• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sheikah Shrine; Impa's Spiritual home of Support & Speculation. Hear our voice Echo for a Echo Fighters Pass!

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
While I've only played the first mission of the Age of Calamity demo, it's inspired me enough that I might try writing out a moveset for Impa based on the game.

I might need to wait until I get my hands on the full game (to get access to her fully-upgraded moveset), but her cloning mechanic seems like it would be interesting, even though I might have to limit it to one or two clones rather than the maximum amount that she has in Age of Calamity.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
bot the demo is great the full game is gonna be awesome

it is a little strange to see impa about the same age as zelda

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Impa will probably become ever more popular and am hoping she will also pop up in Breath of the Wild 2 as her younger self which should be possible.

Giga Man

Smash Journeyman
I want Impa so bad now. I want her, I want her, I want her!

I was always a champion of Hyrule Warriors Impa, but I am 100% on board for Age of Calamity Impa as well! I cannot get over how cool she looks in the demo.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I haven't yet played the demo, I get home from work and then the gym late so I was still downloading it yesterday. But it should keep me occupied for the coming weekend, and looking toward to it. I take Link and Impa are the only playable characters? How many hours of gameplay does it have?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I haven't yet played the demo, I get home from work and then the gym late so I was still downloading it yesterday. But it should keep me occupied for the coming weekend, and looking toward to it. I take Link and Impa are the only playable characters? How many hours of gameplay does it have?
you can play as zelda as well, its not very long just the first two levels and some challenges

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
so it seems that people have datamined the demo a found a full list of playable characters. in this spoiler

• Link
  • Zelda
  • Impa
  • Urbosa
  • Mipha
  • Revali
  • Daruk
  • King Rhoam
  • Hestu
  • Riju
  • Sidon
  • Teba
  • Yunobo
  • Great Fairy
  • Master Kohga
  • Monk
  • Mini Guardian
  • Ganon

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
One thing is for certain, this battle system is way deeper than the original game! And way more dynamic, and much more challenging. I still haven't mastered the controls yet. There's SO MUCH happening on the battlefield all at once, enemies need to actually be studied instead of simply button mashed. And that's good!

Impa is also the most fun to play with, at least compared to Link. I still think those two are gonna be my most played. Link mostly for canon reasons you know... He is supposed to be the lead character, and I want to experience the game as such. But Impa, wow she's such a blast to play, such a incredible play style. Very much debt in her character too! Am very glad she turned out the way she did

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
One of my favourite things to do in the demo is assault the supposedly indestructible guardian in the second mission with Impa.

She can absolutely desolate it with her max clones, smashing that weak point to bits without the need to 'weaken' it with the reawakened guardians like the game expects you to do. Link, incidentally can also kill it by reflecting it's lasers back at it, but I'm less skilled at this.

Fits my playstyle too as hunting Guardians, Lynels and Hinox were my favourite aspect in BotW. Impa is easily going to be my most played going off the demo, these clones are stupidly fun. Got the laser dodge down to a tee now.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm happy this demo came out because well, this game is hard. I haven't mastered the combat for ****'s worth. I'm actually taking damage, dying with Impa on the first mission and all. This was not what I expected. And am glad the combat is this deep! Because as addictive as it was, the first game could easily grow kind of stale quickly

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I'm happy this demo came out because well, this game is hard. I haven't mastered the combat for ****'s worth. I'm actually taking damage, dying with Impa on the first mission and all. This was not what I expected. And am glad the combat is this deep! Because as addictive as it was, the first game could easily grow kind of stale quickly
which difficulty are you on?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
which difficulty are you on?
Normal. I'm mastering it now. It's crazy fun. And I can't help but play Impa exclusively. Gonna level up Link a little now. The whole game is a grand improvement over the original game in many ways.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Normal. I'm mastering it now. It's crazy fun. And I can't help but play Impa exclusively. Gonna level up Link a little now. The whole game is a grand improvement over the original game in many ways.
hmm well im gonna wait for the full before i judge

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I've written up my Impa moveset. It's probably a bit premature on my part, since Age of Calamity won't be out for a little under three weeks and I'm basing it on a demo, but between her moveset in that, bits and pieces of her Hyrule Warriors moveset, and the occasional ordinary attack thrown in there, I had plenty of ideas.

Impa Sneaks Through the Shadows!

Some of Impa’s palette swaps will be basic, changing the light gray parts of her outfit to red, light blue, or green, while changing some of the secondary colours to mesh better with those palettes. One palette changes her outfit to have the same colour scheme as the Ancient Armour, while another changes her colour scheme to resemble the one used by Ocarina of Time’s Impa. One changes her outfit to brown, which was worn by Impa in the instruction manual of the first Legend of Zelda, while her last palette swap has her wearing orange and black, resembling the outfit of the Yiga clan.

For a stage, I assume it would be set in Breath of the Wild’s Hyrule. While Kakariko Village might have the closest association with Impa, I’m not sure how visually distinct it would be. Maybe a stage on top of one of the Divine Beasts could work? Vah Rudania (specifically, its back) could provide a different setting from the other Zelda stages while also referencing Kakariko Village's connection to Death Mountain in Ocarina of Time.

Impa arrives on stage by appearing in a puff of smoke with tags bursting out of it, like her dodge animation in Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity. For idle animations, she stretches her arms over her head and looks behind her (her idle animation in Age of Calamity), or she looks behind herself for threats while holding her sword closer to her body.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This moveset is largely based on her Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity moveset, though some generic attacks or moves from other incarnations of Impa (mainly Hyrule Warriors) were used to fill in the gaps.

A-->AA-->AAA: horizontal slash, horizontal slash while spinning, and stab with the kodachi. The stab has fairly good launching power.

Forward A: Impa steps forward, swinging the kodachi down vertically

Up A: standing on her hands, Impa kicks upwards at an angle where she’d hit human-sized opponents on the chin.

Down A: while crouching, Impa swings the kodachi horizontally.

Forward Smash: Impa leaps into the air, spinning vertically before bringing the kodachi down with great force. (based on her Hyrule Warriors basic combo)

Up Smash: Impa uses the Sheikah Slate to create an ice block in front of her, which knocks the opponent into the air.

Down Smash: Impa does a spinning sweep kick.

Neutral Air: Impa does a vertical-spinning flip kick

Forward Air: Impa spins forward, slashing with her kodachi like her air light attack in Age of Calamity

Back Air: Impa turns around to stab behind herself with a kunai.

Up Air: Impa tosses a bomb from the Sheikah Slate into the air, which explodes.

Down Air: Impa stabs downwards like her air heavy attack in Age of Calamity, plummeting straight down.

Dash Attack: Impa disappears before reappearing a few feet ahead of where she was, swinging with a wide horizontal slash (her fifth light attack in Age of Calamity)

Wake-Up Attack: Impa spins around on the ground, holding her leg and kodachi out to knock opponents away.

Climb Attack: Impa flips onto the stage, using an axe kick (straight down) as she lands.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Grab: Impa grabs the opponent with her free hand.

Pummel: Impa smacks the opponent in the gut with the hilt of her kodachi

Forward Throw: spinning horizontally as she slides forward, Impa swings the kodachi upwards with enough force to send the opponent flying.

Back Throw: Impa disappears in a cloud of smoke, reappearing in the air on the other side of the opponent as she drop-kicks them away.

Up Throw: Impa releases the opponent as four paper seals appear on the ground beneath them. The seals create a tornado that launches the opponent into the air.

Down Throw: Impa throws the opponent to the ground, hops off of them, and tosses exploding kunai to launch them away from her.

Up Taunt: Impa summons a frog beneath her, which licks its lips before vanishing in a puff of smoke.

Side Taunt: Impa adjusts her hat so it’s on her head, strikes a stock ninja pose, and puts the hat back where it was.

Down Taunt: Impa crouches down, trying to pet the Egg Guardian, but it ignores her and walks by her.

B: Symbol Tag/Absorb. Much like her main mechanic in Age of Calamity, pressing B will have Impa place a tag on her opponent. The tag will stick to the opponent like Snake’s C4, and one of three blue symbols will appear above their head. Pressing B while a tag is active causes Impa to stab forward as a blue aura appears around her, absorbing the tag if she hits them. (the blue symbol over their head disappears, along with the tag, and a blue symbol above Impa’s health lights up) When a symbol lights up, Impa gains a clone, with a maximum of three out at a time. The clones can’t be attacked, but they only stay out for a limited time. (if their time is almost up, the blue symbol that represents them above Impa’s health will start flashing)

Clones will imitate Impa’s basic attacks, and perform unique actions for her specials. They can’t grab, though – they temporarily vanish when Impa tries to grab. If Impa has clones active when she uses Symbol Tag, they’ll rush forward if it connects, knocking the opponent away from her. If she has clones active when she uses Absorb, the clones will explode around the opponent, reforming afterwards.

Up B: Glider. Based on Impa’s YX attack, Impa will jump into the air and throw exploding kunai at the ground (or the space below her). Afterwards, she will pull out a Sheikah-themed glider and float forward slowly. If she has clones active, they will float forward and drop exploding kunai at regular intervals, to clear a space for her to land. The glide can be cancelled out of by attacking or jumping.

Side B: Sheikah Rush. Impa vanishes, dashing forward while invisible. If she connects, she (and her clones, if they’re present) will rapidly slash the opponent before she reappears. (based on Impa's YYX attack in Age of Calamity)

Down B: Sheikah Laser. A blue Sheikah symbol appears over Impa, firing a laser on either side of her. If the clones are active, they hover in the air around the symbol, firing more lasers to increase the attack’s range and damage. (based on Impa's YYYX attack in Age of Calamity)

Final Smash: Fruits of Research. Impa’s clones rush forward and place a stack of blue explosive barrels in front of her, and anyone caught in the explosion is launched into a cutscene. The opponents land in a barren Hyrule field, where Impa and her clones have surrounded the enemies. They attack from all angles, vanishing as a targeting reticle appears in the center of the group. The camera pans over to show Robbie and Purah posing as a Guardian head that they're standing on fires a laser at the opponents. The opponents are blasted into the air, ending the cutscene and sending them flying.

For her first victory pose, Impa’s kodachi is stabbed into the ground. She kicks it into the air, where the camera follows it as it spins wildly before landing in the sheath. Impa, who’s visible when it lands, turns to the camera and smiles. (this is based on her sword victory pose in Hyrule Warriors) For her second victory pose, she is kneeling on the ground with her eyes closed meditatively before she swings her sword, getting to her feet. (this is based on her intro in Hyrule Warriors) For her third victory pose, she is watching the sky absent-mindedly, humming Zelda’s Lullaby to herself before looking at the camera shocked, as if realizing that someone’s there.

Her victory theme is the standard Zelda victory theme. If Kirby absorbs her, he gains her straw hat and the Symbol Tag/Absorb ability. If Kirby absorbs the symbols, it creates clones of Kirby, and they imitate all of his moves aside from Symbol Tag/Absorb. (where they act like Impa’s do) Much like Impa’s clones, they can’t grab.

I wanted to include the frog summon in there somehow, but I felt like I should incorporate Robbie and Purah into the final smash. I'm not sure how balanced Impa's core gimmick in Age of Calamity would be in Smash, but I hope I did all right.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I like your moveset so far. I myself would've included a Kunai Side B at least. Not sure where the laser beam idea came from however. But the clone and absorption mechanic would translate well to Smash. I imagine Impa without clones would be fast but not deal a lot of damage and knockback, but the clones would help deal with this weakness significantly.

GenoDoge

Smash Journeyman
I support! Impa and Porky are the only two first parties I really care about. Age of Calamity and Hyrule Warriors made me realize Impa has a LOT more potential than just a Sheik echo like I used to think she'd be.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I like your moveset so far. I myself would've included a Kunai Side B at least. Not sure where the laser beam idea came from however. But the clone and absorption mechanic would translate well to Smash. I imagine Impa without clones would be fast but not deal a lot of damage and knockback, but the clones would help deal with this weakness significantly.
The laser beam comes from Impa's YYYX move in the Age of Calamity demo. Normally, it just creates a Sheikah symbol in midair, but if clones are active, they fire laser beams when this attack is used. I added lasers to the default version because it doesn't seem like it would be very useful otherwise (it would only hit if the opponent is directly over Impa's head)

I've edited in the sources for her side and down specials.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
so ive got a theory about the AoC story

ok so it seems there is another mini guardian out there. im guessing its the same one and was built by the mysterious hooded gerudo. at some point in the story link and co have to fight it and break it of the villains' control hence why its in a box in zelda's room.

just a thought, probably not the only whos had it

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
The laser beam comes from Impa's YYYX move in the Age of Calamity demo. Normally, it just creates a Sheikah symbol in midair, but if clones are active, they fire laser beams when this attack is used. I added lasers to the default version because it doesn't seem like it would be very useful otherwise (it would only hit if the opponent is directly over Impa's head)

I've edited in the sources for her side and down specials.
And here I thought I figured her moveset out! 🤔 Nice one. If it's present in her Age of Calamity moveset , sure why not. Seems a better projectile than a simple kunai in comparison. However I still think a kunai could fit somewhere.
so ive got a theory about the AoC story

ok so it seems there is another mini guardian out there. im guessing its the same one and was built by the mysterious hooded gerudo. at some point in the story link and co have to fight it and break it of the villains' control hence why its in a box in zelda's room.

just a thought, probably not the only whos had it
About that whole fiasco, people are starting to doubt if this game is gonna be considered canon, and a true backstory to BotW, and not it's own take. I don't think a game with a happy ending would count as a true prequel myself honestly ...

However, playing as Young Impa was all I ever wanted anyway.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
About that whole fiasco, people are starting to doubt if this game is gonna be considered canon, and a true backstory to BotW, and not it's own take. I don't think a game with a happy ending would count as a true prequel myself honestly ...

However, playing as Young Impa was all I ever wanted anyway.
im not surprised, but zelda is no stranger to this kind of thing. guess we'll have to wait and see

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
A little off topic; I've always been bothered by the tapestry and how each of the Champions from 10,000 years ago don't look like Gorons, Zora, Rito, or Gerudo.

In Age of Calamity; we see the tapestry style versions of each Champion from Breath of the Wild; they don't look like the Champions from 10,000 years ago.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
A little off topic; I've always been bothered by the tapestry and how each of the Champions from 10,000 years ago don't look like Gorons, Zora, Rito, or Gerudo.

In Age of Calamity; we see the tapestry style versions of each Champion from Breath of the Wild; they don't look like the Champions from 10,000 years ago.
well theres nothing in the lore that says the four champions from 10,000 years ago are the same races as the ones in botw

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Weren't the Champions of old not supposed to be Sheikah elite pilots , and not representatives of the races that came to inherit the ownership over the Divine Beasts? I always thought 10.000 years is an enormous time gap. It doesn't make sense honestly. You mean Ganon came back each and every century and so in all the Zelda games prior to Breath of the Wild, and suddenly he became known as the Calamity and took 10.000 years of rest in between?

I get Nintendo tried to erase links to all other games with BotW, and same time linking them all, but that easily could've been managed without a humongous gap of 10.000 freaking years. 1.000 is more than enough. How little advancement did Hyrule go through in those ages too. Yeah Sheikah magitech is around, sure, but supposedly 10.000 years before it was also around.

It's not making sense to me.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Weren't the Champions of old not supposed to be Sheikah elite pilots , and not representatives of the races that came to inherit the ownership over the Divine Beasts? I always thought 10.000 years is an enormous time gap. It doesn't make sense honestly. You mean Ganon came back each and every century and so in all the Zelda games prior to Breath of the Wild, and suddenly he became known as the Calamity and took 10.000 years of rest in between?

I get Nintendo tried to erase links to all other games with BotW, and same time linking them all, but that easily could've been managed without a humongous gap of 10.000 freaking years. 1.000 is more than enough. How little advancement did Hyrule go through in those ages too. Yeah Sheikah magitech is around, sure, but supposedly 10.000 years before it was also around.

It's not making sense to me.
id always taken it to mean that most of the series happened before 10,000 years ago. mind you the teaser for botw2 seems to suggest that he can turn back from being the calamity so there's that.

plus lets it face most nintendo series have very loose canons

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
id always taken it to mean that most of the series happened before 10,000 years ago. mind you the teaser for botw2 seems to suggest that he can turn back from being the calamity so there's that.

plus lets it face most nintendo series have very loose canons
Both are true yeah. I just wonder how Age of Calamity will link to Breath of the Wild, as well as it's sequel. I doubt many hints or themes from BotW2 will be in the full game, but I at least hope that they honour the story of BotW enough to make this a true prequel to it. There have been doubts so far. For example, Link gets the honorary of being Zelda's appointed knight way earlier than expected, or what it looks like. He also didn't have the Master Sword, and it was said Link already owned the Master Sword at a young age in the book of Breath of the Wild right? With just two playable chapters this game is already looking to be inconsistent to BotW.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Both are true yeah. I just wonder how Age of Calamity will link to Breath of the Wild, as well as it's sequel. I doubt many hints or themes from BotW2 will be in the full game, but I at least hope that they honour the story of BotW enough to make this a true prequel to it. There have been doubts so far. For example, Link gets the honorary of being Zelda's appointed knight way earlier than expected, or what it looks like. He also didn't have the Master Sword, and it was said Link already owned the Master Sword at a young age in the book of Breath of the Wild right? With just two playable chapters this game is already looking to be inconsistent to BotW.
well from what i could gather i think the idea is that link and zelda had known each for some time but the idea was that he was made a champion when he got the master sword. and the ceremony we see during the flashbacks was not long after. i dont think they ever did say how long he had the master sword for but id need to double check.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
I've written up my Impa moveset. It's probably a bit premature on my part, since Age of Calamity won't be out for a little under three weeks and I'm basing it on a demo, but between her moveset in that, bits and pieces of her Hyrule Warriors moveset, and the occasional ordinary attack thrown in there, I had plenty of ideas.

Impa Sneaks Through the Shadows!

Some of Impa’s palette swaps will be basic, changing the light gray parts of her outfit to red, light blue, or green, while changing some of the secondary colours to mesh better with those palettes. One palette changes her outfit to have the same colour scheme as the Ancient Armour, while another changes her colour scheme to resemble the one used by Ocarina of Time’s Impa. One changes her outfit to brown, which was worn by Impa in the instruction manual of the first Legend of Zelda, while her last palette swap has her wearing orange and black, resembling the outfit of the Yiga clan.

For a stage, I assume it would be set in Breath of the Wild’s Hyrule. While Kakariko Village might have the closest association with Impa, I’m not sure how visually distinct it would be. Maybe a stage on top of one of the Divine Beasts could work? Vah Rudania (specifically, its back) could provide a different setting from the other Zelda stages while also referencing Kakariko Village's connection to Death Mountain in Ocarina of Time.

Impa arrives on stage by appearing in a puff of smoke with tags bursting out of it, like her dodge animation in Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity. For idle animations, she stretches her arms over her head and looks behind her (her idle animation in Age of Calamity), or she looks behind herself for threats while holding her sword closer to her body.

This moveset is largely based on her Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity moveset, though some generic attacks or moves from other incarnations of Impa (mainly Hyrule Warriors) were used to fill in the gaps.

A-->AA-->AAA: horizontal slash, horizontal slash while spinning, and stab with the kodachi. The stab has fairly good launching power.

Forward A: Impa steps forward, swinging the kodachi down vertically

Up A: standing on her hands, Impa kicks upwards at an angle where she’d hit human-sized opponents on the chin.

Down A: while crouching, Impa swings the kodachi horizontally.

Forward Smash: Impa leaps into the air, spinning vertically before bringing the kodachi down with great force. (based on her Hyrule Warriors basic combo)

Up Smash: Impa uses the Sheikah Slate to create an ice block in front of her, which knocks the opponent into the air.

Down Smash: Impa does a spinning sweep kick.

Neutral Air: Impa does a vertical-spinning flip kick

Forward Air: Impa spins forward, slashing with her kodachi like her air light attack in Age of Calamity

Back Air: Impa turns around to stab behind herself with a kunai.

Up Air: Impa tosses a bomb from the Sheikah Slate into the air, which explodes.

Down Air: Impa stabs downwards like her air heavy attack in Age of Calamity, plummeting straight down.

Dash Attack: Impa disappears before reappearing a few feet ahead of where she was, swinging with a wide horizontal slash (her fifth light attack in Age of Calamity)

Wake-Up Attack: Impa spins around on the ground, holding her leg and kodachi out to knock opponents away.

Climb Attack: Impa flips onto the stage, using an axe kick (straight down) as she lands.

Grab: Impa grabs the opponent with her free hand.

Pummel: Impa smacks the opponent in the gut with the hilt of her kodachi

Forward Throw: spinning horizontally as she slides forward, Impa swings the kodachi upwards with enough force to send the opponent flying.

Back Throw: Impa disappears in a cloud of smoke, reappearing in the air on the other side of the opponent as she drop-kicks them away.

Up Throw: Impa releases the opponent as four paper seals appear on the ground beneath them. The seals create a tornado that launches the opponent into the air.

Down Throw: Impa throws the opponent to the ground, hops off of them, and tosses exploding kunai to launch them away from her.

Up Taunt: Impa summons a frog beneath her, which licks its lips before vanishing in a puff of smoke.

Side Taunt: Impa adjusts her hat so it’s on her head, strikes a stock ninja pose, and puts the hat back where it was.

Down Taunt: Impa crouches down, trying to pet the Egg Guardian, but it ignores her and walks by her.

B: Symbol Tag/Absorb. Much like her main mechanic in Age of Calamity, pressing B will have Impa place a tag on her opponent. The tag will stick to the opponent like Snake’s C4, and one of three blue symbols will appear above their head. Pressing B while a tag is active causes Impa to stab forward as a blue aura appears around her, absorbing the tag if she hits them. (the blue symbol over their head disappears, along with the tag, and a blue symbol above Impa’s health lights up) When a symbol lights up, Impa gains a clone, with a maximum of three out at a time. The clones can’t be attacked, but they only stay out for a limited time. (if their time is almost up, the blue symbol that represents them above Impa’s health will start flashing)

Clones will imitate Impa’s basic attacks, and perform unique actions for her specials. They can’t grab, though – they temporarily vanish when Impa tries to grab. If Impa has clones active when she uses Symbol Tag, they’ll rush forward if it connects, knocking the opponent away from her. If she has clones active when she uses Absorb, the clones will explode around the opponent, reforming afterwards.

Up B: Glider. Based on Impa’s YX attack, Impa will jump into the air and throw exploding kunai at the ground (or the space below her). Afterwards, she will pull out a Sheikah-themed glider and float forward slowly. If she has clones active, they will float forward and drop exploding kunai at regular intervals, to clear a space for her to land. The glide can be cancelled out of by attacking or jumping.

Side B: Sheikah Rush. Impa vanishes, dashing forward while invisible. If she connects, she (and her clones, if they’re present) will rapidly slash the opponent before she reappears. (based on Impa's YYX attack in Age of Calamity)

Down B: Sheikah Laser. A blue Sheikah symbol appears over Impa, firing a laser on either side of her. If the clones are active, they hover in the air around the symbol, firing more lasers to increase the attack’s range and damage. (based on Impa's YYYX attack in Age of Calamity)

Final Smash: Fruits of Research. Impa’s clones rush forward and place a stack of blue explosive barrels in front of her, and anyone caught in the explosion is launched into a cutscene. The opponents land in a barren Hyrule field, where Impa and her clones have surrounded the enemies. They attack from all angles, vanishing as a targeting reticle appears in the center of the group. The camera pans over to show Robbie and Purah posing as a Guardian head that they're standing on fires a laser at the opponents. The opponents are blasted into the air, ending the cutscene and sending them flying.

For her first victory pose, Impa’s kodachi is stabbed into the ground. She kicks it into the air, where the camera follows it as it spins wildly before landing in the sheath. Impa, who’s visible when it lands, turns to the camera and smiles. (this is based on her sword victory pose in Hyrule Warriors) For her second victory pose, she is kneeling on the ground with her eyes closed meditatively before she swings her sword, getting to her feet. (this is based on her intro in Hyrule Warriors) For her third victory pose, she is watching the sky absent-mindedly, humming Zelda’s Lullaby to herself before looking at the camera shocked, as if realizing that someone’s there.

Her victory theme is the standard Zelda victory theme. If Kirby absorbs her, he gains her straw hat and the Symbol Tag/Absorb ability. If Kirby absorbs the symbols, it creates clones of Kirby, and they imitate all of his moves aside from Symbol Tag/Absorb. (where they act like Impa’s do) Much like Impa’s clones, they can’t grab.

I wanted to include the frog summon in there somehow, but I felt like I should incorporate Robbie and Purah into the final smash. I'm not sure how balanced Impa's core gimmick in Age of Calamity would be in Smash, but I hope I did all right.
I really liking this moveset. Maybe for the Frog taunt when it lick it's lips, it also hits opponents with its tongue.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I really liking this moveset. Maybe for the Frog taunt when it lick it's lips, it also hits opponents with its tongue.
Which is ironic cause I think Impa would most closely resemble Greninja in her moveset, rather than Sheik. I could see her borrow Shadow Sneak for example. The kunai projectile I'm picturing could also work like an uncharged Water Shuriken. Or it could function as a Forward Air like Villager's slingshot.

Anyway looking forward to Age of Calamity. I'd play the demo again but both Impa and Link are level 20, and I'm not too keen on playing Zelda in that game. Honestly, I liked both Link and Zelda better last game. But all the more reasons to play Impa more.

Starlight Liger

Smash Journeyman
I support Impa for Smash Bros Ultimate, however, I believe it will be young Skyward Sword Impa that will make it as a fighter.

Age of Calamity Impa may be popular but so was Hyrule Warriors Ganondorf. What Skyward Sword Impa has going for her is that Smash Bros does not have a playable Skyward Sword fighter. We currently have Breath of the Wild Link, A Link Between Worlds Zelda, Ocarina of Time Ganondorf and Young Link and Wind Waker Toon Link with Smash Bros Wii U/3DS having the Twilight Princess trifecta.

Plus, Skyward Sword has recently been trademarked. We're going to recieve a remaster for the game on Nintendo Switch. What better way to cross-promote that than to have Skyward Sword Impa be a playable fighter. After all, Nintendo's deciding the roster.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I support Impa for Smash Bros Ultimate, however, I believe it will be young Skyward Sword Impa that will make it as a fighter.

Age of Calamity Impa may be popular but so was Hyrule Warriors Ganondorf. What Skyward Sword Impa has going for her is that Smash Bros does not have a playable Skyward Sword fighter. We currently have Breath of the Wild Link, A Link Between Worlds Zelda, Ocarina of Time Ganondorf and Young Link and Wind Waker Toon Link with Smash Bros Wii U/3DS having the Twilight Princess trifecta.

Plus, Skyward Sword has recently been trademarked. We're going to recieve a remaster for the game on Nintendo Switch. What better way to cross-promote that than to have Skyward Sword Impa be a playable fighter. After all, Nintendo's deciding the roster.
Not a bad idea. In terms of actual Zelda canon, Skyward Sword Impa is the most important one by a landslide. She lacks a distinctive own playstyle however, but that could be taken from Age of Calamity of course.

I always thought a Skyward Sword was a good contender to get a remake. Because it's the only 3D Zelda game so far that hasn't had one. A few changes in the whole overworld of "the surface" and the game is magic. Maybe make flying the Loftwing less of a chore. And give the overworld something to do in... A complaint I've had about most Zelda games sans Breath of the Wild and Wind Waker.

I'm guessing Skyward Sword Impa will be a Sheik Echo however. Maybe a Ken styled Echo, since it's DLC and all, but still.

Top Bottom