• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kurodyne

where did i put my keys
NNID
KuroSensation
some of those sprites have two shades that are really, really close and make the sprite look flat (blue and light blue in particular)

however i absolutely LOVE the red and black sprites. the colors you picked are fantastic on those ones. overall i really like them!

NFMLH2

Smash Apprentice
Final Update... Left is Falco with palette swaps, Right is Falco with palette swaps and fur changes.
Blue

Dark Blue

Green

Light Blue

Black
Orange

Pink

Purple

Red

Melee:
Red

Green

Blue

Samurai Dedede
Samurai
Samurai (Green)
Samurai (Blue)

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
This is probably impossible/time consuming and hard, but will Smash 3 eventually have the swooshes and slashes akin to Smash 4? I found them very helpful.

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
This is probably impossible/time consuming and hard, but will Smash 3 eventually have the swooshes and slashes akin to Smash 4? I found them very helpful.
I don't think that's gonna be their thing. I think they do not have the time nor motivation, since the project is almost two years old. Project M is slowly doing that, with Sheik's forward air and stuff, but to the level of smash 4, I highly doubt it.
Though we'll be bringing the visual style, we don't plan on replicating Smash 4 1:1, as there are some things that just can't be brought over.

Last edited:

drogoth232

Smash Lord
we still need IWG's opinion on this tbh
We really don't. We're all tired and some characters would involve PSA edits which would make them obsolete.

We've been working our way towards the end of the road, why would we willingly put ourselves back even further?

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
Hey Smash 3 Team! Happy Belated Birthday! Thank you for 2 years of hard work and dedication to this project. You guys have worked amazingly hard for this project to be completed and I honestly could not be any happier with what you guys are doing. Thank you so much for what you do. I apologize for my tardiness but you have my gratitude to you all as a development members and my respect as people. Again Thank you!

and to the rest of you all! I have a slight treat! For all of those who might feel they don't get enough Smash 3 stuff in their life worry not! I have compiled an album on dropbox of most of the character previews for Smash 3 Characters that are currently not released, and updates to ones we have as well. Enjoy~!
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hvd9q5s22tl4rbm/AACvjcEQ1uXXR1r-ZEPPFAM9a?dl=0

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Hey Smash 3 Team! Happy Belated Birthday! Thank you for 2 years of hard work and dedication to this project. You guys have worked amazingly hard for this project to be completed and I honestly could not be any happier with what you guys are doing. Thank you so much for what you do. I apologize for my tardiness but you have my gratitude to you all as a development members and my respect as people. Again Thank you!

and to the rest of you all! I have a slight treat! For all of those who might feel they don't get enough Smash 3 stuff in their life worry not! I have compiled an album on dropbox of most of the character previews for Smash 3 Characters that are currently not released, and updates to ones we have as well. Enjoy~!
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hvd9q5s22tl4rbm/AACvjcEQ1uXXR1r-ZEPPFAM9a?dl=0
Holy pidsticks, those are beautiful! I'm so glad that you posted those, I would've missed them, so glad that Link and Captain Falcon were updated they no longer look plastic! I especially like this Olimar one: NIGHTMARES

I really hope that Black/Yellow Olimar gets both the smokey helmet and the dark skin...

Last edited:

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
the caption for the picture on tumblr I believe was
"Taiko, you're fired."

Last edited:

SmashJC

Smash Journeyman
After looking at the gallery of unreleased character previews, i must say, do they really look like that in a "real" Wii? cuz those screenshots were made in Dolphin

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
I just wanted to leave a comment about the smash 3 recolors.
Now, i gotta say, Falcos recolors are really juicy, they look so good... As for fox, his black costume looks very dull. I think in the next update, it should be more vibrant..
For pit, since in 3.6, pit has a new red recolor, a white scarf, red dress(?), and a teal colored pearl. In smash 3, Pits red recolor is all red, so you mind changing that up in the next update as well, Smash 3 Team?
And will you change up peaches recolors? I really dont like her red,green and blue ones to be honest, i think they should be like these: http://kc-mm.com/2014/01/29/peach-team-color-alternatives/
If not, you can maybe leave them as Cbliss recolors.
Also, will roy get his gold recolor and FE:A recolor from Project M as well?

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
Actually that red recolor is based on Dark Pit's red color from Smash 4 I believe. And I don't know, I like it. The red black and yellow, mesh kinda well together. Honestly the recolor is fine. However, I can see where you come from as I have a distaste for the yellow pit for the same reason. Some people like it though. So you pick and choose.

Last edited:

Juken

Smash Ace
I had always thought the Smash 3 (pretty much the same as in 4) black color for Falco was kind of dull. Brawl Falco's normal black alt with the brown and blue was pretty sick imo. That's kind of why I wanted to learn about texturing, so that if they did not want to do a Brawl/PM based alt costume set for him, I could at least do that black one I like. Haven't gotten to learning about it yet though, currently busy with school. I'll probably be motivated to learn about it once the project's released. The idea of giving the Smash 3 art-style parity with Brawl/PM in terms of recolors is pretty nice though.

Another thing I noticed about the Smash 3 Falco (outdated one) was his red costume. Seemed like it had a weird sort of white overlay to it that makes it look almost pink instead of being a vibrant red like it is in Smash 4 and PM. Hope that's fixed because the red and blue colors were my favorites aside from that.

Last edited:

Obskore

Smash Ace
I had always thought the Smash 3 (pretty much the same as in 4) black color for Falco was kind of dull. Brawl Falco's normal black alt with the brown and blue was pretty sick imo. That's kind of why I wanted to learn about texturing, so that if they did not want to do a Brawl/PM based alt costume set for him, I could at least do that black one I like. Haven't gotten to learning about it yet though, currently busy with school. I'll probably be motivated to learn about it once the project's released. The idea of giving the Smash 3 art-style parity with Brawl/PM in terms of recolors is pretty nice though.

Another thing I noticed about the Smash 3 Falco (outdated one) was his red costume. Seemed like it had a weird sort of white overlay to it that makes it look almost pink instead of being a vibrant red like it is in Smash 4 and PM. Hope that's fixed because the red and blue colors were my favorites aside from that.
speaking of custom recolors, is the Smash 3 Team going to release the PSDs along with the big update?

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
Speaking of keeping chat alive, I'm really curious as to Zero Suit Samus and if Olimar's gonna smoke.
zero suit samus is well endowed and we are trying to get jiggle physics to work for her atm, it's why she taking so long to complete.

as for olimar, he's just trying to survive the night.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
zero suit samus is well endowed and we are trying to get jiggle physics to work for her atm, it's why she taking so long to complete.

as for olimar, he's just trying to survive the night.
Oh deary me... I don't know what or how to think about those statements.

turtletank

Smash Journeyman
Sorry to ask but is this project still happening? It's been months with barely a peep from the developers.

DualX

Smash Apprentice
They've been working secretly with the dev team to implement a fully realized and completed version of the textures to be released with the baseline version of Project M 4.0.

lol

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Sorry to ask but is this project still happening? It's been months with barely a peep from the developers.
In some way or form, the things we've been working on will come out eventually. A lot of our team members now have other responsibilities (like jobs, school, and life in general) that take priority over a hobby like Brawl modding.

Top Bottom