• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sheikah Shrine; Impa's Spiritual home of Support & Speculation. Hear our voice Echo for a Echo Fighters Pass!

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Well, in the "Legends" version of the first one, there is a mode where you can play every mission with any character.
And in 3ds and switch versions they added in the ability to freely switch between characters on your team

Lenidem

Smash Lord
And in 3ds and switch versions they added in the ability to freely switch between characters on your team
I only played "Legends", the 3DS version, and this ability feels so natural that it's hard to imagine the game without it.

Last edited:

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
Impa's moveset in AoC is amazing.
I'm pretty confident the last 2 characters are going to be Impa and Crash, in no specific order.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Impa's moveset in AoC is amazing.
I'm pretty confident the last 2 characters are going to be Impa and Crash, in no specific order.
Am not too sure to be honest. Impa is already a Spirit , one of the last to be added even with the AoC Spirit Event. Sure, it has happened before, upgrade from Spirit to playable, but not like this.

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
Am not too sure to be honest. Impa is already a Spirit , one of the last to be added even with the AoC Spirit Event. Sure, it has happened before, upgrade from Spirit to playable, but not like this.
My only argument is that Byleth, Min Min and Pyra/Mythra being added as marketing elements from recent Switch games, it wouldn't be crazy to think that they could add her to promote AoC and/or even Botw2.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
I don’t know if I’ve ever visited this thread, but I’ve always been a supporter of Impa in Smash. Personally, I would be more than happy to have her as an echo, but AoC definitely makes me think about just how interesting a unique moveset for her could be.

I imagine this question has been asked plenty of times before, but what art style would you guys want Impa to have? I think her Hyrule Warriors and Skyward Sword designs are my favorite. I do like her AoC design, but it doesn’t look very “Impa” to me I guess. Plus, Link already has the BotW art style covered.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I don’t know if I’ve ever visited this thread, but I’ve always been a supporter of Impa in Smash. Personally, I would be more than happy to have her as an echo, but AoC definitely makes me think about just how interesting a unique moveset for her could be.

I imagine this question has been asked plenty of times before, but what art style would you guys want Impa to have? I think her Hyrule Warriors and Skyward Sword designs are my favorite. I do like her AoC design, but it doesn’t look very “Impa” to me I guess. Plus, Link already has the BotW art style covered.
I'd be fine with any, but Ocarina of Time, Skyward Sword, AOC, and Hyrule Warriors are my favorites.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
My only argument is that Byleth, Min Min and Pyra/Mythra being added as marketing elements from recent Switch games, it wouldn't be crazy to think that they could add her to promote AoC and/or even Botw2.
who says they were added as marketing?

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
The HD version of Skyward Sword will make for some interesting reassesments of the game. On one hand the traditional button controls will allow for a more fair take on the overall experience, but will also allow players to likely focus on other controversial aspects of the game entirely unrelated to motion controls.

The linear and more hand holdy nature especially will get some backlash from those used to the open nature of BotW.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
The HD version of Skyward Sword will make for some interesting reassesments of the game. On one hand the traditional button controls will allow for a more fair take on the overall experience, but will also allow players to likely focus on other controversial aspects of the game entirely unrelated to motion controls.

The linear and more hand holdy nature especially will get some backlash from those used to the open nature of BotW.
It will definitely take some time to get used to Skyward Sword's overworld again after BotW. However, the story makes up a lot for it. As well as the dungeons. Those are easily some of the best in the series, same with item progression.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I feel bad for Impa’s original Hyrule Warriors incarnation. She was a badass warrior that had two amazing movesets. Ever since Age of Calamity came out, almost everyone moved on. I think AoC Impa is cool in her own way and has a really fun moveset, she just doesn’t have the same appeal to me. I would still be happy enough with AoC Impa, but it’s really sad I have to give up hope for my favorite incarnation of her.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I feel bad for Impa’s original Hyrule Warriors incarnation. She was a badass warrior that had two amazing movesets. Ever since Age of Calamity came out, almost everyone moved on. I think AoC Impa is cool in her own way and has a really fun moveset, she just doesn’t have the same appeal to me. I would still be happy enough with AoC Impa, but it’s really sad I have to give up hope for my favorite incarnation of her.
It was a great role and design for her yeah. Not gonna lie, I miss it too. Maybe we could still get those styles back through DLC? After all, heavy swords and spears are a common weapon type in BotW. I would love to play Impa like that in AoC. Was very hyped to have this Impa in Smash before. Remember how they modded her model of HW into Cloud in Smash 4? Fitted naturally. Her role was also more typical, and frankly it suited the character better. But the way she's handled in AoC made her more popular.... It always kind of conflicted me honestly.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
hmm doesnt look to bad.
Yeah, DSX8 is a great modder and still works on Smash Ultimate today. He was also pretty active in Brawl modding back when I was modding as well (under the name Aafyre, which I use pretty much everywhere but here these days). I pretty much gave up after Brawl but I'm really impressed with his dedication.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, DSX8 is a great modder and still works on Smash Ultimate today. He was also pretty active in Brawl modding back when I was modding as well (under the name Aafyre, which I use pretty much everywhere but here these days). I pretty much gave up after Brawl but I'm really impressed with his dedication.
What kind of mods did you do?

Gengar84

Smash Hero
What kind of mods did you do?
I mostly did what was called vertex editing where you started with the base character in the game and reshaped them into something else and retextured them. I made a ton of Pokemon this way and other characters like Sephiroth, King K. Rool, Lelouch, Boba Fett, and Predator. Towards the end, I made my own models but needed somebody to help actually rig the skeleton since I never learned that. I made the Battletoads, Genesect, Kabutops, Poliwrath, and Pharaoh Man this way.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I mostly did what was called vertex editing where you started with the base character in the game and reshaped them into something else and retextured them. I made a ton of Pokemon this way and other characters like Sephiroth, King K. Rool, Lelouch, Boba Fett, and Predator. Towards the end, I made my own models but needed somebody to help actually rig the skeleton since I never learned that. I made the Battletoads, Genesect, Kabutops, Poliwrath, and Pharaoh Man this way.
That’s quite a mix of characters. Must have been a little surreal when k.rool and sephiroth made it for real

Gengar84

Smash Hero
That’s quite a mix of characters. Must have been a little surreal when k.rool and sephiroth made it for real
Yeah, that was really awesome. I also made a Banjo over Mario so that's three characters I made mods of that actually made it in as a character.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I'm so excited for Robbie and Purah. I basically punched the air when I saw the two sheikah appear during the Direct,..

...this art definitely needed Impa and Zelda on it though to be truly perfect.
i think this one of the easier times to guess whose coming

Last edited:
Top Bottom