• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sheikah Shrine; Impa's Spiritual home of Support & Speculation. Hear our voice Echo for a Echo Fighters Pass!

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
So on the Super Smash Bros. Facebook page I made a comment about me wanting Impa over Skullkid. Most of the replies are mostly negative or trollish but the like icon are as followed,

Angry: 14
Love: 7
Laughs: 4
Wow: 1

I think the biggest issue with Impa seems to be that she's well....lurking in the shadows. Most casual fans do not know/care about her importance in the Zelda universe. Its sad but that's just what I'm seeing.
I liked how she had a much bigger role in Hyrule Warriors. I mean, hey she’s supposed to be Zelda’s protector. What the hell is she doing the whole time?

KurouKamen

Smash Cadet
Honestly, Impa should’ve been in for a long time. Her and Tingle are the only recurring Zelda reps left. She has made so many appearances and could easily be pretty unique with all her material. Honestly Shiek should be cut in favor of Impa since Shiek was only added to make Zelda unique, but as a seperate fighter Sheik’s existence is redundant and makes little sense.

I honestly don’t understand Smash’s community, how is a Skull Kid wearing Majora’s Mask somehow more important than a recurring Zelda character who has actually has more than one relevant appearance and plenty of potential.

KurouKamen

Smash Cadet
Also

Impa has appeared in

The Legend of Zelda
The Adventure of Link
Ocarina of Time
Oracle of Ages
Oracle of Seasons
Skyward Sword
A Link Between Worlds
Breath of the Wild

For the first game she was mentioned in the manual only, but even still, she has been around since thr first game AND most recent game. Why would Skull Kid get in before her, even Tingle is more important than Skull Kid as Tingle has had spinoffs under his name and appeared more than once.

I am not even counting Hyrule Warriors by the way.

People who detract Impa and Tingle yet support Skull Kid have no leg to stand on other than muh popularity, even though as we have seen, not every character in Ultimate is gonna be a K Rool or Ridley, and keep in mind those two characters are MAIN VILLAINS of their respective franchises. Ridley it is more debatable of main villain but he is extremely reoccuring and is a main villain many times. Skull Kid is not anywhere near Ganon’s status.

Last edited:

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, Impa should’ve been in for a long time. Her and Tingle are the only recurring Zelda reps left. She has made so many appearances and could easily be pretty unique with all her material. Honestly Shiek should be cut in favor of Impa since Shiek was only added to make Zelda unique, but as a seperate fighter Sheik’s existence is redundant and makes little sense.

I honestly don’t understand Smash’s community, how is a Skull Kid wearing Majora’s Mask somehow more important than a recurring Zelda character who has actually has more than one relevant appearance and plenty of potential.
I have never liked the fanrule that only recurring zelda characters should be put in. Maybe people want Skull Kid cause we like the character, and to be fair he was relevant in 2015 when the game was being planned.
Let me be clear I fully understand your point, Impa should probably be put in before him, however people just want him more.

Last edited:

KurouKamen

Smash Cadet
I have never liked the fanrule that only recurring zelda characters should be put in. Maybe people want Skull Kid cause we like the character, and to be fair he was relevant in 2015 when the game was being planned.
Everything is a fanrule tbh, but people know Smash characters take alot of dev time and don’t really like it when characters get in due to just popularity and not importance to the franchise as well. Also a remake hardly makes you anymore “relevant”,look at K rool, he wasn’t “relevant” but he is undeniably extremely important to DKC, appearing as the main villain for 9 different dk games and spin offs like Super Sluggers.

Also Impa has always been relevant, and if Majora’s Mask 3D makes Skull Kid more relevant it makes Tingle relevant agan too, even if Tingle has much better credentials and more appearances than Skull Kid.

I’m not saying he can’t get in, like characters like Palutena and Bayonetta etc got in, it is just that Skull Kid isn’t as deserving as other Zelda characters. Does that mean he would be the first one off in smash? Not at all, there are plenty already in.

Feel free to agree to disagree.

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
Everything is a fanrule tbh, but people know Smash characters take alot of dev time and don’t really like it when characters get in due to just popularity and not importance to the franchise as well. Also a remake hardly makes you anymore “relevant”,look at K rool, he wasn’t “relevant” but he is undeniably extremely important to DKC, appearing as the main villain for 9 different dk games and spin offs like Super Sluggers.

Also Impa has always been relevant, and if Majora’s Mask 3D makes Skull Kid more relevant it makes Tingle relevant agan too, even if Tingle has much better credentials and more appearances than Skull Kid.

I’m not saying he can’t get in, like characters like Palutena and Bayonetta etc got in, it is just that Skull Kid isn’t as deserving as other Zelda characters. Does that mean he would be the first one off in smash? Not at all, there are plenty already in.

Feel free to agree to disagree.
I completely understand your point and I actually do agree to some extent, however Skull Kid with the Majoras Mask might actually be more recognizable to a causal fan than Impa, keep in mind, I'm not getting this from like statistic or anything, this is honestly more of a hunch and a accumulation of previous experiences.

Last edited:

KurouKamen

Smash Cadet
I completely understand your point and I actually do agree to some extent, however Skull Kid with the Majoras Mask might actually be more recognizable to a causal fan than Impa, keep in mind, I'm not getting this from like statistic or anything, this is honestly more of a hunch and a accumulation of previous experiences.
I mean unless said casual fan follows the smash community they wouldn’t really. Any person who has played a single Zelda game most likely has seen Impa and or Tingle before Skull Kid unless their first game is Majora’s Mask, but like not even Ganon is in Majora’s Mask.

Think about Mother, nobody knew about the franchise before smash, and nobody wanted Lucas for Brawl, but after their introductions it became beloved and relatively popular. Same for Snake, Metal Gear Solid is decently big but mostly for a mature audience and on Sony consoles with barely any Nintendo games, he wasn’t want at all for Brawl but for 4 he was wanted heavily after his introduction in Brawl.

Though those examples make a bit less sense since Skull Kid hasn’t been revealed as playable as of now, but a comparison can kinda stand. Like Richter Belmont was kinda obscure within the CV community even until after his reveal he got tons of recognition.

Tingle has been in previous smash games though and Impa it is really hard to pick a Zelda game without her in any form as your first game.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Also

Impa has appeared in

The Legend of Zelda
The Adventure of Link
Ocarina of Time
Oracle of Ages
Oracle of Seasons
Skyward Sword
A Link Between Worlds
Breath of the Wild

For the first game she was mentioned in the manual only, but even still, she has been around since thr first game AND most recent game. Why would Skull Kid get in before her, even Tingle is more important than Skull Kid as Tingle has had spinoffs under his name and appeared more than once.

People who detract Impa and Tingle yet support Skull Kid have no leg to stand on other than muh popularity, even though as we have seen, not every character in Ultimate is gonna be a K Rool or Ridley, and keep in mind those two characters are MAIN VILLAINS of their respective franchises. Ridley it is more debatable of main villain but he is extremely reoccuring and is a main villain many times. Skull Kid is not anywhere near Ganon’s status.
k.rool and ridley got because of popularity from the ballot which is why the skull kid fans are optimistic because hes popular so hed have done well on the ballot so skull kid would get in because he did better on the ballot

skull kid may not have the presence of ganon but that has never mattered to smash

also you forgot epona and beedle when it came to regularly recurring characters

KurouKamen

Smash Cadet
k.rool and ridley got because of popularity from the ballot which is why the skull kid fans are optimistic because hes popular so hed have done well on the ballot so skull kid would get in because he did better on the ballot

skull kid may not have the presence of ganon but that has never mattered to smash

also you forgot epona and beedle when it came to regularly recurring characters
My two points

1 I never said Skull Kid not ever making it in and have acknowledged one off characters getting in already

2 Not every character in Ultimate is a Ridley or K Rool (aka got in due to ballot popularity) Even still, Ridley and Rool are basically Ganons to their respective franchises

Also using npcs like epona and beedle isn’t gonna strengthen your point, Impa has had significant roles in almost all her appearances while being since the first game and Tingle has his own dedicated franchise in addition to multiple appearances. Skull Kid only has his appearance in Majora’s Mask and Hyrule Warriors (which isn’t special, like even Ravio is playable, no hate to him though).

Do not accuse me of strawmans please because I disagree with you on Skull Kid’s importance. Thank you for your time.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
My two points

1 I never said Skull Kid not ever making it in and have acknowledged one off characters getting in already

2 Not every character in Ultimate is a Ridley or K Rool (aka got in due to ballot popularity) Even still, Ridley and Rool are basically Ganons to their respective franchises

Also using npcs like epona and beedle isn’t gonna strengthen your point, Impa has had significant roles in almost all her appearances while being since the first game and Tingle has his own dedicated franchise in addition to multiple appearances. Skull Kid only has his appearance in Majora’s Mask and Hyrule Warriors (which isn’t special, like even Ravio is playable, no hate to him though).

Do not accuse me of strawmans please because I disagree with you on Skull Kid’s importance. Thank you for your time.
i never said anything about skullkid's importance i was explaining to you why people were expecting skull kid not why he should be in, i have never doubted impa's importance in the series if you through this thread you will fins my a strong advocate for her

i wasnt using epona and beedle to strengthen my point i was pointing out there were more recurring characters than you were acknowledging

skull kid has appeared in three games not counting HW

dont accuses me of accusations i never made

Last edited:

KurouKamen

Smash Cadet
i never said anything about skullkid's importance i was explaining to you why people were expecting skull kid not why he should be in, i have never doubted impa's importance in the series if you through this thread you will fins my a strong advocate for her

i wasnt using epona and beedle to strengthen my point i was pointing out there were more recurring characters than you were acknowledging

skull kid has appeared in three games not counting HW

dont accuses me of accusations i never made
The Skull Kid wanted for Smash is a specific one of the species wearing the Majora’s Mask, he has appeared in just MM and HW.

Using a horse and merchant character compared to a Shekiah guardian and character who stars in his own franchise of games very much implies a derogatory comparison.

I know full and well why people are expecting Skull Kid but I have said time and again not everyone in Ultimate is gonna get in due to sheer popularity alone. Not every newcomer is gonna be Ridley and K Rool levels of popularity.

He may appear but honestly I have doubts like how people were saying Wolf would return in 4. And this isn’t just against Skull Kid but alot of other popular characters including some I even want.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Agreed, I really wish we saw a young botw Impa, as the botw styled sheikahs have had my favorite designs, it would've been cool if you could've had impa as like a wolf link partner who helped you on your journey.
It's just weird how she isn't included in any of the memory scenes of Link, even if Impa clearly states that she and Link knew each other well before he got his ass beaten by the Guardians. It's seriously my biggest pet peeve about BotW's story.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
The Skull Kid wanted for Smash is a specific one of the species wearing the Majora’s Mask, he has appeared in just MM and HW.

Using a horse and merchant character compared to a Shekiah guardian and character who stars in his own franchise of games very much implies a derogatory comparison.

I know full and well why people are expecting Skull Kid but I have said time and again not everyone in Ultimate is gonna get in due to sheer popularity alone. Not every newcomer is gonna be Ridley and K Rool levels of popularity.

He may appear but honestly I have doubts like how people were saying Wolf would return in 4. And this isn’t just against Skull Kid but alot of other popular characters including some I even want.
the skull kid you give the skull mask too and the one you fight in tp are implied to be the same one from mm

im not comparing epona and beedle to impa i said there were more recurring characters than you listed as you said the only other ones were impa and tingle

i was trying to explain why people expect skull kid a pointing out that are more recurring characters than you listed

KurouKamen

Smash Cadet
the skull kid you give the skull mask too and the one you fight in tp are implied to be the same one from mm

im not comparing epona and beedle to impa i said there were more recurring characters than you listed as you said the only other ones were impa and tingle

i was trying to explain why people expect skull kid a pointing out that are more recurring characters than you listed
I forgot about that sq, but even still it is a big stretch considering he is a generic skull kid in OoT.

Comparing Impa and Tingle though to Epona and Beedle is like comparing them to like Toad and the block dude who sells stuff in the later Mario and Luigi games.

The TP one is way too much of a stretch though.

We are grasping at straws, my understanding of Skull Kid being popular is he is the first non ganon protagonist in a 3D Zelda and Majora’s Mask has a cult following.

Even still I expect many other popular characters to not appear in Ultimate seeing the current direction of reveals.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I forgot about that sq, but even still it is a big stretch considering he is a generic skull kid in OoT.

Comparing Impa and Tingle though to Epona and Beedle is like comparing them to like Toad and the block dude who sells stuff in the later Mario and Luigi games.

The TP one is way too much of a stretch though.

We are grasping at straws, my understanding of Skull Kid being popular is he is the first non ganon protagonist in a 3D Zelda and Majora’s Mask has a cult following.

Even still I expect many other popular characters to not appear in Ultimate seeing the current direction of reveals.
im NOT comparing epona and beedle to impa how many times do i need to tell you that, dont bring toad into this

im not grasping at straws i was just trying to explain to you why people were expecting him because you seem confused as to why people were expecting him

Teeb147

Smash Legend
IMpaaaA

.. still wondering which weapon she'd have if she's not an echo :)

Last edited:

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
IMpaaaA

I'm personally hoping for the naginata, I still think the giant sword is cool, but the naginata fits the Sheikah better in my opinion.

NineS

Smash Lord
As a supporter of both, I think I can play devil's advocate here.

Skull Kid himself as well as Majora's Mask is important, but not as important as Impa. However, despite this, Skull Kid and Majora's Mask are far more recognizable and popular. Saying otherwise would be flat-out wrong. Majora's Mask has become as recognizable as, if not, even more than, the Sheikah Symbol, and the Triforce itself.

I wouldn't say to cut Sheik either, as that would ruin the point of "Everyone is Here", and Sheik is already a beloved well-known Smash Veteran. Cutting Sheik would likely be similar to cutting someone like Captain Falcon, etc. Sheik wasn't necessarily there to make Zelda more unique, as we can only assume why Sheik was added in the first place. It's far safer to assume the reason Sheik was added in the first place is the same reason as Young Link; both came from game(s) that were immensely popular and beloved, and have become a memorable part of the franchise.

There's also a difference between a Skull Kid, and the Skull Kid. In a similar vein, there's also a difference between each and every Impa there are. Granted, there's not a "race" of Impas in the way there are a race of Skull Kids. The argument against skull kid could be used against all the pokemon, rendering it somewhat useless. Skull Kid has technically had 2 relevant appearances, 3 counting Crossbow Training (but let's be honest, who is?)

Also

Impa has appeared in

The Legend of Zelda
The Adventure of Link
Ocarina of Time
Oracle of Ages
Oracle of Seasons
Skyward Sword
A Link Between Worlds
Breath of the Wild

First off, Ridley is definitely the villain. He's the reason why Samus is who she is.
Tingle himself isn't more important than Skull Kid, and I'm not sure if he's more or less popular than him. Certainly in Japan, Tingle surpasses all of them.
Maturity in a franchise definitely helps say if she's important though, and she's certainly one of the most important characters in the franchise.

Though, if you want to get technical, Ganondorf has not been around nearly as long as Impa, and he wasn't even in the most recent game. Ganon was. Technical differences. Ganondorf has been around as long as Skull Kid, and has had just as many Zelda appearances as Skull Kid's and Majora's Mask's combined, I believe.

Same here, and Skull Kid (The Skull Kid, anyway,) is definitely the most recognizable Zelda character to anyone in and out of the franchise, behind Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, and maybe Tingle.

Let me make it clear: I want Impa in Smash. I also want Skull Kid in Smash, and I even want Tingle in Smash. The best outcome for me is both. Impa being potentially the easiest as an Echo, and Skull kid being a unique fighter. I doubt Tingle will get in though, unless we get the scammy Wind Waker Tingle.

Some points against Skull Kid however are: This game's newcomers are influenced by who people voted for on the ballot.
Seeing as he was the first, I believe, assist trophy shown for smash 4, he was most likely on no one's mind Smash-wise for that.
However, Skull Kid himself is immensely popular, and was relevant as well at the time of the ballot, as well as around the time Sakurai was choosing newcomers for the game.

I still hope Impa manages to slip into the game somehow, though. If not base game, then DLC.

Last edited:

KurouKamen

Smash Cadet
As a supporter of both, I think I can play devil's advocate here.

Skull Kid himself as well as Majora's Mask is important, but not as important as Impa. However, despite this, Skull Kid and Majora's Mask are far more recognizable and popular. Saying otherwise would be flat-out wrong. Majora's Mask has become as recognizable as, if not, even more than, the Sheikah Symbol, and the Triforce itself.

I wouldn't say to cut Sheik either, as that would ruin the point of "Everyone is Here", and Sheik is already a beloved well-known Smash Veteran. Cutting Sheik would likely be similar to cutting someone like Captain Falcon, etc. Sheik wasn't necessarily there to make Zelda more unique, as we can only assume why Sheik was added in the first place. It's far safer to assume the reason Sheik was added in the first place is the same reason as Young Link; both came from game(s) that were immensely popular and beloved, and have become a memorable part of the franchise.

There's also a difference between a Skull Kid, and the Skull Kid. In a similar vein, there's also a difference between each and every Impa there are. Granted, there's not a "race" of Impas in the way there are a race of Skull Kids. The argument against skull kid could be used against all the pokemon, rendering it somewhat useless. Skull Kid has technically had 2 relevant appearances, 3 counting Crossbow Training (but let's be honest, who is?)

First off, Ridley is definitely the villain. He's the reason why Samus is who she is.
Tingle himself isn't more important than Skull Kid, and I'm not sure if he's more or less popular than him. Certainly in Japan, Tingle surpasses all of them.
Maturity in a franchise definitely helps say if she's important though, and she's certainly one of the most important characters in the franchise.

Though, if you want to get technical, Ganondorf has not been around nearly as long as Impa, and he wasn't even in the most recent game. Ganon was. Technical differences. Ganondorf has been around as long as Skull Kid, and has had just as many Zelda appearances as Skull Kid's and Majora's Mask's combined, I believe.

Same here, and Skull Kid (The Skull Kid, anyway,) is definitely the most recognizable Zelda character to anyone in and out of the franchise, behind Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, and maybe Tingle.

Let me make it clear: I want Impa in Smash. I also want Skull Kid in Smash, and I even want Tingle in Smash. The best outcome for me is both. Impa being potentially the easiest as an Echo, and Skull kid being a unique fighter. I doubt Tingle will get in though, unless we get the scammy Wind Waker Tingle.

Some points against Skull Kid however are: This game's newcomers are influenced by who people voted for on the ballot.
Seeing as he was the first, I believe, assist trophy shown for smash 4, he was most likely on no one's mind Smash-wise for that.
However, Skull Kid himself is immensely popular, and was relevant as well at the time of the ballot, as well as around the time Sakurai was choosing newcomers for the game.

I still hope Impa manages to slip into the game somehow, though. If not base game, then DLC.
Fair enough

Though I still want to contest Skull Kid being well known to casuals, most casual fans I know know Tingle and Impa, they do know Majora’s Mask but not much outside of if like Skull Kid.

As for Impa not being the same each game, same applies to the Links and Zeldas.

As for Ganondorf’s technicality, he has still appeared in more games than Skull Kid and is of course the Gerudo form of Ganon.

Still your points are well made.

Also as for cutting Shiek I mean future installements. Or at least merge her back with Zelda because it doesn’t feel right having Sheik as a seperate playable.

Last edited:

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Real talk, Skull Kid doesn't effect Impa's chances and vice-versa, since the former would 100% be unique, and the latter would (for better or worse) 99% be an echo. Let us come together as one and get both of them in.

Not that I know how to get them in, so I'm open to suggestions

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
IMpaaaA

The naginata style is more popular all over, and it’s not unlike Sakurai to pick that option simply because it’s more unique. He’s done that before. Echo or not though, I still would kind of like Impa sharing the same Final Smash as Sheik,because her new FS looks awesome and it fits Impa as well.

Anyway, no reason to hate on Skull Kid, his supporters or anything. Zelda is in a situation much similar to Donkey Kong, it’s one of the most popular and successful Nintendo franchises that desperately needs new characters. DKC still needs Dixie, and she can easily be unique, which is not very unlike our situation with Impa. The difference here is that we haven’t had a newcomer for Zelda yet, and that’s all the more reason to support both honestly.

Besides, Echo kind of IS our biggest bet at this current moment ... Let’s just be realistic about that. Even a semi clone situation like Isabelle is more likely than having Impa unique unfortunately.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
The naginata style is more popular all over, and it’s not unlike Sakurai to pick that option simply because it’s more unique. He’s done that before. Echo or not though, I still would kind of like Impa sharing the same Final Smash as Sheik,because her new FS looks awesome and it fits Impa as well.

Anyway, no reason to hate on Skull Kid, his supporters or anything. Zelda is in a situation much similar to Donkey Kong, it’s one of the most popular and successful Nintendo franchises that desperately needs new characters. DKC still needs Dixie, and she can easily be unique, which is not very unlike our situation with Impa. The difference here is that we haven’t had a newcomer for Zelda yet, and that’s all the more reason to support both honestly.

Besides, Echo kind of IS our biggest bet at this current moment ... Let’s just be realistic about that. Even a semi clone situation like Isabelle is more likely than having Impa unique unfortunately.
Half-clone would be fine with me, especially if they could fuse a few character options, so to have some sheik stuff, some Ike/cloud stuff, and maybe add some unique stuff, maybe even naginata. It could be standalone as a weapon, but it'd be easier to just have a few attacks with it, and the rest could take from other fighters to save time. Just an idea :)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Half-clone would be fine with me, especially if they could fuse a few character options, so to have some sheik stuff, some Ike/cloud stuff, and maybe add some unique stuff, maybe even naginata. It could be standalone as a weapon, but it'd be easier to just have a few attacks with it, and the rest could take from other fighters to save time. Just an idea :)
I think that would be ideal indeed! And with how much Hyrule Warriors sold, it seems quite a possibility. Am also quite sure that Impa is gonna be a mainstay in the Zelda franchise after being included in all the new Zelda games after Skyward Sword, even if it's as a old lady. Maybe old Impa will be the more common Impa we encounter, and sometimes mix things up with a younger Impa, much like how they used to switch between Ganon and Ganondorf.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I've been pushing for Impa since last game. I don't know how likely she would be for base roster, but DLC would be perfect for her. Impa is really cool though either way I think she deserves to be in Ultimate.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I've been pushing for Impa since last game. I don't know how likely she would be for base roster, but DLC would be perfect for her. Impa is really cool though either way I think she deserves to be in Ultimate.
We could be lucky, and she would be included as a last minute Echo. But I don't think of that as too likely now, it's been way too quiet. But yes, DLC seems likely for her, maybe we need to vote again in a second ballot or so? I also was actively pushing for Impa to make it in the last game, basically kind of started the support for her around these parts. Am very pleased to see her enjoying way more popularity right now.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
0E69D8FF-F5E7-4B8B-A01C-81F48B3ECBB2.png

Look, 4chan also loves Impa and our cause <3 I literally never post there, but I lurk there one time and see a Impa thread.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
why cant people support a character without putting another one down? people putting skull kid down in favour of impa is no better than putting impa down in favour skull kid

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
why cant people support a character without putting another one down? people putting skull kid down in favour of impa is no better than putting impa down in favour skull kid
I choose to ignore that stuff, because of the overall nature of 4chan. Can't expect better from them. Anyway, thought it was cool to see this as the only thread about potential Smash Ultimate newcomers.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I choose to ignore that stuff, because of the overall nature of 4chan. Can't expect better from them. Anyway, thought it was cool to see this as the only thread about potential Smash Ultimate newcomers.
yeah ive heard nothing but bad about 4chan too

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
yeah ive heard nothing but bad about 4chan too
It's still cool to have a Impa thread there, while there was literally no other character thread at that moment. It shows she got loyal fans, even if most came from Hyrule Warriors, the game that gave her the role she should've gotten in Breath of the Wild.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
It's still cool to have a Impa thread there, while there was literally no other character thread at that moment. It shows she got loyal fans, even if most came from Hyrule Warriors, the game that gave her the role she should've gotten in Breath of the Wild.
yeah having more supporters for impa can only help us

unless sakurai decides on an inverse popularity character selection system once hes done with ballot choices but what are the odds of that happening

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
yeah having more supporters for impa can only help us

unless sakurai decides on an inverse popularity character selection system once hes done with ballot choices but what are the odds of that happening
Not great. Still, am curious for what’s down with what seems the final reveal, probably next month or so. The game will be released shortly, and honestly, there aren’t that many new Echoes as of yet... I still think Impa has quite a great shot at making it. Zelda desperately needs it’s most prominent potential newcomer, which would be our character here.

Isaac4SmashUltimate

Smash Apprentice
I'm in! I support Impa from the LoZ franchise/series. I don't mind if she's an echo or unique as long as she's playable and gives LoZ another rep. Even Vaati, Tingle, Toon Zelda/Tetra and Toon Ganondorf would work as well.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
While I wouldn't be exactly opposed to having a Wind Waker Ganondorf as a Ganondorf Echo, I still think Impa is easily the better choice for a overall newcomer for a Zelda character. It just sucks that she doesn't have a good backing role in Breath of the Wild, while they easily could've implemented her (her role kind of got upsurped by Urbosa in a way) as say, the Sheikah Champion, or at least have her show up in the memories as younger.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I would like a new Zelda character that isn't a different Link, I support.
See how easy it can be? Good to have you. If I wasn't too lazy to update the supporters list, like from at least half of this thread, you would've been added.

Btw, Wurmple >>>>>> Weedle.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Dawn of the last day folks. Are we still hopeful out there? I still believe that Impa has a solid chance to be included, if not as a DLC character wether it’s unique or as a Echo.

Top Bottom