• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman
Because of how terrible his Brawl model is.

• And his life is going down the toilet, ever since '91, he's been doing cheap odd jobs. He was pretty excited about appearing in Brawl, most of his redesign was nice, but who could love that face? And even worse - he was only C tier, overshadowed by literally everyone else in his reveal trailer. After that, he got a reboot, but the criticism of the controls brought him down, he even got hit in the head by a beer bottle by a lefty. He had a little optimism about Smash 4, especially with his redesigned moveset... But then he had a clone. One even higher tier than he. And then Palutena showed up, lower tier, but people played as her anyway because she's new, she's hot and has a good side taunt if ya know what I mean. His last shot of redemption in that game was... Palutena's temple, a stage loathed almost as much as Great Cave Offensive.

Follow up question - why shouldn't he look so depressed?
the description in the middle makes me think of Sonic for Hire

Greyson

Smash Apprentice
And none of this touches on the struggles he overcomes in his own games. He's literally been through Hell and back multiple times, only to be the butt of several jokes in Uprising.

I'm actually here to report another bug; My copy of PM freezes every time Smash 3 Falco summons his Landmaster. Is this a known issue? Is there a fix for this or should I just not use Falco in casual play?

Shren

Smash Journeyman
And none of this touches on the struggles he overcomes in his own games. He's literally been through Hell and back multiple times, only to be the butt of several jokes in Uprising.

I'm actually here to report another bug; My copy of PM freezes every time Smash 3 Falco summons his Landmaster. Is this a known issue? Is there a fix for this or should I just not use Falco in casual play?
They are updating everything.

Greyson

Smash Apprentice
They are updating everything.
Right, I just figured it would be prudent to bring up significant issues sooner rather than later so that they could be corrected in a future release. If this was not a known problem, then it would be a shame if the next Falco update suffered the same fate. Falco in particular worried me because his renders are complete, so it might be a sign of him not being updated at all.

Edit: If I had to make a hypothesis as to what's causing the freezing, I would assume that the costumes' filesizes are too big. Most likely, this problem doesn't occur on Dolphin since it's beefier than a Wii from a technical standpoint. I'm running Project M hackless, for reference. I don't expect the Smash 3 team to cut down on filesizes to solve a problem that only occurs when Smash Balls are enabled on the Wii, but it can't hurt to let people know.

Last edited:
Do you think you guys could throw us a PSD for Pit? I made Smash3 versions of these costumes on your first Pit release, I would like to update them for this new model. Link for anyone who would like to use them, I did a great job with the shield models.
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/sbb2cmwbw5nk2ol,uokoyfugc37ab2u,4cvjtq2polc4wsp/shared
Pyrrhon
Hades
Palutena

Or if anyone wants to be UTTERLY AMAZING and do a render for these costumes, that would be equally as good, really.

Javln Mastr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Modernlykos
3DS FC
3823-8516-1685
Do you think you guys could throw us a PSD for Pit? I made Smash3 versions of these costumes on your first Pit release, I would like to update them for this new model. Link for anyone who would like to use them, I did a great job with the shield models.
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/sbb2cmwbw5nk2ol,uokoyfugc37ab2u,4cvjtq2polc4wsp/shared
Pyrrhon
Hades
Palutena

Or if anyone wants to be UTTERLY AMAZING and do a render for these costumes, that would be equally as good, really.
A Pyrrhon skin?!?! Holy crap, why have I not been informed?!

Shren

Smash Journeyman
Pyrrhon
Hades
Palutena

Yes! That would be nice to see.

KiyoXDragon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KiyoXDragon
3DS FC
2981-7067-0666
Switch FC
SW-1752-3317-0324
Because of how terrible his Brawl model is.

• And his life is going down the toilet, ever since '91, he's been doing cheap odd jobs. He was pretty excited about appearing in Brawl, most of his redesign was nice, but who could love that face? And even worse - he was only C tier, overshadowed by literally everyone else in his reveal trailer. After that, he got a reboot, but the criticism of the controls brought him down, he even got hit in the head by a beer bottle by a lefty. He had a little optimism about Smash 4, especially with his redesigned moveset... But then he had a clone. One even higher tier than he. And then Palutena showed up, lower tier, but people played as her anyway because she's new, she's hot and has a good side taunt if ya know what I mean. His last shot of redemption in that game was... Palutena's temple, a stage loathed almost as much as Great Cave Offensive.

Pretty much laughed at this whole thing, especially the part about Palutena. "because she's new, she's hot and has a good side taunt~"

TheOneTrueNail

Smash Rookie
Hey....so like...I downloaded the update for Pit and it keeps crashing my game. I inserted all the files correctly, so I have no idea why it keeps doing this.

DekZek

Smash Journeyman
Pyrrhon
Hades
Palutena

Potentially off topic question. Who made these skins? I want to put it into my build, but I have this OCD thing where I credit EVERYTHING that I added.

Potentially off topic question. Who made these skins? I want to put it into my build, but I have this OCD thing where I credit EVERYTHING that I added.
Some user on KCMM who has since deleted them, the name escapes me. I've got textures from 2008, lemmie tell you. I could open up The Museum of Smash Hacking

I'll just put the author as Unknown and credit you. Find an excuse to upload them to Brawl Vault please.
I'm remaking them myself from scratch using textures from Uprising. Should be done soon, I'll upload them then. If 3C likes em, I'd be more than glad to add them to their roster, they're quite cool!

It's going to be Hades, Pyrron, Medusa and Dark Pit, as close to the source material as possible.

Last edited:

Hax$

Smash Rookie
I hope I don't come off as being rude to anyone here, but I would like to ask a few questions. First, does anyone else here who use the Smash 3 textures have trouble loading Link up in the Subspace Emissary? I have no idea what causes this in my case. I apologize for not bringing screenshots; however, I noticed that every time Captain Falcon flashes white (whether it's his sidestep/spot dodge, air dodge, or his few seconds of invulnerability) or is charging his Falcon Punch up, his visor excluding the triangle eyes seem to light up in orange for the duration of the action. I'm no modding expert, but this could be a result of his spec textures or some other effect (rimlight?) I'm unsure of. Finally, does the Smash 3 Project goals include replacing the title screen characters in the intro?

Greyson

Smash Apprentice
Hey, so I just ran my PM build without the costumes and the Landmaster freeze happened. This must mean that something else is causing the issue. So, I want to apologize for the false alarm and thank everyone involved for what they've provided for the community. A lot of hard work goes into this and it shows.

oscat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
drlnklngmars
3DS FC
0318-9801-6641
Hey, so I just ran my PM build without the costumes and the Landmaster freeze happened. This must mean that something else is causing the issue. So, I want to apologize for the false alarm and thank everyone involved for what they've provided for the community. A lot of hard work goes into this and it shows.
Try turning items off ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

KiyoXDragon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KiyoXDragon
3DS FC
2981-7067-0666
Switch FC
SW-1752-3317-0324
Find a tutorial on how to run Brawl Box on Mac. I think there's one on KCMM showing how to run BBox through WINE, so go look that up. BBox will help you replace the Character Select Portraits, Result Screen Portraits, Battle Portraits and stock icons.

Also, to replace the costume itself, go to projectm - >pf-> fighter->(name of character)
Drag and drop the .pac and .pcs files in that folder.
Thanks but since I'm using Vanilla brawl instead, where are the costume files located on the mac computer for that?

Greyson

Smash Apprentice

Yo. I noticed the Yoshi update didn't include stock icons (or maybe I have an obsolete download, idunno), so I took the liberty of making my own. I made them in Brawl's style because I have no clue how to make S3 stocks. Feel free to use them.

Why on earth WOULD I want Pokemon trainer? That's exactly the question that you should've asked yourself lol
Anyway, the Smash 3 team would not release the Pokemon individually, or without Pokemon trainer. So I asked what I asked for the purpose of expediency and also not to exclude him.

You're so clever Cynapse Cynapse , I want to be like you when I grow up :smileyface:

Last edited:

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
Hey, so are the issues with Pit's bow being worked out? Mainly the sword trail being misaligned during Pit's down aerial, and one of the blades pointing the wrong way during the end of his back aerial animation.

Unless I'm the only one who's faced these, in which case I'd have no idea how to fix them.

D

Deleted member

I don't even know how to access this folder.
When using texture hacks or whatever you want to do that's NOT Project M, instead of a folder called projectm at the root of the sd card, there's a folder called private. projectm and private are structured almost the exact same way, so you won't have to relearn where files are.

Last edited by a moderator:

proxibomb

Smash Clown
Anyone know if the Mewtwo model is compatible with the latest version of Project M? I remember them saying something about Mewtwo being broken, or freezing the game.

Top Bottom