• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sheikah Shrine; Impa's Spiritual home of Support & Speculation. Hear our voice Echo for a Echo Fighters Pass!

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
I have little hope for Impa, but still, more DLC is pretty dope. My fingers are still crossed for some DLC echoes

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Well, you never know. Impa could be made a full fledged Character and not an Echo.
I don’t want to get my hopes up. Realistically, Skull Kid, Midna, Ghirahim, and even Tingle (in Japan) are more popular and would probably be made a unique character first. And that’s if we even get another Zelda Rep.

I’d welcome a unique Impa with open arms, but I think we have to settle for an echo (if we’re lucky).

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
well heres hoping that one of those dlc fighters is a nintendo character but i get the feeling that whatever stood in our before is still there

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Impa isn’t all too unpopular however, I think she stood the teat of time quite well. At least she’ll beat out Tingle, not sure about Ghirahim, and Midna and Skull Kid probably beat her in popularity as well as the Champions. As of now however. I still think Impa would be a very interesting choice if she appears in the BotW sequel. Shame we didn’t see that game in the Direct, but I suppose that’s because they’ve only recently shown it off.

I think the Smash DLC will probably continue longer than even the second pass however.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Impa isn’t all too unpopular however, I think she stood the teat of time quite well. At least she’ll beat out Tingle, not sure about Ghirahim, and Midna and Skull Kid probably beat her in popularity as well as the Champions. As of now however. I still think Impa would be a very interesting choice if she appears in the BotW sequel. Shame we didn’t see that game in the Direct, but I suppose that’s because they’ve only recently shown it off.

I think the Smash DLC will probably continue longer than even the second pass however.
well we dont know its a second pass to be fair we just know theres more

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If I had to guess there may be a new pass and individual characters.

That way they can have just characters, characters with music and new stages without characters too.

Impa, I'd say would most likely be just her with no extras unless they specifically go for Koei Tecmo's Hyrule Warrior's version.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
If I had to guess there may be a new pass and individual characters.

That way they can have just characters, characters with music and new stages without characters too.

Impa, I'd say would most likely be just her with no extras unless they specifically go for Koei Tecmo's Hyrule Warrior's version.
well they may have created that design but it still belongs to nintendo, as they were able to use it in cadence of hyrule

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I’m not sure if there’s gonna be another Fighter Pass. The Fighter Pass came with new stages, new music and total new franchises. These next newcomers might just be a totally different and yes that opens doors for the likes of Impa, Dixie and Bandana Dee for example.

I think Impa’s chances are good if we’re getting another Hyrule Warriors, or a remake of Skyward Sword. There’s also the chance she’s gonna be important in BotW2 as all other main characters who are important are dead. I’m slightly more optimistic now.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I’m not sure if there’s gonna be another Fighter Pass. The Fighter Pass came with new stages, new music and total new franchises. These next newcomers might just be a totally different and yes that opens doors for the likes of Impa, Dixie and Bandana Dee for example.

I think Impa’s chances are good if we’re getting another Hyrule Warriors, or a remake of Skyward Sword. There’s also the chance she’s gonna be important in BotW2 as all other main characters who are important are dead. I’m slightly more optimistic now.
thats true we have no idea what form the other dlc fighters will take, we just know that are at least two more cause he used the plural term. could another fighter pass, could be individuals like pp

well shes bound to turn up in something sooner or later, assuming botw is still set in hyrule she will defiantly be there i would think, no matter what role she ends up with she to big a part of the series to go anywhere

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
thats true we have no idea what form the other dlc fighters will take, we just know that are at least two more cause he used the plural term. could another fighter pass, could be individuals like pp

well shes bound to turn up in something sooner or later, assuming botw is still set in hyrule she will defiantly be there i would think, no matter what role she ends up with she to big a part of the series to go anywhere
I just hope she won’t be old again. Purah made that anti aging rune, so there’s no excuse it could reverse Impa’s aging and we have her show up as her younger warrior self. If she’s old again in BotW2, it will likely cement her role as the old lady sage, and I don’t want that. I’m pretty sure younger Impa is more popular all over.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I just hope she won’t be old again. Purah made that anti aging rune, so there’s no excuse it could reverse Impa’s aging and we have her show up as her younger warrior self. If she’s old again in BotW2, it will likely cement her role as the old lady sage, and I don’t want that. I’m pretty sure younger Impa is more popular all over.
we'll just have to wait and see i guess, but i wouldnt say it will cement her, nintendo like to go back to things. though i maintain itd be hilarious to have old impa in smash

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm imaging young Impa appearing both in flashbacks and as a result of Purah getting the deaging Rune right. (much to Purah's annoyance)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
we'll just have to wait and see i guess, but i wouldnt say it will cement her, nintendo like to go back to things. though i maintain itd be hilarious to have old impa in smash
I don’t think that’s likely as old Impa in BotW was very frail, otherwise she didn’t need her guards and wouldn’t be easily targeted by the Yiga clan. There’s one scene where a Yiga soldier threatens to kill Impa remember? They are relatively easy for Link to beat.

Last edited:

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
I’m still putting all my hopes into some free echoes or paid echoes. I genuinely don’t believe Impa would be made a unique character for DLC, not anymore. Base, definitely. DLC, nah. But she’s my favorite so I’m still rooting for her

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I don’t think that’s likely as old Impa in BotW was very frail, otherwise she didn’t need her guards and wouldn’t be easily targeted by the Yiga clan. There’s one scene where a Yoga soldier threatens to kill Impa remember? They are relatively easy for Link to beat.
i said hilarious not practical, besides it smash things rarely make sense

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Holy ****! I haven't been to this thread since October lol! Well, with us getting more DLC I think there is potential we could get more Echos and I hope Impa is one of them.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder, if Koei Tecmo is on board with Ryu Hyabua as the rumors say, I wonder if there could be a Hyrule Warriors Impa Mii Swordfighter.

Would be better if her Nintendo selves was an echo but it's an idea.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I wonder, if Koei Tecmo is on board with Ryu Hyabua as the rumors say, I wonder if there could be a Hyrule Warriors Impa Mii Swordfighter.

Would be better if her Nintendo selves was an echo but it's an idea.
It could happen of course, then again if Ryu Hyabua gets in they might as well add Impa with him. She could be a semi clone after all using Cloud as a base.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
It could happen of course, then again if Ryu Hyabua gets in they might as well add Impa with him. She could be a semi clone after all using Cloud as a base.
She'd need her own special attacks but since Hyrule Warriors came with the Bomb, Bow, Boomerang, Hookshot and Hammer (3DS and Switch versions) she's got enough to work with.

I'd say

B: Bomb volley (throws multiple bombs who's knockback sends the opponent back to Impa)
B-side: Ijatsu strike (Heavy attack)
B-up: Light Heavy combo (mash B to extend like Shulk's Air Slash)
B-Down: Kunai Rain (or Rain Kunai? Either one woks)

Final Smash: Muso Attack

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Remember when Impa and Skull Kid were pretty much the last plausible Zelda newcomer pre-release.

Good times

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Remember when Impa and Skull Kid were pretty much the last plausible Zelda newcomer pre-release.

Good times
I mean, they still are technically. No Zelda character is going to kick Skull Kid off the popularity throne anytime soon and no Zelda character is a better candidate to be a Echo than Impa even though she could be more than that.

Still, I think if we ever get another Zelda newcomer especially in Ultimate's DLC lineup, it will be Skull Kid, Impa, or one of the Champions from Breath of the Wild. Two of the three I could see happening if any since Impa would be a quick and easy Echo to make.

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
If Impa is an echo of Sheik, I will be mad as ****.
imgbin-hyrule-warriors-the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword-the-legend-of-zelda-ocarina-of-time-i...jpg

imgbin-hyrule-warriors-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-swor...jpg

THIS is the Impa we need. She can be our Skyward sword rep.
Link is BOTW.
Zelda is LTTP.
Ganondorf and Sheik are OOT.
Young Link is MM.
Toon Link is WW.

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
young link has more in common with his oot appearance than his mm appearance
The point still remains that Impa's best iteration is Skyward Sword. OOT's iteration is too close to Sheik, and Impa deserves a unique moveset.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
The point still remains that Impa's best iteration is Skyward Sword. OOT's iteration is too close to Sheik, and Impa deserves a unique moveset.
well thats a matter of opinion, ive never really thought of which impa is the best, mostly cause i think of them all as the same character

though i dont think anyone here would say to to her with a hw moveset

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
I'd be happy to see Impa in Smash as a playable character. Echo Fighter, semi-clone, unique, you name it, I'm for it. So I'd like to be put down as a supporter.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'd be happy to see Impa in Smash as a playable character. Echo Fighter, semi-clone, unique, you name it, I'm for it. So I'd like to be put down as a supporter.
Sorry I haven't updated the list for so long, I wouldn't even know where to start if I had to update it. I appreciate the love, but I'm sorry but I can't dig through all the thread to find all the other supporters.. plz understand.

Impa got 9th place out of 100 on Gamexplain's Top 100 Females for Smash list!

Yeah I saw it, great she made it that far. Even ahead of her franchise competition as Midna and Urbosa, who are also both great characters fit for Smash.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Alright to keep things relevant, what would your reaction be if we suddenly got a Mii Swordfighter costume for Impa? Based on her Hyrule Warriors design of course.

Personally I'd settle for any sort of recognition at this point...

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Alright to keep things relevant, what would your reaction be if we suddenly got a Mii Swordfighter costume for Impa? Based on her Hyrule Warriors design of course.

Personally I'd settle for any sort of recognition at this point...
I’d buy it a slap it on a mii as soon as I could

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Honestly the Yiga Clan costumes made me think Impa was all but confirmed back in the day...

Top Bottom