• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sheikah Shrine; Impa's Spiritual home of Support & Speculation. Hear our voice Echo for a Echo Fighters Pass!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Strange indeed yes. I guess because they needed a character with the water element early, and it fits some of her story maps, like her mission on Death Mountain for example.

The Naginata would work insanely well for Smash as well. Yet I don't think the fire element is anything more fitting for Impa. Yet in terms of weaponry and how different it'll be to the rest of the cast, the Giant Blade still is quite different from Ike and Cloud's fighting styles. Impa uses far more diagonal slashes from the hips, jumping strikes, has way more speed and agility, would probably jump higher, and be far more of a lightweight lightning bruiser.

The Kunai Rain attack would make for a good Side B for example.
Her AAA combo can easily be taken from her standard Y combo of Hyrule Warriors
Up B a sort of Aether-like attack, y'know the jumping "strong attack"
Neutral B the water energy projectile, or replace it with something more akin to her Skyward Sword energy ball with the blue magic effects from BotW.
Down B could be somewhat like Bouncing Fish, but with her Giant Blade attached to her feet instead of doing a kick. A slower, but more powerful attack than Bouncing Fish.

That's just what I can easily envision in just a minute or so.
I'd like her Strong Attack (X) to become her dash attack. Her second Y+X combo, where she does a back flip using her weight to bring down the Giant Blade in front of her (whilst facing backwards herself) makes for a good F Tilt or F Smash.

The piledriver move? You mean that swirling aerial attack of hers? That would work well indeed! I thought of it as a N Air, but that Up B could work to and makes her a little different from Ike and Cloud indeed.

D Air is also easy to pull from Hyrule Warriors, it's her last combo attack, I think it's a strong attack where she pillars down the Giant Blade into the ground, making a sort of shockwave.

U Tilt could be that one kick of her victory animation, kind of similar to Ganondorf's current U Smash, but obviously faster and far less powerful. Sends her foes up straight upwards.

D Tilt could be the slide she finishes her regular combos with. This is kinda what Cloud also does however... Shouldn't really be all that much of a problem right?

AAA is what I said the regular YYY attack, with a rather strong finisher.

U Air is her strong attack in the air, not the Aether-like attack but how she swoops her sword upwards. Kinda only is one move in her move set in HW that does this.

D Smash could be where she slashes the ground, and make a burst of water come out of it, having prety good vertical knockback. It's her Weak Point Smash attack basically.

F Smash could be somewhat like Link's, where she does a double attack by first hitting opponents with her sword lightly, then follow up with a jumping attack where she attaches her sword to her feet. Second attack would be more powerful, and is rather fast as well but has some lag afterwards.

U Smash is where she swings her sword overhead, like she does with her Special attack (pressing A).

General stats:

Weight: Marth/ Lucina's
Running speed: Sheik's
Fall speed: Ike's
Air speed: Zero Suit Samus's
Traction: Cloud's
Air acceleration: Luigi's

Kinda think a moveset writes it's own here. Really not much which can go wrong.

And for the haters who keep on claiming there's no spin-off based moves in the game, Mega Man uses that one uppercut that was from a crossover game, so there's that. Am not knowledgable about Mega Man otherwise, so that's the only info I got about it. Besides, Hyrule Warriors did great on all systems, and is STILL doing great.
Double post, but I don't care... Here's the Impa moveset utalising the Giant Blade! Impa4Smash Impa4Smash

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Sweet! I’d like to check it out. The giant blade is probably more likely if HW Impa makes it in.

The naginata may steal from thunder from Bandanna Dee and his spear (who I think is pretty likely at this point)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
For the record, here's her Echo moveset :ultsheik:

Neutral B: Kunai Throw. A singular projectile of Impa throwing a single kunai with a similar animation to Sheik's Needle Storm. Simple but fast projectile that's good for zoning and dealign quick damage, and being a combo starter of sorts.

Side B: Deku Nut. Impa throws a Deku Nut that stuns enemies on impact. Does rather low damage, but great hitstun that allows for easy follow ups.

Alternative Side B: Magical Orb. Impa throws a magical orb attack similar to the one in a Skyward Sword cutscene that has a good blast range, and good damage, but is lacking in range. Can also be charged up slightly to increase range. Deals about 11~13%.

Up B: Vanish. Nothing different here.

Down B: Bouncing Fish, But Different ; Impa becomes invisible for this move, and can charge it up to gain power and a little distance. The attack is quite similar in concept to Meta Knight's Down B, and Greninja's Shadow Sneak, but with the animation of Sheik's Bouncing Fish.

I would also suggest Impa to be a little more power based than Sheik, and therefore a little slower as well. Think of a similar approach to say, Melee Fox and Falco, but with Impa being a little faster than Falco anyway. She also has slightly longer limbs, so that would mean Impa probably has a little more range to her attacks.
I also don't really think Bandana Dee is extremely likely, but he would be a cute addition anyway.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
There's something I just noticed which could mean nothing but I want to mention.

On the smash site every character's page has a stage in the background, Link has the great plateau, Sheik has gerudo valley, Ganondorf has the bridge of eldin, Toon Link has spirit train and Young Link has Great Bay. Of the confirmed returning stages that leaves just Hyrule Castle 64 and Skyloft. Could mean nothing but if Impa were to get in she'd surely use skyloft as her background.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Hi, you can count me in the support list!

I'll be honest: before the direct, Impa was almost a character I was against (because of, IMO, a lack of good moveset potential outside of HW, where she is essentially a Dynasty Warriors character, like Volga). But with echo fighters and the Zelda characters coming from various game, the idea sound more pleasing. There's maybe also the fact that I'm desperate for a Zelda newcomer like many Zelda fans x)

But yeah, I've always seen her as a potential clone for Sheik. So with echo characters acknowledged, she became one of the few I actually want (along Isabelle as a villager echo). If Mario can have three mustaches and an echo princess, I don't really see the problem with three links (that are further decloned) and a Sheik echo. Also Ganondorf have almost nothing in common with Falcon now, which is a good thing.

The best case scenario would be a Zelda newcomer and Impa as an echo for me, but I don't really get my hopes up. If we ever get one of these, I'll be happy, as much as I'm happy to see Young Link back.

Also if Impa actually become playable I'm expecting a mix between SS and the BotW sheikah clothing.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
If I'm not on the supporter list you can put me there, I've been in favor since smash 4.

I really want Impa in Smash Ultimate, allow me to explain some of the rationale behind my hope for the characters inclusion.

With the Legend of Zelda roster representing different games in the series, and the Echo Fighter concept being introduced, I feel the chances of Impa's inclusion are as good as they can get.

We don't have Skyward Sword representation on the LoZ roster, and it just so happens that one of Impa's most liked appearances is her Skyward Sword design. To Further that, Ghirahim is still an assist trophy, which would hypothetically be her biggest SS competitor. Furthermore Hyrule Warriors created a SS alt for Impa in Hyrule Warriors. If she has her SS design it's possible Impa could be included as an Echo Fighter of Sheik. The Final Smash of Sheik seems to be fairly fitting as opposed to sharing a Final Smash with Zelda.

There's also the possibility that Impa gets a design based on Hyrule Warriors.
The roster so far seems very Wii U era focused (likely based on development time of the game).
Hyrule Warriors was successful and popular on the Wii U and 3DS, and has since been ported to the Switch.
We have many things from the Wii U in Smash 5 so far, Star Fox Zero designs for Star Fox characters, BotW Link/ Sheik, Builder costume for Mario, Inkling being based on Splatoon 1 the list goes on.
Perhaps we'll see Hyrule Warrior's represented in Smash with the inclusion of Impa.

Ideally i'd love SS Impa and Hyrule Warriors rep to be Linkle.
One LoZ newcomer plus an echo doesn't seem too far fetched.
It would also increase the number of female fighters on the roster, if that's a consideration in Sakurai's mind.

Last edited:

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Double post, but I don't care... Here's the Impa moveset utalising the Giant Blade! Impa4Smash Impa4Smash
I like this move set quite a lot actually. Maybe we'll get lucky and she'll be a semi-clone. I could see some of these moves working if it were done minus the giant blade. Like the kick and the water projectiles (which could just come from her hand).

Also, Erotic&Heretic Erotic&Heretic , good thinking about the Skyloft and Hyrule Castle thing. It makes the most since for Impa's stage, given her roles in OoT and SS

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
That wasn't me though x) I think we can blame the ALBW Zelda hype and profile pictures for that.

But yeah, I also agree with the Hyrule 64 / Skyloft idea. This isn't much, as I don't believe each characters will have a real home stage (for example, Bowser do not have a Bowser Castle, and there is no Dr Mario stage. OoT Ganondorf is also on the TP stage), but technically, there's room for these two stages as character background, and they both fit Impa.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
That wasn't me though x) I think we can blame the ALBW Zelda hype and profile pictures for that.

But yeah, I also agree with the Hyrule 64 / Skyloft idea. This isn't much, as I don't believe each characters will have a real home stage (for example, Bowser do not have a Bowser Castle, and there is no Dr Mario stage. OoT Ganondorf is also on the TP stage), but technically, there's room for these two stages as character background, and they both fit Impa.
Oops, my bad lol. Good thinking MoonlitIllusion MoonlitIllusion . It might not mean anything, but the fact that the two stages so closely associated with the games young Impa has been in have yet to be revealed could mean something.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Impa is most most wanted Zelda character.

Here's hoping!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It's great how much support Impa has gathered over the years. Seen a lot of people support her on YouTube as well. And I do think it's mostly thanks to Hyrule Warriors, but there was Impa support far before her role in that game.

Was honestly a little dissapointed we got no info about a new Zelda game in this E3. But hopefully that will change with a new Direct or so. Zelda has had major releases in just about every year or so. Can't imagine they won't build off from the huge succes that was Breath of the Wild in the future.

That mentoin of the stages is a very good point however! I didn't even notice that myself! And it indeed bodes really well for Impa's chances, which where already great.

Also am playing Hyrule Warriors yet again, because I got the Definite Version for Switch. Love how this game looks in HD! Impa is already the highest level character of course :D

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
With the popularity of HW, I wonder if there’s a sequel in the works. If so, it could bode well for characters that aren’t Zelda, Link, or Ganondorf for future smash games (probably only Impa and Skull Kid for Ultimate).

I know HW isn’t canon but they are games and the popular one-offs and minor characters are playable in it

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
With the popularity of HW, I wonder if there’s a sequel in the works. If so, it could bode well for characters that aren’t Zelda, Link, or Ganondorf for future smash games (probably only Impa and Skull Kid for Ultimate).

I know HW isn’t canon but they are games and the popular one-offs and minor characters are playable in it
a squeal would be awesome though there are at least three other nintendo franchise id love to see get a warriors version

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

I don't think Hyrule Warriors is unimportant however. It really made a great comeback for characters that are hugely popular and important. Even Ganondorf hasn't appeared in a long time before the game. I see it basically as a testing ground for future Zelda games, and as a way to adress certain story-related stuff that was unused in previous Zelda games -the Great Wars for the Triforce for example as explained in A Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time. The more mallicious side of Midna, Ghirahim and how he would relate to a modern incarnation of Demise, Impa as the General / Captain of the soldiers of Hyrule and various styles of combat abilities, Impa and Sheik's relationship dynamics, Link starting of as a mere knight to Hyrule (which is a segment that sort of returns in Breath of the Wild; where Zelda mentions that Link is following his father's footsteps as a knight), playing as Ganondorf to conquer the Triforce (which many fans have stated over the years would be one of their favorite story lines for a potential Zelda game where we don't play as Link), even the meme 'Wat if Zelda WAS A GIRL!?!?!?!'... Think about it. Hyrule Warriors is far more than a mere Zelda fan service fighting game, it really did well to adress a lot of stuff that Zelda fans really wanted out of the franchise and wouldn't likely show up in any other major release for the franchise.

A sequel would be amazing. Yet I think it's better to wait a few years so that new Zelda games can be mixed into it's story line, possible new playable characters, and all that. However, using the same exact cast they could make a whole bunch of different stories. I think it would just be better to let things marinate for a little while. We've just only got the Switch version after all. Having it be ported 2 times and having a Fire Emblem Warriors is already a great thing for things to come in the future. With all this considered, I think it's more likely to have a Fire Emblem Warriors 2 before Hyrule Warriors, cause they missed a couple of legendary characters for FEW as Ike, Roy, Hector, Ephraim and the like.

Octorox

Smash Apprentice
Writing Team
I can definitely see Impa as an echo fighter for Shiek, but does the Sheikah tribe really need two representatives? There are so many corners of the Zelda series completely unexplored in smash. Not to rain on anyone's parade but personally, I'd rather have Skull Kid or even Tetra. I think Impa is more likely than either of those characters though to be honest.

TempahRelapse

Smash Journeyman
That's Zelda, not Shiek...
What was I thinking lol.

I can definitely see Impa as an echo fighter for Shiek, but does the Sheikah tribe really need two representatives? There are so many corners of the Zelda series completely unexplored in smash. Not to rain on anyone's parade but personally, I'd rather have Skull Kid or even Tetra. I think Impa is more likely than either of those characters though to be honest.
I think Impa has somewhat significance as she has returned in a lot of games, making her a staple character, and I'm not saying its a rule to how Sakurai picks characters. Personally I'd love to see Skull Kid, Midna and Tetra but I do think Impa really warrants a position in the roster, she has played some pretty significant roles in multiple Zelda games, with the others only appearing in one. And to be honest if it wasn't for Zelda's transforming mechanic in Melee, I wonder if Sheik would have been at the top of Sakurai's priorities.

But your right even a Rito oro Goron character would be cool as well, but I just don't see it happening really. The Champion's from BoTW didn't really feel like Link's pokemon, so we can't really have a "Link Trainer" as much as I would love that.

Last edited:

R.O.B.B.E.D

Smash Rookie
Impa's SS design is too cool to not have represented in this game. I don't like Hyrule Warriors so I hope they don't use that design and open up the gates of using HW concepts in Smash. Impa has a legacy and is a more important Sheikah than Sheik, while also being an easy addition to the roster as an echo.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Do we really need 3 characters that are Link?

Impa is a popular and well demanded character that would be relatively easy to implement in Smash Bros., and unlike any other candidate and even unlike some of the Zelda cast we've known and come to love through Smash.. Impa is a character with continous appearances in the Zelda franchise. Plus she has lots to work with, and outside of all other characters that are Link, Zelda or Ganon in essence, there isn't a character as important to the franchise as Impa is.

So there's your answer.

We literally need nobody in Smash any more after Sakurai brought back ALL the veterans, added just about THE most relevant new Nintendo character Inkling, and THE MOST requested character for Smash Bros. basically ever as Ridley (I still want K.Rool more honestly). Yet people want more. Let us want more.

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
I'm just here cuz I love Impa, hello hi. I voted for her in the Ballot (along with Dixie Kong from my work computer lul).

Pardon me if this has been hashed before, but I'm too lazy to read 9 pages, haha. I really hope that if they add Impa, she's not an Echo of Sheik. Obviously, I'd rather have her as an Echo than not have her at all, but looking at the Zelda Smash cast, adding Impa as an Echo would make half of the cast some sort of clone-ish character (Young Link, Toon Link, Ganondorf, Impa). There are a lot of cool things they can do with Impa to make her different, and I hope they see that.

pls give her the giant blade from hyrule warriors

That said, I also want her in her Skyward Sword or Hyrule Warriors look. I was never a fan of the OoT look-- too basic.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
I don't think Hyrule Warriors is unimportant however. It really made a great comeback for characters that are hugely popular and important. Even Ganondorf hasn't appeared in a long time before the game. I see it basically as a testing ground for future Zelda games, and as a way to adress certain story-related stuff that was unused in previous Zelda games -the Great Wars for the Triforce for example as explained in A Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time. The more mallicious side of Midna, Ghirahim and how he would relate to a modern incarnation of Demise, Impa as the General / Captain of the soldiers of Hyrule and various styles of combat abilities, Impa and Sheik's relationship dynamics, Link starting of as a mere knight to Hyrule (which is a segment that sort of returns in Breath of the Wild; where Zelda mentions that Link is following his father's footsteps as a knight), playing as Ganondorf to conquer the Triforce (which many fans have stated over the years would be one of their favorite story lines for a potential Zelda game where we don't play as Link), even the meme 'Wat if Zelda WAS A GIRL!?!?!?!'... Think about it. Hyrule Warriors is far more than a mere Zelda fan service fighting game, it really did well to adress a lot of stuff that Zelda fans really wanted out of the franchise and wouldn't likely show up in any other major release for the franchise.

A sequel would be amazing. Yet I think it's better to wait a few years so that new Zelda games can be mixed into it's story line, possible new playable characters, and all that. However, using the same exact cast they could make a whole bunch of different stories. I think it would just be better to let things marinate for a little while. We've just only got the Switch version after all. Having it be ported 2 times and having a Fire Emblem Warriors is already a great thing for things to come in the future. With all this considered, I think it's more likely to have a Fire Emblem Warriors 2 before Hyrule Warriors, cause they missed a couple of legendary characters for FEW as Ike, Roy, Hector, Ephraim and the like.
What was I thinking lol.

I think Impa has somewhat significance as she has returned in a lot of games, making her a staple character, and I'm not saying its a rule to how Sakurai picks characters. Personally I'd love to see Skull Kid, Midna and Tetra but I do think Impa really warrants a position in the roster, she has played some pretty significant roles in multiple Zelda games, with the others only appearing in one. And to be honest if it wasn't for Zelda's transforming mechanic in Melee, I wonder if Sheik would have been at the top of Sakurai's priorities.

But your right even a Rito oro Goron character would be cool as well, but I just don't see it happening really. The Champion's from BoTW didn't really feel like Link's pokemon, so we can't really have a "Link Trainer" as much as I would love that.
I just started playing through FE Warriors now and it is indeed very fun! I forgot how much I loved the Awakening cast, but yeah seeing characters from Path of Radiance and other games would be great for the sequel.

I think adding the champions in the next HW would be great, and some other BoTW characters like Sidon, Hestu, Kass, and Riju. Though maybe one more Zelda game (which is probably out in the next few years) to get more characters like you said

It would've been awesome if Link used the Champion's powers in his moveset - Revali's Gale as Up-B, Daruk's Protection as Shield, Urbosa's Fury as a smash attack, Mipha's Grace as...something lol. IMO, it would have been cool.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm just here cuz I love Impa, hello hi. I voted for her in the Ballot (along with Dixie Kong from my work computer lul).

Pardon me if this has been hashed before, but I'm too lazy to read 9 pages, haha. I really hope that if they add Impa, she's not an Echo of Sheik. Obviously, I'd rather have her as an Echo than not have her at all, but looking at the Zelda Smash cast, adding Impa as an Echo would make half of the cast some sort of clone-ish character (Young Link, Toon Link, Ganondorf, Impa). There are a lot of cool things they can do with Impa to make her different, and I hope they see that.

pls give her the giant blade from hyrule warriors

That said, I also want her in her Skyward Sword or Hyrule Warriors look. I was never a fan of the OoT look-- too basic.
Well that might be true, but if it fits it fits. If we count Zelda / Sheik as one character, Melee also had two clones and two unique characters. And so would Brawl by extention.

Since Young Link, Toon Link and Ganondorf aren't considered as Echoes, it shouldn't be a problem if Impa was one.

I much rather have her as unique as possible, but really, being a Echo of a potential Top Tier character with that cool new Final Smash really has it's merrits...

Klimax

Smash Ace
I'm in love with Impa's design in Hyrule Warriors and i think that the Zelda franchise really deserves more rep, so I really support Impa (i even voted for her a few times during the ballot).
Both niganata and giant sword could be awesome.

L2 Sentinel

Smash Apprentice
I consider Impa to be the fourth most important character to the Zelda franchise, and the fact that we don't have her yet is a tad bit disrespectful to Zelda, one of Nintendo's biggest IP's. The Zelda series has more to draw from than just multiple versions of Link, and I do hope Impa gets her chance. I'm not sure how strong her chances are, but she definitely has my support.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
The LoZ cast in smash has gotten a lot of love, I hope it continues with at least one or two more character additions!

I want Impa, Pig Ganon and the Champions. It'll never happen but I can dream can't I?

I would at least like a Goron and Zora to be represented.

Also I'd like it to be Skyward Sword Impa since that's her coolest design, and since Sakurai isn't sticking to one Zelda game's designs, I think now's the time to add her.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
We literally need nobody in Smash any more after Sakurai brought back ALL the veterans, added just about THE most relevant new Nintendo character Inkling, and THE MOST requested character for Smash Bros. basically ever as Ridley (I still want K.Rool more honestly). Yet people want more. Let us want more.
Exactly. Let us want more.

We will always want more.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Most people actually seem to agree that Impa is the number one most likely new Zelda character that could make the roster.

With all the different designs, it would be strange if they would not include a newcomer with a design from a unreprestened 3D Zelda game. In which Skyward Sword is the most likely to have any sort of new content. All other games have their mention, except for Twilight Princess but that was overrepped two times already.

Impa is in many ways the only logical choice if there was to be a single Zelda newcomer.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Most people actually seem to agree that Impa is the number one most likely new Zelda character that could make the roster.

With all the different designs, it would be strange if they would not include a newcomer with a design from a unreprestened 3D Zelda game. In which Skyward Sword is the most likely to have any sort of new content. All other games have their mention, except for Twilight Princess but that was overrepped two times already.

Impa is in many ways the only logical choice if there was to be a single Zelda newcomer.
to bad the smash team dont always pick to logical choice

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Considering all the one-shot characters are still going to be Assist Trophies again (RIP Midna and Ghirahim) and the Champions conflict with each other (Choosing just one of them would be an issue), she doesn't have too much to worry about.

Even I doubt Hyrule Warriors original characters like Lana or Linkle are likely without Tecmo's permission.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
to bad the smash team dont always pick to logical choice
Around Melee and Brawl there where some logical choices included. Fire Emblem has had logical additions. All the Zelda additions aside from Sheik have been logical. All Pokemon additions aside Jigglypuff are logical. Getting Diddy before King K.Rool and DK Jr. is very logical.. I don't really see the point. Aside from new franchise entries Sakurai has made the most obvious choice for quite a couple of franchises.
Considering all the one-shot characters are still going to be Assist Trophies again (RIP Midna and Ghirahim) and the Champions conflict with each other (Choosing just one of them would be an issue), she doesn't have too much to worry about.

Even I doubt Hyrule Warriors original characters like Lana or Linkle are likely without Tecmo's permission.
Lana and Linkle won't ever be seen again. Doubt they even would be included in a sequel, if we ever where to get one.

Impa really has little competition. There's Skull Kid, who's quite popular, but he was a Assist Trophy last time already. Tetra and Toon Zelda would just be another version of Zelda, Hilda is a popular idea for a Zelda Echo but that's literally all she could bring, Ganon is 2big and already represented with Ganondorf's Final Smash.. who's really left besides the Champions?

It's really Impa or bust at this moment. And that feels quite damn good.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Around Melee and Brawl there where some logical choices included. Fire Emblem has had logical additions. All the Zelda additions aside from Sheik have been logical. All Pokemon additions aside Jigglypuff are logical. Getting Diddy before King K.Rool and DK Jr. is very logical.. I don't really see the point. Aside from new franchise entries Sakurai has made the most obvious choice for quite a couple of franchises.

Lana and Linkle won't ever be seen again. Doubt they even would be included in a sequel, if we ever where to get one.
from everything ive read about smash the whole thing seems to boil down to "this character would be fun to fight as"

and why wouldnt they include linkle in a sequel? considering how popular she was before she was ever an actual character

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
from everything ive read about smash the whole thing seems to boil down to "this character would be fun to fight as"

and why wouldnt they include linkle in a sequel? considering how popular she was before she was ever an actual character
Well, Linkle could return. But Lana I think is impossible.

Anyway, Impa basically co-leads Hyrule Warriors with Link. At least the main quest. So she would make for the most logical fit regardless.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
So how does everyone think Impa will get revealed? Will she get her own trailer? A little video like Daisy (if she's an echo)? Will she be hidden in-game?

The dream for me would be a double Zelda reveal. Link and Zelda are fighting. The person they're fighting is revealed to be: newcomer Skull Kid. We get some footage of him. Then back to the cut scene and Impa shows up to join the fight (I'll take Sheik echo). Two Zelda newcomers would be amazing

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So how does everyone think Impa will get revealed? Will she get her own trailer? A little video like Daisy (if she's an echo)? Will she be hidden in-game?

The dream for me would be a double Zelda reveal. Link and Zelda are fighting. The person they're fighting is revealed to be: newcomer Skull Kid. We get some footage of him. Then back to the cut scene and Impa shows up to join the fight (I'll take Sheik echo). Two Zelda newcomers would be amazing
In any way or form, I'd hope that we get a Impa reveal coupled with a new Zelda game. And in terms of what I'd like to see for a trailer.. I just hope Impa jumps in whenever Zelda is attacked, probably by somebody as Ganondorf. Then proceeds to beat up Ganondorf togheter with Link and Zelda maybe. Then a couple of scenes togheter with Sheik to highlight some differences between them. I expect nothing grand, just hope to see her that's all.

Skull Kid will without a doubt be shown on the Great Bay stage however, fighting Young Link. That's already a perfect set up.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord

I agree with Diddy Kong. Zelda is probably surrounded by enemies like Ganondorf, Bowser, and/or Ridley and then out from the top of the screen or teleports in Impa appears and does either a down smash or special attach sends them all flying. After Zelda and Impa do a taunt the title card appears. Then Zelda jumps out of the screen and then Sheik drops in and they move. From there they show the difference between Sheik and Impa in almost a training montage style.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Or Link can get tossed around before Zelda is seemingly in a helpless state, and then Impa pops up and shows off her moveset and all.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I would love for Impa to get in this game (specifically her Hyrule Warriors design). To be honest, I can't really be considered a "true" Impa fan since I never cared about her until Skyward Sword. I always found her Ocarina of Time design to be a bit lame. I have been on a huge Hyrule Warriors binge lately and Impa is my favorite character. Her design in that game is one of my favorite of all video game characters.

I've seen a lot of people suggest that she should be an echo of Sheik, but I feel she has a lot more to offer than that. Either of her movesets in Hyrule Warriors would stand out and offer something unique to Smash. Her greatsword would make her one of the few water elemental characters in the game and she has a very distinct style compared to Ike or Cloud. If she used her naginata, she would be the only polearm user in the game aside from Palutena (and Bandana Dee if he gets in). Worst case scenario, I would still be happy and accept her as an echo of Sheik.

Top Bottom