• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sheikah Shrine; Impa's Spiritual home of Support & Speculation. Hear our voice Echo for a Echo Fighters Pass!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
How would she look? It might be the biggest surprise about her
Honestly I think they could stick with the more cutesy "Impaya" design in future games. People are really digging it so far. And cute always seems to do great for female characters as opposed to the more stoic and rubust designs Impa had before Age of Calamity when she wasn't old.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Honestly I think they could stick with the more cutesy "Impaya" design in future games. People are really digging it so far. And cute always seems to do great for female characters as opposed to the more stoic and rubust designs Impa had before Age of Calamity when she wasn't old.
I have seen a big case or two of people online lamenting the change, but it is clearly outweighed by the positive.

Also makes sense Impa would be in this style this time around, considering her typical role was already filled out by Urbosa.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I like cute, so I like the new design, but tbh we can use badass females too, and I did like the old designs. It's a toss up for me but in the end I'd probably opt for her new one.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Would be interesting if they were setting up an element/character here that will also pay off in BotW 2.
That is what I think may be going on. Sure, adding new antagonists for one time stints in prequels is not exactly uncommon, but with BOTW2 being a thing, it feels like a good possibility.

Last edited:

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Oh screw it, I'm going to jump with it. Purah, Robbie, King Rhoam, Master Kohga, the Yiga general and the new mystery villain will be playable at launch.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
part of me hopes its twinrova
I have seen a few people make Yuga comparisons based on what is seen of the face, but that would be strange given the context. Does touch on my silent hope for past Zelda villains appearing in the BOTW time period though.

[Maple]

Smash Journeyman
People are jumping on the idea that this new Impa isn't badass just by looking at her design. She may looks less fierce than her appearances in Skyward Sword, Ocarina of Time or HW, but she looks like a impressive fighter in AoC. And of course she will have insane moments during cinematics for sure.

Plus I think this is a nice change to have an Impa who is less cold and methodic. People also need to keep in mind she might be around 16 to 20 years old. It is te youngest Impa we got so far.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I have seen a few people make Yuga comparisons based on what is seen of the face, but that would be strange given the context. Does touch on my silent hope for past Zelda villains appearing in the BOTW time period though.
did they not see the gerudo symbol on their back?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm betting the mystery man is Ganondorf.

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Honestly, while I liked Master Kohga in Breath of the Wild; I'm disappointed it seems to be the same Master Kohga here. I was hoping that the Master Kohga from 100 years ago was more competent. Maybe leaner, meaner, and more of a serious threat.

The new character does seem interesting though.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Honestly, while I liked Master Kohga in Breath of the Wild; I'm disappointed it seems to be the same Master Kohga here. I was hoping that the Master Kohga from 100 years ago was more competent. Maybe leaner, meaner, and more of a serious threat.

The new character does seem interesting though.
wouldnt that remove all the aspects that made people like him?

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Well, I was hoping (might still be the case) that the Master Kohga from 100 years ago is the master of the Master Kohga in Breath of the Wild. Different person, different personality.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Count me in as a supporter; I've wanted to see Impa in Smash after playing Hyrule Warriors. Between her increased prominence in Age of Calamity and the fact that next year marks both Zelda's 35th anniversary and 20 years since we've gotten a new unique Zelda character in Smash (which is baffling), it makes a lot of sense for her to be included in this Fighters Pass.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
New trailer for the Yiga.

What do you guys think of the tease at the end?
Imagine if it's Agahnim. I doubt it though. But it looks like he has the Shiekah design on his clothes:

I know Agahnim was a character before the Shiekah were even a thing in the Zelda series, but some food for thought here Agahnim might have been a Shiekah.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Well, since no one bothered posting on this thread for a WEEK. I guess I'm forced to double post.
Double posts are fine if it's been more than 24 hours, as long as the posts aren't spam. (and these aren't spam, obviously)

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Am pretty sure King Rhoam will be playable shortly. And he seems like a blast to play, weilding that claymore with one hand. I'm thinking we'll get to play him on a suicide mission. Same with the Champions, and of course Link. Thinking about it, this game is gonna be TRAGIC!

Impa will be lucky to survive all this. Maybe that's why she adopts such sternness in her old appearance in BotW. Impa in Age of Calamity seems surprisingly innocent and cutesy compared to her regular apperances. I still would've liked her to be a bit more stoic and strong looking, but that role was given to Urbosa of course. That's why I hope if Impa makes it into Smash, her old appearances come as alternative costumes. To top this, we get alternative costumes of Link (Knight, Guardian and other BotW equipment) and Zelda (BotW Champion shirt, Goddess white dress).

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Am pretty sure King Rhoam will be playable shortly. And he seems like a blast to play, weilding that claymore with one hand. I'm thinking we'll get to play him on a suicide mission. Same with the Champions, and of course Link. Thinking about it, this game is gonna be TRAGIC!
well not sure about suicide mission so much as being over whelmed in their missions though i may be quibbling over semantics but yeah im willing to bet therell be missions with roham at hyrule castle and each of the champions in their divine beast. its gonna be so sad

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
well not sure about suicide mission so much as being over whelmed in their missions though i may be quibbling over semantics but yeah im willing to bet therell be missions with roham at hyrule castle and each of the champions in their divine beast. its gonna be so sad
So far I think the Champion's deaths will be certain and the central theme of this game will be fighting an impossible battle. But you'll be feeling confident in the start. I suspect the King and Purah and Robbie chapters will be DLC. Hersu and Khoga as well.

So far only Link was shown using multiple weapons. I do hope Impa can also use the spears and long blades to incorporate some of her old HW moves.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
So far I think the Champion's deaths will be certain and the central theme of this game will be fighting an impossible battle. But you'll be feeling confident in the start. I suspect the King and Purah and Robbie chapters will be DLC. Hersu and Khoga as well.

So far only Link was shown using multiple weapons. I do hope Impa can also use the spears and long blades to incorporate some of her old HW moves.
they could be dlc but they could also be characters you unlock outside of the adventure mode like agitha, ruto, zant and ghiramhim in the first one

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
A Partner Showcase dropped suddenly, and it announced a demo for Age of Calamity.

Apparently, you can carry your progress from the demo over to the full game, though I'm not sure how much of a difference it makes. It's not like the Dragon Quest XI demo, where it covers the first 8-10 hours - this seems to cover the first mission (or first chapter? I can't remember the wording used) Still, Impa seems to be playable in the demo, so it will help to give an idea of what she might play like if they base her on the Age of Calamity version.

Also, the Divine Beasts being playable was completely unexpected, and while I feel like it will only be for a short section, I'm looking forward to it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom