• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Single Horn Pokemon, Heracross, for Sm4sh

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDuckletts

Smash Ace
NNID
JaredandCompany
3DS FC
2105-8715-5535
*still a work in progress*
Heracross

Overview
Heracross is a Bug/Fighting type Pokemon introduced in Generation 2. It is most notable for it's massive horn, which Heracross can use to easily lift things nearly 100 times it's own weight. It also uses it's horn to toss foes straight into the air. Also, in generation 6, Heracross was lucky enough to receive a shiny new Mega-Evolution.

In Smash Bros.
So far, Heracross has only been seen in Super Smash Bros. Melee as a trophy, so we know that Sakurai has acknowledged his existence before. However, now might be Heracross' best chance at getting into Smash, due to the before-mentioned Mega-Evolution.

Movesets
[collapse="KingShadow's Moveset"]N Special: Brick Break: A chargeable attack. The longer it is charged, the farther Herracross will go. If he comes close enough to a foe, he uppercuts them, like Raptor Boost. Major difference between the two moves is that this move will break shields, reflectors, etc. Breaking shields won't cause shield stun. 9% damage.
S Special: Thief: Herracross lunges forward. If he nears a foe, he will pummel them. If they have an item, he will steal it. 8% damage.
U Special: Aerial Ace: On ground, Herracross homes in on a foe. In air, he jumps upwards. Ground damage: 6%. Air damage: 11%.
D Special: Megahorn: A really lagful move. Herracross charges forward, surrounded by red aura. Despite being a really strong attack, it has quite the risk. Half the time, he trips and takes 15% damage. Deals 26% damage.
FS: Fling-a-thon: Herracross jumps into the area where the PT is (the foreground?) and starts flinging things at the other players with his horn. These things range from: Boulders, Empty Poke Balls, Logs, Bricks, and Gym Statues. Each thing does 20% damage.
[/collapse]
Supporters
[collapse="Heracross Supporters"]McDuckletts, KingShadow, MorbidAltruism, Mega Dunsparse, SuperBrawler, Tepig2000, asia_catdog_blue, andalsoandy, Headcrab Jackalope, Cobalsh, HylianHeroBigBoss, dimensionsword64, Gune[/collapse]

Discuss!

*by Zhadgon*
Take a support icon on your way out, too.​

Last edited:

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
My Specials + FS move set is nearly completed. Will do a full out move set later.
Edit: Done!
N Special: Brick Break: A chargeable attack. The longer it is charged, the farther Herracross will go. If he comes close enough to a foe, he uppercuts them, like Raptor Boost. Major difference between the two moves is that this move will break shields, reflectors, etc. Breaking shields won't cause shield stun. 9% damage.
S Special: Thief: Herracross lunges forward. If he nears a foe, he will pummel them. If they have an item, he will steal it. 8% damage.
U Special: Aerial Ace: On ground, Herracross homes in on a foe. In air, he jumps upwards. Ground damage: 6%. Air damage: 11%.
D Special: Megahorn: A really lagful move. Herracross charges forward, surrounded by red aura. Despite being a really strong attack, it has quite the risk. Half the time, he trips and takes 15% damage. Deals 26% damage.
FS: Fling-a-thon: Herracross jumps into the area where the PT is (the foreground?) and starts flinging things at the other players with his horn. These things range from: Boulders, Empty Poke Balls, Logs, Bricks, and Gym Statues. Each thing does 20% damage.

Last edited:

McDuckletts

Smash Ace
NNID
JaredandCompany
3DS FC
2105-8715-5535
I'll support Heracross is one of my favourite bug types
I support. Would be awesome, and is my favourite Pokémon besides Pichu and Jigglypuff, and Scizor.
Added both of you!

Edit: Done!
N Special: Brick Break: A chargeable attack. The longer it is charged, the farther Herracross will go. If he comes close enough to a foe, he uppercuts them, like Raptor Boost. Major difference between the two moves is that this move will break shields, reflectors, etc. Breaking shields won't cause shield stun. 9% damage.
Wow, that moveset is fantastic! Great job, KS! I've added it to the OP.

pezaddict

Smash Lord
This character is pretty unlikely, but I think he'd be fun to play as! A good color swap could involve using his regular and shiny forms. Another idea would be to display the gender differences (the horn looks different) as part of the color swap. I don't think it would change all that much, but just a little detail.

It would also be cool to be able to fling your partner at your opponents in 2v2 battles. An idea for a final smash would be to have Heracross mega evolve, and then be able to use Mega Heracross for a limited amount of time. Similar to the Super Wario move, really.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Too bad his Mega Form is little more than an ugly can opener

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Here's an example of a character who may not get in, but has fantastic moveset potentials. If he's not a character, he should definitely be a pokeball pokemon.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
This would be great. He could do moves similar to Buggsy from Kirby. Plus, Sakurai worked on that game.

I support.

McDuckletts

Smash Ace
NNID
JaredandCompany
3DS FC
2105-8715-5535
This would be great. He could do moves similar to Buggsy from Kirby. Plus, Sakurai worked on that game.

I support.
Funny you should say that, because I was actually working a moveset that was inspired by Bugzzy! I mean it just makes so much sense.

Added!

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Funny you should say that, because I was actually working a moveset that was inspired by Bugzzy! I mean it just makes so much sense.

Added!
I have no idea how to spell Bugzzy.

But yeah
, Seismic Toss could be like Suplex. It would make a great side-B. He could rush forward like Falcon's Raptor Boost, then throw the opponent backward.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
His Final Smash should be him Mega Evolving, jumping to the top of the stage, and shooting lots of Pin Missiles, Rock Blasts, and Bullet Seeds down. BTW I support.

Last edited:

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Add me, because I love this guy. Also, what editing software did you use for your multiple sigs?

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Id definitely support heracross for this game, hes one of my favorite pokemon (based off my favorite animal). His ability to fly, and shovel and throw his enemies could be awesome. Sign me up!

Id also like to see his mega forme as a final smash too

McDuckletts

Smash Ace
NNID
JaredandCompany
3DS FC
2105-8715-5535
Id definitely support heracross for this game, hes one of my favorite pokemon (based off my favorite animal). His ability to fly, and shovel and throw his enemies could be awesome. Sign me up!

Id also like to see his mega forme as a final smash too

You have been added.

Gune

Smash Lord
Heracross has always been one of my favorite fighting types next to hitmonchan and lucario so of course he has my support!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom