• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sheikah Shrine; Impa's Spiritual home of Support & Speculation. Hear our voice Echo for a Echo Fighters Pass!

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I'm not really trying to compare them, I'm just saying that people that we couldn't have one Arms character and thought we needed one with multiple as alts a la Hero yet we got Min Min alone. People think it's not possible we could just get one of the Champions.
not really. Most people seemed to thing we could have just one arms character. The idea of them all being alts didn’t come until after we were told we’d get one

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
not really. Most people seemed to thing we could have just one arms character. The idea of them all being alts didn’t come until after we were told we’d get one
We were never told we would get one until Min Min was revealed. And people including myself talked about the Hero scenario before Min Min.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
what are you talking about? We were told months in advance we were getting an arms character
Are you trolling me? I said after they announce we were getting a Arms character people thought we were getting a Hero scenario with Spring Man as the default and some of the other Arms characters as alts.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Are you trolling me? I said after they announce we were getting a Arms character people thought we were getting a Hero scenario with Spring Man as the default and some of the other Arms characters as alts.
oh I misunderstood I thought you meant we were never told we were getting an arms character until min min not one with no alts

but like I said one character on their own was the more common idea

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
oh I misunderstood I thought you meant we were never told we were getting an arms character until min min not one with no alts

but like I said one character on their own was the more common idea
Actually, the idea of the Hero scenario for Arms was a common thought. Check out some of the old posts before Min Min's announcement including mine:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Actually, the idea of the Hero scenario for Arms was a common thought. Check out some of the old posts before Min Min's announcement including mine:

alright so I didn’t remember stuff from a year ago to well

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I don't really think Min Min can be compared to the situation of the Champions honestly. I mean, it was the very first time the franchise of the character got revealed before the actual character Min Min. That's because, well, we already knew what to expect. Expand arms: the character. A long ranged brawler. All the Champions have distinctive different abilities, moreso than the Dragon Quest Heroes also.

Based on that, I compared their situation more with the starter Pokemon as Greninja and Incineroar.

I still want Impa more tho.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
New Expansion Pass content announced.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845

Would be neat to see Impa get another weapon. I'm not sure what it would be, though.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

I feel like I’ve seen that somewhere before

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Would be neat to see Impa get another weapon. I'm not sure what it would be, though.
I'm thinking that she will have new weapons that are comparable to her old fighting styles with the Giant Blade and Naginata. I especially think the Naginata is likely, but both styles easily fit within the weapon types common in Breath of the Wild. I doubt they'll use the water and fire elements for these styles though.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Lots of SS tweets from Nintendo.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So Monday is the Nintendo E3 presentation, it's a 99% given that the sequel to BotW will be shown. Do you guys expect Impa in this game or not ? And if yes, in what sort of way?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
So Monday is the Nintendo E3 presentation, it's a 99% given that the sequel to BotW will be shown. Do you guys expect Impa in this game or not ? And if yes, in what sort of way?
id says its 50/50 that botw2 would be there but i think its highly likely impa will be back. after all when describing the game the implied it would be set in the same version of hyrule

Lenidem

Smash Lord
This morning I finally got my hands on the Age of Calamity spirits! I was worried because they didn't show sooner, I knew I missed the event but I was not sure when or if they would show up. Well, they did at last.

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
I wish they showed more in the trailer. No new characters and it appears (at the moment) Zelda might not be playable nor work as a companion.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I feel if Impa doesn't make it now, she will be one of the front runners for Smash 6 alongside another Zelda rep (probably a BOTW character)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
With the Sheikah Slate abilities being back, the game will have a Sheikah based theme yet again. And we have Skyward Sword influences with the sky world and all. Honestly, this is pretty damn good.

They paid attention to Skyward Sword, improved on it even. I always felt that they should take more elements from SS. Now I kind of hope they bring back combat mechanics of Twilight Princess too.

Pretty sure Impa will appear again too, albeit old. But, I think the game MIGHT have some time traveling mechanics, as that would make a lot of sense in forever eliminating the Calamity, and truly bring back the Hyrule where Link and Zelda lived , 100 years prior BotW. This is pure speculation however... But it's fun to do.

The game looks amazing. I kind of hope they will make a prequel to Skyward Sword using this game as a base. That would be completely badass.

Top Bottom