• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Skullgirls Thread

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
I actually do hate this game now, but I'm going to give ya'll the grace to talk about it here.

Last edited:

Theta Zero

Smash Cadet
This is all you need to know.

Honestly, though. It's kind of meh. It's neat as what it was meant to be--a demonstration of the designers' ability to make many frame-by-frame hand animations, but that's where its pleasantries tend to end.

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
ayyyy, mah bois Band and Beowulf are the best! go Brass Beast!

I can't always play, but ring me up if anyone wants to de beta, i'm more or less staying in there until Beowulf reached the retail game.

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
Am I the only one a little bit miffed that they didn't end up adding Zone-Tan into the game. That was the one April Fools joke that I actually really wanted. The creators on Zone Sama said she wouldn't fit in the Skullgirls universe, but I kind of disagree. She could be in a story mode representing the sleazy, crime filled nightlife of New Meridia. Maybe she could do some good too. Defeat Eliza before she destroys everything or something. Besides, they're willing to add Fukua into the game over Zone? An actual original character who could have a relevant story line? (Side note, but I kind of like how all of the story lines seem intertwined somehow, minus Fukua of course, and I'd like to see the role Zone-Tan could play in this story.)

Last edited:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Skullgirl's soundtrack is definitely cool. Has a nice style to it and it's pretty catchy. I don't spend a lot of time on SG, but I find the songs pretty easy to remember.

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
I also love the lore. I generally don't buy into a mandatory DLC craze, but the SG lore is interesting, yet just unfinished enough to where I want to see where it's going. What happened to Minette? Does Black Dahlia get hers in the end? What about Venus and Aeon? I need to know!!!

Last edited:

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
I also love the lore. I generally don't buy into a mandatory DLC craze, but the SG lore is interesting, yet just unfinished enough to where I want to see where it's going. What happened to Minette? Does Black Dahlia get hers in the end? What about Jupiter and Aeon? I need to know!!!
You mean Venus and Aeon?

(Also some about Venus and Aeon is answered in Eliza's story, but it also puts up more questions.)

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
So, here's the full feature list for Skullgirls 2nd Encore, the PS4/Vita port with new and extra features!

If you don't like links, here's the rundown:

- - The game will have FULLY DUBBED STORY MODES! This list shows the whole cast for all characters that appear in the story modes we have now <this list excludes any potential characters that only have dialogue in Robo-Fortune's Story Mode>.
- - Challenge Mode: Essentially, EVENT MATCHES! Can you fight against Big Band without being able to jump? How about a team of 3 Doubles?

- - Trials Mode: Need help with your combos? This mode is for you! Each character has a set of combo trials for you to defeat, based on combos actually used by high-level players!

There's a chance of the PC receiving these extra bells and whistles via paid DLC <it can't be free due to the funding for these additions not spawning from the Indiegogo funds>, but for now it's to be exclusive to PS4 and PSV. Stay tuned!

In other news, Beowulf has been released in North America on all platforms, and for 360 and PC in Europe! The European release on PS3 will arrive on May 5th.

Last edited:
3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
So, here's the full feature list for Skullgirls 2nd Encore, the PS4/Vita port with new and extra features!

- - The game will have FULLY DUBBED STORY MODES! This list shows the whole cast for all characters that appear in the story modes we have now <this list excludes any potential characters that only have dialogue in Robo-Fortune's Story Mode>.
- - Challenge Mode: Essentially, EVENT MATCHES! Can you fight against Big Band without being able to jump? How about a team of 3 Doubles?
- - Trials Mode: Need help with your combos? This mode is for you! Each character has a set of combo trials for you to defeat, based on combos actually used by high-level players!

There's a chance of the PC receiving these extra bells and whistles via paid DLC <it can't be free due to the funding for these additions not spawning from the Indiegogo funds>, but for now it's to be exclusive to PS4 and PSV. Stay tuned!

In other news, Beowulf has been released in North America on all platforms, and for 360 and PC in Europe! The European release on PS3 will arrive on May 5th.
I love that villager Beowulf profile pic.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301

Son of a gun. That's pretty big news.

I'm hype for Beowfulf. I haven't played since Eliza was released, but damn it if I'm not in love with this game and everything it stands for.

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
Those were both L0's doing. In fact, you can hear L0 members in the <now not working?> Vine.

Anyway, good thing you revived this thread: the 2nd Encore stuff is confirmed to go to PC as paid DLC at some future point when they aren't flooded with Indivisible-related stuff.

Bluekirby2

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bluekirby2
I got the game a few days ago on Steam for $2.99

...Only to find out the MP and LK buttons don't work. I don't know why, but it's stupid.

*sigh* Oh well. If my parents found out I was playing it, I would have some serious explaining to do. :c

psppwner300

Smash Rookie
Sad to see there aren't any character textures from this game...I'd love it if someone could make a Parasoul texture over, say, Zero Suit Samus. Heck, I'd even pay the dude.

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
Quite the big necro, but SG 2nd Encore has been confirmed for the Switch
both a physical and digital release as well

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Quite the big necro, but SG 2nd Encore has been confirmed for the Switch
both a physical and digital release as well

Wow, didn't know there was a Skullgirl thread here.
So... Skullgirls has always been my top wish Switch, when Labzero announce Indivisible for Switch. To me this is a great Labsero introduction title for Switch fans.

And in my opinion, Switch is probably the best platform for Skullgirls to be on, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, and PS4 are well... home consoles only... sure they run 60fps very smoothly but I'm pretty sure Skullgirls can run 60 fps on Switch easily as well. Skullgirls was absent on both Nintendo's handheld home consoles back in 2012 was because 3DS was impossible for them to develop, while Wii U (You guessed) sales made them back away.

PS Vita just wasn't a good handheld to play fighting games on.
While Skullgirls did sold decent, I'm pretty sure the game will still do good on Switch.

Top Bottom