• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sheikah Shrine; Impa's Spiritual home of Support & Speculation. Hear our voice Echo for a Echo Fighters Pass!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Someone on Reddit made a great Impa Concept moveset, anyone interested can check it out.

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/dbggw7
This is actually quite impressive! Very well done. I don't actually think they would include her like this, but it does work with visualization of the move set and how she would play.

Still hope for an appearance of her in BotW2 , so this has more chance of ever happening. I feel like we lost basically all traction we had in the past because of her role in BotW, and Hyrule Warriors getting nothing at all in Ultimate.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
This is actually quite impressive! Very well done. I don't actually think they would include her like this, but it does work with visualization of the move set and how she would play.

Still hope for an appearance of her in BotW2 , so this has more chance of ever happening. I feel like we lost basically all traction we had in the past because of her role in BotW, and Hyrule Warriors getting nothing at all in Ultimate.
i think the hyrule warriors stuff is owned by koei tecmo and lets face it theres lots of 3rd party companies left out, i mean of the other crossovers like that didnt have anything, no pokken, fire emblem warriors, pokemon conquest i think tokyo mirage sessions is the only one that got anything and i think nintendo share the rights with sega on that one

as sakurai did say that "relevance" didnt matter to him, i dont think impa's changing role will really effect that itll be down to the fans i hope and i doubt her role in botw would be enough to put fans off her, at least i hope it wouldnt considering the fuss people made over sakurai saying no non-video game characters for a second time as though it was the first people clearly have short memories or dont pay attention

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
i think the hyrule warriors stuff is owned by koei tecmo and lets face it theres lots of 3rd party companies left out, i mean of the other crossovers like that didnt have anything, no pokken, fire emblem warriors, pokemon conquest i think tokyo mirage sessions is the only one that got anything and i think nintendo share the rights with sega on that one

as sakurai did say that "relevance" didnt matter to him, i dont think impa's changing role will really effect that itll be down to the fans i hope and i doubt her role in botw would be enough to put fans off her, at least i hope it wouldnt considering the fuss people made over sakurai saying no non-video game characters for a second time as though it was the first people clearly have short memories or dont pay attention
Yeah it's very unfortunate Hyrule Warriors isn't getting anything. Maybe if Koei Tecmo is getting their Ryu Hayabusa in? I still doubt they'd go so far however...

And Impa could of course get in based on older appearances, however I don't think it'll happen. Unless she's an Echo to Sheik. But we likely won't get new Echoes.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Yeah it's very unfortunate Hyrule Warriors isn't getting anything. Maybe if Koei Tecmo is getting their Ryu Hayabusa in? I still doubt they'd go so far however...

And Impa could of course get in based on older appearances, however I don't think it'll happen. Unless she's an Echo to Sheik. But we likely won't get new Echoes.
well you never know with sakurai

i do agree i think echoes are unlikely

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Semi clones are possible however, because Dixie is still one of the few highly popular characters who's not in. And she could be a semi clone easily.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Semi clones are possible however, because Dixie is still one of the few highly popular characters who's not in. And she could be a semi clone easily.
Funny that Dixie and Impa were both part of that Tower of Smash leak all those years ago for Smash 4. Now that Ridley and Mewtwo are long in, let's hope we can include the ladies as well.

Among 1st Party semiclone picks like Isabelle, my dream pack would be Dixie Kong, Impa, and the Octolings.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Funny that Dixie and Impa were both part of that Tower of Smash leak all those years ago for Smash 4. Now that Ridley and Mewtwo are long in, let's hope we can include the ladies as well.

Among 1st Party semiclone picks like Isabelle, my dream pack would be Dixie Kong, Impa, and the Octolings.
Yeah I remember such rumors. Shame they where not true...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Saw this posted in the Skull Kid thread, thought it belonged here too.
Yeah the priorities are weird, we logically should've gotten a new Zelda character around Brawl, along with Toon Link honestly. Midna would've been a better choice to include instead of forcing Sheik back on the roster. Sheik would've been back for Ultimate anyway. Impa would've been a great choice as a Sheik Echo Fighter in Smash 4 as well. And if Sheik wasn't in Smash 4, they still could've made an unique Impa or base her particially on Sheik's move set. I think if Everyone Is Here wasn't a thing in Ultimate, we might've gotten a Champion as a fighter, we got Young Link back but it doesn't really satisfy for the long run. Sure , asking Impa to be based on Sheik KIND OF is the same idea as bringing Young Link back, but at least she's a total new character.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Saw this posted in the Skull Kid thread, thought it belonged here too.
sakurai gonna sakurai

Yeah the priorities are weird, we logically should've gotten a new Zelda character around Brawl, along with Toon Link honestly. Midna would've been a better choice to include instead of forcing Sheik back on the roster. Sheik would've been back for Ultimate anyway. Impa would've been a great choice as a Sheik Echo Fighter in Smash 4 as well. And if Sheik wasn't in Smash 4, they still could've made an unique Impa or base her particially on Sheik's move set. I think if Everyone Is Here wasn't a thing in Ultimate, we might've gotten a Champion as a fighter, we got Young Link back but it doesn't really satisfy for the long run. Sure , asking Impa to be based on Sheik KIND OF is the same idea as bringing Young Link back, but at least she's a total new character.
to be fair everyone is here referred only to the veterans

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yeah that's what I meant. If they didn't take this route, I think they would've add in a Champion from Breath of the Wild as a newcomer. Probably Urbosa I think even. But I guess the once cut veteran fighters where just too popular on the ballot. And I don't think it's a bad choice at all. The fault completely lies in focussing so much on 3rd party DLC characters when there's a good chunk to be added in terms of 1st party owned characters. Impa being one of them obviously. Then again, as said before, we probably would've gotten Impa in if she was dealt with properly in BotW and be given the role of the Sheikah Champion, and Purah just being her replacement. I still think it's wasted potential.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Yeah that's what I meant. If they didn't take this route, I think they would've add in a Champion from Breath of the Wild as a newcomer. Probably Urbosa I think even. But I guess the once cut veteran fighters where just too popular on the ballot. And I don't think it's a bad choice at all. The fault completely lies in focussing so much on 3rd party DLC characters when there's a good chunk to be added in terms of 1st party owned characters. Impa being one of them obviously. Then again, as said before, we probably would've gotten Impa in if she was dealt with properly in BotW and be given the role of the Sheikah Champion, and Purah just being her replacement. I still think it's wasted potential.
well theres no way of knowing how things would have gone if they had more of a focus on 1st parties, i dont think we would have ended up with another zelda character, maybe im to pessimistic but i just dont see it

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
So I'm still not feeling good about Impa, but at least first party characters are back on the menu. Always a possibility. Though I think Pokemon Gen 8 is more likely.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
So I'm still not feeling good about Impa, but at least first party characters are back on the menu. Always a possibility. Though I think Pokemon Gen 8 is more likely.
Which is a shame because I think Zelda needs a newcomer a lot more than Pokemon. Pokemon has had 6 completely unique newcomers after Melee, Zelda has had zero. We should have had Impa, Midna, Tetra, and Skull Kid at this point and even then Pokemon wouldn't need more.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
i think our best hope best hope for a new zelda character is someone from botw2 if sakurai plays it early

then again considering how after seeing the ending of botw he thought they shouldnt have this version of zelda who knows ho he'd react

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Sourcegaming is doing a new poll.

We made the Top 20 two years ago.
For reference, here's the results of the 2018 poll:
I don't know who would be #1 in their poll at all this time. Sora seem obvious enough, but there are a lot of detractors for him so I'm not sure. What will be interesting is seeing which first party characters make it to top 50, because I honestly don't think many of them will be voted. Characters Rex and Pyra and Waluigi might stay, but characters like Dixie Kong and Impa are definitely going to be dropped when we the results.
T'is depressing to think this may actually be the case, but let's do everything in our power to try to prove this wrong, or at the very least let's try to not drop too drastically. If we could make Top 20 two years ago, there's no reason we shouldn't be able to do it again, especially with King K. Rool, Ridley, and Banjo-Kazooie taken off the board.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
We simply lost a lottttt of traction with our movement, purely cause there's no recent workable Impa. We know by now that Hyrule Warriors content in Smash is a big pipedream, it just won't happen. It's nowhere acknowledged, and the lack of trophies make it worse.

The most recent Zelda game is a remake of a old game that doesn't even have Zelda or a proper Ganon in it, BotW had Impa as a old hag, and we know next to nothing of BotW 2 to warrant even the thought of Impa appearing in it, and if she does, she's likely the same as in BotW.

Dixie also lost a lot of traction because of no new appearances, yet she was playable and highly popular in her last role in DKC Tropical Freeze...

And most of the fanbase follows "leaks" now and 3rd party characters dominate the speculation AND requests...

Untill we get a new appearance for Impa that's workable, I feel that we're stuck. Candence of Hyrule is popular, AND had Skyward Sword's Impa with a naginata (which is basically the best that could happen to me in a mainline Zelda game), but who's to say that this will influence Impa's role in future games? She wasn't even playable....

I'm sorry that I have to say it, being the original Impa supporter since Skyward Sword came out and all having fought literal debate wars over WHY Impa was worth of inclusion in Smash 4, and Ultimate... But our cause seems close to dead. This is why I found it hard to reply here, even if there's occasional new stuff posted... It's also the reason why I anticipate BotW2 news more than Smash news currently.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
We simply lost a lottttt of traction with our movement, purely cause there's no recent workable Impa. We know by now that Hyrule Warriors content in Smash is a big pipedream, it just won't happen. It's nowhere acknowledged, and the lack of trophies make it worse.

The most recent Zelda game is a remake of a old game that doesn't even have Zelda or a proper Ganon in it, BotW had Impa as a old hag, and we know next to nothing of BotW 2 to warrant even the thought of Impa appearing in it, and if she does, she's likely the same as in BotW.

Dixie also lost a lot of traction because of no new appearances, yet she was playable and highly popular in her last role in DKC Tropical Freeze...

And most of the fanbase follows "leaks" now and 3rd party characters dominate the speculation AND requests...

Untill we get a new appearance for Impa that's workable, I feel that we're stuck. Candence of Hyrule is popular, AND had Skyward Sword's Impa with a naginata (which is basically the best that could happen to me in a mainline Zelda game), but who's to say that this will influence Impa's role in future games? She wasn't even playable....

I'm sorry that I have to say it, being the original Impa supporter since Skyward Sword came out and all having fought literal debate wars over WHY Impa was worth of inclusion in Smash 4, and Ultimate... But our cause seems close to dead. This is why I found it hard to reply here, even if there's occasional new stuff posted... It's also the reason why I anticipate BotW2 news more than Smash news currently.
perhaps we should change gears and campaigning for hyrule warriors 2?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Someone on Reddit made a great Impa Concept moveset, anyone interested can check it out.

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/dbggw7
Sick! I was always okay with Impa being a Echo, but seeing this moveset now makes me want her as a unique character.

I don't know about you, but to me it seemed like Dixie was in more leaks than K. Rool back then before the Smash Ballot showed up. Probably because everyone thought she was so much more likely.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Concept of a Young BOTW Impa. Dream is to see something like this in BOTW2.

https://www.reddit.com/r/zelda/comments/czbyyx
Whoaaaa that's great looking! She might look a bit aloof, and less warrior like than say, Skyward or Ocarina Impa, but it'd take it! Even better if she would use a naginata as her main weapon.

I still do think it's possible to see a young Impa in BotW2. Purah, her sister, was working on a anti aging rune. It would make sense she would revitalise her sister of her old age if it actually worked. And reverse the effects of her first project on herself. So a Impa and a Purah with a more warrior like appearance and be around age 25-35 or so. Robbie too, maybe.

That's my last hope for Impa as a playable character in Smash however... It relies on something quite outlandish to happen in BotW2, and I don't even think the Sheikah will play a major part in BotW2 like they did in BotW either. The "hand" with the green magic will likely be the "Sheikah Slate" of BotW2 and control all the mechanics. And most of the story will probably resolve around Ganon(dorf) and his backstory...

Again, it's a shame that Impa didn't have a good role in BotW. It would've ensured us a spot in Ultimate on the base roster most likely. Maybe as a Isabelle type of fighter. A "Sheikah Champion" would've worked well with the story of BotW. But no.......

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
im not sure, just something about it just doesnt seem right
The design looks fantastic too me. But honestly seeing any beta conspect art for characters does always give me this weird eerie feeling. I get the same feeling when I see something extremely rare barely anyone has seen before that hasn't been really documented yet. It's like you were not meant to see it if you get what I am saying.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
The design looks fantastic too me. But honestly seeing any beta conspect art for characters does always give me this weird eerie feeling. I get the same feeling when I see something extremely rare barely anyone has seen before that hasn't been really documented yet. It's like you were not meant to see it if you get what I am saying.
sort of, but i love seeing beta stuff from games

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
sort of, but i love seeing beta stuff from games
It’s not an official beta concept, it’s fan art.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I agree. This is the Impa we should have gotten in BOTW.
BotW Impa still saddens me. It gives me the idea that Nintendo might make this the staple Impa, despite her appearing as a young warrior for the first time in a game in Ocarina of Time.

Then again, I suspect that we might get a Ocarina of Time remake (again) sometime in the future. Because it's a game that has been remade almost every generation. Never thought of it honestly, but it's probably a thing that could happen between the sequel of BotW and a next mainline Zelda game.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
personally im hoping for oracle remakes using the LA engine. itd be interesting if we got the half way impa from them

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
personally im hoping for oracle remakes using the LA engine. itd be interesting if we got the half way impa from them
Seems unlikely they're made by Capcom, and nearly got no recognition in mainline Zelda games, if any at all.

A Link to the Past remake seems more likely. Then again, that's basically what Link Between Worlds was.

A remake to the original game would work too. But also, that's what inspired Breath of the Wild .

So I got nothing.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Seems unlikely they're made by Capcom, and nearly got no recognition in mainline Zelda games, if any at all.

A Link to the Past remake seems more likely. Then again, that's basically what Link Between Worlds was.

A remake to the original game would work too. But also, that's what inspired Breath of the Wild .

So I got nothing.
well the two oracles got spirits in smash and i from what i can tell nintendo own all the copyright of the games so there shouldnt be a problem, nintendo should be able to do what ever they want with the oracles it may just be that they dont want to. one of the oracles was originally going to be a remake of the original

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
well the two oracles got spirits in smash and i from what i can tell nintendo own all the copyright of the games so there shouldnt be a problem, nintendo should be able to do what ever they want with the oracles it may just be that they dont want to. one of the oracles was originally going to be a remake of the original
Yeah sure they got spirits, but am just not seeing it happening honestly. Speaking of the game, is Link's Awakening for Switch worth it if you played the original?

Still thinking it's probably Ocarina of Time that's getting a remake first, if not, probably Wind Waker again.

Top Bottom