• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sheikah Shrine; Impa's Spiritual home of Support & Speculation. Hear our voice Echo for a Echo Fighters Pass!

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I wish i could take fotos of my Drawings i still need a Camera

Seems that paint is my only tool right Now!

Also Impas Oracle sprite:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Just 14 days!

Still hope for Zelda Action Figures that are Released Worldwide
I mean it doesnt even need to be Gb Link
Getting Toon,Tp,Botw Link Zelda Tetra Shiek ,Ganondorf, Gorons, Zora, and some Enemys (especialy Octo rocks ) would be Enough (of course also Sheikah/Shiekah Impa) i mean most of them Would be the most Recognizable Characters And Enemys

Still Pray for GB Link tho he just fits so good

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
have we ever done much stage discussion? i know weve all pretty much collectively ruled impa out but i just wanted to see what ideas people had. though i get the feeling most will say kakarioko

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
Depends on which version of Impa. If it's AoC Impa, I'd say yes to BOTW Kakariko. Probably would do Kakariko for OoT Impa as well. If original Hyrule Warriors Impa got in, I would love to see the Valley of Seers. I know it's not associated with her specifically but it's one of the coolest looking places in Hyrule Warriors.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I think it's kind of curious that there hasn't been any sort of news yet about Age of Calamity DLC, or any sort of new information about Breath of the Wild 2. I'm still eagerly waiting for both of these.

Staarih

Smash Master
I think it's kind of curious that there hasn't been any sort of news yet about Age of Calamity DLC, or any sort of new information about Breath of the Wild 2. I'm still eagerly waiting for both of these.
A lot of people are speculating Zelda 35th anniversary stuff happening this year akin to Mario last/this year, with a full-blown Zelda Direct. Not saying that anything like will necessarily happen but that would be a good time for DLC announcements for AoC etc.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
A lot of people are speculating Zelda 35th anniversary stuff happening this year akin to Mario last/this year, with a full-blown Zelda Direct. Not saying that anything like will necessarily happen but that would be a good time for DLC announcements for AoC etc.
I somehow keep forgetting this. Well, yeah the year is still young. So we can expect to see a lot later this year. What is the exact anniversary date? And did the Mario Direct last year fall on the day of the anniversary too?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I somehow keep forgetting this. Well, yeah the year is still young. So we can expect to see a lot later this year. What is the exact anniversary date? And did the Mario Direct last year fall on the day of the anniversary too?
a week tomorrow

or the 21st as you may be in a very different time

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Having now gone through a fairly extensive playthrough of Age of Calamity, young Impa feels like she has to be in the next Smash. There's too many great mechanics there a chance to really pay tribute to the Hyrule Warriors series in general to not do it.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Having now gone through a fairly extensive playthrough of Age of Calamity, young Impa feels like she has to be in the next Smash. There's too many great mechanics there a chance to really pay tribute to the Hyrule Warriors series in general to not do it.
that usually means they wont do it

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Impa is honestly the most logical choice for a new Zelda newcomer at this point. There's no excuse now. Am actually kind of glad she hasn't been a Echo in her Skyward Sword appearance, otherwise she would likely never have made it as a fully unique character in Smash ever. Just look at how long it took Ganondorf to be where he is now.

I can only see Impa have more impactful roles in the future of Zelda. BotW2, am not too sure about. But since the time travel stuff happened before, it's possible of course.

Hyrule Warriors likely won't get content in a Smash game. Not directly. I could see them take some inspiration from Impa's HW AoC moveset, but that's about it.

I can't really make my mind up regarding our situation. Yeah, at one hand there's no more obvious choice than Impa, but a Zelda newcomer likely isn't a high priority, shamefully. And our best bet for Impa is now literally a Spirit.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
I do think its a least promising to see the progress of Impa. She became a more significant protector figure in Ocarina, played a larger role in the plot of Skyward Sword, became playable in an alternate canon spin-off, and finally playable in an official prequel to a mainline Zelda game. Her stock has gone up considerably, and if there is another Smash game she'd have to be up there as far as likely Smash reps.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
At the end of the day, importance becomes insignificant if there isn't the fan demand to back it up. Impa was already fairly important prior to AOC, but it was AOC that gave her another big boost of fan demand for the Ultimate era (the last big boost she had was around the release of Hyrule Warriors 1 during the Smash 4 era). Thankfully thanks to AOC her fan demand has been rising back to a respectable level on par for her importance (while being mostly undervalued for most of the Ultimate speculation era).

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
This most made me realize that my absolute dream Zelda would probably be a prequel to Skyward Sword, with a open world like Breath of the Wild, but dungeons and "puzzle combat", secret sword techniques, and of course a Young Impa.
Back in the day with hearing how Skyward Sword was going to take place at the earliest in the timeline, I was expecting to see the goddesses Din, Farore and Nayru and see how Hyrule and everything came to be like how it was told in Ocarina of Time. Sadly, Skyward Sword didn't take place that early, but one day I hope we get a Zelda game that takes place from the very beginning before Din, Farore and Nayru left to the heavens and left behind their power within the newly born Triforce.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
you sound like us toad fans
Toad or Captain Toad are the most logical. But I could see Paper Mario, or even Pauline be considered before them.
I mean both characters are advisors to the royal Princess.
Bandana Dee has a similar sort of role right?
Back in the day with hearing how Skyward Sword was going to take place at the earliest in the timeline, I was expecting to see the goddesses Din, Farore and Nayru and see how Hyrule and everything came to be like how it was told in Ocarina of Time. Sadly, Skyward Sword didn't taje place that early, but one day I hope we get a Zelda game that takes place from the very beginning before Din, Farore and Nayru left to the heavens and left behind their power within the newly born Triforce.
Yeah I always found that weird too. I mean, there was Hylia, sure. But where are Din, Faore and Nayru as you said ? BotW also didn't state anything about the original Goddesses, but did feature Hylia greatly.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
not as such. when we first met him he was a servant of some sort to dedede but these days hes more on kirbys side
I never played too many Kirby games honestly. But I just know, Bandana Dee is in a very similar situation to ours, Dixie, and Toad. All 4 should honestly be added, as they have enough merrit to be included.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
To some degree Bandana Dee is a bit like Amy Rose. Clearly the 4th main/playable character of the series (with Eggman being acknowledged as the villain in this context) and never going away... but with the caveat that she's not as significant in many of the notable games and that the core trio (Sonic/Tails/Knuckles & Kirby/Dedede/Meta Knight) often feel like they're of higher priority.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
To some degree Bandana Dee is a bit like Amy Rose. Clearly the 4th main/playable character of the series (with Eggman being acknowledged as the villain in this context) and never going away... but with the caveat that she's not as significant in many of the notable games and that the core trio (Sonic/Tails/Knuckles & Kirby/Dedede/Meta Knight) often feel like they're of higher priority.
Kind of a gloomy idea that Impa seems to fit this category now as well.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Quick Age of Calamity question - does Impa's X attack not generate symbols if you're a significantly higher level than what's suggested for the mission? I'm trying some level 27 missions with a level 37 Impa, and pressing X doesn't create symbols. It seems like the only way I could make them was with something like YYYX (and even then, it only worked once - using it with clones out didn't make the symbols appear) or with Impa's special move (the A button, which can't be used often).

I'm not sure why it's not working, but it seems like it's significantly decreasing Impa's effectiveness, so I want to figure out what (if anything) I'm doing wrong here.

EDIT: it's clearly been a while since I last played this game - it turns out that ZR creates the symbols, not X. I'm hoping to finish this game before Persona 5 Strikers comes out next week, though I likely won't.

Last edited:
Top Bottom