• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sheikah Shrine; Impa's Spiritual home of Support & Speculation. Hear our voice Echo for a Echo Fighters Pass!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Quick Age of Calamity question - does Impa's X attack not generate symbols if you're a significantly higher level than what's suggested for the mission? I'm trying some level 27 missions with a level 37 Impa, and pressing X doesn't create symbols. It seems like the only way I could make them was with something like YYYX (and even then, it only worked once - using it with clones out didn't make the symbols appear) or with Impa's special move (the A button, which can't be used often).

I'm not sure why it's not working, but it seems like it's significantly decreasing Impa's effectiveness, so I want to figure out what (if anything) I'm doing wrong here.

EDIT: it's clearly been a while since I last played this game - it turns out that ZR creates the symbols, not X. I'm hoping to finish this game before Persona 5 Strikers comes out next week, though I likely won't.
Yeah it's ZR, and after that you're gonna need to use strong X attacks to absorb symbols.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
a 50 minute direct tomorrow night? sounds like a good time to announce some stuff for the zelda anniversary

better keep my expectations in check

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
a 50 minute direct tomorrow night? sounds like a good time to announce some stuff for the zelda anniversary

better keep my expectations in check
Am quite sure that there will be Zelda in this Direct! Must be. I think we'll see much of what we should've seen at E3. BotW2 is almost a given.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Nintendo of Europe has stated the Direct will be Smash related, and games coming to the first half of 2021. I am doubting BotW2 will get a lot of attention besides a new trailer. Age of Calamity DLC will probably be shown tho.

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
It seems like they are the first batch at least. Kind of was hoping to get DLC sooner than June. Only 2 character months away.

I wonder what weapons they will get.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Purah and Robbie hinted at as playable for Age of Calamity!
They had battle models already, it was a given. Am curious if Impa is gonna get some love in this DLC. And I kind of hope we'll see the storyline what leads up to Breath of the Wild itself.

Skyward Sword HD is great tho! This means the developers must love it a lot for it to be the Anniversary port. I could see us getting a free Impa Echo as bonus for this...

Seems Skyward Sword Impa is out best bet yet again.

No BotW2 news is kind of a bummer tho. How can you showcase a 2022 game with Splatoon 3, but nothing new regarding this game? Yet it's coming along smoothly they said. Weird.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I never owned a Wii U, so didn't play the HD ports of Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, but did those games got some sort of extra content? If so, I expect the same from Skyward Sword HD.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I never owned a Wii U, so didn't play the HD ports of Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, but did those games got some sort of extra content? If so, I expect the same from Skyward Sword HD.
well wind waker they swapped out the tingle turner for miiverse stuff and changed around the triforce hunt. twilight princess i think it was just the dungeon with the amiibo

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
ive pre ordered the AoC expansion pass. dont know about SS hd yet may gibe it a pass

oh who am i kidding thats exactly what i thought about OoT and WW when there ones happened and i got them. its zelda i just cant help myself

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
ive pre ordered the AoC expansion pass. dont know about SS hd yet may gibe it a pass

oh who am i kidding thats exactly what i thought about OoT and WW when there ones happened and i got them. its zelda i just cant help myself
I'll get the AoC expansion, no doubt. Shame I already max leveled Impa. In the original game you could go on to level 250 right? It was way too easy to level 100 Impa.

And yeah I'll also get Skyward Sword. It was a very good game. The dungeons especially where superb. And backtracking was actually fun in many cases.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I'll get the AoC expansion, no doubt. Shame I already max leveled Impa. In the original game you could go on to level 250 right? It was way too easy to level 100 Impa.

And yeah I'll also get Skyward Sword. It was a very good game. The dungeons especially where superb. And backtracking was actually fun in many cases.
Well initially with the original HW it was only up to level 100 but with each many of the updates the added another 50

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Do you think we will new Amiibos based on Impa, Purah, and Robbie now that Purah and Robbie will be DLC?
Hopefully. Impa is one of the more prominent characters in the series so I feel she should've had an amiibo by now.

I could also see us getting a Skyward Sword Impa amiibo to promote Skyward Sword HD just like how we got a Midna amiibo to promote Twilight Princess HD on Wii U back then.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Hopefully. Impa is one of the more prominent characters in the series so I feel she should've had an amiibo by now.

I could also see us getting a Skyward Sword Impa amiibo to promote Skyward Sword HD just like how we got a Midna amiibo to promote Twilight Princess HD on Wii U back then.
weve got one

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I'm going to be pissed if we get a Breath of the Wild rep as one of the next two Smash fighters and it's Zelda instead of onr of the Champions because we don't need a 3rd version if Zelda. Plus, if Impa loses to any other Zelda character, I would want it to be one of the Champions, Skull Kid or Pig Ganon if that was possible.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm going to be pissed if we get a Breath of the Wild rep as one of the next two Smash fighters and it's Zelda instead of onr of the Champions because we don't need a 3rd version if Zelda. Plus, if Impa loses to any other Zelda character, I would want it to be one of the Champions, Skull Kid or Pig Ganon if that was possible.
I agree with you here. BotW Zelda can be DLC, sure, but rather as a free Echo of Zelda, using the Down B of BotW Link. And why not the old Light Arrow Final Smash. I much rather have a Champion as a separate newcomer than Zelda. I have no strong preference even which Champion has to be chosen, could live with them all.

Speaking of, Breath of the Wild actually did release around a similar timeframe as Xenoblade 2 and ARMS... It's entirely possible a Zelda newcomer was already planned around Breath of the Wild, but they didn't prioritize it.

If Ultimate would've gotten newcomers the same way Smash 4 did, a Champion would very likely have been chosen as a newcomer am sure.

EDIT: What if they'd gone crazy, and after the Pyra & Mythra reveal they release a combined character of BotW Zelda and Young Impa, BotW Zelda as a direct Echo to Zelda, with Link's Bombs. And Impa a semi clone of Sheik, with a kodachi short sword. Down B would be switching like PT and PM do it.

What would your reaction be?

Last edited:

Lenidem

Smash Lord
I don't want a single Champion. Not that I think that would stop the developers, but they are part of a crew and all of equal importance, so to choose one over the others would be weird. I would prefer Skull Kid, Tingle, Tetra, or even BotW Zelda.

I don't like the idea of a Zelda & Impa package either. They never worked like that in their games, so it doesn't make sense like Zelda/Sheik or Pokémon Trainer, or even Dixie/Kiddy.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I don't want a single Champion. Not that I think that would stop the developers, but they are part of a crew and all of equal importance, so to choose one over the others would be weird. I would prefer Skull Kid, Tingle, Tetra, or even BotW Zelda.

I don't like the idea of a Zelda & Impa package either. They never worked like that in their games, so it doesn't make sense like Zelda/Sheik or Pokémon Trainer, or even Dixie/Kiddy.
In a sense it would be reflective of HW where you can switch between them

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Sakurai did a tweet for Zelda 35.

Today in 1986, the disk system and "The Legend of Zelda" were released. 35th anniversary !! The first "Zelda" is the first disk system software. I got in line from the morning on the release date. I was excited by the opening item list. The person who played can understand why the link is red, right? #Smash Bros. SP

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Sakurai did a tweet for Zelda 35.

Today in 1986, the disk system and "The Legend of Zelda" were released. 35th anniversary !! The first "Zelda" is the first disk system software. I got in line from the morning on the release date. I was excited by the opening item list. The person who played can understand why the link is red, right? #Smash Bros. SP
Considering Sakurai skipped a few anniversaries, this is huge. I still think it's possible Zelda will get something this DLC , but am not sure it's gonna be Impa.. the obvious pick didn't made it for ARMS and Xenoblade after all.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Considering Sakurai skipped a few anniversaries, this is huge. I still think it's possible Zelda will get something this DLC , but am not sure it's gonna be Impa.. the obvious pick didn't made it for ARMS and Xenoblade after all.
pyra and mythra really prove that popularity may not matter as much as we all think

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
As far as I could gather, they're very popular characters actually. What do you mean with this?
But Rex was more popular. People often use a character’s popularity as an argument in their favour of inclusion. But Rex is now one of the characters who had a less popular character chosen over him. And what with the struggle to get Ridley and k.rool in and all the other super popular characters that are overlooked all the time I’m no longer sure we should put much stock in it

D

Deleted member

Hello people, I was reccomended by someone to talk here about the Age Of Calamity DLC.

I'm personally midly excited as I'm hoping this DLC is finally the way we get Puhra as a playable character (she was my most wanted one).

And I'm curious to see how they expand the story too.

Lenidem

Smash Lord
depends on the level, sometimes its 2, sometimes its 4
Yeah, I was mainly thinking of the first Hyrule Warriors, with a mode where you play whichever character you like. Anyway, this mechanic is not at all tied to Zelda and Impa, so I'm strongly against it.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, I was mainly thinking of the first Hyrule Warriors, with a mode where you play whichever character you like. Anyway, this mechanic is not at all tied to Zelda and Impa, so I'm strongly against it.
I was talking about the first one

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Hello people, I was reccomended by someone to talk here about the Age Of Calamity DLC.

I'm personally midly excited as I'm hoping this DLC is finally the way we get Puhra as a playable character (she was my most wanted one).

And I'm curious to see how they expand the story too.
Yeah, it's pretty much confirmed in datamines that Purah and Robbie are going to be playable via the DLC.

Top Bottom