• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3C Project - PM alts, recolors, and more!

DekZek

Smash Journeyman
So... I just downloaded this into Project M Legacy (Took data on my computer, saved it to folders in the SD card, told it to override files), and it works, but with one minor nitpick. None of the images on the Character Selection screen were changed. Where did I mess up?

DekZek

Smash Journeyman
Now, it freezes whenever it tries to load a costume after... oh wait, I know what I need to do.
(10-15 minutes of moving files)
Whenever I try to use a costume after the amount in Vanilla PM, the game freezes. This only applies to the characters without Smash 3/3C skins. I know why, because of the additional Legacy skins, it reads that there are more skins with models/Battle Portraits, but doesnt have anything for it on the character selection screen. Is there a solution other than deleting and renaming files so the number of skins that there is Character Selection Portraits for and Models/Battle Portraits for is equal?

Cahalan

Smash Ace
^ Except Pichu... but word on the street is that he's getting a fancy new model (thanks to the Brawl Minus Team). We'll have to wait and see though. ;)

Hedgie

Smash Apprentice
It's been done. Though kept quiet
Honestly these things should stay private

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
Hedgie is right, you should keep something like that Private

orr you can share it to me hehehehe

Just Kidding

Or am I?

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
I actually had a finished 3C Knuckles with rimlighting within a week of the leaked build's release. Then my computer decided to call it quits.

Cynapse

Smash Ace
Perfect.Can someone just copy Lyn from her ssb4 at, or is there something else you would need to do. idk
Closer inspection reveals that Lyn's S4 textures aren't all that great. Besides, Smash 3 is is not Smash 4.

Edit:
I hope I'll be forgiven for borrowing this here banner without permission:
ZLil.png

Last edited:

Hedgie

Smash Apprentice
I dunno, but that looks way more Gens-y than S3-y.
It's literally just the Generations Model. Updated Smash 3C Jet Set looked Gens inspired anyways lol
To me, the styles share quite a few connections

Cynapse

Smash Ace
It's literally just the Generations Model. Updated Smash 3C Jet Set looked Gens inspired anyways lol
To me, the styles share quite a few connections
Fair enough. Reminds me that I still need to figure out how get Jet Set's blue onto Brawl Sonic. Textures alone won't do it.

Layell

Smash Journeyman
Inside the S3C Dev Room (or the cabbage shed where ledgerewskie complains about buying used videogames)

Look at that crawling Metroid... er Zero Suit Samus! As most of you know ZSS had a redesign but many people may not want to use the newer model for a sake of nostalgia. So we came up with a solution for that... do Brawl ZSS!

Since the original Green Brawl ZSS looked like a pile of lemon/lime soda's in spandex form we brainstormed some ideas starting with "green colour combinations that don't look terrible", and ended up with this! Kraid-esque Green ZSS. She should be still green enough to use in teams but not a terrible colour that nobody would want to use her outside of that.

This one here is commonly seen as the cbliss red colour, but I refer to it as the Crocomire outfit. While donning this you won't turn into a pile of animated bones though, it doesn't take that much from ol' Crocy. In Smash this costume serves as the red colour over that terrible pink costume. Because who WOULD really want to use pink as a red team coloured outfit right???

With that out of the way I have news, we will likely be updating old alts as the S3 updates roll out. For those of you who didn't pay attention the S3 Link update had coloured spec maps and hair specs. So we may want to add that in for the 3C alts.

Oh yea, make sure you copy the link under this sentence to get a closer look at Brawl ZSS. Assuming you want to do that right?
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=211580

Something that is part of a Smash 3 project and finished? Oh my

Last edited:

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:

Cynapse

Smash Ace
I'm still gonna use PMDT's updated ZSS for the standard outfit and jay's Sm4sh Zamus for Fusion and JB, but by golly will I use the HD menu stuff when you get to them! (unless Nano tickles my fancy even more)

I like the old previewed render better than the Brawl pose because her face looks more personable, but ripping the recolors out of the cascade was far too much effort.
default.png

recolors.png

Edit: Oh, and now I can finally finish some of the mashups that use ZSS stuff! Yay!

Last edited:

Mach5Mike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mach5Mike
Inside the S3C Dev Room (or the cabbage shed where ledgerewskie complains about buying used videogames)

Look at that crawling Metroid... er Zero Suit Samus! As most of you know ZSS had a redesign but many people may not want to use the newer model for a sake of nostalgia. So we came up with a solution for that... do Brawl ZSS!

Since the original Green Brawl ZSS looked like a pile of lemon/lime soda's in spandex form we brainstormed some ideas starting with "green colour combinations that don't look terrible", and ended up with this! Kraid-esque Green ZSS. She should be still green enough to use in teams but not a terrible colour that nobody would want to use her outside of that.

This one here is commonly seen as the cbliss red colour, but I refer to it as the Crocomire outfit. While donning this you won't turn into a pile of animated bones though, it doesn't take that much from ol' Crocy. In Smash this costume serves as the red colour over that terrible pink costume. Because who WOULD really want to use pink as a red team coloured outfit right???

With that out of the way I have news, we will likely be updating old alts as the S3 updates roll out. For those of you who didn't pay attention the S3 Link update had coloured spec maps and hair specs. So we may want to add that in for the 3C alts.

Oh yea, make sure you copy the link under this sentence to get a closer look at Brawl ZSS. Assuming you want to do that right?

What a great weekend this has been for the Smash 3/3C teams and fans! Keep up the amazing work guys!

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord

That is surprisingly beautiful.

Hedgie

Smash Apprentice
This has come a long way...
I recolored the Title and Frank tried to fit in the Logo as much as he can without it clipping
Also, I just want official confirmation
Do you Smash 3C folks mind us using the textures for the update? (Credit is obviously gonna be included in the NoticeBoard.ar)
If not then this can just remain a private mod

Top Bottom