• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Silly Kyle Video Archive and Critique Thread

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
No, turnip OoS takes longer to come out than Nair.
Technically not true if we're talking about forward throw (Turnip hits earliest on Frame 8) but yes for all other throws (Turnip hits earliest on Frame 11)

Having said that, you'll have to wait for the Turnip to actually travel to hit the opponent whereas Nair will hit right off the bat BUT if you Glide Toss the Turnip or if the opponent is right next to you then you could potentially remove that possibility since the distance you travel from the Glide Toss would make up for the time it would normally take for the Turnip to hit

Nair comes out on Frame 3 but you still have to deal with the 6 frames from jumping which means that a ground Floating Nair would actually come out on Frame 8 (since Frame 1 of Nair starts on Frame 6 of Jump)

Hmmmmmm

I can definitely see what Nordal is saying about the OoS Floating Nairs because there were some dodgy spaced Fairs from Marth that could have been punished and indeed when you have a Turnip in hand you can't Jab OoS so Floating Nair could be an alternative that gives more knockback (handy if you hit them offstage/near the ledge?)

I would generally go for the OoS Turnip option (but I do oh so love OoS Turnips) but if your opponent is right next to you and provided you haven't slid away too far from pushback when your shield gets hit, Nair is certainly an option

any advice?

You play very safe but you aren't passive which I really like - a safe Peach is always a good way to go imo (but not to the point where you don't do anything). I really like your use of Nair, you used it in a lot of places where I was expecting Jab. Don't forget about Jab though, it's still a very handy leave-me-alone tool and has more reach than Nair (missing a SH Nair leaves you in a fairly poor position whereas the cooldown for Jab isn't as bad). Alternatively there's Down Smash which works well if someone lands near you and puts up their shield, more often than not it'll poke them and send away, putting you in a more favourable positon

Vs Lucario, don't be afraid you use your 2nd jump more as a spacing tool. Using your 2nd jump as a way to out manoeuvre your opponent can work wonders, especially vs someone like Lucario when spacing is very tight. And don't forget Up Tilt! It was good to see you attempting to punish landings with ground Float Nairs but be very careful of Lucario's Dair. Up Tilt is a better option when you're trying to hit him as he's trying to land due to is massive hitbox

I don't know a great deal about Snake (you seemed to do alright) but Vs Falco don't forget about Dash Attack, the 2nd hit is very disjointed and it's a good way of popping him up in the air in an unfavourable position for him when he's trying to barrage you with a stream of lasers

Marcosplay

Smash Rookie
You play very safe but you aren't passive which I really like - a safe Peach is always a good way to go imo (but not to the point where you don't do anything). I really like your use of Nair, you used it in a lot of places where I was expecting Jab. Don't forget about Jab though, it's still a very handy leave-me-alone tool and has more reach than Nair (missing a SH Nair leaves you in a fairly poor position whereas the cooldown for Jab isn't as bad). Alternatively there's Down Smash which works well if someone lands near you and puts up their shield, more often than not it'll poke them and send away, putting you in a more favourable positon

Vs Lucario, don't be afraid you use your 2nd jump more as a spacing tool. Using your 2nd jump as a way to out manoeuvre your opponent can work wonders, especially vs someone like Lucario when spacing is very tight. And don't forget Up Tilt! It was good to see you attempting to punish landings with ground Float Nairs but be very careful of Lucario's Dair. Up Tilt is a better option when you're trying to hit him as he's trying to land due to is massive hitbox

I don't know a great deal about Snake (you seemed to do alright) but Vs Falco don't forget about Dash Attack, the 2nd hit is very disjointed and it's a good way of popping him up in the air in an unfavourable position for him when he's trying to barrage you with a stream of lasers
Ok, I will try,
thank you very much.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Got some videos from the last tournament I attended.

Results:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=324970

Loser's Semifinals
(best of 3)
Silly Kyle :peach: vs. K9 :falco:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwvu6w93p4M&feature=relmfu

Loser's Finals (best of 5)
Silly Kyle:peach: vs. KiraFlax :pit: / :rob:
Only matches 1 and 2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSqHEK4wz_w&feature=related

Grand Finals (best of 5)
Silly Kyle :peach: vs. Tyrant :metaknight:
Only matches 1 and 2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EB1HHpKlwa0&feature=relmfu

Critique would be appreciated on all of them lol. Now that I'm #1, I gotta keep my edge on Kira and K9 and the rest of AZ. And I want to take a game off Tyrant next time! ;)

Nordal

Smash Lord
I'm confused as to why only matches 1 and 2 were recorded for both sets, but I made some general observations.

Vs. Kira you threw out a looooot of predetermined followups instead of actually reading his DI. I think you may have just been nervous because that's not very characteristic of how you normally play. You also approached a lot despite being way ahead and almost lost the game after having a gigantic lead. You were clearly choking and mispaced a lot of Fairs. I guess what I'm saying is be more consistent with your combo followups.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Not sure if you wanna trust a newbie but there are just a few things I'd adjust in that game.

The DI on that down throw at higher percentages should definitely be upwards and not sideways due to dacus. If you did that, you probably would have won.

Also, I think Peach really excels at offstage pressure in this matchup. Normally, when sent offstage, Falco will probably be fast falling then side b-ing to recover. Peach definitely has great options here such as throwing a turnip above the ground, then waiting to neutral air his phantasm on the ground. This really screws up Falco's options since he'll likely side b into the turnip or into your neutral air. If he recovers to the ledge, keep your distance facing away. He'll get up recover which you can attack with a back air, or Falco will phantasm which you can neutral air.

When you get close to Falco, or pressure him to the edge of the stage, they love to phantasm to safety too. Just do a grounded neutral air, or back air, to punish it.

Oh yeah, great Peach! :peach:<3

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
I really like your grabs in that match, Dark Pch., however, I just feel like you weren't playing the matchup properly. I felt like you were going for too many short hop dairs, which are really kewl, but I think you need to float more aerial attacks against Falcon. What Peach excels at in this matchup is applying pressure and abusing her priority, and I just didn't really see enough of that in that match. Also, you need to work on your DI against some of his moves. I was surprised you survived the way you DI'd some of Falcon's hits.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I don't float to air attacks against fast characters. She is slow in the air. Short hop dairs lead to cross ups, faster follow ups and And more time for me to move and shark an opponent when the last hit of the move hits the enemy, I touch the floor sooner in stead of having to fast fall. it makes my combat and pressure game faster.

If I am floating alot, people can easily react to it. Roll or even hit me out of it since im open from the waist up.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Completely agreed with Silly Kyle.

Also whatever about that marth comment you can z drop the turnip OoS and air dodge at the same time using the buffer.

Triple post because jesus why are there so many peaches posting in here

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Watch my extremely generic and rusty Peach because I only play this game once in four months at a random smashfest/tourney here:

(Skip the first match please.)

EDIT: oh my gawd we can embed vids now

Neon!

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/threads/334168/#post-15333614

Tourney I attended about 2 weeks ago.
I finally have some cute peach vids that I would want some input and stuffs.

SlayerZ vs Z
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-PinOQhJZc
SlayerZ vs SK92
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdyCusEeAfE

okay.
Against SK92 you applied great pressure in the beginning of the first game and built up quite a bit of momentum but seemed to lose it after you lost your first stock. For example at 4:02 you hit him with the weak part of bair and instead of pursuing with an uair which would have killed you tried to cover his landing options. In this situation it would have been better to pursue falco in the air and risk getting dair'd since the risk/reward was in your favor. After this point falco was able to tack on a total of 65% before losing his 2nd stock due to the fact that he started playing safer and avoiding your somewhat frantic and aggressive kill setups.

Your pressure in this matchup is on point but there were cases when you could have let off. Laser damage is inevitable but there a couple times where it seemed to frustrate you to the point of overcommitting to a certain approach.
Overall this was a great set, and a great example of how to play against falco.

I’ve considered playing peach more seriously now, here’s a recent match of my own. Criticism is welcome.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GzcsPUiyJo

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
I finally have a video of my Peach from this weekend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGPuDVMYNp8

Any tips or anything would be great, be as harsh as you want with this. I was really afraid of getting timed out which is why I was rolling away a lot and TRYING to play safe. This stage was the Wario's cp. I was not really sure what to do with a beam sword either. @_@ Haha.

submediant

Smash Rookie
NNID
submediants
Hey, I'm a newbie! I'm not sure if these are supposed to go here or not, but I have some videos and I'd really like some critique (I know I need to work on properly spacing fairs, but I know there are a lot of things I can improve on). All I have are Twitch.tv videos, so I'll just post where in the video my sets are.

This video is of one of my school's weekly tournaments.
http://www.twitch.tv/meoang/c/2147632
I have sets at
8:55 - VS Sonic/Wario
21:00 - VS Sheik
48:35 - VS Pit

And this one is from a Xanadu session.
http://www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp/b/388835764
3:06:00 - VS Logic
3:55:30 - VS Pink Fresh

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
White Peach!!!!!!

That set was so damn close, omg. I wish I had some good feedback to give. But I love watching your peach in P:M. :>

White-Peach

Smash Ace
They have the smashfest/tournament once a week, I think I'm going to get back into this because I'm bored and need stuff to do! I might be posting my failings regularly. :)

Top Bottom