• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sheikah Shrine; Impa's Spiritual home of Support & Speculation. Hear our voice Echo for a Echo Fighters Pass!

Arsh99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Arsh99

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Happy Women's Day!

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Just was watching a Super Nintendo World video (Theme Park); It's unfortunately all Mario. However, if they were to add Legend of Zelda; what would you want to see?

I'd like to see the Great Deku Tree (OoT or BotW) as a shop or something. Maybe Deku Scrubs as animatronics (basically the Lost Woods). Hyrule Castle of course (Twilight Princess version?). Tingle could get his own store. While I'd love to see the Twilight Realm in some way I don't think it'd be possible. The Temple of Time (OoT) obviously. Lon Lon Ranch? It could be a restaurant. Clock Town Tower? The Moon would be impossible. There is just so many possibilities.

I'd like to see all 6 Sages from OoT (in costume) or the 4 Champions (in costume). Along with Link, Zelda and Ganondorf.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Just was watching a Super Nintendo World video (Theme Park); It's unfortunately all Mario. However, if they were to add Legend of Zelda; what would you want to see?

I'd like to see the Great Deku Tree (OoT or BotW) as a shop or something. Maybe Deku Scrubs as animatronics (basically the Lost Woods). Hyrule Castle of course (Twilight Princess version?). Tingle could get his own store. While I'd love to see the Twilight Realm in some way I don't think it'd be possible. The Temple of Time (OoT) obviously. Lon Lon Ranch? It could be a restaurant. Clock Town Tower? The Moon would be impossible. There is just so many possibilities.

I'd like to see all 6 Sages from OoT (in costume) or the 4 Champions (in costume). Along with Link, Zelda and Ganondorf.
Lon Lon Milk[shakes?] at the Lon Lon Restaurant please.

Lon Lon Milk | Nintendo | Fandom

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

everything and anything

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
What about rides? What rides would you like to see?
Epona merry go rounds.

Not really serious. I could see a haunted house sort of construction, based on dungeons that are creepy like the Shadow Temple. And having lots of ReDeads. BotW had minecarts around Death Mountain, could be a rollercoaster? Loftbird rides? The ancient ghost ship from Skyward Sword maybe? Archery stands? A obvious Temple of Time with a pedestal having the Master Sword stuck in there.

Lots could be possible.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Epona merry go rounds.

Not really serious. I could see a haunted house sort of construction, based on dungeons that are creepy like the Shadow Temple. And having lots of ReDeads. BotW had minecarts around Death Mountain, could be a rollercoaster? Loftbird rides? The ancient ghost ship from Skyward Sword maybe? Archery stands? A obvious Temple of Time with a pedestal having the Master Sword stuck in there.

Lots could be possible.
ghost ship is in wind waker, skyward sword has the sand ship

Arsh99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Arsh99
Would love to see the Temple of Time in real life, but wouldnt be much to do there. Maybe they'll make a Hyrule Castle one day and the entry room will be evocative of the OoT Temple of Time room.

Koroks scattered around would be very cute.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Impa, Zelda, and Paya Plushies.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I don't want a single Champion. Not that I think that would stop the developers, but they are part of a crew and all of equal importance, so to choose one over the others would be weird. I would prefer Skull Kid, Tingle, Tetra, or even BotW Zelda.
I agree with you about the others getting in before the Champions, but not BOTW Zelda. I whether have Urbosa or Mipha over another version of Zelda.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I don't get the issue of having one Champion, and not the others. Same has happened with certain Pokemon, like Greninja, Incineroar, and the specific starters used by the Trainer.

Sure, I prefer Impa. But the Champions have quite good staying power for Zelda character standards. They appeared in two games already, and BotW is a continuation of these games.

So yeah, I wouldn't be opposed to seeing a Champion at all.

Lenidem

Smash Lord
I don't get the issue of having one Champion, and not the others. Same has happened with certain Pokemon, like Greninja, Incineroar, and the specific starters used by the Trainer.

Sure, I prefer Impa. But the Champions have quite good staying power for Zelda character standards. They appeared in two games already, and BotW is a continuation of these games.

Well, for me it's just that I like "logical" choices. That's why I still find it weird that we have Falco but not Peppy and Slippy, or one Pokémon starter and no the others (except maybe if one of them is obviously more popular than the rest, like Charizard). It's arbitrary, and I don't like arbitrary. I like the Champions myself and have nothing against them as characters, but none of them stands out of the lot, which is normal because they are a group - Hyrule's Avengers! So, for me, it should be all of them or none, because whoever they choose would feel "unfair" for the three others. While Impa, for example, is "herself" before being "part of the group".

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Honestly I understood the desire to have the Champions in over Impa prior to Age of Calamity, but the latter showed so much amazing moveset potential in that game that it really pushed her over the top for me wanting her as the next Zelda rep.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well, for me it's just that I like "logical" choices. That's why I still find it weird that we have Falco but not Peppy and Slippy, or one Pokémon starter and no the others (except maybe if one of them is obviously more popular than the rest, like Charizard). It's arbitrary, and I don't like arbitrary. I like the Champions myself and have nothing against them as characters, but none of them stands out of the lot, which is normal because they are a group - Hyrule's Avengers! So, for me, it should be all of them or none, because whoever they choose would feel "unfair" for the three others. While Impa, for example, is "herself" before being "part of the group".
Slippy would honestly work well as a Falco Echo I ways thought. I don't really see Peppy working well honestly. His old body likely wouldn't move as fast as Fox would. Otherwise, that would be the only workable option as both hares and foxes are quite fast on their feet. And toads can jump high, like Falco does.

I do see your point about the Champions however.

Honestly I understood the desire to have the Champions in over Impa prior to Age of Calamity, but the latter showed so much amazing moveset potential in that game that it really pushed her over the top for me wanting her as the next Zelda rep.
Of course I also really prefer Impa over all of them. But I take a unique Zelda character over nothing. Impa could easily be unique too of course. But I still think they might borrow a little from Sheik.

Ideally, we'd also see Ganon. He's also another obviously missing Zelda character, but I won't see him happening unless Calamity Ganon gets a sort of standardized half human half beast form.
Like what we saw in Age of Calamity. I'd love that honestly.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Slippy would honestly work well as a Falco Echo I ways thought. I don't really see Peppy working well honestly. His old body likely wouldn't move as fast as Fox would. Otherwise, that would be the only workable option as both hares and foxes are quite fast on their feet. And toads can jump high, like Falco does.

Of course I also really prefer Impa over all of them. But I take a unique Zelda character over nothing. Impa could easily be unique too of course. But I still think they might borrow a little from Sheik.

Ideally, we'd also see Ganon. He's also another obviously missing Zelda character, but I won't see him happening unless Calamity Ganon gets a sort of standardized half human half beast form.
hes not a missing character hes a missing form

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845

hes not a missing character hes a missing form
I do think that one of the biggest positive Impa has is that she's the only character from the original Legend of Zelda that isn't already playable in some form in Smash. (Which is especially relevant given the anniversary coming up.)

A similar positive exists for Ganon, since that version of the character is both older than Ganondorf and radically different from him. If we acknowledge that a full half of the Legend of Zelda characters are different incarnations of the main cast (Young Link, Toon Link, Sheik), then I think it's foolish to disregard Ganon as a possibility. If both Zelda and Sheik can coexist, surely both Ganondorf and Ganon can as well.

That said, Ganon's preexisting roles of boss and Final Smash probably do indicate how Sakurai views the character. Probably quite similar to how he used to view Ridley; a boss character that would be difficult to implement due to factors like size and strength, who is instead represented in non-playable ways.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I do think that one of the biggest positive Impa has is that she's the only character from the original Legend of Zelda that isn't already playable in some form in Smash. (Which is especially relevant given the anniversary coming up.)

A similar positive exists for Ganon, since that version of the character is both older than Ganondorf and radically different from him. If we acknowledge that a full half of the Legend of Zelda characters are different incarnations of the main cast (Young Link, Toon Link, Sheik), then I think it's foolish to disregard Ganon as a possibility. If both Zelda and Sheik can coexist, surely both Ganondorf and Ganon can as well.

That said, Ganon's preexisting roles of boss and Final Smash probably do indicate how Sakurai views the character. Probably quite similar to how he used to view Ridley; a boss character that would be difficult to implement due to factors like size and strength, who is instead represented in non-playable ways.
the anniversary has actually passed

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

In that regard, I think Impa and Ganon indeed have a lot in common, and would make for a nice conjoined reveal trailer. With also the hope of classic costumes for the original cast, or at least Zelda. Link's alternative green tunic is quite similar to NES Link anyway.

Ganon could be made unique using the trident. I just don't think they'd base him on his classic appearance. It's harder for him to appear seeing he's right now stuck as a boss, and as a Final Smash for Ganondorf. Albeit that's a different form. That's why I think a human - beat hybrid form of Calamity Ganon would probably be chosen before classic Ganon.

I'm quite curious what they'll do with the sequel of BotW tho.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

This. And Arms can be implied here as well since Min Min made it in over Spring Man, Ribbon Girl, Twintelle, ect, ect. It could happen.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
This. And Arms can be implied here as well since Min Min made it in over Spring Man, Ribbon Girl, Twintelle, ect, ect. It could happen.
Which Champion would you personally like included best? I think Urbosa or Mipha have the best chance, but Daruk would be very unique too as a super heavyweight with huge range and great defensive capabilities.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Which Champion would you personally like included best? I think Urbosa or Mipha have the best chance, but Daruk would be very unique too as a super heavyweight with huge range and great defensive capabilities.
Personally, Urbosa. I know we have Ganondorf who is the king of the Gerudos and a male, but we don't have a female Gerudo rep yet and Urbosa would be perfect. I would love to see Mipha as well as it would give us a Zora rep.

Lenidem

Smash Lord
It could happen, sure, but I understood the question as "what's YOUR problem with having only one Champion?" I never played ARMS, but I think choosing Min Min was... weird. As it would be weird to have a playable Zora but no playable Goron, or the opposite.

Ok for the Star Fox team, Peppy would make a less intuitive clone/Echo. But why should they all be clones/Echoes of each others? I like Falco, that's not my point. But his inclusion makes me wonder "where are the others". Wolf and Krystal feel more "legitimate" to me because they are more independent.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Nothing, I was saying Min Min made it in over Spring Man, Ribbon Girl, Twintelle, ect, ect and was implying that they could choose one of the Champions from BOTW like how they only chose Min Min for a Arms character.
well there’s a difference, the champions are a subgroup of characters in the over all where as the arms gang are all the main characters

I see the comparison but there’s still a fair difference

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
well there’s a difference, the champions are a subgroup of characters in the over all where as the arms gang are all the main characters

I see the comparison but there’s still a fair difference
I'm not really trying to compare them, I'm just saying that people that we couldn't have one Arms character and thought we needed one with multiple as alts a la Hero yet we got Min Min alone. People think it's not possible we could just get one of the Champions.

Top Bottom