• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sheikah Shrine; Impa's Spiritual home of Support & Speculation. Hear our voice Echo for a Echo Fighters Pass!

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
This is not a constructive reply. Avoid this in the future because there's not much to go on about with just a reply as that.
alright then. the remake is amazing it does very much feel the same but looks so much better, the dungeon maker adds a lot more to it. if you enjoyed the original then you should enjoy this as well. the new style is brilliant the new bgm remixes are amazing and collecting things from the trendy game is surprisingly addictive

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
It's not Smash but Impa getting another playable role in the form of Cadence of Hyrule is cool. Plus she has her naginata from Hyrule Warriors.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I take it you guys are just as hyped as we Skull Kid fans are for Cadence of Hyrule? I'm definitely gonna get the game now when all the dlc has released

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Impa being in Cadence was the kick up the ass I needed to get that game.
I like Link and Zelda but playable Impa is more appealing than playing as either triforce weilder.

And hey, look we got Skull Kid too coming. Neat!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm also getting Cadence of Hyrule because of this. Here's hoping they will feature Impa more often like this, with the naginata and with her Skyward Sword design. It's honestly the best we've had since Hyrule Warriors, and am hoping this is foreshadowing her role in BotW2.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
I'm also getting Cadence of Hyrule because of this. Here's hoping they will feature Impa more often like this, with the naginata and with her Skyward Sword design. It's honestly the best we've had since Hyrule Warriors, and am hoping this is foreshadowing her role in BotW2.
just think of all the time travel shennenigans that would need to happen first DX

paya with nanigata, now!

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
just think of all the time travel shennenigans that would need to happen first DX

paya with nanigata, now!
Time travel shenanigans aren't even needed. Purah, Impa's sister was already working on a anti aging Rune. It's the very reason she looks like a child, but is older than Impa. Impa could be made younger without any sort of shenanigans therefore. And if not, maybe it takes place in the past when Calamity Ganon hasn't yet striked Hyrule, the Champions are still alive, and Link never needed to rest in the Chamber of Resurrection.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
As much as I'd love to see Dixie or Bandanna Dee get the next spot, I have to admit Impa might make the most sense as far as the next first part character. Not only from her highlighted presence in stuff like Hyrule Warriors and now Cadence of Hyrule but also given her role in well known major Zelda titles, a heck of a lot of even the casual Smash fanbase would be instantly familiar with her.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
As much as I'd love to see Dixie or Bandanna Dee get the next spot, I have to admit Impa might make the most sense as far as the next first part character. Not only from her highlighted presence in stuff like Hyrule Warriors and now Cadence of Hyrule but also given her role in well known major Zelda titles, a heck of a lot of even the casual Smash fanbase would be instantly familiar with her.
As much as I love Impa, I disagree. We most a lot of ground for Impa with the role she had been given for Breath of the Wild, the most Sheikah element heavy game in the franchise so far. If she was the 5th Champion, of the Sheikah race , and young and trained for combat as in Skyward Sword or even Ocarina of Time, Impa would've been an easy inclusion in Smash Ultimate, probably on the base roster even.

But no, so far her most notable feats have been in spin off games as Hyrule Warriors (with a great role in it however) and now Cadence of Hyrule. Am optimistic, but am not gonna be overconfident because of it. Cause in the end, the role in Cadence of Hyrule won't weigh up against Hyrule Warriors, and it's two ports to 3DS and Switch.

It's great she is designed with the Skyward Sword model in mind, and using the naginata. Am hoping that in the next coming games, she'll be styled after this. But who's to say...? Impa has a completely different design and role just about every game, being Zelda's nursemaid is about the only staple thing, and even that was thrown away in BotW.

What we need is Impa appearing more as her younger self. Am actually doubtful it's gonna happen in BotW2, but I can't help myself to have at least a little spark of hope. I said this so many times, but her sister Purah looked like a child in BotW because she made an anti aging Rune, and now looks like a child because of it despite being older than Impa. Who's to say she won't find a way to successfully work that anti aging Rune, and use it on Impa for study purposes?

It's unlikely, and I honestly don't even expect Impa to show up in BotW2 at all. All am hoping for is she'll be used as a young Sheikah warrior in whatever role else they can have for her.

Also am dying to see Breath of the Wild 2, because I desperately wanna know if Impa is in it. If they can bring back Ganondorf, I'm hoping they can bring back Impa as a young Sheikah warrior.

Comparing her to Dixie and Bandana Dee is also unfortunate, because they are quite likely to keep their steady playable roles with their well defined abilities in their mainline games of their home franchise. Impa doesn't really have that, as of yet. I agree they're all in the same boat, and all need inclusion in Smash one day, but as of now the case stands stronger for them than Impa.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
As much as I love Impa, I disagree. We most a lot of ground for Impa with the role she had been given for Breath of the Wild, the most Sheikah element heavy game in the franchise so far. If she was the 5th Champion, of the Sheikah race , and young and trained for combat as in Skyward Sword or even Ocarina of Time, Impa would've been an easy inclusion in Smash Ultimate, probably on the base roster even.

But no, so far her most notable feats have been in spin off games as Hyrule Warriors (with a great role in it however) and now Cadence of Hyrule. Am optimistic, but am not gonna be overconfident because of it. Cause in the end, the role in Cadence of Hyrule won't weigh up against Hyrule Warriors, and it's two ports to 3DS and Switch.

It's great she is designed with the Skyward Sword model in mind, and using the naginata. Am hoping that in the next coming games, she'll be styled after this. But who's to say...? Impa has a completely different design and role just about every game, being Zelda's nursemaid is about the only staple thing, and even that was thrown away in BotW.

What we need is Impa appearing more as her younger self. Am actually doubtful it's gonna happen in BotW2, but I can't help myself to have at least a little spark of hope. I said this so many times, but her sister Purah looked like a child in BotW because she made an anti aging Rune, and now looks like a child because of it despite being older than Impa. Who's to say she won't find a way to successfully work that anti aging Rune, and use it on Impa for study purposes?

It's unlikely, and I honestly don't even expect Impa to show up in BotW2 at all. All am hoping for is she'll be used as a young Sheikah warrior in whatever role else they can have for her.

Also am dying to see Breath of the Wild 2, because I desperately wanna know if Impa is in it. If they can bring back Ganondorf, I'm hoping they can bring back Impa as a young Sheikah warrior.

Comparing her to Dixie and Bandana Dee is also unfortunate, because they are quite likely to keep their steady playable roles with their well defined abilities in their mainline games of their home franchise. Impa doesn't really have that, as of yet. I agree they're all in the same boat, and all need inclusion in Smash one day, but as of now the case stands stronger for them than Impa.
let it go diddy

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
impa's role in botw
Yes, okay well, allow me to complain fully about this issue one less time.

First of all, Impa is just about the only reoccurring character returning to BotW outside of Link, Zelda, "Ganon" if he can even be counted as a sentient being, Beedle and the Deku Tree. Not only that, the Sheikah are an actual living race right now, and take a central part of the games story even.

There are Champions chosen of races that have almost disappeared in the Zelda games, like the Gerudo and Rito. Even the Zora's as they appear haven't seen action in a while. A Goron Champion is more than logical however.

So the reason for Impa not being the Sheikah Champion, bugs me. Paya could've easily played the part Impa did. Impa could've been the Sheikah Champion, and be Zelda's guardian instead of Urbosa.

This would've solified Impa with a great standard role in the Zelda franchise. Her roles as old woman in the last couple of games has hurt her overall importance in the franchise. She's now basically what Toadsworth was, while sometimes being 'The Toad'.

If she had this sort of role, as a Sheikah Champion, this would now warrant her inclusion in Smash. She would've probably been on the base roster even...

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

First of all, Impa is just about the only reoccurring character returning to BotW outside of Link, Zelda, "Ganon" if he can even be counted as a sentient being, Beedle and the Deku Tree. Not only that, the Sheikah are an actual living race right now, and take a central part of the games story even.

There are Champions chosen of races that have almost disappeared in the Zelda games, like the Gerudo and Rito. Even the Zora's as they appear haven't seen action in a while. A Goron Champion is more than logical however.

So the reason for Impa not being the Sheikah Champion, bugs me. Paya could've easily played the part Impa did. Impa could've been the Sheikah Champion, and be Zelda's guardian instead of Urbosa.

This would've solified Impa with a great standard role in the Zelda franchise. Her roles as old woman in the last couple of games has hurt her overall importance in the franchise. She's now basically what Toadsworth was, while sometimes being 'The Toad'.

If she had this sort of role, as a Sheikah Champion, this would now warrant her inclusion in Smash. She would've probably been on the base roster even...
but thats the thing, impa does have a solidified role in the series as some one who guides link, to varying degrees, on his quests. be she a old woman or a young warrior that's always been her role in pretty much every game shes been in.

and the idea that botw some how hampered her being in smash does make sense really. with so many characters seemingly stuck in the past i doubt her most recent appearance would matter to much if sakurai wanted her. i mean ganondorf even regressed in his appearance this time, link is the only one based on his most recent appearance. so really the smash team could base her on whatever incarnation they wanted, skyward sword, ocarina of time or even the adventure of link instruction manual. the way i see it impa's real problem is sakyrai's reluctance to considered zelda newcomers

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
but thats the thing, impa does have a solidified role in the series as some one who guides link, to varying degrees, on his quests. be she a old woman or a young warrior that's always been her role in pretty much every game shes been in.

and the idea that botw some how hampered her being in smash does make sense really. with so many characters seemingly stuck in the past i doubt her most recent appearance would matter to much if sakurai wanted her. i mean ganondorf even regressed in his appearance this time, link is the only one based on his most recent appearance. so really the smash team could base her on whatever incarnation they wanted, skyward sword, ocarina of time or even the adventure of link instruction manual. the way i see it impa's real problem is sakyrai's reluctance to considered zelda newcomers
Well, in a way, Sakurai did something new with Zelda characters every time.

Technically speaking, we have the Melee Zelda roster + Toon Link.

But in Brawl, Ganondorf was revamped a bit, no longer a full clone like he was in Melee with a different jab and different F Air. Toon Link was added, Young Link cut.

Smash 4, Zelda and Sheik separated. It's not much, but Sakurai sort of presented Sheik and Zero Suit Samus as their own character that time.

Now with Ultimate, we have no newcomer, but Link was revamped, and Ganondorf as well. Young Link also came back.

Doesn't count for adding a newcomer, but I can kind of see it now...

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

Impa as the Sheikah Champion would have been great. And like you said, it would have pretty much warrant her a slot in Smash at some point.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Impa as the Sheikah Champion would have been great. And like you said, it would have pretty much warrant her a slot in Smash at some point.
Pretty much yeah. Well of course there's also the Koroks who don't have a Champion, but it's especially weird for the Sheikah to not have a Champion since they take a central part in the backstory and everything. It's also a shame despite being hypes up so much for their combat strength, we don't ever see them do anything. Impa being a frail old lady also isn't impressive. It's a wonder they weren't wiped out by the Yiga in the 100 years Link was unconscious.

Anyway I sort of get it, Impa kind of takes on the role she had in the NES Zelda game, but she's not as much as Zelda's direct caretaker. In fact, Zelda met Impa way later in life in BotW. Urbosa is everything Impa was supposed to be. It a rather weird decision I feel.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Pretty much yeah. Well of course there's also the Koroks who don't have a Champion, but it's especially weird for the Sheikah to not have a Champion since they take a central part in the backstory and everything. It's also a shame despite being hypes up so much for their combat strength, we don't ever see them do anything. Impa being a frail old lady also isn't impressive. It's a wonder they weren't wiped out by the Yiga in the 100 years Link was unconscious.

Anyway I sort of get it, Impa kind of takes on the role she had in the NES Zelda game, but she's not as much as Zelda's direct caretaker. In fact, Zelda met Impa way later in life in BotW. Urbosa is everything Impa was supposed to be. It a rather weird decision I feel.
I think this is one of the reasons why Urbosa is my favorite Champion. If we get a Champion in FP2 I hope it's Urbosa.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

well i think the idea is that other shiekah other than impa were keeping the yiga clan away

i would have loved it if hetsu was a champion

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I don't particularly care who gets the next spot as long as we hear of Smash news beyond bloody filler spirit events and tournaments before the year ends.

Impa's playable in Cadence, I'd say that's satisfactory for now. Especially considering that Skull Kid got in that game, and he typically gets more fan support.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
well skward sword on switch rumours have spiked i think there are one or two impa fans who would see this as a good thing

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
well skward sword on switch rumours have spiked i think there are one or two impa fans who would see this as a good thing
It is to me! I would love a Skyward Sword Switch remake. Kinda hope they address the overworld this time.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
So the Hyrule Warriors 2 trailer just dropped and I couldn't help but notice a particular shot in it:

While that's obviously Link and Zelda, that third figure looks a bit familiar to me...

Are we in fact getting young Impa for the Calamity Story?

Last edited:
Top Bottom