• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sheikah Shrine; Impa's Spiritual home of Support & Speculation. Hear our voice Echo for a Echo Fighters Pass!

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
i do apologise for the double post but i thought this warranted a bump, apparently monolith are working on a new zelda

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
i do apologise for the double post but i thought this warranted a bump, apparently monolith are working on a new zelda
REALLY!? That's amazing news! What is your source? I remember they did some slight work for Breath of the Wild, but never would imagine this to happen for a next game.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
REALLY!? That's amazing news! What is your source? I remember they did some slight work for Breath of the Wild, but never would imagine this to happen for a next game.
a few places are saying it. kotaku, den of geek, gamespot, euro gamer, im not over sure about how they are with facts which is why i used apparently

though theyre source is monolith's own website, so maybe i could have been a bit more certain

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Haven't been here for ages. How're my fellow Impa supporters? Maybe we'll see our Sheikah warrior show up in Cadence of Hyrule soon.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Haven't been here for ages. How're my fellow Impa supporters? Maybe we'll see our Sheikah warrior show up in Cadence of Hyrule soon.
Been a long time with nothing to talk about indeed. The only recent Zelda game upcoming doesn’t have Impa in it anyway. Cadence of Hyrule is a possibility for us, but even if, it won’t have the impact that Hyrule Warriors had. And I thought that HW was enough for Impa to get in.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Been a long time with nothing to talk about indeed. The only recent Zelda game upcoming doesn’t have Impa in it anyway. Cadence of Hyrule is a possibility for us, but even if, it won’t have the impact that Hyrule Warriors had. And I thought that HW was enough for Impa to get in.
i think sakurai might a little stubborn in regards to how certain series should be represented in smash

but hey you never know he may yet surprise us all

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
i think sakurai might a little stubborn in regards to how certain series should be represented in smash

but hey you never know he may yet surprise us all
I’m not sure at this point honestly. It seems Sakurai threw all previous logic regarding how Zelda as a franchise should be represented with Ulitmate’s roster, but we never know. You might be right.

All am thinking right now is that Impa only has a chance if there’s gonna be Echoes. And she might need a sort of miracle to make that happen still. She seems like a good pick for a Echo, sure. But there’s more options to choose from, and Impa is only able to be a Echo of Sheik if she’s represented as Ocarina of Time or Skyward Sword Impa.

Other option is that we get an official Hyrule Warriors 2, and Impa is a prime ally again.

Our chances are worse than ever. And it’s a shame because it’s all because of Impa’s less than spectacular role in Breath of the Wild.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I’m not sure at this point honestly. It seems Sakurai threw all previous logic regarding how Zelda as a franchise should be represented with Ulitmate’s roster, but we never know. You might be right.

All am thinking right now is that Impa only has a chance if there’s gonna be Echoes. And she might need a sort of miracle to make that happen still. She seems like a good pick for a Echo, sure. But there’s more options to choose from, and Impa is only able to be a Echo of Sheik if she’s represented as Ocarina of Time or Skyward Sword Impa.

Other option is that we get an official Hyrule Warriors 2, and Impa is a prime ally again.

Our chances are worse than ever. And it’s a shame because it’s all because of Impa’s less than spectacular role in Breath of the Wild.
yeah im not found of our chances either

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I think Impa is top choice for echoes- especially with the ability to borrow Ganondorf's Smash moves.
Zelda deserves at least two echoes, quite frankly.
Yes, I said "deserves."

I don't want to expect more than a single character today, but I could see us getting two characters and a couple of echoes for hype. I don't understand how few echoes there are. They seem so easy. I'm of the 'why rebrand to only have a couple' motto.

Impa. Dixie. Tom Nook. Octoling. Blaziken. Zero. Baby Bros. Tails. Piplup. Tetra.
Why not go on?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well honestly now with Breath of the Wild 2, I think it’s more likely Impa will play a bigger role in that game. I mean, it’s a direct sequel, all other major characters are dead, and the Sheikah theme will likely stay around as it’s a direct sequel. Maybe there’s more memories, maybe there’s time travel so we meet young Impa, maybe Purah’s anti aging rune gets finished and suddenly Impa is young... I feel our chances are a little better now actually.

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
While it is unlikely.... I really want to see the Twili return in some way. It's not impossible. It wouldn't have Midna; but, maybe a few new Twili characters? Please Nintendo.

I'm really hoping Paya has a more important role this time around as well. Oh! and the Descendants of the Champions should get to do more too! Impa won't likely have an active role I feel.

What new characters do you think will be introduced?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Am kind of thinking there could be a prequel sort of situation honestly. I mean, the deceased characters from BotW 1 where easily the most memorable. Far more so than their descendants / tribe members of similar status. I am really hoping for some Impa action, and in general, more information between the Sheikah and Yiga rivalry / wars. Impa could still be considered the Sheikah Champion right? And again, Purah was working on an anti aging rune: especially made to renew the warriors of Hyrule, and Impa was an important warrior she said. Gotta be one of you lead the Sheikah after all, right?

Anyway am thinking that Zelda might disguise herself as Sheik this upcoming game, and Ganondorf might return as Calamity Ganon finally found a way to revive a proper body for himself.

I just hope Impa also gets a role. Because the BotW 1 role was very underwhelming.

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Am kind of thinking there could be a prequel sort of situation honestly. I mean, the deceased characters from BotW 1 where easily the most memorable. Far more so than their descendants / tribe members of similar status. I am really hoping for some Impa action, and in general, more information between the Sheikah and Yiga rivalry / wars. Impa could still be considered the Sheikah Champion right? And again, Purah was working on an anti aging rune: especially made to renew the warriors of Hyrule, and Impa was an important warrior she said. Gotta be one of you lead the Sheikah after all, right?

Anyway am thinking that Zelda might disguise herself as Sheik this upcoming game, and Ganondorf might return as Calamity Ganon finally found a way to revive a proper body for himself.

I just hope Impa also gets a role. Because the BotW 1 role was very underwhelming.
I did forget about the anti-aging that Purah was working on. Would kind of be weird. But at the same time... interesting.

I wonder how much time has passed. A few months? A year? I wonder if Purah has started re-aging. Nintendo may like keeping her really young.

I just want to see more!

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
How do you think the sequel will change Breath of the Wild?

Will we see a lot of old faces like the Champion's Descendants, Paya, Purah, Impa, etc.?

New characters? Who could they be?

New races? (unlikely but still) like Twili, Deku Scrubs, etc.?

What about Dungeons/Shrines?

So many questions!

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
That new game really came out of nowhere.

Really hope that Impa plays a large role - even if it’s just older Impa.

But I dig the horror feel that the game has. I hope it is to BotW what MM was to OoT.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
At the very least, we will see Zombie Ganondorf, and whoa did it freak me out! I mean, it makes sense when you think about it... Ganondorf’s fate is in a way worse than death itself after all his sins, but his sheer willpower to overrule Hyrule keeps him going. I always felt Calamity Ganon was too incomplete as a full end boss, guess we’re getting the full backstory now!

And with all the foreshadowing of the Sheikah and Yiga, I honestly can’t see Impa not having a bigger role than before. I mean, besides Link, Zelda and the newly assumed Zombie Ganondorf, which real core characters are still alive? The story of the king and Champions is already told and finished. Maybe Impa’s less than spectacular role in BotW was a blessing in disguise? She could realistically be the Sheikah Champion, and instruct Link and Zelda with some Sheikah techniques maybe? Maybe Zelda will be playable as Sheik thanks to this? It would fit the darker tone of this game, as it honestly seems very spooky right now. I’m betting enemies as Redeads, Gibdos and other spooky enemies will also return.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
At the very least, we will see Zombie Ganondorf, and whoa did it freak me out! I mean, it makes sense when you think about it... Ganondorf’s fate is in a way worse than death itself after all his sins, but his sheer willpower to overrule Hyrule keeps him going. I always felt Calamity Ganon was too incomplete as a full end boss, guess we’re getting the full backstory now!

And with all the foreshadowing of the Sheikah and Yiga, I honestly can’t see Impa not having a bigger role than before. I mean, besides Link, Zelda and the newly assumed Zombie Ganondorf, which real core characters are still alive? The story of the king and Champions is already told and finished. Maybe Impa’s less than spectacular role in BotW was a blessing in disguise? She could realistically be the Sheikah Champion, and instruct Link and Zelda with some Sheikah techniques maybe? Maybe Zelda will be playable as Sheik thanks to this? It would fit the darker tone of this game, as it honestly seems very spooky right now. I’m betting enemies as Redeads, Gibdos and other spooky enemies will also return.
Aonuma did compare it to Majora’s Mask in terms of tone, so I hope there are some genuine scares or at least unease in it.

Seeing the Redeads and Gibdos come back in BotW style would be cool. Also, hope Dead Hands return (and my nightmares with them)

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
on a paranoid note, thats another smash video with link being attacked by a kirby character

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Aonuma did compare it to Majora’s Mask in terms of tone, so I hope there are some genuine scares or at least unease in it.

Seeing the Redeads and Gibdos come back in BotW style would be cool. Also, hope Dead Hands return (and my nightmares with them)
Honestly that Ganondorf design is already pretty damn dark. I mean there’s been zombies in Nintendo games before but not quite like this. Having a well known character be turned into one. Pretty bold decision overall. I salute this, and it’s great we get a direct sequel, wherever I thought a prequel was more likely.

I’m thinking the ones reviving Ganondorf’s corpse might possibly be related to the Yiga. It would just make sense because it’s speculated they where also responsible for the Calamity Ganon outbreak. In that case Master Kogha might return.

Due to the dark theme, I could see stealth being a bigger element in this game. It’s also around in BotW 1, but after you grow stronger and have enough hearts and abilities you won’t care for it too much. Since Zelda might be playable, and she isn’t much of a fighter, she might take on the Sheik persona and fight with more stealth.

So we need to expect this game around 2021 right? Pretty cool we’re seeing a trailer from it already.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Honestly that Ganondorf design is already pretty damn dark. I mean there’s been zombies in Nintendo games before but not quite like this. Having a well known character be turned into one. Pretty bold decision overall. I salute this, and it’s great we get a direct sequel, wherever I thought a prequel was more likely.

I’m thinking the ones reviving Ganondorf’s corpse might possibly be related to the Yiga. It would just make sense because it’s speculated they where also responsible for the Calamity Ganon outbreak. In that case Master Kogha might return.

Due to the dark theme, I could see stealth being a bigger element in this game. It’s also around in BotW 1, but after you grow stronger and have enough hearts and abilities you won’t care for it too much. Since Zelda might be playable, and she isn’t much of a fighter, she might take on the Sheik persona and fight with more stealth.

So we need to expect this game around 2021 right? Pretty cool we’re seeing a trailer from it already.
Oh man Zelda being playable would be amazing. I'd even just take her as a companion at this point, as long as she doesn't need to be saved again.

And yeah I'm guessing early 2021 (March like BotW in 2017) for this, maybe it'll be the big holiday game for 2020, but that might be wishful thinking.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Oh man Zelda being playable would be amazing. I'd even just take her as a companion at this point, as long as she doesn't need to be saved again.

And yeah I'm guessing early 2021 (March like BotW in 2017) for this, maybe it'll be the big holiday game for 2020, but that might be wishful thinking.
Well it ones use the same engine and the same version of Hyrule as BotW. It could mean the game could be finished much earlier than a total new Zelda, which BotW was. It’s a pretty smart decision overall.

Am hoping the Sheikah theme stays around however. There’s no Sheikah Towers or Shrines at the one shot we see of Hyrule, neither the Divine Beasts. I’m not very sure what that’s gonna mean for the game, or the Sheikah, but I do hope we’re still gonna see Impa, and hopefully younger with a more prominent role.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
by the way you know cadence of hyrule? well impa doesnt appear as such

but you can get her naginata from hyrule warriors as a weapon

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
I'm really hoping that Impa, Paya, Purah etc. get more to do. Maybe even getting to do a quest with Paya fighting Yiga?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
by the way you know cadence of hyrule? well impa doesnt appear as such

but you can get her naginata from hyrule warriors as a weapon
I looked into this!

Impa’s looks in this game seem to directly be inspired by Skyward Sword but whilst holding the naginata from Hyrule Warriors! Was pleasantly surprised to see this!

6F81FDAF-3245-4EBA-89A1-68589513C34A.jpeg

See? That’s literally what I wanted for Smash! Skyward Sword Impa with the naginata from Warriors!

Nintendo please take notes!

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I looked into this!

Impa’s looks in this game seem to directly be inspired by Skyward Sword but whilst holding the naginata from Hyrule Warriors! Was pleasantly surprised to see this!

View attachment 228512

See? That’s literally what I wanted for Smash! Skyward Sword Impa with the naginata from Warriors!

huh wonder how i missed that

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I looked into this!

View attachment 228512

Seen a few people on GameFAQS speculating about a fifth playable character in a future update due to the character selection seeming to hint at it. A couple put forth Impa...which let's be real would be incredible. Could be a young Ganondorf or even Tingle if they add another character of course, but they put a lot of effort into Impa's sprite considering she's only shown very briefly and doesn't do much in game.

Also yes, I'm very much enjoying this style of Impa(Skyward/Hyrule warriors) being seen more and more. It's a really good look and I kind of want this design to reappear a fair bit in future games even if spinoffs. Hard to cement her in the public mind if she constantly changes appearence after all. Zelda changes her looks too, but most people have a distinct single look in their mind of her.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Seen a few people on GameFAQS speculating about a fifth playable character in a future update due to the character selection seeming to hint at it. A couple put forth Impa...which let's be real would be incredible. Could be a young Ganondorf or even Tingle if they add another character of course, but they put a lot of effort into Impa's sprite considering she's only shown very briefly and doesn't do much in game.

Also yes, I'm very much enjoying this style of Impa(Skyward/Hyrule warriors) being seen more and more. It's a really good look and I kind of want this design to reappear a fair bit in future games even if spinoffs. Hard to cement her in the public mind if she constantly changes appearence after all. Zelda changes her looks too, but most people have a distinct single look in their mind of her.
hang on 5th? was there a 4th? clearly ive missed more than four heart pieces

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
In other news I was umming and erring about picking up Hyrule Warriors for the Switch, but finally made the plunge. It was my most played game on the Wii U, so whilst it's on the E3 special and I still have a bunch of points not doing anything in my account I may as well grab it while I can.

Looking forward to maining Impa all over again and discovering the 3DS exclusive content.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
I looked into this!

View attachment 228512

This is awesome! I was already going to get the game eventually, but I might just pick it up tonight now.

In other news I was umming and erring about picking up Hyrule Warriors for the Switch, but finally made the plunge. It was my most played game on the Wii U, so whilst it's on the E3 special and I still have a bunch of points not doing anything in my account I may as well grab it while I can.

Looking forward to maining Impa all over again and discovering the 3DS exclusive content.
As someone who’s also on the fence about double dipping, is it worth it on the switch?

I’ve never played the 3ds one, only Wii U, so I’ve never played all the new content that came with that one.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

Funny cause I only played the 3DS version, and having a great time with the Switch version. It looks way better, plays way better and has more content. And yes Impa is of course my strongest warrior! I think she’s now around level 90? Link is like 75+.

How is Candence of Hyrule? Is it a good game? I’ve read people claiming it’s the best spin off of Zelda ever. But am not sure about that.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
This is awesome! I was already going to get the game eventually, but I might just pick it up tonight now.

As someone who’s also on the fence about double dipping, is it worth it on the switch?

I’ve never played the 3ds one, only Wii U, so I’ve never played all the new content that came with that one.
If you got it only on Wii U it nearly doubles the content according to others.

In my own short Switch experience though, they added one handy mechanic from Fire Emblem Warriors that I really liked; The ability to pick more than one character at a time in some stages, switch between them and give simple commands to the AI controlled one. Diddy was that in the 3DS version?

Adventure Mode is from what little I've seen thus far a little less clunky due to this mechanic as you now don't have to spend ages running from one side of the map to the other, and can even use one character to distract a boss whilst the other racks up the kills in the KO count.

There's also the 'My Fairy' content that I haven't unlocked thus far... but sounds like there's a ton of customization to it to keep you busy.

Lastly I only had time to play the first stage last night but even that one big notable change; you don't just play as Link on this stage. Once you obtain the bombs you're given control of Zelda to sweep up another room. Once Wizzro sends out Lizalfos to take down your Goron commander you have access to Impa who goes in to stop them. Zelda does of course leave the battlefield shortly after activating the Great Fairy for plot purposes but you remain able to switch between Impa and Link to take on King Dodonga.

Funny cause I only played the 3DS version, and having a great time with the Switch version. It looks way better, plays way better and has more content. And yes Impa is of course my strongest warrior! I think she’s now around level 90? Link is like 75+.

How is Candence of Hyrule? Is it a good game? I’ve read people claiming it’s the best spin off of Zelda ever. But am not sure about that.
I know that feeling! Last I checked my Impa was level 140 on Wii U or something silly like that whilst Link, Zelda and Ganondorf were still hanging around level 101. Oof. Tingle was around 115 though...he's pretty fun to play.

I haven't actually managed to play it yet but my Zelda obsessed friend seems to agree with that statement about Cadence, although he was never massively keen on Warriors style games to begin with so it could be slight bias there.
I don't think it'll be everyone's favourite but there's a lot of love for the franchise in Cadence, and I appreciate they've even included a mode for people like me who lack any kind of natural rhythm with their 'Fixed Beat' mode.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

enjoy, its awesome

its really fun, its a bit short took about 7 and a 3rd hours to get through the story and get most stuff, but it is really enjoyable

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Cadence of Hyrule is a blast. I really enjoyed Necrodancer, and this game is even better.

I love playing as Zelda, and I’m glad Impa got a cameo. Although I really wouldn’t be surprised if we get a free update that makes Impa and a few other characters playable. Necro has so many characters to play as

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If Impa becomes playable that’s thats a huge step already! We already established that with Hyrule Warriors, but that game had a huge cast so the impact isn’t as big. If Impa becomes one of the few playable characters in this game from Zelda, before the likes of Ganondorf, any smaller Link, any different version of Zelda, or anyone else they like think of (Midna or Skull Kid are reasonably popular despite not showing up much) that’s a huge blessing for us. And might just push Impa into saver territory.

However I kind of won’t expect her for Smash anymore. I don’t have much faith in first party character anyway. Unless we get new Echoes, I’m not sure if we’re ever gonna see Impa in Smash.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well to be honestly the only chance we truly have is if we get Skyward Sword remade into something for the Switch (unlikely) or Impa makes a major role in BotW 2. Which am personally kind of hesitant in expecting because last time turned out quite terribly... or well, whatever BotW gave us (I think it was a very bad role for her, especially after Skyward Sword, but I can accept it because BotW tried to emulate the NES Zelda and that’s the way NES Zelda’s Impa was; a frail elder lady).

I do hope that she’s at least there, and the story line might help us in a way, because Impa’s sister Purah was trying to develop an anti aging rune for example, or there might be time traveling in the story, and if Link is separated from Zelda, Impa would make a great guardian for Zelda instead (if Urbosa is still dead at least).

At the very least we’ll have a thread to discuss BotW2, and that’s also good!

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Well to be honestly the only chance we truly have is if we get Skyward Sword remade into something for the Switch (unlikely) or Impa makes a major role in BotW 2. Which am personally kind of hesitant in expecting because last time turned out quite terribly... or well, whatever BotW gave us (I think it was a very bad role for her, especially after Skyward Sword, but I can accept it because BotW tried to emulate the NES Zelda and that’s the way NES Zelda’s Impa was; a frail elder lady).

I do hope that she’s at least there, and the story line might help us in a way, because Impa’s sister Purah was trying to develop an anti aging rune for example, or there might be time traveling in the story, and if Link is separated from Zelda, Impa would make a great guardian for Zelda instead (if Urbosa is still dead at least).

At the very least we’ll have a thread to discuss BotW2, and that’s also good!
well technically botw impa followed on from albw impa

Top Bottom