• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sheikah Shrine; Impa's Spiritual home of Support & Speculation. Hear our voice Echo for a Echo Fighters Pass!

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Whelp finished AoC story

and the game confirms it’s non canon. But it’s an awesome game, the king and the monk are great to play as. I think I’ve got two more characters to go. Ganon new form looks like it could work with the smash move set. Did the last mission with link Zelda Impa and the king.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I think that Impa is legitimately turning out to be the best character in this game. At the very least, she's very very popular, and she's hugely involved in the story! It's a thing that Link doesn't talk, that's no spoiler at this point... But Impa seems to do his part of the talking, she's so involved with both Link and Zelda, moreso than any of the Champions.

Plus, this game is now the best selling Warriors game, AND the holiday title! 👀

I think Impa has a great shot. I think she was intentionally made so good honestly.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Alongside loosely adapting/reinterpreting anything that's not explicitly meant to be a canon sequel for any IP that isn't theirs, one of Koei Tecmo's other habits is to launch DLC for all sorts of odds and ends, which may be happening here as well:

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2...oice_clips_in_hyrule_warriors_age_of_calamity

I think that Impa is legitimately turning out to be the best character in this game. At the very least, she's very very popular, and she's hugely involved in the story! It's a thing that Link doesn't talk, that's no spoiler at this point... But Impa seems to do his part of the talking, she's so involved with both Link and Zelda, moreso than any of the Champions.

Plus, this game is now the best selling Warriors game, AND the holiday title! 👀

I think Impa has a great shot. I think she was intentionally made so good honestly.
I don't know...we didn't get anything from KT's Nintendo collabs so far. No spirits for Lana, Cia, Linkle, Wizzro, Volga, or even HW's own take on Ganondorf. KT has been really hesitant with lending anything from that, for some reason. Fire Emblem Warriors' Rowan and Lianna aren't even here as spirits either.

Somehow, I doubt we'll even get anything from AOC at all.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I don't know...we didn't get anything from KT's Nintendo collabs so far. No spirits for Lana, Cia, Linkle, Wizzro, Volga, or even HW's own take on Ganondorf. KT has been really hesitant with lending anything from that, for some reason. Fire Emblem Warriors' Rowan and Lianna aren't even here as spirits either.

Somehow, I doubt we'll even get anything from AOC at all.
are we sure its KT whos not allowing it

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Only if there is a Season Pass 3 or bonus DLC. You got to remember, the fighters for each Season Pass were planned ahead of time so whoever is all remaining in Season Pass 2 was decided long before they announced it.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Only if there is a Season Pass 3 or bonus DLC. You got to remember, the fighters for each Season Pass were planned ahead of time so whoever is all remaining in Season Pass 2 was decided long before they announced it.
well there's the thing, we know sakurai is allowed behind the scenes for some games before theyre even revealed. whether or not this is true of AoC we have no idea but people can argue that if it happened with byleth it can happen with impa

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Swag is a term meaning "Showing your moves", "Looking bad***", ect. It all means the same thing. I guess you're not that into Internet/meme culture.
Swag was a whole mainstream thing back untill 2015 or so. You heard the word being overused everywhere. Kinda wondered why they stopped as people are still trying to impress others with material possessions. Which was the whole "swag", combined with personal style and a proud, boastful outlook in body and facials.

We humans really gotta evolve.

Anyway, almost finished the main story. It's really kind of short honestly...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So anyone else still holding out hope that we might get the old movesets of Impa back through DLC in this game? I think there's a big possibility, since Impa has grown to be such a popular character, and both two-handed swords and spears are a weapon type already both in BotW and AoC. I do suspect they will ditch the (somewhat forced) elements on these weapons however.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
So anyone else still holding out hope that we might get the old movesets of Impa back through DLC in this game? I think there's a big possibility, since Impa has grown to be such a popular character, and both two-handed swords and spears are a weapon type already both in BotW and AoC. I do suspect they will ditch the (somewhat forced) elements on these weapons however.
well links one handed sword is kinda similar to links old sword move set so i dont see why not

though i think most are expecting, purah, robbie, astor and sooga

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
well links one handed sword is kinda similar to links old sword move set so i dont see why not

though i think most are expecting, purah, robbie, astor and sooga
One handed sword being so similar to the old moveset was gonna be a given. I still think the shield surfing is silly. My preference for Link is the two-handed blade. It's flashy and destructive, which I both enjoy.

If I had to make a list of favourite characters right now it'd be:

1. Impa
2. Link (two-handed sword)
3. Urbosa
Monk Maz Khozia
King Rhoam
6. Link (one handed sword)
Teba
8. Mipha
9. Revalli
10. Link (spears)

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
One handed sword being so similar to the old moveset was gonna be a given. I still think the shield surfing is silly. My preference for Link is the two-handed blade. It's flashy and destructive, which I both enjoy.

If I had to make a list of favourite characters right now it'd be:

1. Impa
2. Link (two-handed sword)
3. Urbosa
Monk Maz Khozia
King Rhoam
6. Link (one handed sword)
Teba
8. Mipha
9. Revalli
10. Link (spears)
the shield surfing is just like his charging move from the last one

youve still got a few more characters

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I honestly don't mind as long as they use her Age of Calamity design.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Age of Calamity's Impa design is good, even if it took a bit too much from Paya for my tastes. It's a pretty safe choice however, as Paya was a very popular character in Breath of the Wild of course. I personally like her Skyward Sword design best, but Age of Calamity comes second soon after, and 3rd place is the original Hyrule Warriors, with Ocarina of Time Impa being 4th. All other designs aren't just it for me.

I prefer Impa being the stoic persona she was before Age of Calamity towards the more cutesy "Impaya" design, but like I said the design has grown on me. And we all know the typical cute female side character is often more popular in gaming media, at least amongst Nintendo fanbases safe Metroid, than Impa's typical more serious roles. If Impa can get more roles as a young battle-ready Sheikah instead of being a wise old sage, I'm all for the cutesy design honestly. Impa is now seriously shaping up to be the 3rd most important non-villanous Zelda character, her role in Age of Calamity is pretty damn big after all.

Also, I'm now 1000% positive that Impa is the best character in Age of Calamity, and therefore one of the most popular ones. She's available from the start after all. No way she's not gonna see serious screentime for most people.

Got a small inside joke for all those who don't mind the spoilers about this:

The only thing canon about Age of Calamity is how Impa survived everything and the rest basically failed hard.

Am glad the story isn't all doom and gloom however. Would've been kind of unsettling to see the Champions, and even Link, die on-screen.

Staarih

Smash Master
An ideal situation would be for Impa to have four young designs to her (OoT, SS, HW and AoC) and another set of four alternate colors. But seeing how the other Zelda characters have stuck to one design from one of the Zelda games, Impa will likely follow suit. I adore the AoC design but Skyward Sword is still my fave, and it'd be a game not-yet represented in the designs of the Zelda-characters.

I keep on going back and forth with Impa in regards to Smash, but I do have a hunch she'd be the next in line when thinking of Zelda-characters.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Four alternative costumes of designs of Impa could really work wonders. Ideally, I would love to see the same for Link, Zelda and Ganondorf at least. Or at least Breath of the Wild Zelda as an alt to regular Zelda. Her second moveset in AoC is actually how she should've been in Smash in the first place but oh well..

I wonder what sort of DLC Age of Calamity will get. I sort of suspect a new batch of DLC when BotW's sequel comes out.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
having impas 4 younger designs as alts would be amazing. though i maintain having old impa as an alt would be hilarious

Am glad the story isn't all doom and gloom however. Would've been kind of unsettling to see the Champions, and even Link, die on-screen.
i mean we technically saw that last one

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
A little off topic; do you think Monk Maz Koshia will re-appear in Breath of the Wild 2?
I don't think so. I think the sequel will be way less themed around the Sheikah, I doubt even the Sheikah Slate is gonna return. All in favour of the hand mechanic Link seems to get early on, and a possible link to the Zonai tribe.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I don't think so. I think the sequel will be way less themed around the Sheikah, I doubt even the Sheikah Slate is gonna return. All in favour of the hand mechanic Link seems to get early on, and a possible link to the Zonai tribe.
you think the hand thing is a mechanic?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
you think the hand thing is a mechanic?
Not a mechanic, but a major key ability through the game like the Sheikah Slate was for Breath of the Wild, or the Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker for their respective games.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Not a mechanic, but a major key ability through the game like the Sheikah Slate was for Breath of the Wild, or the Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker for their respective games.
i suppose it could be, but it does seem to be what's reviving ganon

Top Bottom