So all of those are the exact same as their Brawl models? Also, I was asking what of the main Smash 3 characters have the exact same models.

Jigglypoof21

Smash Cadet
oh, probably pikachu, wario, sheik, zelda, wolf, falco, fox, ganondorf, diddy, DK and the poketrio
Yes, i think S3 Pikachu uses the Brawl model, but it has been quite modified from the original, being skinnier and having completely different texture mapping. You can still make a thophy for S3C Brawl Pikachu though, as it has the regular Brawl model.

Also, Charizard's 2nd alt (the black one) has no PM CSP, instead having a dulicate of the Mega PM CSP.

Layell

Smash Journeyman
Yes, i think S3 Pikachu uses the Brawl model, but it has been quite modified from the original, being skinnier and having completely different texture mapping. You can still make a thophy for S3C Brawl Pikachu though, as it has the regular Brawl model.

Also, Charizard's 2nd alt (the black one) has no PM CSP, instead having a dulicate of the Mega PM CSP.
S3 Pikachu aside from the material changes is Brawl Pika, unless you somehow got the scrapped one they were trying to fix in your download.

Fixed Zard, should be good now.

Jigglypoof21

Smash Cadet
S3 Pikachu aside from the material changes is Brawl Pika, unless you somehow got the scrapped one they were trying to fix in your download.
Yeah, I had the scrapped model in my download. I thought that model looked funny anyway. So I guess there isn't much point in having Smash 3C Brawl Pika anymore except for the cool costumes in there (Swimmer Cap was my favourite).

Layell

Smash Journeyman
So I guess there isn't much point in having Smash 3C Brawl Pika anymore except for the cool costumes in there (Swimmer Cap was my favourite).
Well all the hat models on our Brawl Pika are from Brawl/PM, and the S3 ones are custom/s4 imports (if I am correct).

In any case.. maybe it will be updated soon (later)

Shren

Smash Journeyman
Well all the hat models on our Brawl Pika are from Brawl/PM, and the S3 ones are custom/s4 imports (if I am correct).

In any case.. maybe it will be updated soon (later)
Hopefully Fairy and Bandanna Puff too? It was weird that weren't made for the smash 3 puff ball.

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman

I miss the year of Luigi. The games, special appearances, inappropriate cosplay and limited edition handhelds were a wet dream come true for Luigi fans such as myself. In tribute to one of the best (and best-looking) video game characters of all time, we're bringing it back, for one day only. It is unofficially the Day of Luigi!

Wow! A Tasty update to Mr. L, with new shaders, new CSPs, and working final smash eyes! The screenshots are out of date (Luigi deserves so much better, I know), but take a look at the new render included!

Luigi may bust my nuts but he can't bust ghosts without his POLTERGUST! It's just like you're playing my favorite game ever, Luigi's Mansion! Too bad you can't actually suck up ghosts, but hey it's a great mod for all of us hyped by that great new Ghostbusters film!!

Don't be scared, Weegee, I'll protect you!

My dorky cutie~~

Last edited:

Jigglypoof21

Smash Cadet
For the "Fire" recolor, the PM pose CSP doesn't match the costume (or the S3 pose). Specifically, the area around the L is black on the costume, but white in the PM pose portraits.

Edit: All clear now! Thanks for noticing. Please redownload if you use the PM pose portraits as you might find a nice surprise inside!

Last edited:
Know you guys are hard at work (or mostly retired), super appreciate it, the last couple days have been a dream for me!

That said, I have a list of every costume that is missing renders in the Dropbox. Completely realize that some of these will be getting debuts soon, but the ones that are done and ready, could you please upload them to the Dropbox?

Fox - Melee
Mr. L
Poltergust Luigi
Bowser - Rookie
Yoshi - Boshi
Wario - Warioman
Rob - Mario Kart
Rob - Virtual
Rob - Wii
Zelda - Toon
Ness - PJ
Ness - Ninten
Lucas - Commander
Marth - Brawl
Marth - Holy War
Ike - Ranger
Ike - Armored
Meta Knight - Butterfly
Dedede - Shogun
Dedede - Shadow
Wolf - Pirate
Wolf - Melee
Charizard - Armored
Squirtle - Shinobi
Lucario - Gi
Lucario - Mega
Sonic - Jet Set

Obskore

Smash Ace
sorry for the kind of off-topic question, but does anyone know if there's an info.pac / HUD layout manager tool to preview how the things look like (such as BPs, timer and damage font) mid-match?

Layell

Smash Journeyman
I've added a ton of renders, will see to adding more in the near future

like this post if you have enjoyed daily updates so far.

Greyson

Smash Apprentice
Will Holy War Marth be updated as well? Considering that his metals are glitched out and Smash 3 Marth was released recently, it seems like it would be a great time for an update.

Also, could Layell's renders be added to the OP? It'd be nice if they could be found easily.

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
Will Holy War Marth be updated as well? Considering that his metals are glitched out and Smash 3 Marth was released recently, it seems like it would be a great time for an update.

Also, could Layell's renders be added to the OP? It'd be nice if they could be found easily.
They're already in the OP. Check the second post.

Mach5Mike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mach5Mike
I've added a ton of renders, will see to adding more in the near future

like this post if you have enjoyed daily updates so far.
Absolutely loving the newly uploaded renders and all of the recent updates, especially today's Luigi-centric post, thanks again for everything you guys do and keep up the great work :D

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
EEEEEEEEEEIIIYAAAH!!!!

It's Roy! And oh my, he is looking good. Roy has ditched his oversized boots and grown into a handsome young man. Sorry Luigi, I've got a new crush main. This custom model was actually planned for release by the Smash 3 team before they switched to the Smash Wii U model. They spent an incredible amount of time and effort on him, and it really shows. As you'd expect, it comes with recolors for all ten slots, so what are you waiting for?! Download him already!

Obskore

Smash Ace
holy ****, i honestly now feel like i can't choose between this and Smash 3 Roy, and i wanna save 4 slots for awakening Roy recolors, help me

also, the sword flare doesn't match with the shape of his new sword, just in case

Aghanim

Smash Apprentice

This custom roy model it's using a custom sword based on his smash 4 appearance. The sword trail looks fine during the gameplay and still matches up with the vanilla fitroy.pac; I would suggest to try to use the fitroy.pac included in the zip and see if it fixes it

Obskore

Smash Ace

This custom roy model it's using a custom sword based on his smash 4 appearance. The sword trail looks fine during the gameplay and still matches up with the vanilla fitroy.pac; I would suggest to try to use the fitroy.pac included in the zip and see if it fixes it
what i meant was the GLOWING sword flare model thing, it doesn't match with his new sword's shape
dat retro Marth tho
also, Classic Roy (transparent) renders when?

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
EEEEEEEEEEIIIYAAAH!!!!

It's Roy! And oh my, he is looking good. Roy has ditched his oversized boots and grown into a handsome young man. Sorry Luigi, I've got a new crush main. This custom model was actually planned for release by the Smash 3 team before they switched to the Smash Wii U model. They spent an incredible amount of time and effort on him, and it really shows. As you'd expect, it comes with recolors for all ten slots, so what are you waiting for?! Download him already!

YYYYYYYYYYEEEEESSSSS

D

Deleted member

EEEEEEEEEEIIIYAAAH!!!!

Call me James Hetfield

Cause YEAHEAH

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
EEEEEEEEEEIIIYAAAH!!!!

MY BOY, YESSSSSS.

Mach5Mike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mach5Mike
EEEEEEEEEEIIIYAAAH!!!!

Wow, this Roy looks absolutely perfect; his armor, color scheme and proportions are very faithful to his original Binding Blade design, and I'm so glad that it didn't get left on the cutting room floor. Another masterpiece courtesy of the Smash 3 and Smash 3C teams, thanks and great work as always!

Now just which Roy do I want to have in my build? It's one of those nice problems to have because all of your options are equally good :D

Shren

Smash Journeyman
Now just which Roy do I want to have in my build? It's one of those nice problems to have because all of your options are equally good :D
I got all three plus Awakening on my build :p (Now all I have to do is wait for Smash 3C version of Awakening and many others)

Greyson

Smash Apprentice
Currently, there's a small visual problem with S3C Commander Lucas when he obtains a smash ball.

Top Bottom