• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sheikah Shrine; Impa's Spiritual home of Support & Speculation. Hear our voice Echo for a Echo Fighters Pass!

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
It's not that I don't like her. It's more the fact she totally ruined her upward momentum of having increasingly better roles in the franchise. Especially after Skyward Sword, Breath of the Wild Impa was extremely underwhelming. The game had a huge Sheikah based theme, but Impa, the franchise's first and only real Sheik character at that point, was totally neglected and was just given the same old role as in the NES Zelda basically. If the roles of Impa where swapped between Skyward Sword and Breath of the Wild, Impa would be a newcomer now, and probably unique.
well to be fair it was the role she had in most zelda games, but just cause young impa has only been in two main series games doesnt mean she couldnt be the default form for her, older link had only been in one game when he was made the default form for link in smash

to be honest i think sakurai's bias is what's keep zelda characters out of smash

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
to be honest i think sakurai's bias is what's keep zelda characters out of smash
The Zelda series has 6 fighters, 9 stages, 4 ATs, and a boss. I want more Zelda reps too, but quit crying bias unless there's an actual quote from Sakurai showing his dislike of the series. It's doing very well with representation, it's just there's more stages than characters. Also, the only other series that have more reps than it are Mario, Pokemon, and Fire Emblem anyway.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
The Zelda series has 6 fighters, 9 stages, 4 ATs, and a boss. I want more Zelda reps too, but quit crying bias unless there's an actual quote from Sakurai showing his dislike of the series. It's doing very well with representation, it's just there's more stages than characters. Also, the only other series that have more reps than it are Mario, Pokemon, and Fire Emblem anyway.
well to me it just doestn make sense that fire emblem out numbers zelda in terms of characters, pokemon and mario sure theyre nintendo's top two but zelda is number three and fire emblem is about number ten, so i might just be being paranoid but im struggling to come up with any other legitimate reason for them not adding anyone else

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
This honestly. Plus, there’s the fact that just about all the Zelda characters outside of Sheik got reworked. Young Link also came back, Ganondorf finally got his sword, Link, Zelda and Ganondorf are all significantly buffed and revamped, and we got that Ganon boss battle. That beats Impa as a newcomer am afraid...

Speaking of Fire Emblem, they get a new cast every new game. So that’s a good reason why there’s more Fire Emblem fighters than Zelda. Even though a Zelda newcomer is long overdue...

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
This honestly. Plus, there’s the fact that just about all the Zelda characters outside of Sheik got reworked. Young Link also came back, Ganondorf finally got his sword, Link, Zelda and Ganondorf are all significantly buffed and revamped, and we got that Ganon boss battle. That beats Impa as a newcomer am afraid...

Speaking of Fire Emblem, they get a new cast every new game. So that’s a good reason why there’s more Fire Emblem fighters than Zelda. Even though a Zelda newcomer is long overdue...
yes but why do they get a new character every game over more popular series?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
yes but why do they get a new character every game over more popular series?
Well in a way, Fire Emblem was made big because of Smash. So the game having more Fire Emblem characters could be a testimony to that. Also, I don't think there's really too many Fire Emblem characters.

Marth and Ike have all the reason to stay of course, Roy got back because of him being immensively popular (even more popular than Isaac, that's saying quite a lot) and being a veteran, Lucina was a cool extra who is basically the second face of the franchise and easily the most promoted Fire Emblem character since Ike, Robin uses unique Fire Emblem-specific mechanics and represents the magic and tactical aspects of the franchise, Corrin is a odd one yet unique and represents the dragon's roles in Fire Emblem and even lances (if ever so slightly and even if Corrin actually never used a lance) and Chrom is just a extra character that remained popular and relevant over time. Awakening is kind of overrepresented, but it's the turning point of the franchise. It was the revival game and probably overall the most popular game by casuals.

Zelda also has overrepresentation of Ocarina of Time characters in a way, Fire Emblem Awakening and Zelda Ocarina of Time got exactly the same amount of characters. Fire Emblem Awakening has :ultchrom::ultrobin::ultlucina: and Ocarina of Time has :ultyounglink::ultsheik::ultganondorf:.

I actually wouldn't mind another Fire Emblem newcomer for DLC. And to be honest, I think a Fire Emblem DLC character is the biggest bet for a Nintendo-owned newcomer. Unless of course a new Zelda comes around, and it's as ambitious as a project as Breath of the Wild.. which I doubt, because such a game would probably have been showcased already.

We have to just patiently wait this one out unfortunately. Each Fire Emblem character in Smash, despite often only appearing as main character once, probably has a overall more important role to Fire Emblem than Impa currently has for Zelda. Zelda doesn't have significant one-offs that are main characters, the main characters are always Link and Zelda. Ganondorf doesn't even show up regulary anymore. Impa has too many inconsistent roles unfortunately. They could've easily made her a Echo. And I still don't get why they would favor Dark Samus over Impa honestly, if Ridley is already there and way more popular... I also think Impa would be more recognised as Zelda enjoys way more popularity than Metroid, and Impa is sure to return to Zelda, whereas Dark Samus is most likely not... So yeah, odd choice. But that might mean that Sakurai thinks Impa is capable of more.

Anyway, we've been screwed over twice now. Which is still not as bad as say, :ultkrool: or :ultridley: or Isaac... But still pretty bad.

In retrospect, I would've prefered Impa being one of the last final newcomers of Smash 4 instead of them brining Dr.Mario back. Dr.Mario would've returned in Ultimate anyway because "Everyone Is Here". And Sheik was at her best in Smash 4. Daisy was also definitely not needed, especially cause :ultpiranha: happened in the end as a unique Mario newcomer.

Talking about this definitely doesn't make it better tho... Maybe that's why I was absent here for so long.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Well in a way, Fire Emblem was made big because of Smash. So the game having more Fire Emblem characters could be a testimony to that. Also, I don't think there's really too many Fire Emblem characters.

Marth and Ike have all the reason to stay of course, Roy got back because of him being immensively popular (even more popular than Isaac, that's saying quite a lot) and being a veteran, Lucina was a cool extra who is basically the second face of the franchise and easily the most promoted Fire Emblem character since Ike, Robin uses unique Fire Emblem-specific mechanics and represents the magic and tactical aspects of the franchise, Corrin is a odd one yet unique and represents the dragon's roles in Fire Emblem and even lances (if ever so slightly and even if Corrin actually never used a lance) and Chrom is just a extra character that remained popular and relevant over time. Awakening is kind of overrepresented, but it's the turning point of the franchise. It was the revival game and probably overall the most popular game by casuals.

Zelda also has overrepresentation of Ocarina of Time characters in a way, Fire Emblem Awakening and Zelda Ocarina of Time got exactly the same amount of characters. Fire Emblem Awakening has :ultchrom::ultrobin::ultlucina: and Ocarina of Time has :ultyounglink::ultsheik::ultganondorf:.

I actually wouldn't mind another Fire Emblem newcomer for DLC. And to be honest, I think a Fire Emblem DLC character is the biggest bet for a Nintendo-owned newcomer. Unless of course a new Zelda comes around, and it's as ambitious as a project as Breath of the Wild.. which I doubt, because such a game would probably have been showcased already.

We have to just patiently wait this one out unfortunately. Each Fire Emblem character in Smash, despite often only appearing as main character once, probably has a overall more important role to Fire Emblem than Impa currently has for Zelda. Zelda doesn't have significant one-offs that are main characters, the main characters are always Link and Zelda. Ganondorf doesn't even show up regulary anymore. Impa has too many inconsistent roles unfortunately. They could've easily made her a Echo. And I still don't get why they would favor Dark Samus over Impa honestly, if Ridley is already there and way more popular... I also think Impa would be more recognised as Zelda enjoys way more popularity than Metroid, and Impa is sure to return to Zelda, whereas Dark Samus is most likely not... So yeah, odd choice. But that might mean that Sakurai thinks Impa is capable of more.

Anyway, we've been screwed over twice now. Which is still not as bad as say, :ultkrool: or :ultridley: or Isaac... But still pretty bad.

In retrospect, I would've prefered Impa being one of the last final newcomers of Smash 4 instead of them brining Dr.Mario back. Dr.Mario would've returned in Ultimate anyway because "Everyone Is Here". And Sheik was at her best in Smash 4. Daisy was also definitely not needed, especially cause :ultpiranha: happened in the end as a unique Mario newcomer.

Talking about this definitely doesn't make it better tho... Maybe that's why I was absent here for so long.
Well Sakurai did say that Chrom, Dark Samus, and Richter got in because of the ballot (or rather fan requests). So it’s likely that Daisy did well in it too. Ken probably just got in as the OG fighting game echo and Capcom’s willingness.

I have a feeling Impa did well - I always see her in the top 25 in polls - but just missed out on the boat unfortunately.

But there’s still hope. If the fighting pass sells well we’ll for sure get more since data mining found 30 spots for DLC characters. And free echoes is always possible. Or a unique Impa!

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

well sakurai's never treated franchise fairly i guess

Well Sakurai did say that Chrom, Dark Samus, and Richter got in because of the ballot (or rather fan requests). So it’s likely that Daisy did well in it too. Ken probably just got in as the OG fighting game echo and Capcom’s willingness.

I have a feeling Impa did well - I always see her in the top 25 in polls - but just missed out on the boat unfortunately.

But there’s still hope. If the fighting pass sells well we’ll for sure get more since data mining found 30 spots for DLC characters. And free echoes is always possible. Or a unique Impa!
from what i can tell from the mario fandom most want either toad geno or waluigi i dont think daisy would have done so well

mind you different polls will say different things quite a few of the polls ive seen had impa in the top twenty and no castlevania characters to be seen

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

Wait WHAT!?

30 characters!? That's.. a great deal! We might actually see the likes of say, Paper Mario, Bandana Dee, Isaac and of course Impa!! :D

This is great news!

Anyway, yes I do know for a fact that Chrom and Daisy did very well. They where always at least among the Top 20 requested. However, Impa was never far behind. I swear she should've done better than Dark Samus and Richter Belmont...

Last edited:

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
well sakurai's never treated franchise fairly i guess

from what i can tell from the mario fandom most want either toad geno or waluigi i dont think daisy would have done so well

mind you different polls will say different things quite a few of the polls ive seen had impa in the top twenty and no castlevania characters to be seen
Yes polls are different but echoes got in because of popularity (except maybe Ken) on the ballot, which is right from Sakurai’s mouth.

Daisy got in because she was wanted and able to be made and echo, while Waluigi and Toad could not be.

Wait WHAT!?

30 characters!? That's.. a great deal! We might actually see the likes of say, Paper Mario, Bandana Dee, Isaac and of course Impa!! :D

This is great news!

Anyway, yes I do know for a fact that Chrom and Daisy did very well. They where always at least among the Top 20 requested. However, Impa was never far behind. I swear she should've done better than Dark Samus and Richter Belmont...
Yes! It is very good news. I would’ve thought that Impa did better than Dark Samus and Richter too but I have a feeling that Richter did well in Japanese polls. Dark Samus, idk, probably to make up for Metroid being underrepresented for so long.

But I’m hopeful about Impa again. I don’t think there will be 30, but Nintendo is at least open to it.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Yes polls are different but echoes got in because of popularity (except maybe Ken) on the ballot, which is right from Sakurai’s mouth.

Daisy got in because she was wanted and able to be made and echo, while Waluigi and Toad could not be.
i believe he was only talking about chrom and dark samus in that statement i dont think weve had any explanation for daisy thus far

Last edited:

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
i believe he was only talking about chrom and dark samus in that statement i dont think weve had any explanation for daisy thus far
He said it about Dark Samus, Richter, and Chrom. Daisy being popular in the ballot and becoming an echo because of that is just a logical conclusion.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Yeah, Sakurai hates everything except Fire Emblem and only included Daisy (an extremely popular character) to spite Waluigi and Toad fans. He especially hates Zelda. He even called BotW a “masterpiece” because he despises it so much.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, Sakurai hates everything except Fire Emblem and only included Daisy (an extremely popular character) to spite Waluigi and Toad fans. He especially hates Zelda. He even called BotW a “masterpiece” because he despises it so much.
i was joking, i agree it probable that daisy was high on the ballot when sakurai was scanning it for echoes

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Daisy was highly requested, Chrom more so. Dark Samus was a popular pick before Brawl, but not so much anymore before Smash 4, let alone Ultimate. It's quite weird how he picked her, when the more obvious newcomer and highly requested Ridley was gonna make it in anyway. :ultridley:

Anyway, the fact Metroid even got adressed is maybe a good thing after all. Because after Zero Suit Samus, it was uncertain that new Metroid newcomers where even gonna be a thing. Older franchises rarely get new love. So in the end, it might actually be favorable to us?

Impa has all the merrits now to make a fantastic Echo fighter. Maybe slightly more ambitious like Ken, since it's possible. Maybe while using another character's Special Move? Because it's possible since Chrom. Since they don't have to rush it, they can take their time with Impa. I for example would like the Lucina / Chrom effect being applied to Sheik's moves for Impa. A lower learning curve, but without the benefit of being a heavy combo machine like Sheik more like how she used to be because lol Ultimate Sheik? Lots of things possible, even if we don't get a new appearance for Impa in a new Zelda game right away.

Echo Impa is a cute idea still, but I think the chances are kind of low because Nintendo confirmed they are not working on a Skyward Sword remake for Switch </3

I try to keep hope, but it's hard.

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
I wish we could have Impa in as a unique character. I would select Skyward Sword Impa so as could have the whip return as a Side Special. She would use the SS whip.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Oh, not again...

First of all, it's 29 ID slots, and second, those ID slots may not necessarily be filled up by only characters, since character alts can fill them as well.

Still plenty of opportunities for characters, yes, but one must keep the facts straight.

i was joking, i agree it probable that daisy was high on the ballot when sakurai was scanning it for echoes
And it doesn't hurt that her appearance in Super Mario Run might have been taken into consideration as well, since it can be considered a step up from the regular spin-offs in terms of "major" entries.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Oh, not again...

First of all, it's 29 ID slots, and second, those ID slots may not necessarily be filled up by only characters, since character alts can fill them as well.

Still plenty of opportunities for characters, yes, but one must keep the facts straight.

And it doesn't hurt that her appearance in Super Mario Run might have been taken into consideration as well, since it can be considered a step up from the regular spin-offs in terms of "major" entries.
Character alts? Filling up 29 slots? Since when? I never saw a alt taking up a ID slot.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well, if I recall correctly, PokéfreakofBACON PokéfreakofBACON did say something about alts counting as taking up a slot (e.g. Bayo takes 2, Bowser Jr. takes 8).

Also, the Ice Climbers do take up one by themselves, as shown here:

https://youtu.be/H3p4jvaWQE0?t=41
Ok, that's somewhat reasonable. Yet I don't see another :ultbowserjr:-like situation happening honestly. Maybe a few characters can get a alt. But I still think there's gonna be way more characters than the Fighter Pass suggests.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Ok, that's somewhat reasonable. Yet I don't see another :ultbowserjr:-like situation happening honestly. Maybe a few characters can get a alt. But I still think there's gonna be way more characters than the Fighter Pass suggests.
That seems fair. We just need to hope there's both enough fan demand and the staff/higher-ups willing to continue to support the game beyond stability patches.

Last edited:

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
If all 5 DLC fighters took 2 slots, that'd already be 10 of the 29. I'm assuming Joker will have at least 2, with and without the mask. Theoretically, a character could have 4, or even 8, without being a Bowser Jr. situation. For example, if Alph were a character, he could have 3 slots taken for the other two Pikmin characters. Someone who wears lots of very different outfits might take up 8. My personal theory is that we're going to get either 3-4 fighter passes over the course of several years, or we're going to get a lot of echo fighters or alt skins as DLC, or a mix of both.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If all 5 DLC fighters took 2 slots, that'd already be 10 of the 29. I'm assuming Joker will have at least 2, with and without the mask. Theoretically, a character could have 4, or even 8, without being a Bowser Jr. situation. For example, if Alph were a character, he could have 3 slots taken for the other two Pikmin characters. Someone who wears lots of very different outfits might take up 8. My personal theory is that we're going to get either 3-4 fighter passes over the course of several years, or we're going to get a lot of echo fighters or alt skins as DLC, or a mix of both.
Honestly, I think a Season 2 is already farfetched enough. I don't think this game will exheed Smash 4's DLC characters is ammount. And if it does, not by much. And yes that's counting Echoes.

I don't think there will be many characters with more than one different alt honestly. If you say Joker will have one, great. But I won't expect two on him. Not even Lucina has her Masked Marth alt. And do the versions of Ridley even count? Does Link's classic tunic version count?

Maybe Impa will take up at least 3 of these suspected alts. Having a alt for her Skyward Sword, Ocarina of Time, a newly created Young BotW design and Hyrule Warriors designs. :smirk:

Yeah farfetched, but I like to have hope. Ultimate confirmed I'll forever stick with Diddy anyway. :ultdiddy:

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Honestly, I think a Season 2 is already farfetched enough. I don't think this game will exheed Smash 4's DLC characters is ammount. And if it does, not by much. And yes that's counting Echoes.

I don't think there will be many characters with more than one different alt honestly. If you say Joker will have one, great. But I won't expect two on him. Not even Lucina has her Masked Marth alt. And do the versions of Ridley even count? Does Link's classic tunic version count?

Maybe Impa will take up at least 3 of these suspected alts. Having a alt for her Skyward Sword, Ocarina of Time, a newly created Young BotW design and Hyrule Warriors designs. :smirk:

Yeah farfetched, but I like to have hope. Ultimate confirmed I'll forever stick with Diddy anyway. :ultdiddy:
Link takes up 2, Ridley takes up 2. It's exactly what you'd expect. The reason I believe we're going to get all 29 slots filled is because this exact situation happened in Smash 4, and all those slots got filled. Also, they ended up adding (not removing) a slot, BEFORE they added a character to go in it. We're more likely to get OVER 29 than under 29, if you ask me.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Link takes up 2, Ridley takes up 2. It's exactly what you'd expect. The reason I believe we're going to get all 29 slots filled is because this exact situation happened in Smash 4, and all those slots got filled. Also, they ended up adding (not removing) a slot, BEFORE they added a character to go in it. We're more likely to get OVER 29 than under 29, if you ask me.
Okay, explain to me like am a 10 year old. How many slots did the Smash 4 DLC get innitially? And how did they get filled? I want a good perspective on this so I know what to expect.

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Okay, explain to me like am a 10 year old. How many slots did the Smash 4 DLC get innitially? And how did they get filled? I want a good perspective on this so I know what to expect.
Initially, Smash 4 had 9 unused IDs in the data. As Mewtwo, Lucas, Roy, and Ryu were added, they each took up 1 ID, leaving 5 left. However, they put another empty ID in the data around this point, so there were actually 6 left. Then Corrin, Cloud, and Bayonetta all took up 2 IDs each. Corrin had a male and female version, Cloud had 2 outfits, and Bayonetta had different hairstyles/colors/outfits, based on Bayonetta 1 & 2. After those three were added, there were zero empty IDs left.

To explain how it could happen with Ultimate, we're starting with 29. Let's say the first fighter pass comes out, and all 5 characters have 2 different versions, such as an alternate gender version, or a different outfit or something, like Joker with or without a mask, for example. If that happened, we'd still have 19 slots left. If they added, say, 5 echo fighters, one of which took up 2 IDs, then we'd have 13 left, which is still enough for a second fighter pass. (third if you counted those echos as a fighter pass.)

They could also (maybe) release new outfits for current characters, and those MIGHT take up IDs, depending on how complicated they are. If they just added back fire flower mario or black yoshi, that wouldn't take up a new ID. If they added a pokemon trainer alt skin where they dress up as Team rocket, and all of the pokemon wear sunglasses, that would probably take up four. (Disclaimer: I'm not sure how Pokemon Trainer's IDs work entirely, but I'm assuming they take up 5. One for Red, one for Leaf, one for Squirtle, one for Ivysaur, and one for Charizard.)

If the first fighter pass has the remaining 4 characters with 8 IDs, assuming Joker takes 1, that'd be 32, which is obviously more than what's in there. Not to mention, all 5 characters pulling a Bowser Jr. is highly unlikely. Through reasonable deduction, we can say that we're going to get at least 2 fighter passes, maybe even more. Unless, of course, they don't follow the trend of Smash 4, which I admit is possible, but unlikely.

Does that make sense or am I sounding like a crazy person? lmao

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Initially, Smash 4 had 9 unused IDs in the data. As Mewtwo, Lucas, Roy, and Ryu were added, they each took up 1 ID, leaving 5 left. However, they put another empty ID in the data around this point, so there were actually 6 left. Then Corrin, Cloud, and Bayonetta all took up 2 IDs each. Corrin had a male and female version, Cloud had 2 outfits, and Bayonetta had different hairstyles/colors/outfits, based on Bayonetta 1 & 2. After those three were added, there were zero empty IDs left.

To explain how it could happen with Ultimate, we're starting with 29. Let's say the first fighter pass comes out, and all 5 characters have 2 different versions, such as an alternate gender version, or a different outfit or something, like Joker with or without a mask, for example. If that happened, we'd still have 19 slots left. If they added, say, 5 echo fighters, one of which took up 2 IDs, then we'd have 13 left, which is still enough for a second fighter pass. (third if you counted those echos as a fighter pass.)

They could also (maybe) release new outfits for current characters, and those MIGHT take up IDs, depending on how complicated they are. If they just added back fire flower mario or black yoshi, that wouldn't take up a new ID. If they added a pokemon trainer alt skin where they dress up as Team rocket, and all of the pokemon wear sunglasses, that would probably take up four. (Disclaimer: I'm not sure how Pokemon Trainer's IDs work entirely, but I'm assuming they take up 5. One for Red, one for Leaf, one for Squirtle, one for Ivysaur, and one for Charizard.)

If the first fighter pass has the remaining 4 characters with 8 IDs, assuming Joker takes 1, that'd be 32, which is obviously more than what's in there. Not to mention, all 5 characters pulling a Bowser Jr. is highly unlikely. Through reasonable deduction, we can say that we're going to get at least 2 fighter passes, maybe even more. Unless, of course, they don't follow the trend of Smash 4, which I admit is possible, but unlikely.

nope makes perfect sense

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

This is the most sense a speculative post on here has made since a LONG time! No you’re not crazy. In fact, you might be right!

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
Hey guys, can I be added to the support list? I think Impa should get a spot on the roster...

NOT as an echo of Sheik. I'd much prefer her use either the Giant Sword or Naginata from Hyrule Warriors. You might be upset, but I think it's most befitting of her since a non-canon moveset but one that still ties into the series is much better than one entirely fabricated.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Hey guys, can I be added to the support list? I think Impa should get a spot on the roster...

NOT as an echo of Sheik. I'd much prefer her use either the Giant Sword or Naginata from Hyrule Warriors. You might be upset, but I think it's most befitting of her since a non-canon moveset but one that still ties into the series is much better than one entirely fabricated.
Sorry man haven't updated the supporters list in ages, but in the mind, consider yourself there! Any new recruit is a welcome one.

I also agree that that's the way Impa should be designed. Yet I have little hope for it now. Hyrule Warriors got 0,0% attention in Smash Ultimate, and I doubt it'll get it through DLC. And I don't really get why honestly. Sure, Breath of the Wild was the mainstream Zelda game from the time period before Ultimate, but even games as Four Swords have at least been acknowledged in earlier games.

All am hoping on is a sudden new Zelda game reveal that has Impa in another significant role as in Skyward Sword. But that's somewhat unlikely. I had high hopes for Breath of the Wild because of the Sheikah theme that was very prevailing during the game, and also noticable in the early trailers and what not. But Impa had a very minor role in that game, and not even in the cutscenes she appeared as her younger self, despite the in game hints that she was a mighty warrior in the past....

The only miracle that would help us in this case is that the next Zelda game is a direct prequel to Breath of the Wild. But I don't think of that as too likely. They canceled mostly all planned Zelda 'sequels', for example Wind Waker 2. The only real sequel we ever saw in Zelda was Majora's Mask, and possibly Zelda 2?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Major bump.

With a cool new thing to discuss: Cadence of Hyrule.

Outside of Link and Zelda joining the main protagonist's quest, there's Sheikah symbols in these buildings that sort of resemble Sheikah Shrines.

Since it's unlikely they would make another version of Link or Zelda playable, and Ganon(dorf) is likely to be a boss somewhere in the game, or the final boss fight even, I do think that if there's another Zelda playable character it's gotta be Impa.

We can hope right?

Discuss!

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Major bump.

With a cool new thing to discuss: Cadence of Hyrule.

Outside of Link and Zelda joining the main protagonist's quest, there's Sheikah symbols in these buildings that sort of resemble Sheikah Shrines.

Since it's unlikely they would make another version of Link or Zelda playable, and Ganon(dorf) is likely to be a boss somewhere in the game, or the final boss fight even, I do think that if there's another Zelda playable character it's gotta be Impa.

We can hope right?

Discuss!
i would love to but im still not sure what it is

well this is the internet wont be hard to find out

anything with link and zelda tends to get my attention

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
i would love to but im still not sure what it is

well this is the internet wont be hard to find out

anything with link and zelda tends to get my attention
Same here. Think it's cool that Zelda is actually playable alongside Link. That hasn't happened beyond Smash and Hyrule Warriors. Makes me more hopeful for Impa, because the way Zelda fights seems to resemble a bit of a mixture between Hyrule Warriors and Smash's versions of Zelda, being mostly a mage-like fighter who also uses her rapier for up close attacks. Couldn't help but notice that.

As I said before, the Sheikah theme is also back by the ways certain doors and other entries have been designed in that game. Could be a direct influence of Breath of the Wild, but I predicted that this would happen in 'future Zelda releases'. While I don't expect Impa or anything Sheikah-related to be included in say, Link of the Past for Switch, I do think that any new original Zelda game is gonna feature more Sheikah related elements. Zelda was always meant to be a sort of steampunk-medival like universe, and the Sheikah elements of Breath of the Wild gave them ways to incorperate such features more easily.

This is of course great, because Impa is always leader of the Sheikah. So if Impa would ever appear in Smash after being denied as a Echo Fighter or semi-clone of Sheik, or based around Hyrule Warriors (which could potentially happen with a Hyrule Warriors 2); Impa could enter Smash as a unique fighter with loads of hi-tech magical gadgets, as Link does with his Remote Bombs. In fact, am pretty sure Impa would also have a Remote Bomb-like projectile as Link, but maybe utalised in a different ways. Compare that in your mind to how Villager and Isabella use the Loid Rockets.

Still really wished Impa to have been a Echo of Sheik in Ultimate, despite how bad

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Same here. Think it's cool that Zelda is actually playable alongside Link. That hasn't happened beyond Smash and Hyrule Warriors. Makes me more hopeful for Impa, because the way Zelda fights seems to resemble a bit of a mixture between Hyrule Warriors and Smash's versions of Zelda, being mostly a mage-like fighter who also uses her rapier for up close attacks. Couldn't help but notice that.

As I said before, the Sheikah theme is also back by the ways certain doors and other entries have been designed in that game. Could be a direct influence of Breath of the Wild, but I predicted that this would happen in 'future Zelda releases'. While I don't expect Impa or anything Sheikah-related to be included in say, Link of the Past for Switch, I do think that any new original Zelda game is gonna feature more Sheikah related elements. Zelda was always meant to be a sort of steampunk-medival like universe, and the Sheikah elements of Breath of the Wild gave them ways to incorperate such features more easily.

This is of course great, because Impa is always leader of the Sheikah. So if Impa would ever appear in Smash after being denied as a Echo Fighter or semi-clone of Sheik, or based around Hyrule Warriors (which could potentially happen with a Hyrule Warriors 2); Impa could enter Smash as a unique fighter with loads of hi-tech magical gadgets, as Link does with his Remote Bombs. In fact, am pretty sure Impa would also have a Remote Bomb-like projectile as Link, but maybe utalised in a different ways. Compare that in your mind to how Villager and Isabella use the Loid Rockets.

Still really wished Impa to have been a Echo of Sheik in Ultimate, despite how bad
it is always a shame to see such potential be ignored or go unnoticed

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm still sort of hoping for a Echo reveal of Impa. Just being a Sheik Echo with Link's Remote Bombs for Side B would already be great.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I'm still sort of hoping for a Echo reveal of Impa. Just being a Sheik Echo with Link's Remote Bombs for Side B would already be great.
well they believe there might be another two fighter passes so we may have to room for some more echoes

Top Bottom