• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3C Project - PM alts, recolors, and more!

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman

PLEASE NOTE

We no longer maintain our SmashBoards thread.
However, we still post our works on other websites.

Follow us on Twitter @Smash3C
Check out our website.
You can still find our mods on both Brawl Vault and
GameBanana

Smash 3C is the continuation of the Smash 3 style through community-created content. That's a lot of C's, so Smash 3C stands for all of them! Also cabbages! And crotch! Who's a member of the Smash 3C Project, then? All of you! Any time you make a Smash 3-style texture or mod, label it Smash 3C! If you want to be in the OP, head over to our Discord to get some help with the final touches, and it will be! Don't know how to texture? Check out @ Nezha the Scout Nezha the Scout 's rimlighting tutorial, and @Taiko's texturing tutorial to learn how!

This is not a request thread: If you want a Smash 3C mod, make it! Again, our Discord is helpful to anyone creating content!

If you're interested in even higher quality textures, check out @ Layell Layell 's Dolphin-exclusive Smash 3 HD Remix project, which uses full-sized, uncompressed textures on the characters (up to 2048x2048 for some characters).

- Downloads -

CHARACTERS OUTSIDE THE SMASH UNIVERSE OR WITHOUT A PROJECT M MOVESET

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Hm...Smash 3 Dry Bowser, OoT Smash3dorf, Retro Smash3 Suit Samus, etc...thats gonna be great. Will anything other than PM's alts be done?

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
Hooray, Smash3C!

I made this, but I spent way less time on it than it would actually need. But hey, mockup, I guess. Not sure how to make it actually look good. I also think it would look better in the shade of blue the old Smash 3 logo used...

One other proposal would be to maybe use creator symbols in the top right of the title bars for individual mods, like the official Smash 3 "DLC"s of old had:

I think it would be a cool way to show at a glance who made each thing.

Last edited:

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
Definitely plan on contributing to this once the official project is done.

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
Hm...Smash 3 Dry Bowser, OoT Smash3dorf, Retro Smash3 Suit Samus, etc...thats gonna be great. Will anything other than PM's alts be done?
Well, I know I personally plan to redo my Lord Marth using the upcoming updated Smash 3 Marth as a base.
I think additional recolors that aren't done officially could fit well here as well.

Maybe Smash 3C Ridley...?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Well, I know I personally plan to redo my Lord Marth using the upcoming updated Smash 3 Marth as a base.
I think additional recolors that aren't done officially could fit well here as well.

Maybe Smash 3C Ridley...?
Good to know.

...Thats a good idea. Unless its THAT Ridley, with noodle neck bent like letter Г with weird jaw (A.K.A. Waluidley) or THIS Ridley with short limbs, giant head, short tail and bulky, well, everything except for neck (A.K.A. Bigley) instead of Ridley with normal neck bent like letter L and a normal jaw.

Last edited:

kazan

Smash Apprentice
of course! There will be other costumes, such as the Chrom one on the OP! (:
Hooray, Smash3C!

I made this, but I spent way less time on it than it would actually need. But hey, mockup, I guess. Not sure how to make it actually look good. I also think it would look better in the shade of blue the old Smash 3 logo used...

One other proposal would be to maybe use creator symbols in the top right of the title bars for individual mods, like the official Smash 3 "DLC"s of old had:

I think it would be a cool way to show at a glance who made each thing.
That's a good idea! I'll be sure to add the symbols! (:
& nice logo!

Wing Zero

Smash Apprentice
i was going to post this in the official smash 3 thread but since this is here i might as well put it there

Last edited:

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
The previous logo was a bit sloppy and imbalanced, so maybe this?

Hooray for clone tool! I could revert the color to the original red if that's preferred. I kinda like the blue, though.

Edit: Oops, left some residue in a few spots. Cleaning it up now...

Edit: Cleaned up, I think.

Last edited:

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
Great idea, and I think the blue logo looks much better. I'll start naming Smash 3 stuff I make as Smash 3C, too. I guess I'll go ahead and post something I just made, then. It needs rimlighting done, though, and I am too lazy to do it myself. Is there a rimlit PJ Ness model somewhere?

Smash 3C Pajamas Ness

Screenshot taken from Wii looks kind of crummy

I'll put some other stuff here, too, to help get the thread started.
Previously made stuff:
Links removed!

Last edited:

Yoyoeat

Smash Cadet

First off, go check out the OFFICIAL Smash 3 Project, if you haven't already! It's an amazing visual overhaul for Brawl!
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-smash-3-project-not-working-with-3-5.340807/
(It's nearly impossible not to know of this project, if you're a Smash Boards user! ^__^)

My goal for this thread, is to replicate every Project M alternate costume (ex: PJ Ness, Dry Bowser, OoT Link, etc.) to visually match that of Smash 3's! I'll also be uploading some hacks of my own!

But that's not all! YOU can contribute to this thread! That's right! Go ahead and post all of your fan made smash 3 hacks for everyone to enjoy!

(I'll be updating this post to make it "more appealing" as soon as I have the time! ^__^)
Great, looking forward to this! Oh, and what's RSP and Hector cosutmes?

Layell

Smash Journeyman
You are all men after my own heart. I'd dump my vault but I need a few more posts. (It's my username), or just search Gray Pit, Gamecube ROB, and Royal Black Marth.

I'll post my Metroid Prime 2 Suit Samus once I figure out the CSP/BP business, although it is not finished. The import has a problem with the Morph Ball colouring as well as the arm cannon animation. So maybe one day I'll pull some way of using the Light Suit gun and regular morph ball and call it a day. I think I'll take a hand at Melee Falco though.

the101

Smash Journeyman
Outside Bandai Namco Studios with Binoculars...
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738
I did make a Smash 3-each Dry Bowser awhile back, but while the texture itself was decent the rim-lighting was just terrible. All of Dry Bowser's body-parts are in one object file, so that makes the rim lighting more subtle. It also causes Dry Bowser's eye sockets to flash white whenever he gets hit.

EDIT:

First off, go check out the OFFICIAL Smash 3 Project, if you haven't already! It's an amazing visual overhaul for Brawl!
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-smash-3-project-not-working-with-3-5.340807/
(It's nearly impossible not to know of this project, if you're a Smash Boards user! ^__^)

My goal for this thread, is to replicate every Project M alternate costume (ex: PJ Ness, Dry Bowser, OoT Link, etc.) to visually match that of Smash 3's! I'll also be uploading some hacks of my own!

But that's not all! YOU can contribute to this thread! That's right! Go ahead and post all of your fan made smash 3 hacks for everyone to enjoy!

(I'll be updating this post to make it "more appealing" as soon as I have the time! ^__^)
What exactly do you mean by "Ike name fix"? If you managed to have Ike's name change to "Chrom" when selecting these costumes, that'd be very impressive.

Last edited:

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
I did make a Smash 3-each Dry Bowser awhile back, but while the texture itself was decent the rim-lighting was just terrible. All of Dry Bowser's body-parts are in one object file, so that makes the rim lighting more subtle. It also causes Dry Bowser's eye sockets to flash white whenever he gets hit.
Do you think you could post the Dry Bowser anyway?

Oh and he was talking about this: http://smashboards.com/threads/the-smash-3-project-not-working-with-3-5.340807/page-68#post-18227503

Last edited:

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
"I'll use my Brawl Staff position to compile links of all uploaded fan projects that where uploaded in the vault." -Me, Smash 3 thread

Would you like me to post these links?

Also, for any rimlight help just give me a shout-out with an @ Nezha the Scout Nezha the Scout alright? I was always a fan of helping, and this is an awesome thread to follow.

Last edited:

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
That's a lot of stuff! Good job.
A few of these, though (the Mario ones, for example) will soon be outdated, since Mario and many others will be getting some overhauls. I think we should still include such things, but I think a way of marking which mods are fully compliant with current official Smash 3 stuff would be good.
So if something's based on the most up to date official stuff, then it gets marked with a star with a Dio face, maybe. To earn a star, it would also need to be both rimlit and possess Smash 3-esque textures.

kazan

Smash Apprentice
Great idea, and I the blue logo looks much better. I'll start naming Smash 3 stuff I make as Smash 3C, too. I guess I'll go ahead and post something I just made, then. It needs rimlighting done, though, and I am too lazy to do it myself. Is there a rimlit PJ Ness model somewhere?

Smash 3C Pajamas Ness

Previously made stuff:
Luigi:

Mario:

Peach:

Roy:

Stuff not on Brawl Vault:
Smash 3 Style CSPs for other costumes:
Love it! I'll add them as soon as I get on my computer (:

Great, looking forward to this! Oh, and what's RSP and Hector cosutmes?
Results Screen Portraits, and the 4 new Ike costumes in PM3.5 (Armored)

"I'll use my Brawl Staff position to compile links of all uploaded fan projects that where uploaded in the vault." -Me, Smash 3 thread

Would you like me to post these links?

Also, for any rimlight help just give me a shout-out with an @ Nezha the Scout Nezha the Scout alright? I was always a fan of helping, and this is an awesome thread to follow.
That'd be amazing! Thanks! (:

Juken

Smash Ace
Great idea, and I the blue logo looks much better. I'll start naming Smash 3 stuff I make as Smash 3C, too. I guess I'll go ahead and post something I just made, then. It needs rimlighting done, though, and I am too lazy to do it myself. Is there a rimlit PJ Ness model somewhere?

Smash 3C Pajamas Ness

Previously made stuff:
Luigi:

Mario:

Peach:

Roy:

Stuff not on Brawl Vault:
Smash 3 Style CSPs for other costumes:
Wasn't there something about Smash 3 Mario crashing PM 3.5?

Also I really hope this pushes artists to do the alt costumes in 3.5, and maybe one for the dark suit samus mod.

Layell

Smash Journeyman
If anything I'd love to see categories of PM alts, recolours, custom models, then perhaps with subcategories of Full (rim, icons, complete texture revamp), Core (perhaps missing rim, no render), and Basic (indev, stopped working on it).

I've heard the new cbliss will be 14 slots for everyone, so I'll be glad to help get full recolours where it is possible to do so, it will not be an easy task.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Just a small statement on Chrom.

I'd appreciate it if you withheld releasing the hack until I ask the original maker if he wants to make his own alts/recolors and if he wants recolors made for his original work at all.

It might take a while for him to respond, but I'm doing my best to get a response.

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
What about maybe doing some sort of color coding to mark how complete something is?
Like, if it's rimlit, retextured, and based on current Smash 3 standards, then it could have the franchise icon colored green, maybe. If it's textured, but not rimlit, then it could be blue. If it's rimlit, but not textured, it could be yellow. If it's based on an old version of Smash 3, maybe red.

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
Put together a rough mockup of part of how the OP could maybe be organized.

So what you see here is the Ike category of Smash 3C, specifically a Chrom alt for him. The green text shows that it's rimlit and has Smash 3-esque textures, and itsn't built on outdated Smash 3 textures. The "K?" is just a placeholder symbol showing it was made by Kazan.
Then we've got some additional recolors for it made by... I think that's Taiko's symbol?
...Pretend those Mario costumes are Chrom costumes.
Now, these "Chrom" recolors, for whatever reason, aren't fully compliant, so they're colored differently, and are labeled differently. Now, I don't know why simple recolors of something compliant would have those issues, but just roll with it, it's a hypothetical example.
Somewhere in the Ike category, there would also be fanmade recolors of the official Smash 3 Ike, and you could also see things like Lord and Vangard Ike, hypothetically. And Armored Ike would go in there somewhere. Etc.

I'll post my Metroid Prime 2 Suit Samus once I figure out the CSP/BP business, although it is not finished. The import has a problem with the Morph Ball colouring as well as the arm cannon animation. So maybe one day I'll pull some way of using the Light Suit gun and regular morph ball and call it a day. I think I'll take a hand at Melee Falco though.
That sounds amazing.

Last edited:

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Maybe even you guys can team up to finish the missing pieces?

Anyhow, here's the library of smash 3 stuff:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/Bra...yUser=&Credit=&Info=&AudioSource=&MainType=-1

For those wondering, you CAN edit these adding the missing pieces and reupload them separately in KCMM. All you must do is a collab, no permission is needed to reupload.

The only exception to this rule is CSP making, you cannot reupload a full mod that the only thing changed was csp addition, those must be added individualy or with a modified mod.

kazan

Smash Apprentice
Just a small statement on Chrom.

I'd appreciate it if you withheld releasing the hack until I ask the original maker if he wants to make his own alts/recolors and if he wants recolors made for his original work at all.

It might take a while for him to respond, but I'm doing my best to get a response.
That's alright with me (:

the101

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738
Do you think you could post the Dry Bowser anyway?

Oh and he was talking about this: http://smashboards.com/threads/the-smash-3-project-not-working-with-3-5.340807/page-68#post-18227503
I'll try to touch it up a little and post it on the thread sometime tomorrow. But I can't post it on Brawl Vault, unfortunately. The site never sent me me a confirmation e-mail when I tried to register an account.
And I'll post two things: my Dry Bowser without the rim-lighting (so it doesn't have ingame eye-glitches) and one with my sloppy rim-lighting. I'm hoping @ Nezha the Scout Nezha the Scout would be willing to take a look at it?

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
I'll try to touch it up a little and post it on the thread sometime tomorrow. But I can't post it on Brawl Vault, unfortunately. The site never sent me me a confirmation e-mail when I tried to register an account.
And I'll post two things: my Dry Bowser without the rim-lighting (so it doesn't have ingame eye-glitches) and one with my sloppy rim-lighting. I'm hoping @ Nezha the Scout Nezha the Scout would be willing to take a look at it?

I could also aid with registrations issues. Just send me a PM with the dry bones so I could look it up. Also, you are familiar with gmail right? I registered using that, I heard we have issues with hotmail and co. back on BV.

the101

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738
I could also aid with registrations issues. Just send me a PM with the dry bones so I could look it up. Also, you are familiar with gmail right? I registered using that, I heard we have issues with hotmail and co. back on BV.
I had that suspicion, but I wasn't using hotmail or co. Out of habit I was using my aol.com account, but it's such an outdated and infamous site that I'm not surprised BV wouldn't support it. I'll start a new gmail account tomorrow.

Last edited:

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
That's a lot of stuff! Good job.
A few of these, though (the Mario ones, for example) will soon be outdated, since Mario and many others will be getting some overhauls. I think we should still include such things, but I think a way of marking which mods are fully compliant with current official Smash 3 stuff would be good.
So if something's based on the most up to date official stuff, then it gets marked with a star with a Dio face, maybe. To earn a star, it would also need to be both rimlit and possess Smash 3-esque textures.
Yeah I plan to remove some of those after the update, especially the Mario and Roy, but I'm hoping some of the Luigi ones, like Ice Luigi, get redone as well. I like the idea of the OP having mods marked by completeness, though.

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
Looking through the list of Smash 3 stuff on Brawl Vault that Edel linked, it seems to only include stuff with "Smash 3" in the title. I've also seen some neat stuff that doesn't mention Smash 3 in the title, like this, which didn't appear on the list.

Also, the OP is looking pretty sexy now.

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
The OP looks awesome, and I worked on something else that I'm probably not going to put on the Vault, because I am too tired to make a matching CSP and it needs rimlighting anyway, which I'm too lazy to do as usual. I had some texture issues getting the blue/gray Lucaryu alt. The LucarioBody kept getting too compressed looking whenever I replaced it, and looked so horrible that I decided to just leave it the PM default. The regular white GI looks good though, better than the BrawlBox preview shows I think.

Top Bottom