• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The [Shocking] Official R.O.B. Video Critique Thread

Heartstring

Smash Legend
No, it's too expensive o:

Yeah ok, thx for the advice.

You play Ike and ROB ?
aww, damn shame :(

and yeah, i dual main ike and rob together...ganon too but i hardly get the chance to pull him out, despite the fact he's actually my best character XD

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Premium
aww, damn shame :(

and yeah, i dual main ike and rob together...ganon too but i hardly get the chance to pull him out, despite the fact he's actually my best character XD
It's pretty funny that you main those three characters. I was hanging out with Kirk and DLA the other day, and they started talking about the video you commentated in that you posted here and apparently on their boards too, and I knew exactly what they were talking about. :awesome:

Btw, I don't remember how we got on the talk of the video, it just came up while we were going to get food.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
It's pretty funny that you main those three characters. I was hanging out with Kirk and DLA the other day, and they started talking about the video you commentated in that you posted here and apparently on their boards too, and I knew exactly what they were talking about. :awesome:

Btw, I don't remember how we got on the talk of the video, it just came up while we were going to get food.
lol, well its good to know my posts dont go totally ignored XD
and yeah i post in ike rob and ganon socials generally
go on, im ready for the hate: what was the general opinion of my commentary? and no i wasnt the guy eating the microphone XD

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Premium
I didn't watch much of it because I was in class at the time, but both commentators sounded the same to me, haha. If you relink it, I'll watch it if you want, I don't feel like digging for it in the social.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Premium
Just letting you know, Luigi poops on Olimar. His nair beats all of Olimar's aerials, and possibly even up smash, I'm not too sure on that though. It's Olimar's worst MU iirc.

Overall, your commentary was good. Better than the guy eating the microphone. XD I should try commentating some time, it seems fun.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
oh really? the guy who uses luigi informs us that olimar is only a good MU because of that, so i just rolled with his info as i have f' all on luigi XD

and thanks, its incredibly fun. it helps if youre the guy who owns the microphone, gives you a much better reason to be on the mic XD

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Tournament set from last saturday
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnlh2nB9ra8&feature=feedu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ys2ZoEyXSag&feature=feedu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTEmpwnkliM&feature=feedu
I request a general overview or a comprehensive one. I suck at this matchup.. please help me :(
Thanks in advance!
Trust me when I say that this post will not go ignored. Give me within the week to thoroughly get back to you. I'm stuck with a very busy and important schedule this week with college (got some tests coming up that can either make me or break me lol) but once my time frees up, I will make it a priority to watch these and get some feedback to you.

&thanks for sharing.
<33

8Bitman

Smash Master
Alright, Gike, nice set. But there are some major things to work on.

Against Olimar, if you win, ALWAYS BAN CASTLE SIEGE. It is Olimar's best CP. They will ALWAYS GO THERE. Another thing, I noticed you were very good at reading rolls and getting pretty amazing grabs on him. BUT, you were rolling as a form of travel at important points in the match. In one of the matches you rolled away 3-times in a row, that time could be used to bait a Side-step -> grab/etc. or run away and spam. Try to get rid of that habit.

I noticed you are very experienced with R.O.B's technical side. BUT, on Castle Siege you fell doing a DownB (When your Gyro was already out) right into Olimar MULTIPLE TIMES. You need to KNOW when your Gyro is out and try to not be as technical in those specific situations. You have very nice spacing, but like most R.O.B's we like to start doing reverses out the A** and get all technical and it messes up our senses so to speak.

Also you ***** him second match, this wasn't a fluke, it is what R.O.B can do to Olimar is you pressure them too much on a small stage. ALWAYS CP SV if you can. Being Aggressive is very good in the MU but don't let it get the best of you because when Olimar punishes, HE PUNISHES BAD!

Plus another thing I noticed was when you were coming back to the stage, many times you would fall under than do an UpB and Nair upward. DON'T DO THAT! Olimar is bad attacking when you are on the edge, make use of it. He can't do a killing move when you are hanging unless of course he goes off stage and attacks with an aerial. You lost First match because you tried to get back to the stage this way.

Just go to the edge and collect your senses. I always try to go to the edge against certain characters to calm myself down in a match. ^_^

Sorry if this is confusing in any way. If it is, please tell me what you need me to elaborate on. Nice set. ^_^

Gike

Smash Cadet
Trust me when I say that this post will not go ignored. Give me within the week to thoroughly get back to you. I'm stuck with a very busy and important schedule this week with college (got some tests coming up that can either make me or break me lol) but once my time frees up, I will make it a priority to watch these and get some feedback to you.

&thanks for sharing.
<33
Okay, thanks! And good luck with your tests.

Alright, Gike, nice set. But there are some major things to work on.

Against Olimar, if you win, ALWAYS BAN CASTLE SIEGE. It is Olimar's best CP. They will ALWAYS GO THERE. Another thing, I noticed you were very good at reading rolls and getting pretty amazing grabs on him. BUT, you were rolling as a form of travel at important points in the match. In one of the matches you rolled away 3-times in a row, that time could be used to bait a Side-step -> grab/etc. or run away and spam. Try to get rid of that habit.

I noticed you are very experienced with R.O.B's technical side. BUT, on Castle Siege you fell doing a DownB (When your Gyro was already out) right into Olimar MULTIPLE TIMES. You need to KNOW when your Gyro is out and try to not be as technical in those specific situations. You have very nice spacing, but like most R.O.B's we like to start doing reverses out the A** and get all technical and it messes up our senses so to speak.

Also you ***** him second match, this wasn't a fluke, it is what R.O.B can do to Olimar is you pressure them too much on a small stage. ALWAYS CP SV if you can. Being Aggressive is very good in the MU but don't let it get the best of you because when Olimar punishes, HE PUNISHES BAD!

Plus another thing I noticed was when you were coming back to the stage, many times you would fall under than do an UpB and Nair upward. DON'T DO THAT! Olimar is bad attacking when you are on the edge, make use of it. He can't do a killing move when you are hanging unless of course he goes off stage and attacks with an aerial. You lost First match because you tried to get back to the stage this way.

Just go to the edge and collect your senses. I always try to go to the edge against certain characters to calm myself down in a match. ^_^

Sorry if this is confusing in any way. If it is, please tell me what you need me to elaborate on. Nice set. ^_^
I was surprised that he chose Castle Siege, but then i remembered something about Olimar being very good on that stage.. i will ban it in the future. Crow gets better and better and i lost two sets against him already :(. Yeah, i often can't resist to do too many technical things while playing, which sometimes results in me doing a side-b or something, or other dumb stuff. Anyway, thank you for helping! I will try to get rid of those habits. :)

Please excuse me if there are grammatical errors in my sentences, i don't think that my english is the best.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
great, now i got to compete for best european rob with this guy. sadface

also, i like seige to much to ban it vs. lolimar personally XD

8Bitman

Smash Master
Okay, thanks! And good luck with your tests.

I was surprised that he chose Castle Siege, but then i remembered something about Olimar being very good on that stage.. i will ban it in the future. Crow gets better and better and i lost two sets against him already :(. Yeah, i often can't resist to do too many technical things while playing, which sometimes results in me doing a side-b or something, or other dumb stuff. Anyway, thank you for helping! I will try to get rid of those habits. :)

Please excuse me if there are grammatical errors in my sentences, i don't think that my english is the best.
No problem, you are a very good R.O.B I saw amazing things you were doing. Just from experience from fighting too much High Tiers though, you can't be too technical and consistent with it. Or you will get punished for it, don't try to be slick, just get back to the ground. =P

Also your english is good, nothing wrong at all. =)

great, now i got to compete for best european rob with this guy. sadface

also, i like seige to much to ban it vs. lolimar personally XD
It's too good of a stage for Olimar, you will lose. If you don't ban it Gike will be considered better than you. :troll: trolololololololo

Heartstring

Smash Legend
the ****? whered all these europe robs appear from?!
and i dont need to bother banning anything other than yoshis island, uk plays almost solely on the 5 neutrals XD

8Bitman

Smash Master
.... But Gike just played an Olimar on Castle Siege...... O.o

EDIT!: @Nintenpro: I just watched that set, you would've won if you went R.O.B from Game 1. You adapt well in the matches, and you probably would've lost Game 1 with R.O.B, then won Game 2, then won game 3 with ease.

Now on to the technical/strategic side of the game. You have a very nice R.O.B never watched matches of you before. Only a few things to touch up on. I hate the Marth MU myself but there are key things to follow to make it a much more bearable MU.

My two favorite things you did was at 6:47, when you Z-Dropped the Gyro into an Airdodge and you got out of the situation. The other from 7:10-7:14, it isn't necessarily reading but a nice combo mix up to catch any Airdodges. ^_^

Alright onto the critiquing, a few times when you were coming back you came up with an aerial and you got punished or it. When coming back to the edge you need to go Up and Over onto the stage. R.O.B has a very maneuverable Up-B make use of what it CAN do. Also when you were coming down from your amazing combo after 7:14, you kept falling and then airdodged. When in that situation, Up-B and get the PHUCK out of there. He had no more jumps and he was basing his entire actions off of yours. If you never airdodged he probably would have Fair'd way later. Or if you just Up-B'd then you would have escaped that situation entirely and got back to the stage and maybe even got an even larger % lead before dying. =)

Alright, good good. Nice set. ^_^

sneakytako

Smash Lord
Tournament set from last saturday
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnlh2nB9ra8&feature=feedu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ys2ZoEyXSag&feature=feedu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTEmpwnkliM&feature=feedu
I request a general overview or a comprehensive one. I suck at this matchup.. please help me :(
Thanks in advance!
Hey guys I've got some free time today so I thought I might come back into this thread and do stuff.

Ok Gike, your technical skill for ROB is really impressive, but you have a whole bunch of holes in your game that once you fix you will get really solid really quickly.

First off I'm just going to note that I'm not going to comment on your Side-B usage. I don't use the move enough to make a genuine critique on anyone else's usage of the move, I like when pople think out of the box.

Concerning the first vid (which was the only vid I watched for this critique), I have some major concerns about your general aggressiveness. At the start of the match you do about 43% damage with gyro and laser alone between 0:06 and 0:36, this is the general strategy you should have kept throughout the game. My major is gripe is between 3:32 and 3:52. You have a stock lead with 95% on your second stock and you only manage to do 33% before you die at 134% and only shave 20 seconds off of the timer. Olimar can only kill you with up and forward smash at that point, there's no reason why you should move away from the top platform. Landing against olimar is extremely dangerous, so why should you take that risk when you have the lead? Make your opponent work for his kills. Now you may have some resistance to this idea thinking 'wow that's gay not to approach' but when you make analogies to other games/situations it really makes sense. Would you not try and hold on to the ball longer when you are up a score in a close game of soccer (or any ball related sport beside baseball)? Patience and attention are limited resources for both you and your opponent, making them waste as much as possible of both is worth the effort.

My second biggest gripe is that you roll toward your opponent too often. We aren't MK; we can't get away with roll toward > Dsmash, our roll is just not fast enough for them to not react to us. When you feel the pressure on the edge of the stage like 0:36, consider different option to escape that pressure. One obvious choice is to run to the edge. While its generally not favorable to be on the edge while you opponent is on the stage, ROB has the recovery to get over them and land on the other side/platforms to keep them guessing so we can minimize our punishments. Another option is to jump out of shield. Again, not favorable to land against a grounded opponent, but we can escape to a platform to catch our breath and neutralize the pressure.

I don't see enough jabs/dtilts from you. An excellent opportunity would have been 2:16. He SDI's out of our dsmash and you are left thinking 'well that was unexpected'. You might as well jab right here, our jab is pretty fast (comes out on frame 3) and sets up grabs when landed and jab>Dtilt>Ftilt shield pressure when shielded. Jabbing to react to emergency situations will net you some % in otherwise dangerous places.

My last gripe is you need to keep better track of your gyro. You should never press down B while the gryo is out in play, don't let yourself be punishable by following 'scripts' in your head.

Like I said before, you have a lot of technical skill with ROB with B-reversals and general timing/rhythm of attacks, but slowing your ROB down some to analyze the situations and considering your options will help you get better fast IMO.

Hope this helps you and GL on your ROB

Edit: These critiques were my thoughts on your ROB in general. If you want olimar specifics MU tips/critique just ask me.

Gike

Smash Cadet
Hey guys I've got some free time today so I thought I might come back into this thread and do stuff.

Ok Gike, your technical skill for ROB is really impressive, but you have a whole bunch of holes in your game that once you fix you will get really solid really quickly.

First off I'm just going to note that I'm not going to comment on your Side-B usage. I don't use the move enough to make a genuine critique on anyone else's usage of the move, I like when pople think out of the box.

Concerning the first vid (which was the only vid I watched for this critique), I have some major concerns about your general aggressiveness. At the start of the match you do about 43% damage with gyro and laser alone between 0:06 and 0:36, this is the general strategy you should have kept throughout the game. My major is gripe is between 3:32 and 3:52. You have a stock lead with 95% on your second stock and you only manage to do 33% before you die at 134% and only shave 20 seconds off of the timer. Olimar can only kill you with up and forward smash at that point, there's no reason why you should move away from the top platform. Landing against olimar is extremely dangerous, so why should you take that risk when you have the lead? Make your opponent work for his kills. Now you may have some resistance to this idea thinking 'wow that's gay not to approach' but when you make analogies to other games/situations it really makes sense. Would you not try and hold on to the ball longer when you are up a score in a close game of soccer (or any ball related sport beside baseball)? Patience and attention are limited resources for both you and your opponent, making them waste as much as possible of both is worth the effort.

My second biggest gripe is that you roll toward your opponent too often. We aren't MK; we can't get away with roll toward > Dsmash, our roll is just not fast enough for them to not react to us. When you feel the pressure on the edge of the stage like 0:36, consider different option to escape that pressure. One obvious choice is to run to the edge. While its generally not favorable to be on the edge while you opponent is on the stage, ROB has the recovery to get over them and land on the other side/platforms to keep them guessing so we can minimize our punishments. Another option is to jump out of shield. Again, not favorable to land against a grounded opponent, but we can escape to a platform to catch our breath and neutralize the pressure.

I don't see enough jabs/dtilts from you. An excellent opportunity would have been 2:16. He SDI's out of our dsmash and you are left thinking 'well that was unexpected'. You might as well jab right here, our jab is pretty fast (comes out on frame 3) and sets up grabs when landed and jab>Dtilt>Ftilt shield pressure when shielded. Jabbing to react to emergency situations will net you some % in otherwise dangerous places.

My last gripe is you need to keep better track of your gyro. You should never press down B while the gryo is out in play, don't let yourself be punishable by following 'scripts' in your head.

Like I said before, you have a lot of technical skill with ROB with B-reversals and general timing/rhythm of attacks, but slowing your ROB down some to analyze the situations and considering your options will help you get better fast IMO.

Hope this helps you and GL on your ROB

Edit: These critiques were my thoughts on your ROB in general. If you want olimar specifics MU tips/critique just ask me.
Wow, thank you very much sneakytako!
Most of the time i side-b by accident and get punished for it :urg:. I was very nervous playing this set. And i don't think that not approaching is gay, i will implement that into my gameplay. I play against this Olimar regularly (he is a member of my crew), and i noticed that jab is really useful against him (i think that i would beat him now) . An emergency jab is a very good idea, i'll try that!:)

I am always willing to improve myself, so it would be nice if i could get some general Olimar MU tips.

8Bitman

Smash Master
Yeah it is always good to run away and get a better position against someone like Olimar when you have a stock lead and high %. Trust me we need a % lead when we finally lose that stock. lol

Nintenpro

Smash Apprentice
@Nintenpro: I just watched that set, you would've won if you went R.O.B from Game 1. You adapt well in the matches, and you probably would've lost Game 1 with R.O.B, then won Game 2, then won game 3 with ease.
I don't know, but don't underestimate Leon :p

I hate the Marth MU myself but there are key things to follow to make it a much more bearable MU.
Oh, so don't go to France, there are so many Marth players :p
The Marth MU is one of the most important MU in France.

And yes, after 7:14 I don't know why I didn't use the upB =/

Thx for the advice :)

8Bitman

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure you would have won. And not problem, it's fun to critique.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIvRtON2epQ
Grand Finals of a Wifi tournament I held yesterday. The lag was consistent (something like 15 frames at most, probably only 10). The G&W is a player who had the infinite replay code (I haven't gotten it working yet) so don't mind him.
Need some C&C on my R.O.B. To be fair, I was beating this Marth pretty consistently in the tourney (I knocked him out of Winner's Finals 3-1 but the matches were insanely even, we usually ended with upwards of 150% and one stock for both people), and I played more campy than usual due to the lag.

8Bitman

Smash Master
IDK why you gave us a set to critique where you won 3-0. But I definitely saw many things you need to learn and touch up on.

First off, everytime you got your Gyro, you were to hasty to Glide Toss and get rid of it. Our Gyro is like GOD to us, don't be too hasty to use it. Every time you got it you instantly Glide Tossed and got punished for it. You need to get it, and wait/Shield to use it. Marth has to come to you, make sure you can take advantage of that and punish Marth when he attacks. Also it bothered me a bit that you didn't know how to pick up your own Gyro... :urg: At 8:24-8:27 and 8:50-8:55 you were trying to pick it up and were punished twice for it. Listen to this:

You cannot pick up a Gyro on an INCLINE where R.O.B is facing down the INCLINE. ALSO if you are to DASH ATTACK the Gyro in any direction even despite the incline you will ALWAYS pick up the Gyro, on PS1 it is very weird because it is an unstable ground that isn't flat nor an incline. DASH ATTACK IT.
For example, on YI Brawl, if your Gyro is on the Slope, you can stand still and pick it up if you are facing UP THE INCLINE, yet if you simply turn around and face DOWN THE INCLINE, you CANNOT pick up the Gyro.

Also from the looks of the set, you need to learn how to use R.O.B's UP-B better. In other words, you need to know how to Reverse it and make it faster to get back to the Stage.

Talk to Mister Eric about Videos to improve your Up-B usage, I just tried looking for some videos on it and don't know the name of it.

But yeah be more patient.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
First off, everytime you got your Gyro, you were to hasty to Glide Toss and get rid of it. Our Gyro is like GOD to us, don't be too hasty to use it. Every time you got it you instantly Glide Tossed and got punished for it. You need to get it, and wait/Shield to use it. Marth has to come to you, make sure you can take advantage of that and punish Marth when he attacks.
Duly noted. I'll try this out more.

Also it bothered me a bit that you didn't know how to pick up your own Gyro... :urg: At 8:24-8:27 and 8:50-8:55 you were trying to pick it up and were punished twice for it. Listen to this:
You cannot pick up a Gyro on an INCLINE where R.O.B is facing down the INCLINE. ALSO if you are to DASH ATTACK the Gyro in any direction even despite the incline you will ALWAYS pick up the Gyro, on PS1 it is very weird because it is an unstable ground that isn't flat nor an incline. DASH ATTACK IT.
For example, on YI Brawl, if your Gyro is on the Slope, you can stand still and pick it up if you are facing UP THE INCLINE, yet if you simply turn around and face DOWN THE INCLINE, you CANNOT pick up the Gyro.
I actually knew the part about the incline, but by the looks of it I hadn't actually put it into my muscle memory yet.
And yeah, the PS1 grass transformation annoyed me. I'll definitely dash attack it in the future.
Would it also be useful/possible to do Jump + Z/R to pick up the gyro on an incline/bumpy terrain like that?

Also from the looks of the set, you need to learn how to use R.O.B's UP-B better. In other words, you need to know how to Reverse it and make it faster to get back to the Stage.
Talk to Mister Eric about Videos to improve your Up-B usage, I just tried looking for some videos on it and don't know the name of it.
I know the ways to reverse it, I don't usually do it during recovery though.

But yeah be more patient.
Will do. Thanks for the critique!

8Bitman

Smash Master
Duly noted. I'll try this out more.

I actually knew the part about the incline, but by the looks of it I hadn't actually put it into my muscle memory yet.
And yeah, the PS1 grass transformation annoyed me. I'll definitely dash attack it in the future.
Would it also be useful/possible to do Jump + Z/R to pick up the gyro on an incline/bumpy terrain like that?

I know the ways to reverse it, I don't usually do it during recovery though.

Will do. Thanks for the critique!
Yeah in recovery it is nice to know how to boost it to get to your opponent fast and kinda catch them off guard, maybe get a Fair in there or two.

Also for the Jump -> Z catch, I am pretty sure that would work, it would just have to be Z caught INSTANTLY when you jump, because on in incline the Gyro is like, harder to catch regardless, I have tried it before, but I just usually Dash-Attack it because being in the air is putting yourself in a horrid situation if the opponent is close, if you Dash-Attack away from them, to get the Gyro, then you have it, and you're now safe. Can't really punish that, unless they run up and grab.

No problem Budz. =)

SxK

Karakuri Shogun mdl 00 "Burei"
I will have a tournament set against Ryo up soon as soon as I steal them off his Wii.
Also, Stingers I saw a few of the games you played with him. I didn't know that our F-Smash beat Aether.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I will have a tournament set against Ryo up soon as soon as I steal them off his Wii.
Also, Stingers I saw a few of the games you played with him. I didn't know that our F-Smash beat Aether.
I want this to get to me STAT! i will benefit from both sides!

Also aether has a big gap in between our sequence of hitboxes. Theres about...10 frames(little shaky on this, theres probably less/more than that) where we have no hitbox and no super armour during aether, its easy enough to hit us out of :(

stingers

Smash Obsessed
How did you see them o.O ryos really good, I want to play him offline tho lol. Ikes one of my fav MUs but I've never played him or san offline so I really don't know anything =p

:phone:

SxK

He saved them.

I get tired after playing him, its takes everything I have just to keep up let alone win. Which doesn't happen often. I can now count on two hands the number of times I've taken a game off him. He's basically my mentor.

I hate the MU though, we've both agreed its easily 60-40 in Ike's favour.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Noo...lol...rob wins...maybe I just haven't played ryo enough =p I mean he's just such a better player then most ppl he just makes the MU look bad.. but really there's just no way lol

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I can't see it personally, i would call it 50-50 personally. But yknow, I'm not exactly a great player of either characters :L

SxK

F-air destroys everything we have in the air when spaced properly.
If the Ike just powershields all our projectiles, or even takes the Gyro, he can do a DACUStoss which is basically a glide toss to gain immense momentum.
And when he constantly jabs our sheild, it diminishes quickly and we all know how bad our shield is. Jabs wreck our faces off.

Granted, when in his face offstage he cant do ****, and a properly spaced B-Air will usually trade with his F-air, and in Ryo's case, he has African DI.
He lives until ******** *** percents, like surviving an up throw at like 230, or even an F-Smash and 140-150.
Our F-air puts in work though, especially when you read his jumps onstage.

B-air's disjointed hitbox his us especially hard, and comes out in like 7 frames or so.

The best way for us to kill Ike is to force him to recover and hit him during the Up B, but even then our hurtbox and Aethers hitbox don't like each other. Hope he doesn't tech.

Basically, if he controls the stage we will always lose. Back Throw to Dash attack is a guaranteed offstage for us.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Well, F-air enough (see what i did there?) But if i jab your shield, you can dtilt/jab me for free unless i go for the second jab hit, if i go for the jab1 again, you hit me :L Not to mention grabbing ikes arm in his jab is possible, so we can get punished even if we space correctly XD

Ofc I am notoriously bad at power-shielding without significant practise, so my input is going to be flawed ^^

SxK

Well, F-air enough (see what i did there?) But if i jab your shield, you can dtilt/jab me for free unless i go for the second jab hit, if i go for the jab1 again, you hit me :L Not to mention grabbing ikes arm in his jab is possible, so we can get punished even if we space correctly XD

Ofc I am notoriously bad at power-shielding without significant practise, so my input is going to be flawed ^^
If you jab cancel perfectly, the spamming of the first hit of his jab is just silly. Then the next and back to the first until we get popped up or DI too far away and then we get hit by the third. Ike's jab=Peach=Falco.
DUMB.
And yes.

Icwutudidthar.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Sounds like you're jumping too much...stay grounded against ike and his approaches suddenly get a lot worse. Just watch out for random dash attacks...

SxK

Staying grounded is an option, but our ground game<His ground game.
His full hop fair and/or short hop nair are genuinely impossible to punish appropriately.

Again, I blame our shield.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
U can't punish sh nair so don't shield it...walk around it, we outrange w/ ftilt. Or ps it if u can. Fh fair either try and run underneath him or just shield it and punish his landing

SxK

If you try and shield it, his jab is in our face before anything.
I'll give you that our F-tilt beats his ground and air approaches often, but our hurtbox is out way too long, and he hits so hard that its not a good idea to try and hit him out of it.

Also, never downsmash unless you KNOW ITS GUARANTEED.

Top Bottom