• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3C Project - PM alts, recolors, and more!

grenluntern

Smash Rookie

Smash 3C is the continuation of the Smash 3 style through community-created content. That's a lot of C's, so Smash 3C stands for all of them! Also cabbages! and crotch! Who's a member of the Smash 3C Project, then? All of you! Any time you make a Smash 3-style texture or mod, label it Smash 3C! If you want to be in the OP, head over to our Discord to get some help with the final touches, and it will be! Don't know how to texture? Check out @Edel's rimlighting tutorial, and @Taiko's texturing tutorial to learn how!

This is not a request thread: If you want a Smash 3C mod, make it! Again, our Discord is helpful to anyone creating content!

If you're interested in even higher quality textures, check out @ Layell Layell 's Dolphin-exclusive Smash 3 HD Remix project, which uses full-sized, uncompressed textures on the characters (up to 2048x2048 for some characters).

- Downloads -
Updated 2/11/2017 - Peach recolors added.

Smash 3C is the continuation of the Smash 3 style through community-created content. That's a lot of C's, so Smash 3C stands for all of them! Also cabbages! and crotch! Who's a member of the Smash 3C Project, then? All of you! Any time you make a Smash 3-style texture or mod, label it Smash 3C! If you want to be in the OP, head over to our Discord to get some help with the final touches, and it will be! Don't know how to texture? Check out @Edel's rimlighting tutorial, and @Taiko's texturing tutorial to learn how!

This is not a request thread: If you want a Smash 3C mod, make it! Again, our Discord is helpful to anyone creating content!

If you're interested in even higher quality textures, check out @ Layell Layell 's Dolphin-exclusive Smash 3 HD Remix project, which uses full-sized, uncompressed textures on the characters (up to 2048x2048 for some characters).

- Downloads -
Updated 2/11/2017 - Peach recolors added.

CHARACTERS OUTSIDE THE SMASH UNIVERSE OR WITHOUT A PROJECT M MOVESET
game and watch is glitchy look at his double white skin.

TPW_ThatOneGuy

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jerry-ThatOneGuy
3DS FC
3239-4044-4959
Is there a GCT that contains only the 10 Costume Expansion code, or something of that sort? I'm already using a GCT with a bunch of other codes.

TPW_ThatOneGuy

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jerry-ThatOneGuy
3DS FC
3239-4044-4959
it won't be enough with the code, you have to go through the trouble of modifying your sc_selcharacter.pac and info.pac files as well
I can handle doing all that myself, having been customizing my own personal builds for about 2 years now :p
It's Ocarina codes that I still don't really understand, I was hoping I could just throw my codeset into the GCT Fusionizer with the 10 Costume Code and not have to worry about it anymore.

EnderAndroid

Smash Rookie
I noticed an issue with the Silvonic skin. Haven't tried this mod yet but will eventually get around to it.

In the screenshots, Silvonic's hands don't have blue circles on top of them, as opposed to the official PM skin. Strangely enough, the official CSPs in PM 3.6 don't show them on his hands either, despite appearing in gameplay. I think the creator of this skin might've used the PM CSP as a reference instead of the in-game screenshots, therefore leading to this inaccuracy.

PM Silvonic CSP as it appears in-game:

In-game comparison:

Left is 3C, right is PM 3.6.

FalconRPG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
F4LC0NPUNCH111
3DS FC
4141-2695-8953
Switch FC
SW-0822-1850-3326
I noticed an issue with the Silvonic skin. Haven't tried this mod yet but will eventually get around to it.

In the screenshots, Silvonic's hands don't have blue circles on top of them, as opposed to the official PM skin. Strangely enough, the official CSPs in PM 3.6 don't show them on his hands either, despite appearing in gameplay. I think the creator of this skin might've used the PM CSP as a reference instead of the in-game screenshots, therefore leading to this inaccuracy.

PM Silvonic CSP as it appears in-game:

In-game comparison:

Left is 3C, right is PM 3.6.
Wow, 2 years to find this one.

Layell

Smash Journeyman
We didn't want the blue lines on the Silver gloves. The reasons for this are because they are kind of ugly and distracting, also making zero sense.

Layell

Smash Journeyman
GET READY TO JET SET RAAAADDDIIOOO

This stuff is off the hook I mean look at these costume choices!!!

Now you might be seeing these colour combinations and be thinking...

but that is not true at all...

These colours represent many of the cool and varied playable characters within the game, we hope you enjoy using all 10 of them. They actually required a lot of texture and render reworking to get right. Thanks to everyone in that really long credit list for helping me come up with and create them. All in all this might be one of my favourite set of recolours, if you are using Jet Set as an alternate team combination I highly recommend Magenta as an alt red, it works so well!

Skate on bros!

Last edited:

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
I am so upset that I cant use all of these with smash 3C Sonic. Each of these costumes have so much color and well designed pallettes. God bless you and the smash 3C team. Thank you so much.

EnderAndroid

Smash Rookie
The reasons for this are because they are kind of ugly and distracting,
"Ugly" is very subjective. As for "distracting", they're literally just small blue circles on his hands. They're one of the main parts of Silver's design, and it would be a bit bizarre to leave that out from what the PMDT intended due to one's personal opinion of the design. Not to mention that the rest of the PM skins that are mimicking character attire are pretty accurate to their source material.

also making zero sense.

i mean

it makes sense to me

Maybe there can be another version of the skin of where of where it doesn't have those circles on his hands (this one would be the default) and another version of where it's accurate to the PM design and does have the circles.

But eh, you can do your own thing.

MaybeGerg

Smash Apprentice
I'd consider that a minor detail, which also creates a contradiction with all of the other colors. This goes against what Smash 3C strives for with consistency. We appreciate the concern, and understand your opinions, but we've opted for this consistency. Hope it doesn't offend you.

Ahh... What a gracious cycle this meme has taken. I still remember the day when I googled "people pointing"... *sniff*

Layell

Smash Journeyman

Wing Zero

Smash Apprentice
Can I give a skin idea?
we're doing pretty well in the ideas department, but we appreciate the sentiment nonetheless. however, if you would like to make that idea come to life yourself, then we'd really appreciate the extra set of hands. we're more than happy to help you along the way by sharing our knowledge, help and more as long as you're willing to take up the tools and learn.

Last edited:

wwe4865

Smash Rookie
we're doing pretty well in the ideas department, but we appreciate the sentiment nonetheless. however, if you would like to make that idea come to life yourself, then we'd really appreciate the extra set of hands. we're more than happy to help you along the way by sharing our knowledge, help and more as long as you're willing to take up the tools and learn.
That is OK but I will join in the future. Thanks for answering my question

DiBurlçe

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, i think i need some help. I can't figure out how to install the pack, i wanted to use it on Dolphin, is that even possible or is it made only for the original Wii? Also the file that i'm downloading seens to be older than the latest one, cause in Brawl Vault the last update i saw was last year, not the one from this year. Sorry if there is something obvious that im missing, but im new to the modding scene and i really wanted to try this pack.

Tks in advance! Happy Gaming!

Last edited:

ishmael205

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, i think i need some help. I can't figure out how to install the pack, i wanted to use it on Dolphin, is that even possible or is it made only for the original Wii? Also the file that i'm downloading seens to be older than the latest one, cause in Brawl Vault the last update i saw was last year, not the one from this year. Sorry if there is something obvious that im missing, but im new to the modding scene and i really wanted to try this pack.

Tks in advance! Happy Gaming!
It works on Dolphin. You have to have vProject M, and then replace the files with the contents of the Smash 3C pack.

Layell

Smash Journeyman
While you were all busy playing video games Ganondorf snuck around and stole the Triforce from the Sacred Realm!

He used his wish to get some more costume colours, oh boy! A more standard blue outfit, along with references to multiple Zelda baddies. I've got a few more colour expansions coming up, including a fellow who I once promised WOULD NEVER GET THEM... AND THAT PERSON IS LUIGI!

Second banana no more, now feel green with envy at all his costume choices. Here is my long lost promise to include Ice Luigi! Some of these colours were originally based on S3 colour choices and SJS as well, now brought to the public!

EDIT: There was a small Luigi mistake with gloves, which is now fixed.

Last edited:

SylveonGives

Smash Journeyman
While you were all busy playing video games Ganondorf snuck around and stole the Triforce from the Sacred Realm!

He used his wish to get some more costume colours, oh boy! A more standard blue outfit, along with references to multiple Zelda baddies. I've got a few more colour expansions coming up, including a fellow who I once promised WOULD NEVER GET THEM... AND THAT PERSON IS LUIGI!

Second banana no more, now feel green with envy at all his costume choices. Here is my long lost promise to include Ice Luigi! Some of these colours were originally based on S3 colour choices and SJS as well, now brought to the public!
I can't deal with all this sexiness!

Layell

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of a deluxe update!

I have fixed S3 Lucario's fur issue, you may have noticed it before, it's a small issue that was plauging a few other recolours out in the wild!

but along with that comes something else colourful...

Oh my more costume colours, the green outfit from PM, the dark blue from Smash 4, and some other assortments. Perhaps you will see a fistful of these colours in another costume update... who knows?

EDIT: I FORGOT THE BLACK OUTFIT WITH TAN FUR SO HERE YOU GO ANOTHER ONE FOR YOU ALL!

Last edited:

Boygos

Smash Rookie
NNID
Boygos
Switch FC
SW 3967 3433 0210
Looks great, Layell. One of my favorite alts was added!

Layell

Smash Journeyman
Now for something nobody asked for!

It's Classic Dark Pit, but bluer! He's Dark Blue Pit. This is meant to be a complete substitution for Dark Pit to allow for team colours with the Classic Pit outfits in a 10 slot pack, thus having both a Dark Pit and Red and Green. I also did this because I wasn't totally happy with how similar Dark Pit and Dark Classic Pit could look when zoomed out. So feel free to use or ignore, it's in the download now.

As should be obvious I am very committed to an eventual 20 slot S3C pack, but things like this are helpful for the current 10 limit for most characters!

As a side note, many of us on the 3C team are running out of Dropbox space, downloads on BV shouldn't be affected but we are transferring a bulk of our resources to other online archives to keep them available for future edits like this one!

BUT THAT IS NOT ALL

Animal rights activists beware, this is The Anti-PETA Fighting Animal Colours Update! Animals come in all sorts of colours, and just because they get injured a lot while smashing doesn't mean they only have to be black and blue!

Both of these entries come with a new alternate render, which I made ages ago and just never edited until now. Lucario got a huge update with updated UVs to fix a texture seam thanks to Puzzled, Trypetch fixed an annoying issue with transparent fur (that also plagued S3 Lucario), and thanks to Draco_The and KingJigglypuff for helping/making me aware of the lighting issue with Gi Lucario and his aura. A lot of S3C peeps also gave some great Street Fighter and colour references for Gi Lucario, thanks to all of you!

DK might have gotten a smaller update but who doesn't love a Gold DK with a shiny Diamond belt, that has to be worth a fortune, and don't leave behind Pink DK with his rusty participation belt, he was a slugger to the end!

Last edited:

Puzzled

Smash Rookie
heheheh. My ultimate plan to get to the top of Brawl Vault's "Most Popular Artists" is falling into place.

Layell

Smash Journeyman
So...

With the Gi Lucario zip, with mislabeled stuff, it's fixed now.

tryptech

Smash Cadet
We feel that recent releases have been pretty flat. To remedy this, we're shaking things up with a sparkling new charcter! Introducing the coolest guy around, PEPSIMAAAAAAAAAAAAAN. With love, care, and a large glass of Pepsi-Cola, we've painstakingly rimlit and retextured the Sultan of Soda to the highest of standards, we even have a shiny new matching render!

Hopefully we haven't popped your bubble since he's available to download right now! Click that banner and enjoy the Captain of Carbonation today!

Now that we're no longer fooling, I will drop a proper release SoonTM. Post stays for posterity and lulz.

Last edited:

Boygos

Smash Rookie
NNID
Boygos
Switch FC
SW 3967 3433 0210

It's getting hot in here? I don't know, this is my first post cut me some slack.

My first two contributions to Smash 3C are here, and plenty more are on the way. First off we have Nano's Mega Charizard Y, which also includes a shiny variant for everyone's favorite Poké #06.

You can get this badass here.

Now we're gonna take five steps back in the Pokédex for Poké #01. Bulbasaur's been on the bench for too long, and he's sick and tired of people picking Squirtle and Charmander over him. Also a Nanobuds original, the Smash 3C style fits him nicely. Just like Charizard, he also includes a shiny variant. You can snag this OG starter here.

I guess we are ****ting on PETA again this update, because the Pokemon are strong with this batch! It's super effective?

Okay so that's what I've got for now. As a super Pokémon enthusiast expect to see some more pocket monsters in S3C pretty soon... And hold onto your butts. Things are about to get a little Funky in here.

EDIT: the links were wrong, my bad!

Last edited:

Siggles

Smash Rookie
How do I download this?
[Please don't acknowledge my previous message it was meant for another thread, but this one is for real]

Last edited:

Layell

Smash Journeyman
Looks like you got some help in our discord Siggles, personally, I prefer the airwaves of livechat too.

Jeez Laweez... what is that? Two whole Falco updates!

Falco gets some reimagined brawl colours, as well as new colours, I have a soft spot for Falco from Star Fox Assault, and the original Black Falco looks a lot like Revali don't you think?

But Smash 4 did have some good content too. This render was originally made by SylveonGives SylveonGives but I rerendered them all at full HD quality with uncompressed textures. Plus those colours I just released!

Last edited:

TEMVSL

Smash Apprentice
Looks like you got some help in our discord Siggles, personally, I prefer the airwaves of livechat too.

Jeez Laweez... what is that? Two whole Falco updates!

Falco gets some reimagined brawl colours, as well as new colours, I have a soft spot for Falco from Star Fox Assault, and the original Black Falco looks a lot like Revali don't you think?

But Smash 4 did have some good content too. This render was originally made by SylveonGives SylveonGives but I rerendered them all at full HD quality with uncompressed textures. Plus those colours I just released!
New A E S T H E T I C colors

Layell

Smash Journeyman
Small fixes:

Jet Set Sonic Brawl Model: Magenta and future textures fixed
Lucario Gi: Dreadlocks fixed
Smash 3 ROB: Virtual Boy colour fixed holster, pack includes readme to understand how Rob07 works for PM that was accidentally omitted (vault will be updated soon).
Smash 3 Zelda: Spec was updated on default to match rest of the outfits.

Smash 3 fixes will be live on vault in the near future.

Last edited:

KatFortune

Smash Rookie
I apologize for the noob question but the options page has so many extra things for me to copy afterwards, are those neccessary, is there a specific order i must follow to install it all?

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman
I apologize for the noob question but the options page has so many extra things for me to copy afterwards, are those neccessary, is there a specific order i must follow to install it all?
If you are referring to the light pack and/or super pack those are not necessary. The options means that those are optional. Like you can have just Brawl models for example or have the S3C HUD. For the most part you just need to install the pack then install one of the other options as you please.

Top Bottom