• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Skyloft Library's Zelda Compendium

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Hardly any moves move as far as Farore's wind, plus she disappears, so often times people don't expect it.
But like Cour said It really depends on the player.
Some people it's totally useless on like Meneil and youll just get punished for it.
But when they don't know it's coming it can possibly take a stock.

Doesn't just regular jumping prevent you from drowning too?

Zelda's rising transform covers much more horizontal space than Sheiks, and Sheiks is much more vertical.
Back when I used to use both of them evenly it made it really safe to transform.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
No, regular jumping just pauses the drowning timer.

Transforming and letting Zelda/Sheik go right underwater resets it completely.

Not useful at all though, unless you're on your last 10 seconds and there's water there...

I like, did a rising transformation once, but Zelda went past the side blastlines, and didn't die until she became Sheik.

Opponent was like: whut?

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Okay added most of this information. Not too sure about the Nair tech though.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I think the nair thing is about follow ups we can do from nair. Nair gives us like, 32 or 28 frame advantage, so it lets us do lots of stuff. Especially to large characters like Snake, Bowser and Dedede.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
No, regular jumping just pauses the drowning timer.

Transforming and letting Zelda/Sheik go right underwater resets it completely.

Not useful at all though, unless you're on your last 10 seconds and there's water there...

I like, did a rising transformation once, but Zelda went past the side blastlines, and didn't die until she became Sheik.

Opponent was like: whut?
Yeah she can't die while transforming.
Technically she isn't even on the stage at all.
The n-air thing had a thread about it or something that Kayla made I think, I don't really remember but someone tested it.
It's neat it's just unreliable.

Anyways I feel like Im forgetting something she can do...

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
lol, so basically when Zelda is transforming, she actually teleports to Hyrule Castle and gets changed into Sheik's clothing, then teleports back.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Puts on her running shoes, get out her infinite pouch of needles, chain, dies her hair blond, puts it in a ponytail, goes tanning, puts in colored contacts, goes up several spots on the tier list, etc.

All in a days work for a princess/queen/ninja.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
LOL sure :p

I'll make some tiny adjustments to it though. Not sure if it's good. Take a look?

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
The images look a bit messy when there's two of them next to each other.

Maybe do the same thing you did for ftilt and make it so there's just one picture for a move and the rest are in collapse tags?

*folds arms*

Gonna test ledge attacks and stuff nao.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
lol Fuujin.
I never FLC unless I really need to. Like if I'm at the bottom of FD.

Just to point out Zelda's Side-B doesn't have a ledge sweetspot, which is really weird as she goes helpless using it in the air.

I have this awesome video of me doing a 3-stock (or 2, forget) someone with Zelda... twice(?) in a set. I'll have to confirm, but it's pretty sex. :33

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Omg I posted this like yesterday and this thread already moved up several pages xD

Hey thanks for helping out Mocha, and haven't seen you for a while :p

Did some proof-reading, started structure for stages and inspiration.

*would like some pro words of encouragement and awesome vids from you guys*

Edit: Added some stuff for strategy. Pretty bad stuff though.
You're welcome! And yeah, been busy on and off, but I'm still hanging around every now and then. I like what you did with the guide so far =)

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Thanks :). I do get lazy a lot, especially when I don't know what to add to the guide.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Nayru's Love Drop is similar to Love Jump in technique. The application of this move could be to fastfall while protecting yourself from projectiles or to land directly on your opponent as a surprise.

The method is to buffer down or diagonally downwards then follow up with Nayru's Love. Buffering diagonally downwards may cause Zelda to use Transform, so instead of moving the joystick diagonally, try rolling it from downwards to sideways.
The way I Love Drop is by using Fair, Bair, or Dair then use Nayru's either normal or reversed for down and Diagonal respectively. no use for control stick except for reversing Nayru's.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Awesome, let me add that!

Don't think I'll be updating much for a while. Four midterms, quizzes, case study, smashfests, and whatnot in the next 7 days lol.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Haha, I'm not overly concerned. It's actually the case study and smashfest that's gonna eat up the most time.

Thanks for the encouragement though. :)

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Added some stuff for Battlefield and Castle Siege. Will be adding short description to the other stages over time.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Oh that's pretty awesome. Thanks :)

I think things are slowly calming down so I can spend more time on the guide. But not today since it's Halloween.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
TL's Dair can also cancel out din's (the way I got it to cancel is that TL needs to be hit then use Dair. he won't FF like he normally does)

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Haha I know it puts Zelda on blast but it does help Zeldas to know what to expect and we're better off knowing earlier than later... although Fuujin has already done this :p. Take a look and you'll feel depressed...

:phone:

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
well, at least if someone decides to clash din's with their aerial we refresh some moves...

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I'm disappointed this was deleted :hulk:

Fortunately... :awesome:... I saved a previous version with all the code in place. I have this guide stored.

I'll speak to Courier and convince him to return :smash: I'll keep everyone updated but in the meantime I'm locking this.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Change to title and opening picture. Will update soon I promise!

Work and taking 6 classes is a *****.

Top Bottom